SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[OFFICIAL] [ Custom Character Color Contest - 2K14 ] Killer New Features 107 06-09-2015 04:12 PM
Level Design Contest ** VOTING THREAD ** xfaderx Banners, Avatars and Images 29 09-15-2013 09:05 PM
[CONTEST] Level Design Contest xfaderx Banners, Avatars and Images 18 08-28-2013 08:19 PM
[ SFO's Level Design Contest ] TMyApp New Features 341 07-26-2009 05:20 AM

Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube
Default [ SFO's Level Design Contest - 2k14]

Hey guys is that time of the year again. We haven't host this thing in a long time. With Gambit coming out this summer. Why not commerate it with a OFFICIAL "SFO's Level Design Contest - 2k14" alongside OFFICIAL "Custom Character Color Contest - 2k14" thats going on at the moment.

Here's how it works...

You...yes YOU(i.e:anyone) can design the next stage/level which will be added to SFO! Just post your stage/level designs in this thread.... These stage/level designs will then be inspected by SFO Staff to ensure that they meet criteria for SFO's use(i.e: The level/stage you design has to "fit" into the world of SFO (this would normally mean the level has to be taken from, or created from parts of stages found in any of the VS. games, MSH, the Alpha games ... or anything else "Street Fighter" related that is not completely ludicrous ...

If your stage/level designs deemed worthy and we decided to pick your stage upon many other entry, your stage will be added to the game and many of players will get to experience your stage...

But it doesn't stop there ... if you are the winner of the contest, not only will your custom stage be added to the game for others to enjoy, but, you will also have your own EXCLUSIVE stage, and will be owned by you .. ONLY

But, of course there are few ground rules to follow

1.) Your stage has to be a single image in a JPG format not PNG, GIF, etc... with a minimum size of 700 x 400 pixels or maximum of 1000 x 1000. Here is an example.

And here is what that same stage looks like inside the game:

(everyone is welcome to give a "name" their stage ... as long as that name is "appropriate" and "short" ... or it won't fit the tiny box in the char-selection screen)

You can however alter the size of your JPG image/level within reason. The maximum image size should NOT be more than 1000x1000 pixels, but you can vary that as well (for example, your stage can be 1000 pixels in width, and 500 pixels in height). Another thing to note is that your stage should not be too "high" (ie: a height of 500 pixels is plenty ... 1000 would be overkill, because who's going to jump that high to see it? ) and the level should not be too "low" (the stage should have at LEAST 400 pixels in height, or there will be nothing to show/scroll when you super-jump).

The stage that I created above was basically done by combing these 2 pre-existing stages.

and with some little finishing touches wola...

Here are some of the resources that will help you in creating those stage/level. But I recommend you search those resources yourself(google is great place to start). As there will be many people using the same resources and doing similar stage as you and we don't want to see dublicate stage/level design. Although we don't mind seeing different versions of the stage/level as well.

http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...ad.php?t=21574
http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...ad.php?t=24198
http://www.slateman.net/images/gaming/
http://www.zweifuss.ca/backgrounds.htm
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Arcade/i...tFighterAlpha2
http://vgmaps.com/Atlas/Arcade/

The deadline of this contest is supposed to be July 31st @ 11:59pm. But due to the lack of submissions I will postpone the deadline until further notice. So you can still submit them here if you want. That should be plenty of time for those entry. Plus this will give us, Staff enough time to look over the stages and choose the best ones from the bunches. Will be ready by the next UPDATE!

There is no limit to how many stages you can submit. So start cracking on your "winning" entry. Let's see those awesome stage/level design!

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Last edited by estset; 01-09-2015 at 05:52 PM.
estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube
Default Re: [ SFO's Level Design Contest - 2k14]

Let me add a few game stages you can use

KOF XIII Stages
Yatagarasu Stages
Chaos Code Stages
Guilty Gear XX Slash, Melty Blood Actress Again, Arcana Heart(and AH2) and Touhou Hisouten stages

Last edited by Orlando0; 06-05-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Let me add my own Ripped Sprites as well...

Marvel Super Heroes
MSH vs SF
Xm : Cota

Happy Leveling !

Last edited by SSJKarma; 01-05-2015 at 08:11 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Also adding (if they're not already included here), blockattack's LDC sources.

This is pretty ghetto, and likely time-consuming, but it's my LD tutorial.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #5
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

What's an edit button . Lol.

Look forward to seeing the creations !

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 30
Josh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the rough

I noticed this contest is over, and that the level design showcase thread is in the 'non sfo' section, I was wondering if someone could close this contest thread, and move the sfo level design showcase to this section (new features) to replace it. thanks

here is the thread: http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...=21574&page=42

In God's hands.
Josh26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

I'm disappointed by the lack amount of submissions... Feel to post them here in this thread though. I'll postpone the deadline date until further notice.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Last edited by estset; 08-18-2014 at 12:59 AM.
estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #8
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like
Josh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the roughJosh26 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by estset View Post
I'm disappointed by the lack amount of submission... Feel to post them here in this thread though. I'll postpone the deadline date until further notice.
Alright.

Here is some I made within the last month

Boat2

dock at sunset

bamboo stage

nakor stage

tigus stage

silver shade

In God's hands.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #9
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

josh, check your PM's
just for helping out with this u may now find yourself with a very staffy/moddy exclusive color on an SFO character of your choice. check pm's to discuss
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #10
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like
Default darkvillage stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
josh, check your PM's
just for helping out with this u may now find yourself with a very staffy/moddy exclusive color on an SFO character of your choice. check pm's to discuss

Thanks.

Heres another new one I just made.

darkvillage

In God's hands.

Last edited by Josh26; 08-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:59 AM   #11
breathstealer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 115
breathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura about
Visit breathstealer's Facebook Visit breathstealer's Twitter Visit breathstealer's YouTube Visit breathstealer's Last.FM

Hey Josh. Been a long time no talk. I miss you. How have you been? I am doing good since I am in university right now. I bet you remember me.

Bump:

Quote:
Snow is white because it's forgotten what color it's suppose to be.
Quote:
Dream while u can. Cause once it comes true, your nightmare will begins.
breathstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathstealer View Post
Hey Josh. Been a long time no talk. I miss you. How have you been? I am doing good since I am in university right now. I bet you remember me.

Bump:
Hey, we definitely cant use that image as a stage in game, but nice to see you around

Hi!

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
breathstealer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 115
breathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura about
Visit breathstealer's Facebook Visit breathstealer's Twitter Visit breathstealer's YouTube Visit breathstealer's Last.FM

I miss you. Get on SFO!

Quote:
Snow is white because it's forgotten what color it's suppose to be.
Quote:
Dream while u can. Cause once it comes true, your nightmare will begins.
breathstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #14
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tiff, glad to hear from you. I missed you to.

Another stage

lava flow (misty version)

made another version with better blended colors, but one above has a most misty feel..

lava flow

In God's hands.

Last edited by Josh26; 08-30-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

@Josh26 - Updated your user title image, your welcome.

Also, please list your in-game name here for me. As xfaderx did earlier, I will award you with SEVERAL staff only / Tournament colors as soon as you list the account.

Thumbs up on the stages man.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #16
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Someone make a new mission control looking stage

Bump: If you wanna keep it open ill make a stage.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #17
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AlphaRiku- View Post
Someone make a new mission control looking stage

Bump: If you wanna keep it open ill make a stage.
Never closed it.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #18
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
@Josh26 - Updated your user title image, your welcome.

Also, please list your in-game name here for me. As xfaderx did earlier, I will award you with SEVERAL staff only / Tournament colors as soon as you list the account.

Thumbs up on the stages man.
Thanks, appreciate it. As far as the in-game name, (~Samurai081~) with any charactersbut ryu akuma cyc sent, since I already have colors on those characters. Otherwise if it has to be some of those characters then my ~NG~Skillz account. TY~!

Made a new stage, 3 versions

kabuki stage

kabuki stage (fuller color)

kabuki stage (night)

And Riku, if I can find something to work with that looks kind of like what you have in mind I will give it a try.

EDIT:

This is the best I could find from the sprites I collected a few weeks ago. I modified it of course, because a lot of them are from games that dont have super jump.

system stage

system stage (variation)

In God's hands.

Last edited by Josh26; 08-31-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #19
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

@Josh26

Thank you for your activity, where there was none.

(~Samurai081~) & ~NG~Skillz Now contain an assortment of tournament/staff colors.

Keep up the good work.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #20
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Alright ill make one during this week coming, most likely by Wednesday

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
@Josh26

(~Samurai081~) & ~NG~Skillz Now contain an assortment of tournament/staff colors.

Keep up the good work.
didnt get a chance to thank you yet. they are awesome. TY!

Here are some more I just made, including the layers which can be used by anyone.

Old Factory

Spain

Festival

Festival (scary version)

Fire Temple

Fire Temple

and now the sprites

EDIT: I changed the layers above from jpg to png, been a while since I made layers, forgot I had to do this so the background would be transparent.

In God's hands.

Last edited by Josh26; 09-08-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #22
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh26 View Post
Quote:
@Josh26

Keep up the good work.
didnt get a chance to thank you yet. they are awesome. TY!

Here are some more I just made, including the layers which can be used by anyone.

Old Factory

Spain

Festival

Festival (scary version)

Fire Temple

Fire Temple

and now the sprites

EDIT: I changed the layers above from jpg to png, been a while since I made layers, forgot I had to do this so the background would be transparent.
This guy..

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-11-2014, 02:45 AM   #23
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like

one more for now

airport

In God's hands.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #24
Josh26

Post Thanks / Like

Few more stages...

another airport stage

snow tree

snow tree (variation)

trainyard

trainyard (variation)

This Altar stage was already made by someone (I didnt make/edit it), however below it I did make an alternate version, because I dont like the stone in the center.

altar stage

altar stage (variation)

In God's hands.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #25
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

Some very nice stages Josh26. Thumbs up man
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote