SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sentinel vs sfo. (_ForgottenLegend_) Challenges and Tournaments 22 05-22-2008 10:32 PM
Sentinel tag ~TR~luigi1514 Banners, Avatars and Images 4 11-20-2006 10:58 AM
Sentinel strategy from 2nd best sentinel in sfo xsouldeath General Comments & Strategies 15 03-18-2006 03:23 PM

Old 07-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Shintouku

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Shintouku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why sentinel?

I have been playing ever since the first game and NEVER liked sentinel. He only has like 4 moves and there all fast and take too much life. Even the most non cheap players are cheap when they use him. And when the new players get there hands on him, its constant sentinel beam through the whole match.
Believe it or not, theres a site on freewebs.com thats based on hating sentinel. what do you players think of him?

Old 07-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3080
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

he's the best projectile type marve| character?

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
_Duce-Is-Back_

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 129
_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough

Sentinel is the big daddy
So bow down or get rocket punched.
_Duce-Is-Back_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
(-KIllA13-)
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 98
(-KIllA13-) is an unknown quantity at this point

He plays a key role in the storymode of DWX? and Śmen itself? O_O

Y
(-KIllA13-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
da legend killa
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
da legend killa is an unknown quantity at this point

sent ownz

da legend killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
Revolution is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent backing up a Citorak Juggernaut in the forward in Brawl = PWNED

~RD~Revolution - PWNED
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((-KIllA13-) @ July 02 2006,22:57)]He plays a key role in the storymode of DWX? and Śmen itself? O_O
Nuff said right thurr.

Just because people hate him doesn't mean that he's coming out the game :|
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
DA_VIPA
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DA_VIPA is an unknown quantity at this point

easy to beat.. thats my thoughts
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
DrunkenMasta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Can be Raped by wolvy 0.o
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

i wish i had a sentinal to do my bidding....
Old 07-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #11
Jakelynch
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 15
Jakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enough
Visit Jakelynch's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DrunkenMasta @ July 03 2006,11:03)]Can be Raped by wolvy 0.o
w0rd. o_o

But Fatal Clawbarely damages him, so if they use it, you can counter attack. Sooner or later, they'll have to do a physical special to get block damage. So jump over it, and do Rocket Punch(2), two because of lag, then a special. Half and half, Wolv will still be across the screen. @_@
Old 07-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
abdulhaqq
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
abdulhaqq is an unknown quantity at this point

the sent has feturs that no other an and a master at ranged attacks
abdulhaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Bandit04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shintouku @ July 02 2006,21:35)]I have been playing ever since the first game and NEVER liked sentinel. He only has like 4 moves and there all fast and take too much life. Even the most non cheap players are cheap when they use him. And when the new players get there hands on him, its constant sentinel beam through the whole match.
Believe it or not, theres a site on freewebs.com thats based on hating sentinel. what do you players think of him?
That's exactly why..

You see, he only has one move because he's pretty strong. Giving him more moves would just make him a bigger threat.

We already have too many problems dealing with XSDeath and his cheap Sentinel tactics. Rocket Punch simultaneously, and you could give anyone a run for their money.. =/
Bandit04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
(Legend)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
(Legend) is an unknown quantity at this point

umm, lol hes pretty fun to beat on, jus keep kickin him around and u`ll find it funny cuz the fact that he cant do poop about it
(Legend) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #15
SfoBloodWormSfo
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
SfoBloodWormSfo is an unknown quantity at this point

My Evil Ken Ripps Right Threw Him.

Info:

Sfo Name:BloodsBack
Host:Yes
Vip:No
SfoBloodWormSfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

fact is, most of what you said is false Shintouku !

fast moves... my god no, that's the problem in most cases, we can't weven get him slower or else he'd suck and we can't make it higher or else he'd blows !
so he's the perfect speed...
he got fast attack ? since when, all i see are people who can see his moves like a mile away before i do them.
only4 moves, yeah that sucks...
getting close, well that's the problem, people don't use up his close range moves, because ever since i made tmyapp change the colision box on him and make him hit closer to home as he said. his close range moves are quite powerfull and actually hit those who just stay close to him ! but yet, nobody uses those close range move of sentinel, so whatever you say, sentinel seems cheap bedcause he fights long range by everyone, but that is only an illusion due to the fact that nobody uses more then 2 moves off of him and those are... rocket punch and sent beams !

and BTW, even tmyapp thinks sentinels needs a boost cause he sucks badly right now !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #17
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ July 04 2006,01:43)]fact is, most of what you said is false Shintouku !

fast moves... my god no, that's the problem in most cases, we can't weven get him slower or else he'd suck and we can't make it higher or else he'd blows !
so he's the perfect speed...
he got fast attack ? since when, all i see are people who can see his moves like a mile away before i do them.
only4 moves, yeah that sucks...
getting close, well that's the problem, people don't use up his close range moves, because ever since i made tmyapp change the colision box on him and make him hit closer to home as he said. his close range moves are quite powerfull and actually hit those who just stay close to him ! but yet, nobody uses those close range move of sentinel, so whatever you say, sentinel seems cheap bedcause he fights long range by everyone, but that is only an illusion due to the fact that nobody uses more then 2 moves off of him and those are... rocket punch and sent beams !

and BTW, even tmyapp thinks sentinels needs a boost cause he sucks badly right now !
Hm... I feel that Sent is gonna be pimped out...
Old 07-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #18
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point

what the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Even the most non cheap players are cheap when they use him
how is this possible? first of all u cant say everybody is cheap with sent just cause they beat u. sentinel is so easy to beat and to me its actually fun playing against him cause its that easy. hes a good projectile player and a strong contributor on my mvc2 squad.

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #19
luis000
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
luis000 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i don't see anything wrong about the way he is
bisides he is very strong and can easily kill an enemy(your opponent)

luis000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #20
Shintouku

Post Thanks / Like
Shintouku is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of all the the sent users I play against, i only see sent beams. And its not just every once in a while. its low sent beam for about 9 times.*makes u fly in the air*then its high sent beam for the rest of the match. that move is so abused. it just burns my toast!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #21
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bandit04 @ July 03 2006,16:01)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shintouku @ July 02 2006,21:35)]I have been playing ever since the first game and NEVER liked sentinel. He only has like 4 moves and there all fast and take too much life. Even the most non cheap players are cheap when they use him. And when the new players get there hands on him, its constant sentinel beam through the whole match.
That's exactly why..

You see, he only has one move because he's pretty strong. Giving him more moves would just make him a bigger threat.

We already have too many problems dealing with XSDeath and his cheap Sentinel tactics. Rocket Punch simultaneously, and you could give anyone a run for their money.. =/
ha... XSdeath is easy to beat, just warp and rape sentinal up close

SSJ karma is right
no one uses the jump middle kick (where his foot like spins)
or the middle punch (fast repeted jabbing hand thing)
and his tripping motion is quite good too
his "four moves" are the ones that make him "cheap"
rocket punch and repeated sent beam are what new users do, but that can be easily dodged and countered
and sentinal is soo fat...
Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #22
Zetca

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
Zetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura about

they were design to destroy all mutants....

Zetca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #23
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

of course i'm right about it, i been a sent user ever since it came out during NOTS !
really its players lik eme that makes charcaters better when asked for things...
tmyapp told me i'll get his speed up, and i said, don't... its not th espeed that is th eproblem, its the recovery time. boost it just a bit and make collision box closer when he makes his nmoves. and then tmyapp said you sure of that i said yeah with only those there believe me sentinel will be a heck better then ever. and it did make quite a difference. in the hands of good users, sentinel has became quite better latekly. too bad nobody actually uses his hand-to-hand moves which ar enow pretty darn powerfull. not to mention that the LOW HARD KICK is just a destroyer in himself !

close range kills sent you say, i say come against me, you'll be forced to go back to the other side.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #24
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ July 05 2006,02:33)]of course i'm right about it, i been a sent user ever since it came out during NOTS !
really its players lik eme that makes charcaters better when asked for things...
tmyapp told me i'll get his speed up, and i said, don't... its not th espeed that is th eproblem, its the recovery time. boost it just a bit and make collision box closer when he makes his nmoves. and then tmyapp said you sure of that i said yeah with only those there believe me sentinel will be a heck better then ever. and it did make quite a difference. in the hands of good users, sentinel has became quite better latekly. too bad nobody actually uses his hand-to-hand moves which ar enow pretty darn powerfull. not to mention that the LOW HARD KICK is just a destroyer in himself !

close range kills sent you say, i say come against me, you'll be forced to go back to the other side.
I've played Karma only twice...

And yes, don't get near him.

I recommend that if you're gonna get close, super jump your ass out there VERY quickly.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #25
Nas
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 11
Nas is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent can be owned by Ryu too >.<

- Haze