SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > RaNdOm iNsAnItY

View Poll Results: So, the subject/topic was "war or peace". Who do you think won?
SSJKarma 1 14.29%
DrunkenMasta 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday Rap Battles: Epic Rap Battles of SFO (Week 1) TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 70 09-20-2013 12:42 PM
Sunday Rap Battles: Topic - War or Peace TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 13 11-04-2012 11:45 AM
Sunday Rap Battles: ERBOSFO TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 67 10-19-2012 10:44 PM
Sunday Rap Battles: Topic Battle Poll TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 27 10-10-2012 09:37 PM
Sunday Rap Battles - Topic - Potatoes TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 33 10-02-2012 06:48 PM

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sunday Rap Battles - Topic - War or Peace

Hey. Quite late getting to this, but sadly my inbox only has two sets of verses!

I thought the topic was broad, yet with enough depth to allow us all to spit something deep, from our own perspectives. Looks like time didn't allow...

The verses will be posted below, but first, the rules:

Topical Battle Rules:
Week one, a subject is chosen by the SFO members from a growing list
Participants will send their bars on said subject via PM to the event host
Unlimited bars
First participant to 7 votes wins

Voting:
-Forum members are to vote for the best verses, not their favorite person. No favoritism.
-Voting via poll will equal half a vote (.5)
-Voting via a post, with a decent explanation will equal a full vote (1)
-Participants may vote in other battles but not for themselves. Again, no favoritism.
-Do not troll vote or give spite votes
-Voting begins Sunday/Monday and ends Friday. The participant with the most votes in a given battle wins. (If not up to 7 yet)

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default S-S-J-K-K-K-K-K-(KOMBOBREAKER)-KARMA

Verse as sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma
War and Peace, words of decease.
on the rise never decrease.
government playing us like chess piece.
on an empty board full of secret police.

we should take it to them.
their strategies we should condemn.
judgement injected in their brain stem.
to make them understand peace is a gem.

i see the world a different way.
totally full of kids play.
the future looks grim if we dont sway.
world war making it all grey.

this colorfull blue star.
we shouldn't scar.
its too beautifull to wage war.
we dont need to turn it char.

it way harder to build.
then it is to be killed.
lets try to get filled.
with smart and skilled.

let's not get billed.
with the errors of of the spilled.
we can change and get fullfilled.
as a single world guild.

i know too much temptation.
but to avoid damnation.
this type of affirmation.
will become our salvation.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Default Even intoxicated, 1-hit-KO, he'll still leave your face a disaster, that DrunkenMasta

Verse as sent (with requested alterations to not bypass filter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMasta
Let me see how important you think you are
Your just trying to make a difference/
A person with no confidence/
Looking at this ballet /
playing Russian roulette/
Yeah Nina ****ed and locked/
White America, you have two choices before I unleash this glock/
Peace or mother ****ing war/
Dices rolled, money thrown what do you stand for/
I lived a life where war was bound/
A little kid watching the towers go straight into its burial ground/
Now tell me how the **** we suppose to live in fear/
When you always gotta look in your rear/
Man, we went to war with one man/
Sadly it ain't Bush/
it's the people with the afghan kush/
I don't mean that racial slur/
I'm just trying to see through the blur/
This smoke has caused/
On this once great nation/
Trying to reclaim our reputation/
As a dominant power/
Not anyone's follower/
And I keep looking for peace
Yea you promised it Barack back in 08/
Back when America couldn't stand straight/
Yeah I seen my boys come home
Jay called me the other day sayin' he can't sleep/
As he cried and weeped/
Being knee deep in his mans blood/
The same ***** next door from the hood/
So tell me at what cost does peace come/
A random figure for this nations debt to be over come/
Man he paid his dues and had our back/
And that's why my president is black/
I will support this man through think and thin/
No matter the color of his skin/
Cause we're beyond that/
Mitt, I can't stand to look at/
What your trying to achieve/
Because sir I don't believe/
In what you stand for/
What makes you different from bush/
Please just shush/
Don't answer that/
No need for a repeat, you'll just look tragic/
Because you already stuttered once on that topic/
And as we flash back to the past/
Coming to terms with what has passed
We come back to this notion/
As 2nd term has been put in motion/
That this is 2012 not 2008/
We're not trying to imitate /
Change and Hope is what he said/
Forward is what now lies ahead/
That calm feeling between peace and war/
Total Zen//.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sunday Rap Battles - Topic - War or Peace

I'm assuming more verses will be sent in, so I'll just quote myself and criticize as they come.

SSJKARMA: I like yours. It was vague, simple and very subtle. By reading yours I can tell you are for Peace and not War you make that very clear AFTER stanza 2. Lol The first 2 I thought it was more like "Us versus the Government". Very poetic

DrunkenMasta: Just wow. This was obviously very personal and it hit home. I sensed some rage with your words. MhM Yours was very specific to the United States and obviously the current election. Which I think was good, write about what you know. First line though "Let me see how important you think you are". Not sure who the "YOU" was referring to, I'm guess the US government as a whole or specifically Romney.
War or Peace AKA Romney or Obama. Ahaha.. I love it

Keep them coming

EDIT: My vote goes to DM then

Last edited by `Crystal; 11-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

DM got my vote. I feel like he did a better job telling a story than karma. Karma there wasn't enough
transitional words or prepositions. It just didn't flow.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

It's just these two participating? If so, I should edit my post with my vote.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Yeah im only going to be doing the battles and HRBSFO unless its a beast topic that i can get into.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

it seems people are afraid of topical battles... probably due to their higher demands of word raping they like so much about h2h. also hence why i will never win here... they dont see the words **** and ****s enough. at least seems that way to me.

doesn't matter, at least i participated and i liked trying to get something done for this topic.
it was way better then potatoes.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Karma, 100 times better than Potatoes.

Seriously though, no more entries for this topic? sigh
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 13
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
it seems people are afraid of topical battles... probably due to their higher demands of word raping they like so much about h2h. also hence why i will never win here... they dont see the words **** and ****s enough. at least seems that way to me.

doesn't matter, at least i participated and i liked trying to get something done for this topic.
Problem is we live in a world glorified by materialistic things such as cars, money, and hoes. People tend to forget what really matter when writing. They think insulting one another is the way to be "good". Hence why you see the nonsense that is the current hip-hop game.

However, you did that verse poetic justice. It was very artistic and had a deeper meaning that people here will realize.

You get my vote.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 708
Not On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enough

DrunkenMasta get's my vote, he had a better flow to me.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #12
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

You should probably edit the underlined word in your post to say "Shad0wSlayer", as he's the only person who has stated he's opting out of all topic battles because he doesn't like the subjects.

For everyone else, don't assume. :]

Quote:
Stay safe up there, guys.

Will drop if I have time, will take the loss if I don't.
Will vote later.

Oh, Crystal, I doubt any more are forthcoming. The deadline was Tuesday and I put these up Thursday.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

I've been kinda busy and will post it tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #14
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 39
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Romney GMV.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

I was too busy this week so don't assume i was afraid my potatoes are muy grande!!!

ill edit later with my vote

Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 73
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough
Visit ZeroUnlim's YouTube

Sorry, I was going to get some verses in, but I got caught up with the hurricane, next time though!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

TFist, the word is general enough to not put any names or even push for someone...
if the hat fits them then put t on, if it doesn't, then dont put it... thats all it is.
but you have to admit... you get a lot more people wanting to do H2H then anything else.
prooving even more my theory about them not liking topical due to the lack of yelling and insults at others.

anyway...
thanks for the votes people !
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
TFist, the word is general enough to not put any names or even push for someone...
if the hat fits them then put t on, if it doesn't, then dont put it... thats all it is.
but you have to admit... you get a lot more people wanting to do H2H then anything else.
prooving even more my theory about them not liking topical due to the lack of yelling and insults at others.

anyway...
Actually, if you look at it, a lot of us who participate in this thing, are from the northern east coast of the US. Around the SAME TIME the hurricane hit.
Even if it was H2H OR TOPICAL, it would of been the same outcome this week, not the fact that ppl "dislike" tropical ...
Tropical requires more thinking time than a H2H freestyle-like battle ... Hense why H2H are done more easily ... HOWEVER, those of us who wanted to partake in the tropical of this week, had a life issue of the sort (commonly the hurricane), and had other thoughts at hand.

Careful with the words there, or i'll kill you.

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 11-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I can do topics...Potatoes, peace, and war just don't appeal to me. I'll try to do one before the end of the year.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid, i did realise that... but the reality is... the hurricane didn't last a whole week.
im thinking th ehurricane was just another excuse for not coming in...
but oh well... even the first topical didn't do much...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Liquid, i did realise that... but the reality is... the hurricane didn't last a whole week.
Actually it did. The hurricane was over us from Mon to Thurs. Mon and Tues being the most damage .. It cleared out on Fri.

Perhaps you didn't know the damage that was done ... Massive floods .. Down Trees, Power Outages . No gas, a temp stop on food supplies coming in, No power for up to 2 weeks in certain areas, longer in places... Bro .. Warm climate places like NC and West-VA got Snow ... NC got 3 feet and west-VA got 5 feet ... 40 died in NY and many still missing, 100 died in the US in total off this "C1 Hurricane".
Media don't expose much to you guys in CA, but you need to be HERE to actually feel how it impact us as a whole on the east coast.

I rather get in touch with my love ones and check up on them to do a internet keystyle.
Even after the harm was done, Its a damn mission for me to get to work.
What would you be more focused on?

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 11-02-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Don't comment on something you don't know about. You aren't here. You don't know how it is right now with all the devastation.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

anyway...
That's one way of looking at it, but people will be people. You can't make generalizations about a group of people (especially one as small as those of us who signed up to do topical battles this week) and then expect none of us to take offense.

It's why it's never a good idea to make generalizations in the first place.

Quote:
And now you're heading even further down...stop.

People didn't drop? Unfortunate, but let's move on and stop speculating about why they didn't and why you did. (Especially when everyone who didn't drop has now posted at least once to give you their reason, whether you like or agree with it or not).

Let's drop the subject before this turns into a debate thread or an argument.

Continue voting.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

agreed, but i will stop at this...
this hurricane... wasn't as catastrophic as people all claimed to be.
and that... even the media said it !
and when it comes to internet media... it doesn't matter where you live, you get feedback from the world.

was writting again... i do believe the hurricane wasn't the real problem... i think we'd have been 3-4 at maximum even if the hurricane hadn't come. anyway lets get those votes going now.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #25
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
agreed, but i will stop at this...
this hurricane... wasn't as catastrophic as people all claimed to be.
and that... even the media said it !
and when it comes to internet media... it doesn't matter where you live, you get feedback from the world.

was writting again... i do believe the hurricane wasn't the real problem... i think we'd have been 3-4 at maximum even if the hurricane hadn't come. anyway lets get those votes going now.
When your house gets washed away, you lose your power, there is a shortage food, and your entire city is crippled by severe water damage and your precious computer is gone, then I'm sure you'll learn what catastrophic means otherwise once again don't talk about something you aren't experiencing you ignorant ass.
Closed Thread