SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eminem Still Has it. YoureGonnaLuvMe RaNdOm iNsAnItY 32 04-19-2014 12:59 AM
Eminem LP2 -AlphaRiku- General 16 11-18-2013 07:16 PM
OverRated)&(UnderRated Usurp RaNdOm iNsAnItY 24 08-29-2010 09:33 AM
Three most overrated things in the world. Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 91 06-16-2008 11:33 PM
\=eminem=/ !Naruto! Banners, Avatars and Images 7 10-10-2006 05:39 PM

Old 08-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube
Default Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Yo, I think this is MAD childish and just real booty on the end of jay-z.. I am not one to post news, or whats going on in the world, I hardly care..
I saw this crap though and was like nah man..

Eminem has fallen off from what he used to be.. I admit, but he is by far superior to many rappers.. especially Kanye West.

So.. jay-z says he cant compare to 2-pac, big, himself or kanye? Ok... pac and big are in the hall of fame never to be surpassed ... but... kanye!? Kanye!? Jay is decent himself, and went real hard in his early days, just like Em did..
They both got stale-ish to me..

Em still raps about real things.. His life, and what goes in it.. as he always did. When he was younger, he had more interesting things to rap/rant about. Now that he's older.. Now that his a little more sane and calm, he's calm.. more peaceful .. and speaks about that. Which is still him rapping about his life.. thats never changed.

Jay has fell off to me.. rapping about random ish with kanye producing some of his songs.. it comes off as just insanity..

Even saying Em has fell off and is just standard... ALL TIME... Em outsold him and many others... thats minus his most recent albums..

Im real.. REAL salty at jay for hating like this... And to say the last hot song Em was on was when they did the Renegade song together is just bull..

Im salty..

Edit..

Reading the comments with this article.. the fans are making sense..
Em can acheive what he does because he has both the White AND Black audience.. and has always had that.

Jay.. targets one audience... and only recently is hopping into that *** pop ****... trying to get more groupies.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Last edited by blockattack; 08-14-2014 at 11:28 AM.
blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
LiquidSnake78

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Lyrically, Em can out-bar Jay-Z.
Though both are not within their prime, Em is lyrically over jay-z.

He has a better chance with a nas debate rather than a jay-z debate right now .. And even so, Even Nas himself said that Em can probably out-bar him right now.
He is technically the only one who kept himself relevant, in a lyrical formation, rather than the trending pop formation.

^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Well its jayz that started it, not em..

im salty lol

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Well its jayz that started it, not em..

im salty lol
I never said em started it though. o_O
I feel your pain though. Lol.

^
Old 08-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Yo.. im about to go platinum blonde to support the Em movement.. You in?

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Ima let yall finish....but Kam is the greatest rapper of all time (after pac and big)

*Drops the mic*

*kanye shrugg*

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

Quote:
"Kanye moment if I may…Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his omission. As of this second, he has the highest-selling rap album of the year and a scene-stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year."
—JAY-Z, Letter to MTV after being crowned MTV's "Hottest MC," October 2009

A few years prior to 2009, I recall an interview Jay-Z did in which he stated that Eminem was "a better rapper" than himself, but perhaps it was pure modesty. While Jay-Z is perhaps my most favorite rapper, I'll be the first to admit that lyrically speaking, Eminem is far superior, even during Jay-Z's prime (in the rap game anyway) back in the day. Heh, listen to Renegade from the original The Blueprint album for more information.

Quote:
Jay is decent himself, and went real hard in his early days, just like Em did..
They both got stale-ish to me..
Agreed, and Jay-Z is well aware that this is how people feel about his current music, to which he simply responds with "N****s want my old ****, buy my old albums". Heh.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
Shinkuu

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
Shinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this point

What's wrong with Kanye West? The only album I disagree with is Yeezus, but you're talking BS if you say he's a bad rapper. You've probably never heard of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration, and let's not forget my favorite, 808's and Heartbreak. I agree, his ego at most times can get the best of him, but let's not forget who won 21 Grammy's and numerous awards for each of his albums.

Gambit 2014
Shinkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
What's wrong with Kanye West? The only album I disagree with is Yeezus, but you're talking BS if you say he's a bad rapper. You've probably never heard of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration, and let's not forget my favorite, 808's and Heartbreak. I agree, his ego at most times can get the best of him, but let's not forget who won 21 Grammy's and numerous awards for each of his albums.
Kayne is a artist, yes, not a bad one, no, but not on a lyrical level as Em is.
You bugging if you think so. Lol.
Find a free style where Kayne can do exactly bar for bar with em, and i'll be happy to compare.

"There's levels to this ****".
Kayne aint on that one my dude ... Lol. He's more on a producing scale rather than lyrical.

^
Old 08-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Em is top 5 fosho,but nas is the best rapper second jadakiss and jayz is the one that's overrated he's not even top 10
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
Shinkuu

Post Thanks / Like
Shinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Eminem is definitely in my top 5 no doubt. my top 5 would be:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
5. (you're favorite rapper here)

Gambit 2014
Old 08-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
you put tupac and Em above Big L, Big Pun, Krs1, Jadakiss, Busta Rhymes, and Cassidy?

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Quote:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
you put tupac and Em above Big L, Big Pun, Krs1, Jadakiss, Busta Rhymes, and Cassidy?

You put them over Tupac? the hells wrong with you?
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #14
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Quote:
Quote:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
Don't make me ban you from this thread

Pac > All....

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #15
AlphaBee

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 231
AlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enough

If you all know eminem like we do. He will make a diss record lol.

Compliment by writers :O

AlphaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #16
Shinkuu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
Tupac is the worst rapper of all time. Cassidy, Big L, Big Pun, Krs1, Jadakiss, and Busta Rhymes are all better than HIM!

said no one.EVER.

Gambit 2014
Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Guylly.. Shinkuu..

Go home.. get in the bed.. cover up.. and wake up from your dream lands O_o..

Yall must be from up north..

Need to contact blocky?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
Shinkuu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Guylly.. Shinkuu..

Go home.. get in the bed.. cover up.. and wake up from your dream lands O_o..

Yall must be from up north..
Bruh, please.......you're embarrassing yourself over here.....JK.
but seriously tho, kanye is a great lyricist, but if u dont rank him top 20, its fine.

everything will be all right

Gambit 2014
Old 08-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #19
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Blockattack still think's Shad0wslayers the best rapper.. SMH
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #20
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Vanilla Ice was the greatest of all time!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #21
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

the rap scene... hehehe...
admitedly, its eminem that got me into these songs. before that, i hated rap in its entirety.

eminem had its up and downs, just like everyone elses... but thats what i liked about him, he admitted it instead of throwing the blame on someone else. the other rappers are often going over the top by putting th eblame on others. without realising that even pros have their ups and downs.

this why i preffer eminem more then others.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #22
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Been said Em was the most overrated

Point blank.

Lyrical ahh to each there own. He does have that over Jay.

But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.

Been said this all, Kanye is at the Legendary Table with them all, don't ever try to downplay Ye.

Lyricalness is not the end all, be all of rappers. So don't compare one aspect without comparing them all. The impact Jay and Ye had and still have on Rap culture, Pop culture, The WORLD. Is far more superior than what Em does.

Don't even try and play that, Em good but he easily the Most overrated. Just read Childish Gambi"is last Tweets.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #23
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Never liked Jay Z, Eminem is ok, Kanye just sucks I don't know why people listen to him.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #24
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post

Point blank.

But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.

Been said this all, Kanye is at the Legendary Table with them all, don't ever try to downplay Ye.

Lyricalness is not the end all, be all of rappers. So don't compare one aspect without comparing them all. The impact Jay and Ye had and still have on Rap culture, Pop culture, The WORLD. Is far more superior than what Em does.

Don't even try and play that, Em good but he easily the Most overrated. Just read Childish Gambi"is last Tweets.
Didnt we have this discussion before? .. and didnt I sonned the hell out of you because of that?

You just said ignorant opinions on kanye but deeming em overratted because he is white, is not one?

What do you consider pop? ... first we gotta get the genre right.

Otherwise boy sit down some where. Lol ...

^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 08-14-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #25
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY-Gully View Post
Were talking about lyrical skills not record sells. Remember we live in a generation that worships myle Cyrus. Em white that's why you guys hating don't pay attention to their commercial music listen to their mixtapes smh
Lmao Eminem has mixtapes? Lmao never even knew an Eminem mixtape existed. Link me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post

Point blank.

Didnt we have this discussion before? .. and didnt I sonned the hell out of you because of that?

You just said ignorant opinions on kanye but deeming em overratted because he is white, is not one?

What do you consider pop? ... first we gotta get the genre right.

Otherwise boy sit down some where. Lol ...
Yeah, nope.

They are not Ignorant Opinions. It's truth be told, look at his position in Rap whee he can drop somethIng like YEEZUS and still be at the top with others.

Pop Culture = Popular Culture

Okay...

You are foolish and lying to yourself if you think him being WHITE has nothing todo with his rating. If he was Black (Like I said before) he would not be this big, his lyrics are only acceptable because the majority of music buyers are WHITE and they rather hear a WHITE rapper talk crazy than a Black Rapper talk crazy, same with the Parents.

We live In AMERICA in case you have forgot, where the black man has to Fly to get where the white man can walk.

I don't apologize for any of my comments or post, because "Race" does play a major roll in EVERYTHING in America, and to think that somehow Rap/Pop Culture is excluded is pure ignorant.

Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?

Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.

What is Eminem saying that is changing the world or ever changed the world or pop culture? Don't worry I'll wait, don't get me wrong Em is nice he cool but he is the most overrated rapper. It's not his fault

Last edited by LuXv; 08-14-2014 at 11:50 PM.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote