SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eminem Still Has it. YoureGonnaLuvMe RaNdOm iNsAnItY 32 04-19-2014 12:59 AM
Eminem LP2 -AlphaRiku- General 16 11-18-2013 07:16 PM
OverRated)&(UnderRated Usurp RaNdOm iNsAnItY 24 08-29-2010 09:33 AM
Three most overrated things in the world. Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 91 06-16-2008 11:33 PM
\=eminem=/ !Naruto! Banners, Avatars and Images 7 10-10-2006 05:39 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #26
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

What's shocking about that?

Is it not true? You should know how it is.

They already stole rock now they claiming they a God of Rap. Nah I won't allow it
__________________


LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #27
`Crystal
 
`Crystal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BRONX, NEW YORK
Age: 27
Posts: 1,745
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
Rep Power: 5572
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

They?! Come on dude, how did this become a race thing.. Em have fans world wide.
I don't think him being white has anything to do with his ratings at all. LIKE at all.

I don't think Em is set out to change anything in the world.. he's rapping about his life and what he's going through. If you don't relate to it.. then that's you. z

And what you mean "They already stole rock", We're saying Em is amongst the top 5 rappers of all time. We not saying he invented rap or some ish like that.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #28
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

When they start putting things like "Album Sales" into the equation that has todo with Race.

They keeping using his Album sales as a notion on why he's the greatest.

He's not, he does rap about his life like any rapper does, album sales is a race thing in this day and age. Yeah saying "they" and "stole rock" which is both true might have been on bad taste but Eminem is the most Overrated.

I'm not saying he sucks, I'm not saying he's not real, I don't hate Eminem I don't hate anyone. But Eminem is the most overrated Rapper.

When you can only base it off something like Album sales and how Lyrical he is rather than his Substance or Concept or if he's trying to enlighten or pass on wisdom to people it's all twisted up.

Like I said, I don't hate anyone, but there is no way anything can convince me that Eminem is not overrated. You just can't, Top 5 ahhh maybe, but I know a a lot of people who are overall better than Eminem which could bump him out the Top 5.

He prob is Top 5 to the average listener but he is overrated. I did go to what would seem to be the extreme but what I did and said has already been done.
__________________



Last edited by LuXv; 08-15-2014 at 12:43 AM.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

fanboys in the house, i'm out !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #30
blanka09
 
blanka09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,249
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 103
Rep Power: 6282
blanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Lol.. you know, we all can have different opinions about the same subject without being jackasses right ??

For my own two cents... I wouldn't say Eminem is the most overrated. He's very good. Really good actually... but to say his race has nothing to do with his success is like saying the weather's fine when there's a tornado down the block. I wouldn't go as far as Luxv, but you can't ignore where we live and the world we live in. Everything in life is viewed through the prism of race. It's not what we want... but it's how it is.

Imagine if a black guy rapped about killing or raping his mother ... if he'd get a major following. Like saying.. "Shut up slut, you're causing too much chaos //Just bend over and take it like a slut, OK Ma?" ... yea, it'd be an analysis on the socio economical, education and overall wellness of black people in America Lol (slight exaggeration... just slight). Juxtapose that with Eminem.. in the early 2000's blowing up with My name is... and yea, well you get my point.

As far as the topic goes.. I'm not sure what context JayZ said this in. I wouldn't call him the most overrated rapper though, because he does deserve a lot of the accolades he gets.
blanka09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #31
xfaderx
 
xfaderx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Age: 39
Posts: 4,451
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1660
Rep Power: 7018
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
What is Eminem saying that is changing the world or ever changed the world or pop culture? Don't worry I'll wait, don't get me wrong Em is nice he cool but he is the most overrated rapper. It's not his fault
What has any of the above mentioned rappers said that has changed the world or pop culture ???

last I checked, Kanye is more famous for marrying a fat-ass than his music...
Jay-Z is more famous for marrying Beyonce and having a tussle with her sister than he is for his music...
and Eminem is more famous for being a "white rapper" than he actually is for his music.

Eminem IS an overrated rapper (but of all time, i doubt that...). Jay Z just said this to try and take the focus off the fact that his marriage is about to break up, and wanted to see a different headline in the "entertainment" column for a change. That's all

You can't say someone is better than someone else, simply because everyone has different music tastes, what sounds good to you might sound like monkey hitting a drumkit to me.
__________________
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #32
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Don't believe everything these professional propagandas and liars throw at you.

Listen to New Slaves by Kanye. His wife is not fat, no need to insult another mans whife when you don't even know her, all you know is what the media wants you to see her as. Don't pass judgment on those Thales claims, your better than this. If it's pissing you off then simply stop reading about it.

Fader I didn't kNow you also talked to Jay/BeyoncÚ about thier marriage. They are still together as far as we all know, like I said before don't believe everything you read in magazines and such, they lie for your attention and distract you from the true problems. I can almost guarantee they will not divorce for serval reason which I won't list.

Jay paved the way for a lot of these Rappers for thugging out the industry as a corprorate thug and allowing a new wave of music and style and trends to be acceptable and well noted within the America and ultimately the world. He has 40/40's out in Tokyo lol. He has more so sold out now but that's what he did, he changed Rap and how people view rappers.

He did give water to kids in Niger, always donating and helping out when ever there is a crisis. Wether his intentions are pure or not he has still Done it over and over.

Kanye Changed Rap as well, before him did you see anyone (urban, inner city youths) wearing fitting clothes? Or Jesus pieces or have the confidence to stand up for themselves against the world. Or take so much pride and dedication into his work? His music and the way he produced music changed HipHop culture, now he's changing the fashion industry and changing the world through that as well even though they are trying to marginalize him and label him as just a rapper.

People dying over Air-Yeezys, they value his creation show much he changed the way the world perceives his creations from albums to his marriage to his fashion designs to his concerts/shows to anything he does. He's the most talked about one man right now, up there where even the president mentions him. You can't mention entertainment or music with out talking about Kanye in some way shape or form.
@blanka09 I agree, and like I said. I did take it to the extremes.

- people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)

Like I said before I'm not hating on Eminem he is a good rapper, I applaud everything he is trying todo for Detroit, but saying, acting or even pretending to think race has nothing todo with it and your wrong.
__________________


LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:43 AM   #33
TitaniumFist
 
TitaniumFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 12,469
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
Rep Power: 6156
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

In.



Let's go.

As for Jay-Z, he mostly sounds like he's whining, @blockattack. That and throwing shade. If they were all a bunch of young guns, I'd expect them to take shots at each other. But they're not a couple of kids anymore, and Jay-Z should know better. Respect the man and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.
That's almost as bad as saying the POTUS was elected simply because he was black, and not because voters thought he the best candidate.

Yes, some voters voted for him because he was black, but there have been at least three (off the top of my head) other black candidates who ran for president of the United States. None of them gained the support President (then senator) Obama did.

He won, both times, because he was seen as the best man for the job. By both blacks and whites, and several other minorities. No one can take that away from him based on race, and no one should try.

The two aren't really comparable, one is an entertainer, one is the leader of the free world, but my point stands. While you're right that there are a lot of white consumers that are more comfortable with him precisely because he's white, or his material is less offensive to them (when in reality, it's pretty offensive as a lot of rap is), you can't entirely boil Eminem's success down to race alone. (Like the black candidates before Obama, there were white rappers in the past, none of them come close to his level of success).

When you say he's where he is simply because he's white, well, you kind of ignore everyone that's black that likes his tracks.

What I'm saying is, he actually, really did, break into the rap game in a way that no other white rapper ever has, or likely ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Ignorant opinions on Kanye, the Media trying to Crucify him.
Well, if he knows he's black and realizes he has less room to **** up, he could stop doing stupid stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?
Lyricism isn't everything, but race is? You're picking and choosing which part of the winning formula is most important (his race), while downplaying his ability.

Yes. Race is a factor in his success, but so his ability which all races acknowledge, and love him for.

Quote:
Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.
Kanye, to me (and I don't listen to a lot of rap, don't like a lot of it), is the better showman. He makes a production out of his music. Everything from the beat to the video itself has his showman's signature.

When I watch Eminem videos, I always regret it. Listen to Berserk? Catchy, liked it. Watched the official video? Dear God, my eyes...they burn.

Kanye has a vision that Eminem doesn't have (and an ego Em doesn't have, either...).

Kanye's tracks, to me, lyrically are less complex. Bar for bar. But the overall sound? Smooth as a baby's bottom. (Gold Digger, for instance. Great track. Eminem can't do that any more than Kanye can spit tightly packed insane bars like Em does. But Em is expanding. I'll give him credit for trying to work with other artists and be more versatile, though.)

What makes a great track to a listener? Overall smooth sound and a great video to boot? Music that makes you think or something you can jam to? Music that speaks to you and your life/issues?

They're all talented rappers, with different styles, different sounds. It's flavors of ice-cream. Let people listen to what they want.

How one chooses who the best mainstream artist is (in any genre), though, has to be done somewhat objectively, and an objective data point (whether you like it or not) is sales. The reason why folks buy is subjective (taste level, etc), but you can't discount sales.

While we're at it, there are a host of rap sub-genres, there is underground, etc, and in those places the lyricism often blows mainstream out of the water. They just aren't popular, so no one counts them in lists.

Every other rapper that's been mentioned here so far is mainstream, so sales, automatically, are a factor in why they're mentioned. Sales and popularity.

Here's a better one for you: rap is still incredibly misogynistic and homophobic. It's part of the culture, and it's hard to kill.

Do you know how many guys I've heard crap on Nikki Minaj's talent simply because she's a woman? "I can't listen to women rappers."

Her verse on Monster > Everyone else on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
They already stole rock now they claiming they a God of Rap. Nah I won't allow it
If he wasn't placed where he is, based on sales, you wouldn't care. So, what you're saying is rap is black people's music and a black artist should be rated higher?

What would you say if white folks said "THIS is our ****/music/sport/White House/whatever"?

Come on. There are people making this argument about the Grammy's recognizing What'sHisFace...the guy who was recognized as the best new rapper. Macklemore. There. People are having issues with the fact that he's white.

You people (Yes, YOU PEOPLE. IE: ANY white OR black person who hangs onto something that was once culturally "yours" but has been embraced globally, by all races) aren't helping yourselves. Times change.

Yes, white people in America start out in life with advantages over other races in many respects, but that doesn't take away from their actual achievements, the hard work they put in. Eminem didn't start out with a silver spoon in his mouth, and was as dirt poor as his black friends, neighbors. When you boil people's achievements down to simply race, you're doing them (and the majority of the populace who do recognize them for their abilities) a disservice.

I honestly don't know if Eminem's numbers are inflated by those who only want to listen to white rappers, but I think you need to look at the bigger picture a little. Yes. There is a long history in the music business (and American history in general) of black artists not being recognized for doing the same things (or more) their white counterparts have done, but I think you're looking backwards too. Look forward, too, bro.

Things have come a long way. Look at MJ, Mariah, Whitney, and others' placement on all-time greatest artist lists. (Lists that include sales...)

@blanka09, yeah. Good points, although, Jay-Z still got away with that line in Monster: "rape and pillage a village, women and children"... he still got away with that garbage. Sometimes it does go both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
- people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)

Like I said before I'm not hating on Eminem he is a good rapper, I applaud everything he is trying todo for Detroit, but saying, acting or even pretending to think race has nothing todo with it and your wrong.
If you're going to start listing their non-music related endeavors, you'll have to look into all of them equally. I don't know much about their lives, or the ways they try to reach out, but you're basically padding Kanye and Jay out right now. Unless you're telling me you checked all sources and assure me Eminem hasn't done anything for others in the world.

It's about who is the "best rapper" or who is the most overrated, so I think it was a mistake for you to bring up impact on popular culture, and I know it was a mistake for you to pivot from that to their real world interests and causes.

We're judging their music careers, not their outreach efforts.
__________________
Vote for Your Favorite Dream Goal, and Push that New VIP Character Toward Completion!


Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 08-15-2014 at 03:54 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:55 AM   #34
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 121
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
Rep Power: 5342
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Luxv makes a good point tho but all the black rapper lyrics are almost the same as the rest it's always similar. Em is the only rapper that raps diffrent and dosent talk about the same ish the black rappers talk about because he can't cause he's white but that's what makes his lyrics more interesting cause it's something new but all the rappers talk about the same ish they just word it diffrently if you never heard em's mixtapes then what are you vbading his skills on radio music lmao if you never Hurd any of em's mixtapez then lol
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #35
`Crystal
 
`Crystal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BRONX, NEW YORK
Age: 27
Posts: 1,745
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
Rep Power: 5572
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
In.



Let's go.

As for Jay-Z, he mostly sounds like he's whining, @blockattack. That and throwing shade. If they were all a bunch of young guns, I'd expect them to take shots at each other. But they're not a couple of kids anymore, and Jay-Z should know better. Respect the man and leave it at that.



That's almost as bad as saying the POTUS was elected simply because he was black, and not because voters thought he the best candidate.

Yes, some voters voted for him because he was black, but there have been at least three (off the top of my head) other black candidates who ran for president of the United States. None of them gained the support President (then senator) Obama did.

He won, both times, because he was seen as the best man for the job. By both blacks and whites, and several other minorities. No one can take that away from him based on race, and no one should try.

The two aren't really comparable, one is an entertainer, one is the leader of the free world, but my point stands. While you're right that there are a lot of white consumers that are more comfortable with him precisely because he's white, or his material is less offensive to them (when in reality, it's pretty offensive as a lot of rap is), you can't entirely boil Eminem's success down to race alone. (Like the black candidates before Obama, there were white rappers in the past, none of them come close to his level of success).

When you say he's where he is simply because he's white, well, you kind of ignore everyone that's black that likes his tracks.

What I'm saying is, he actually, really did, break into the rap game in a way that no other white rapper ever has, or likely ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Ignorant opinions on Kanye, the Media trying to Crucify him.
Well, if he knows he's black and realizes he has less room to **** up, he could stop doing stupid stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?
Lyricism isn't everything, but race is? You're picking and choosing which part of the winning formula is most important (his race), while downplaying his ability.

Yes. Race is a factor in his success, but so his ability which all races acknowledge, and love him for.

Quote:
Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.
Kanye, to me (and I don't listen to a lot of rap, don't like a lot of it), is the better showman. He makes a production out of his music. Everything from the beat to the video itself has his showman's signature.

When I watch Eminem videos, I always regret it. Listen to Berserk? Catchy, liked it. Watched the official video? Dear God, my eyes...they burn.

Kanye has a vision that Eminem doesn't have (and an ego Em doesn't have, either...).

Kanye's tracks, to me, lyrically are less complex. Bar for bar. But the overall sound? Smooth as a baby's bottom. (Gold Digger, for instance. Great track. Eminem can't do that any more than Kanye can spit tightly packed insane bars like Em does. But Em is expanding. I'll give him credit for trying to work with other artists and be more versatile, though.)

What makes a great track to a listener? Overall smooth sound and a great video to boot? Music that makes you think or something you can jam to? Music that speaks to you and your life/issues?

They're all talented rappers, with different styles, different sounds. It's flavors of ice-cream. Let people listen to what they want.

How one chooses who the best mainstream artist is (in any genre), though, has to be done somewhat objectively, and an objective data point (whether you like it or not) is sales. The reason why folks buy is subjective (taste level, etc), but you can't discount sales.

While we're at it, there are a host of rap sub-genres, there is underground, etc, and in those places the lyricism often blows mainstream out of the water. They just aren't popular, so no one counts them in lists.

Every other rapper that's been mentioned here so far is mainstream, so sales, automatically, are a factor in why they're mentioned. Sales and popularity.

Here's a better one for you: rap is still incredibly misogynistic and homophobic. It's part of the culture, and it's hard to kill.

Do you know how many guys I've heard crap on Nikki Minaj's talent simply because she's a woman? "I can't listen to women rappers."

Her verse on Monster > Everyone else on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
They already stole rock now they claiming they a God of Rap. Nah I won't allow it
If he wasn't placed where he is, based on sales, you wouldn't care. So, what you're saying is rap is black people's music and a black artist should be rated higher?

What would you say if white folks said "THIS is our ****/music/sport/White House/whatever"?

Come on. There are people making this argument about the Grammy's recognizing What'sHisFace...the guy who was recognized as the best new rapper. Macklemore. There. People are having issues with the fact that he's white.

You people (Yes, YOU PEOPLE. IE: ANY white OR black person who hangs onto something that was once culturally "yours" but has been embraced globally, by all races) aren't helping yourselves. Times change.

Yes, white people in America start out in life with advantages over other races in many respects, but that doesn't take away from their actual achievements, the hard work they put in. Eminem didn't start out with a silver spoon in his mouth, and was as dirt poor as his black friends, neighbors. When you boil people's achievements down to simply race, you're doing them (and the majority of the populace who do recognize them for their abilities) a disservice.

I honestly don't know if Eminem's numbers are inflated by those who only want to listen to white rappers, but I think you need to look at the bigger picture a little. Yes. There is a long history in the music business (and American history in general) of black artists not being recognized for doing the same things (or more) their white counterparts have done, but I think you're looking backwards too. Look forward, too, bro.

Things have come a long way. Look at MJ, Mariah, Whitney, and others' placement on all-time greatest artist lists. (Lists that include sales...)

@blanka09, yeah. Good points, although, Jay-Z still got away with that line in Monster: "rape and pillage a village, women and children"... he still got away with that garbage. Sometimes it does go both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
- people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)

Like I said before I'm not hating on Eminem he is a good rapper, I applaud everything he is trying todo for Detroit, but saying, acting or even pretending to think race has nothing todo with it and your wrong.
If you're going to start listing their non-music related endeavors, you'll have to look into all of them equally. I don't know much about their lives, or the ways they try to reach out, but you're basically padding Kanye and Jay out right now. Unless you're telling me you checked all sources and assure me Eminem hasn't done anything for others in the world.

It's about who is the "best rapper" or who is the most overrated, so I think it was a mistake for you to bring up impact on popular culture, and I know it was a mistake for you to pivot from that to their real world interests and causes.

We're judging their music careers, not their outreach efforts.
I actually read all of this. And I agreed.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #36
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

LMFAO so much respect to you TF for how you entered the thread (the gift and so forth)

But seriously, I did read your whole post and I would like to apologize for my Typos I'm famous for

But I do agree with you, I did bring in something's that are not related to the main discussion and tried to use those things as more leverage.

That part about stealing or taking HipHop was extreme, As for Macklemore winning I have no view on that since I never heard his album.

You are right about HipHop being global and me not looking at the bigger picture. But I do still stand by 100% everything I said.

As for what you "Think" wouldn't that be part of an overall rating?
__________________


LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #37
LiquidSnake78
 
LiquidSnake78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NY
Age: 28
Posts: 3,590
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
Rep Power: 6607
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Lux has a habit if spitting that knowledge that is NOT knowledge.
DO YOUR RESEARCH BOY! Don't even speak of last thread, for the simple fact that you couldn't even back up your own facts then and now also ... Repeating yourself.

Now .. Where do I start ....

Quote:
They are not Ignorant Opinions. It's truth be told, look at his position in Rap whee he can drop somethIng like YEEZUS and still be at the top with others.


That's YOUR ignorant opinions.
YEEZUS have proper promotions, like any other artists whom properly work on their projects. No ?
Kayne still have fans, no doubt, in which I DO NOT deny, but you keep contradicting yourself, stating its not about "Album Sales", but throw a statement involving an artist being on top of the charts, Which is it ?
Are you talking of Album sales via promotions and play time OR actual skills ? Sit down and think for a sec.

Quote:
You are foolish and lying to yourself if you think him being WHITE has nothing todo with his rating. If he was Black (Like I said before) he would not be this big, his lyrics are only acceptable because the majority of music buyers are WHITE and they rather hear a WHITE rapper talk crazy than a Black Rapper talk crazy, same with the Parents.


Race has a small percentage involving it, Yes, but the route YOU ARE going, is that race is a FULL PERCENTAGE in it, which is foolish in your half
I shut you down before, and I'll do it again ...
Em is being categorized as a great lyricist next to NAS (Nas is BLACK). BOTH have an equal amount of fan based. Both throw out crazy statements and word play compare to the lengths Jay and Kanye did.
To be honest, Kanye limits to things in his songs, prior to contradicting himself on interviews on the meanings of what he is trying to get out. (This is real facts, Go look up Charlamaine the God vs Kayne, Kayne didn't know **** he was actually talking about at a point.)

Again, if RACE was the main point, why isn't maclemore up there? Yela-wolf? or any other white rapper listed with Em ? .. Yela Wolf have the EXACT flow as Em, and is not listed with him ... So what you mean kid? Lol

Quote:
We live In AMERICA in case you have forgot, where the black man has to Fly to get where the white man can walk.

Just by this statement alone, Your are a sterotype. You can't accept the fact that a white person can't do things a black person can do, or you feel some type of way about a white person being rated as 1 of the best prior to something a black person is "known for".
Get off that mind set my african brother.

Quote:
I don't apologize for any of my comments or post, because "Race" does play a major roll in EVERYTHING in America, and to think that somehow Rap/Pop Culture is excluded is pure ignorant.

Your ignorant for not knowing the difference in HIP HOP CULTURE, and POP MUSIC.
Can a cross-over happen between the two ? Yes, but 2 different sets. In which is why I am asking you, WHICH are you abiding by ? =/ ....
You have too much mainstream in your head kid.


Quote:
Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?

What rapper DON'T rap like that ? Your using one subject that he raps about, against him, where as ALL artists did the same ?
Son did you not listen to any of his new stuff ? NOT ALL is about killing, in fact, very little is.


Quote:
Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.


Are you stupid? Rap is MAINLY lyrics. Then instrumental, then delivery (presentation)
Very little lyrics is being said now, but now a days, if you don't have a nice hook, your not going to become anything. The instrumentals don't even matter anymore, because everyone is just using the same beat, recycling it, and for the presentation, is some random ass dance.
When you recite a rap song, LYRICS come to mind first.


Quote:
What is Eminem saying that is changing the world or ever changed the world or pop culture? Don't worry I'll wait, don't get me wrong Em is nice he cool but he is the most overrated rapper. It's not his fault


Oh? Stop throwing in POP, then RAP .. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!
What has Jay-Z or Kayne done for hip hop?
I can tell you.
Jay-Z took DEF JAM and ran it into the ground. He purposely cut back artists whom where on the label as long as him, or an icon within it, and pushed their promotion back for HIS OWN WORK. Then allowed half-assed artists in, whom can't either speak a lick of english, talk properly, and promoted them into the industry when not deserved.

Kayne is bouncing around, with a FAILED BUSINESS, because he is being TOO GREEDY! Everyone advise him to start his business small, and let it grow, but he started too damn high and couldn't get the things / profit he needed, and instead of having a PROPER business proposal, he blamed it on the race card. As in "Black people have to kiss up to the white ppl in nike to get a promotion going on". NOOOO you idiot ...

Em owns his own record label, where as he DON'T ASK THE ARTIST TO DUMB DOWN THEIR LYRICS, compare to the executives in DEF JAM who do so, so they wont OUTSHINE JAY-Z. Em has his own SATELLITE radio station, AKA Shade 45, which plays various of hip hop songs. (NOT how main-stream radio do, playing the same 5 songs every hour), JUST DID TOTAL SLAUGHTER RAP BATTLES, in which he is trying to get ACTUAL RAP ARTISTS to test their LYRICAL SKILLS against BATTLE RAPPERS.
Getting the MAIN STREAM who actually have punch lines and word play, to test their skills against the BATTLE RAPPERS.

But yet, your asking what did EM do? Please shut the **** up for ever. Lol ...

Quote:
When they start putting things like "Album Sales" into the equation that has todo with Race.

They keeping using his Album sales as a notion on why he's the greatest.

No we didn't .. LOL. You bought it up, and I told you why and how it happens via proper promotions.
Yes race is a SMALL PART to it, but your crying like its runs ALL.
NO.


Quote:

When you can only base it off something like Album sales and how Lyrical he is rather than his Substance or Concept or if he's trying to enlighten or pass on wisdom to people it's all twisted up.


Reread above. This statement is dumb. Lol.


Quote:
Jay paved the way for a lot of these Rappers for thugging out the industry as a corprorate thug and allowing a new wave of music and style and trends to be acceptable and well noted within the America and ultimately the world. He has 40/40's out in Tokyo lol. He has more so sold out now but that's what he did, he changed Rap and how people view rappers.


Not exactly true.
Yes Jay-Z did bring in new artists, however lost the concept of what it actually is. RAP.
Now a days, confused individuals who are not music heads (such as yourself), can't even tell the difference in which is rap, and which is pop.
If we are talking about the HIP HOP CULTURE (which involves RAPPERS), Jay didn't do nothing prior to that. He CUT BACK on those whom are actually RAPPING.
If your talking about POP, thats different, as in ... Nothing changed. Lol .. A guy who is known is just promoting pop more than anything, and of course, with the heavy fan based, it gets more play. Thats it. He didn't do nothing inspiring prior to that. =/ ... Pop always been POP.


Quote:
Kanye Changed Rap as well, before him did you see anyone (urban, inner city youths) wearing fitting clothes? Or Jesus pieces or have the confidence to stand up for themselves against the world. Or take so much pride and dedication into his work? His music and the way he produced music changed HipHop culture, now he's changing the fashion industry and changing the world through that as well even though they are trying to marginalize him and label him as just a rapper.


You mean he changed the HIP HOP CULTURE .. Not "Rap". That, I will admit, He became a fad, (like anyone else would), with his Kayne shades and what not. Changing the style of clothing is NOT changing the way rappers rap. Probably a new style within the HIP HOP CULTURE, yes, but rap, NO.
Again, KAYNE, as I said earlier, was ALWAYS known for his PRODUCING, rather than LYRICS. His INSTRUMENTALS were incredible, but his LYRICS are not on top as people thought to be. HE is just stating basic stuff that everyone knows.

But we are not talking about clothing ... We are talking about RAP .. MCing. Keep on the subject.

Quote:
People dying over Air-Yeezys, they value his creation show much he changed the way the world perceives his creations from albums to his marriage to his fashion designs to his concerts/shows to anything he does. He's the most talked about one man right now, up there where even the president mentions him. You can't mention entertainment or music with out talking about Kanye in some way shape or form.


... How many people got shot, stabbed, killed over Jordan's ?
The president called him a jackass. I guess thats a honorable way of getting recognized now a days ? ...
Kayne is NOT known for the change he did, but for the idiotic out-bursts he do on stage, that can make or break his career. Its comical, but not an impact on a positive note, as you keep preaching it to be.
Now a days, society is more focused on the negatives than the positives, Such as world star, the amount of fights on there, people getting beat up on camera, shot on camera, stabbed on camera, stupidity and ignorance is what is fueling the generation.
Kanye happens to fit within that. Idk about you, but not a lot of people is wearing his skirts and what not. Probably other "stars", but what change is that when the public is not digging that ?

But let me not get into that, thats a whole different subject .. Idk why you keep branching off from rapping to clothing. but eh .. its more or less proving more of my points.


Quote:
people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)


*face palms* .. So em did nothing ? ...
Yeah .. Go reread above.

You can't always pull the race card.
Its irrevelant ... 50 cent got a more white-based fans than Em himself after he made "In da club", and he's black. o_O

__________________


^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 08-15-2014 at 06:39 AM.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #38
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 121
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
Rep Power: 5342
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

That was deep ^ lol *doesn't post back cause ish was deep*

Last edited by JY-Gully; 08-15-2014 at 07:16 AM.
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #39
Shinkuu
New Member
 
Shinkuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: I'm on a secret island with MJ and Elvis.
Posts: 55
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
Rep Power: 2599
Shinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake78 View Post
Lux has a habit if spitting that knowledge that is NOT knowledge.
DO YOUR RESEARCH BOY! Don't even speak of last thread, for the simple fact that you couldn't even back up your own facts then and now also ... Repeating yourself.

Now .. Where do I start ....



That's YOUR ignorant opinions.
YEEZUS have proper promotions, like any other artists whom properly work on their projects. No ?
Kayne still have fans, no doubt, in which I DO NOT deny, but you keep contradicting yourself, stating its not about "Album Sales", but throw a statement involving an artist being on top of the charts, Which is it ?
Are you talking of Album sales via promotions and play time OR actual skills ? Sit down and think for a sec.

Quote:
You are foolish and lying to yourself if you think him being WHITE has nothing todo with his rating. If he was Black (Like I said before) he would not be this big, his lyrics are only acceptable because the majority of music buyers are WHITE and they rather hear a WHITE rapper talk crazy than a Black Rapper talk crazy, same with the Parents.


Race has a small percentage involving it, Yes, but the route YOU ARE going, is that race is a FULL PERCENTAGE in it, which is foolish in your half
I shut you down before, and I'll do it again ...
Em is being categorized as a great lyricist next to NAS (Nas is BLACK). BOTH have an equal amount of fan based. Both throw out crazy statements and word play compare to the lengths Jay and Kanye did.
To be honest, Kanye limits to things in his songs, prior to contradicting himself on interviews on the meanings of what he is trying to get out. (This is real facts, Go look up Charlamaine the God vs Kayne, Kayne didn't know **** he was actually talking about at a point.)

Again, if RACE was the main point, why isn't maclemore up there? Yela-wolf? or any other white rapper listed with Em ? .. Yela Wolf have the EXACT flow as Em, and is not listed with him ... So what you mean kid? Lol

Quote:
We live In AMERICA in case you have forgot, where the black man has to Fly to get where the white man can walk.

Just by this statement alone, Your are a sterotype. You can't accept the fact that a white person can't do things a black person can do, or you feel some type of way about a white person being rated as 1 of the best prior to something a black person is "known for".
Get off that mind set my african brother.

Quote:
I don't apologize for any of my comments or post, because "Race" does play a major roll in EVERYTHING in America, and to think that somehow Rap/Pop Culture is excluded is pure ignorant.

Your ignorant for not knowing the difference in HIP HOP CULTURE, and POP MUSIC.
Can a cross-over happen between the two ? Yes, but 2 different sets. In which is why I am asking you, WHICH are you abiding by ? =/ ....
You have too much mainstream in your head kid.


Quote:
Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?

What rapper DON'T rap like that ? Your using one subject that he raps about, against him, where as ALL artists did the same ?
Son did you not listen to any of his new stuff ? NOT ALL is about killing, in fact, very little is.


Quote:
Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.


Are you stupid? Rap is MAINLY lyrics. Then instrumental, then delivery (presentation)
Very little lyrics is being said now, but now a days, if you don't have a nice hook, your not going to become anything. The instrumentals don't even matter anymore, because everyone is just using the same beat, recycling it, and for the presentation, is some random ass dance.
When you recite a rap song, LYRICS come to mind first.


Quote:
What is Eminem saying that is changing the world or ever changed the world or pop culture? Don't worry I'll wait, don't get me wrong Em is nice he cool but he is the most overrated rapper. It's not his fault


Oh? Stop throwing in POP, then RAP .. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!
What has Jay-Z or Kayne done for hip hop?
I can tell you.
Jay-Z took DEF JAM and ran it into the ground. He purposely cut back artists whom where on the label as long as him, or an icon within it, and pushed their promotion back for HIS OWN WORK. Then allowed half-assed artists in, whom can't either speak a lick of english, talk properly, and promoted them into the industry when not deserved.

Kayne is bouncing around, with a FAILED BUSINESS, because he is being TOO GREEDY! Everyone advise him to start his business small, and let it grow, but he started too damn high and couldn't get the things / profit he needed, and instead of having a PROPER business proposal, he blamed it on the race card. As in "Black people have to kiss up to the white ppl in nike to get a promotion going on". NOOOO you idiot ...

Em owns his own record label, where as he DON'T ASK THE ARTIST TO DUMB DOWN THEIR LYRICS, compare to the executives in DEF JAM who do so, so they wont OUTSHINE JAY-Z. Em has his own SATELLITE radio station, AKA Shade 45, which plays various of hip hop songs. (NOT how main-stream radio do, playing the same 5 songs every hour), JUST DID TOTAL SLAUGHTER RAP BATTLES, in which he is trying to get ACTUAL RAP ARTISTS to test their LYRICAL SKILLS against BATTLE RAPPERS.
Getting the MAIN STREAM who actually have punch lines and word play, to test their skills against the BATTLE RAPPERS.

But yet, your asking what did EM do? Please shut the **** up for ever. Lol ...

Quote:
When they start putting things like "Album Sales" into the equation that has todo with Race.

They keeping using his Album sales as a notion on why he's the greatest.

No we didn't .. LOL. You bought it up, and I told you why and how it happens via proper promotions.
Yes race is a SMALL PART to it, but your crying like its runs ALL.
NO.


Quote:

When you can only base it off something like Album sales and how Lyrical he is rather than his Substance or Concept or if he's trying to enlighten or pass on wisdom to people it's all twisted up.


Reread above. This statement is dumb. Lol.


Quote:
Jay paved the way for a lot of these Rappers for thugging out the industry as a corprorate thug and allowing a new wave of music and style and trends to be acceptable and well noted within the America and ultimately the world. He has 40/40's out in Tokyo lol. He has more so sold out now but that's what he did, he changed Rap and how people view rappers.


Not exactly true.
Yes Jay-Z did bring in new artists, however lost the concept of what it actually is. RAP.
Now a days, confused individuals who are not music heads (such as yourself), can't even tell the difference in which is rap, and which is pop.
If we are talking about the HIP HOP CULTURE (which involves RAPPERS), Jay didn't do nothing prior to that. He CUT BACK on those whom are actually RAPPING.
If your talking about POP, thats different, as in ... Nothing changed. Lol .. A guy who is known is just promoting pop more than anything, and of course, with the heavy fan based, it gets more play. Thats it. He didn't do nothing inspiring prior to that. =/ ... Pop always been POP.


Quote:
Kanye Changed Rap as well, before him did you see anyone (urban, inner city youths) wearing fitting clothes? Or Jesus pieces or have the confidence to stand up for themselves against the world. Or take so much pride and dedication into his work? His music and the way he produced music changed HipHop culture, now he's changing the fashion industry and changing the world through that as well even though they are trying to marginalize him and label him as just a rapper.


You mean he changed the HIP HOP CULTURE .. Not "Rap". That, I will admit, He became a fad, (like anyone else would), with his Kayne shades and what not. Changing the style of clothing is NOT changing the way rappers rap. Probably a new style within the HIP HOP CULTURE, yes, but rap, NO.
Again, KAYNE, as I said earlier, was ALWAYS known for his PRODUCING, rather than LYRICS. His INSTRUMENTALS were incredible, but his LYRICS are not on top as people thought to be. HE is just stating basic stuff that everyone knows.

But we are not talking about clothing ... We are talking about RAP .. MCing. Keep on the subject.

Quote:
People dying over Air-Yeezys, they value his creation show much he changed the way the world perceives his creations from albums to his marriage to his fashion designs to his concerts/shows to anything he does. He's the most talked about one man right now, up there where even the president mentions him. You can't mention entertainment or music with out talking about Kanye in some way shape or form.


... How many people got shot, stabbed, killed over Jordan's ?
The president called him a jackass. I guess thats a honorable way of getting recognized now a days ? ...
Kayne is NOT known for the change he did, but for the idiotic out-bursts he do on stage, that can make or break his career. Its comical, but not an impact on a positive note, as you keep preaching it to be.
Now a days, society is more focused on the negatives than the positives, Such as world star, the amount of fights on there, people getting beat up on camera, shot on camera, stabbed on camera, stupidity and ignorance is what is fueling the generation.
Kanye happens to fit within that. Idk about you, but not a lot of people is wearing his skirts and what not. Probably other "stars", but what change is that when the public is not digging that ?

But let me not get into that, thats a whole different subject .. Idk why you keep branching off from rapping to clothing. but eh .. its more or less proving more of my points.


Quote:
people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)


*face palms* .. So em did nothing ? ...
Yeah .. Go reread above.

You can't always pull the race card.
Its irrevelant ... 50 cent got a more white-based fans than Em himself after he made "In da club", and he's black. o_O

Now this guy knows what he's talking about. Probably the only person who actually made sense in debating.
__________________


Gambit 2014
Shinkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #40
Sir Nash
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada
Posts: 574
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Rep Power: 3404
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Ahhh man... why ya'll ganging up LuXv like that... hahahaha

(and I disagree with Jay Z's opinion. In my personal opinion, Eminem is not overrated at all)

Last edited by Sir Nash; 08-15-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #41
blockattack
 
blockattack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisiana
Age: 30
Posts: 10,555
Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
Rep Power: 7228
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
In.



Let's go.

As for Jay-Z, he mostly sounds like he's whining, @blockattack. That and throwing shade. If they were all a bunch of young guns, I'd expect them to take shots at each other. But they're not a couple of kids anymore, and Jay-Z should know better. Respect the man and leave it at that.



That's almost as bad as saying the POTUS was elected simply because he was black, and not because voters thought he the best candidate.

Yes, some voters voted for him because he was black, but there have been at least three (off the top of my head) other black candidates who ran for president of the United States. None of them gained the support President (then senator) Obama did.

He won, both times, because he was seen as the best man for the job. By both blacks and whites, and several other minorities. No one can take that away from him based on race, and no one should try.

The two aren't really comparable, one is an entertainer, one is the leader of the free world, but my point stands. While you're right that there are a lot of white consumers that are more comfortable with him precisely because he's white, or his material is less offensive to them (when in reality, it's pretty offensive as a lot of rap is), you can't entirely boil Eminem's success down to race alone. (Like the black candidates before Obama, there were white rappers in the past, none of them come close to his level of success).

When you say he's where he is simply because he's white, well, you kind of ignore everyone that's black that likes his tracks.

What I'm saying is, he actually, really did, break into the rap game in a way that no other white rapper ever has, or likely ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Ignorant opinions on Kanye, the Media trying to Crucify him.
Well, if he knows he's black and realizes he has less room to **** up, he could stop doing stupid stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?
Lyricism isn't everything, but race is? You're picking and choosing which part of the winning formula is most important (his race), while downplaying his ability.

Yes. Race is a factor in his success, but so his ability which all races acknowledge, and love him for.

Quote:
Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.
Kanye, to me (and I don't listen to a lot of rap, don't like a lot of it), is the better showman. He makes a production out of his music. Everything from the beat to the video itself has his showman's signature.

When I watch Eminem videos, I always regret it. Listen to Berserk? Catchy, liked it. Watched the official video? Dear God, my eyes...they burn.

Kanye has a vision that Eminem doesn't have (and an ego Em doesn't have, either...).

Kanye's tracks, to me, lyrically are less complex. Bar for bar. But the overall sound? Smooth as a baby's bottom. (Gold Digger, for instance. Great track. Eminem can't do that any more than Kanye can spit tightly packed insane bars like Em does. But Em is expanding. I'll give him credit for trying to work with other artists and be more versatile, though.)

What makes a great track to a listener? Overall smooth sound and a great video to boot? Music that makes you think or something you can jam to? Music that speaks to you and your life/issues?

They're all talented rappers, with different styles, different sounds. It's flavors of ice-cream. Let people listen to what they want.

How one chooses who the best mainstream artist is (in any genre), though, has to be done somewhat objectively, and an objective data point (whether you like it or not) is sales. The reason why folks buy is subjective (taste level, etc), but you can't discount sales.

While we're at it, there are a host of rap sub-genres, there is underground, etc, and in those places the lyricism often blows mainstream out of the water. They just aren't popular, so no one counts them in lists.

Every other rapper that's been mentioned here so far is mainstream, so sales, automatically, are a factor in why they're mentioned. Sales and popularity.

Here's a better one for you: rap is still incredibly misogynistic and homophobic. It's part of the culture, and it's hard to kill.

Do you know how many guys I've heard crap on Nikki Minaj's talent simply because she's a woman? "I can't listen to women rappers."

Her verse on Monster > Everyone else on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
They already stole rock now they claiming they a God of Rap. Nah I won't allow it
If he wasn't placed where he is, based on sales, you wouldn't care. So, what you're saying is rap is black people's music and a black artist should be rated higher?

What would you say if white folks said "THIS is our ****/music/sport/White House/whatever"?

Come on. There are people making this argument about the Grammy's recognizing What'sHisFace...the guy who was recognized as the best new rapper. Macklemore. There. People are having issues with the fact that he's white.

You people (Yes, YOU PEOPLE. IE: ANY white OR black person who hangs onto something that was once culturally "yours" but has been embraced globally, by all races) aren't helping yourselves. Times change.

Yes, white people in America start out in life with advantages over other races in many respects, but that doesn't take away from their actual achievements, the hard work they put in. Eminem didn't start out with a silver spoon in his mouth, and was as dirt poor as his black friends, neighbors. When you boil people's achievements down to simply race, you're doing them (and the majority of the populace who do recognize them for their abilities) a disservice.

I honestly don't know if Eminem's numbers are inflated by those who only want to listen to white rappers, but I think you need to look at the bigger picture a little. Yes. There is a long history in the music business (and American history in general) of black artists not being recognized for doing the same things (or more) their white counterparts have done, but I think you're looking backwards too. Look forward, too, bro.

Things have come a long way. Look at MJ, Mariah, Whitney, and others' placement on all-time greatest artist lists. (Lists that include sales...)

@blanka09, yeah. Good points, although, Jay-Z still got away with that line in Monster: "rape and pillage a village, women and children"... he still got away with that garbage. Sometimes it does go both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
- people in this thread and the last thread we had this discussion was basing Eminema greatness or why he's better based on Album sales which is wrong. Throw away album sales and all Eminem is, is a really good white rapper. Take away his Race and he's just a really good rapper.

Take away Kanyes race and sales and he's more than just a really good rapper, fashion designer, producer, visual artist.

Take away Hovs salEs and Race and he's more than just a really good rapper, he's a business man a mogul, entrapanure (think I spelt it right lol)

Like I said before I'm not hating on Eminem he is a good rapper, I applaud everything he is trying todo for Detroit, but saying, acting or even pretending to think race has nothing todo with it and your wrong.
If you're going to start listing their non-music related endeavors, you'll have to look into all of them equally. I don't know much about their lives, or the ways they try to reach out, but you're basically padding Kanye and Jay out right now. Unless you're telling me you checked all sources and assure me Eminem hasn't done anything for others in the world.

It's about who is the "best rapper" or who is the most overrated, so I think it was a mistake for you to bring up impact on popular culture, and I know it was a mistake for you to pivot from that to their real world interests and causes.

We're judging their music careers, not their outreach efforts.
First good thread I've started in quite some time... I must say

Thumbs up Fist.

End of the day, Im just a Em fan boy.. jaz z went hard at a point.. but lord.. dont be salty jay.. I like this thread.
*follows*

By the way - Dont think that being a staff member means you can insult other staff members .. I'll ban you all in an instant
__________________
Click Here to Vote for the Zangief Dream Goal.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com


blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #42
`Crystal
 
`Crystal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BRONX, NEW YORK
Age: 27
Posts: 1,745
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
Rep Power: 5572
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.


Come on! Em is just too good.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #43
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

In respond to Liquidsnake (I don't want to quote a quote of a quote)

Pop Culture = Popular Culture

I'm never talking about Charts, I'm talking about YEEZUS position in the Culture. YeUS WAS HIS WORSE SELLING ALBUM and had little to NO promotion.

Macklemore hasn't been in the Game as long as Em plus he made a song about being *** or what ever it was, TF already pointed out this culture is Homophobic so of course Macklamore would not get those accolades. As for Yelawolf he's not mainstream point blank.

Lmao saying Kanye didn't change Rap? Where would Rap/HipHop be without Kanye? Please let me Know. It was a kilt and just because people here in America don't wear those doesn't mean people in Te UK and other places don't. He changed his style to adapt to where ever he was.

Race is not a SMALL PART. You know how many Artist have had more promotion than Em and still didn't get those numbers based of Promotion? Smh

LS how about you go read what Popular Culture is, it's ANYTHING THAT IS MAIN STREAM. Go look it up instead of thinking you know what it is exactly.

They are not ganging up on me, blank and TF already explained this. LS ain't really say anything new.like I so Album sales are a race thing, Take away album sales and what do you have? A dude who talks about murdering and killing his mother and screaming on tracks? And that is the GOAT? Nah

He simply can't be the best, he's a good rapper but he is not a great rapper. Y'all was probably amazed at Rap God since he said so much BS unqoutable none sense in a fast pace with different flows, on a generic beat.

But y'all won't go around and listen to Twista who could do the exact same thing, cause if Ems claim to his greatness is off his Ability than he is BEHIND A LOT OF RAPPERS WHO HAVENT HAD THE SAME SUCCESS THAT HE HAS.

Rakim, KRS One, DMX, Nas, Lupe etc. the list goes on. If Em wasn't famous for having such large record sales he would be way below those guys on the Todem pole.

In response to Block&Attack

I'm not sure whom specifically your talking about for insulting another staff member. I'm guessing it was karma saying the fan boys are here? Or...?
__________________



Last edited by LuXv; 08-15-2014 at 02:48 PM.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #44
Shinkuu
New Member
 
Shinkuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: I'm on a secret island with MJ and Elvis.
Posts: 55
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
Rep Power: 2599
Shinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Come on! Em is just too good.
You just provoked me to do so, so sorry if I go too hard.









Please, before you base Eminem off of one song, go and listen to his other albums. It's people like you who just make me want to crawl into a dark corner and cry helplessly. "Come on! Em is just too good." Please(pretty please), be more descriptive. He isn't just too good, and tell me, who would you compare to Eminem as just too good? In fact, you shouldn't have even posted in this thread(seriously) because you know someone would come out and attack your "opinion"? Is that it? Least ways, all I'm advising you to do is pick up an album of Eminem, particularly "The Eminem Show", because that's one of his best classic albums. Until you actually base his rap skills off his whole album collection and not off one song, I bid you farewell, young blood.
__________________


Gambit 2014

Last edited by LuXv; 08-15-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Shinkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #45
`Crystal
 
`Crystal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BRONX, NEW YORK
Age: 27
Posts: 1,745
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
Rep Power: 5572
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.

Last edited by `Crystal; 08-15-2014 at 03:07 PM.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #46
Shinkuu
New Member
 
Shinkuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: I'm on a secret island with MJ and Elvis.
Posts: 55
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
Rep Power: 2599
Shinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this pointShinkuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.
I didn't mean to attack you, and I wanted to see if you weren't just some random person who doesn't know about albums before judging a person, but apparently I am the false one here. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.
I didn't mean to attack you, and I wanted to see if you weren't just some random person who doesn't know about albums before judging a person, but apparently I am the false one here. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.
I didn't mean to attack you, and I wanted to see if you weren't just some random person who doesn't know about albums before judging a person, but apparently I am the false one here. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.
I didn't mean to attack you(or criticize you for your actions), and I wanted to see if you weren't just some random person who doesn't know about albums before judging a person, but apparently I am the false one here. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
Lol, @Shinkuu I love how fired up you got. RapGod was already referenced in this thread all I did was posted the video. I've listened to his older albums. I have Recovery.. Relapse and Encore and some singles from the first Marshall Mathers LP.

This thread is about how Jay Z stated Eminem is overrated... Rapgod is from his most recent album, why will I post his old stuff if we're talking about him being overrated today?

You did not go hard at all. But do try and relax. I don't care if anyone attack anything I say.. I welcome it.

Oh and to add to his recent album I also love Headlights.. this album isnt like his old stuff.. and I still like it.. I love his lyrics... the only person I can compare him to..would be to Jay Z ..since this is what the thread is about.
I didn't mean to attack you(or criticize you for your actions), and I wanted to see if you weren't just some random person who doesn't know about albums before judging a person, but apparently I am the false one here. My apologies.
__________________


Gambit 2014

Last edited by blockattack; 08-15-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Shinkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #47
LiquidSnake78
 
LiquidSnake78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NY
Age: 28
Posts: 3,590
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
Rep Power: 6607
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Lux, you can't even define the reason why Em is overrated, but only the "race" situation. So do me that favor, how about you look up any extensive reason on why you consider him overrated, rather than him being "white".

Now .. For one thing, for a kid who "records" can't tell the difference within the genres, but yet tells me to look up something.
POP music is an alternative way of ROCK AND ROLL, or can be considered DANCE MUSIC, Giving a jazzy mix with folk as well. RAP is NOT CONSIDERED POP MUSIC, so for you to try to keep cross-breeding your argument is making your solution and out come as stupid as the next person who think Bobby Shhmurda is a lyrical beast.

So before you attempt to direct your argument at me, first find out WHICH GENRE you are relating to? Because we technically are NOT on that same page.

POPULAR MUSIC do NOT MEAN the MUSIC THATS POPULAR TODAY ... LOL ....

Quote:
Lmao saying Kanye didn't change Rap? Where would Rap/HipHop be without Kanye? Please let me Know. It was a kilt and just because people here in America don't wear those doesn't mean people in Te UK and other places don't. He changed his style to adapt to where ever he was.
Your a smart man, maybe you can figure this out.
Kayne has ONLY changed the way producers PRODUCE music. NOTHING LYRICALLY .. He is just as basic as the average ARTIST. The LAST song that he made that was an actual IMPACT of CHANGE, was "JESUS WALKS".
Correct me if I am wrong ? I'm not talking about a failed clothing line that he is trying to promote or create, im talking music wise. EVERYTHING is basic LYRICALLY, but PRODUCING wise, he changed A LOT.
I didn't say he DIDN'T change rap. Just not in the formation that YOU are preaching.


Quote:
Race is not a SMALL PART. You know how many Artist have had more promotion than Em and still didn't get those numbers based of Promotion? Smh
Prove that. I swear I can prove you EXTREMELY wrong on this part. Start names, albums, years and release dates, other wise, you talking out your ass my dude.

Quote:
LS how about you go read what Popular Culture is, it's ANYTHING THAT IS MAIN STREAM. Go look it up instead of thinking you know what it is exactly.
No, its not.
MAIN STREAM is not even a genre dude .. Main stream is commercialized music.
EVERY genre has a main-stream part, as well as a local, or underground. POP does NOT contribute to "All this is main stream" ...

Choose your words wisely. Pop "CULTURE", in its entirely is not what we are talking about.



Quote:
LS ain't really say anything new.like I so Album sales are a race thing, Take away album sales and what do you have? A dude who talks about murdering and killing his mother and screaming on tracks? And that is the GOAT? Nah
I love this site because its kids like you who swear something was said when it wasn't .. All the time.
WHERE did I say he was a G.O.A.T ?
I'm not trying to go into album sales, but YOU keep bringing it up for what ever reason.
I said LYRICAL, but if you want to go into ALBUM sales, thats a WHOLE NOTHER subject.
LYRICALLY .. Not SALES.

Do you WANT to get into sales ? We can start that debate too. Otherwise, LYRICALLY. You keep bringing up "Killing of his mother"
Please provide that. Lets compare it now, since you keep getting technical.
What is Kanye saying in his lyrics that every other artist is NOT saying ?
When was the last time Kanye did a LYRICAL freestyle of notice ?
The last time someone can recite a Kanye verse because of the metaphors he used ?

What your doing now is a fan-boy move rather than actual knowledge.


Quote:
He simply can't be the best, he's a good rapper but he is not a great rapper. Y'all was probably amazed at Rap God since he said so much BS unqoutable none sense in a fast pace with different flows, on a generic beat.

But y'all won't go around and listen to Twista who could do the exact same thing, cause if Ems claim to his greatness is off his Ability than he is BEHIND A LOT OF RAPPERS WHO HAVENT HAD THE SAME SUCCESS THAT HE HAS.
Actually, No, I wasn't that surprised about Rap God. Actually its not one of his best works.
Did I say that Rap God was beast ? Please quote me where I said "Did you not hear rap god ? "
If you want to pull song names, we can do that.

And is twista relevant right now ?
Since you want to constantly bring up promotions, is he "promoting" ANYTHING right now ?
Otherwise, your irrelevant as your post.


Quote:
Rakim, KRS One, DMX, Nas, Lupe etc. the list goes on. If Em wasn't famous for having such large record sales he would be way below those guys on the Todem pole.
How you talk about DMX, but complain about Em "Killing his mom", when DMX, about 70% of his albums is about shooting and killing a dude ?
Are you serious?
Speaking of X, another reason why I say race don't matter, PLEASSEEE go look up DMX's fan based. Its 70% white people at the moment.
IF em was to not become famous, he probably would of been a battle rapper of the sort. Proven fact, or a lyrical underground rapper not within the main stream.
Pleaseee don't come in here like you know everything you spew out your little fingers dude.
__________________


^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 08-15-2014 at 05:12 PM.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #48
LuXv
 
LuXv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL + LA
Posts: 6,472
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
Rep Power: 4997
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

true, you never said Em was the GOAT, just like I never said Pop Music.

POPULAR CULTURE NOT POP MUSIC

Popular culture is the entirety of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes,[1] images, and other phenomena that are within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid 20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century. Heavily influenced by mass media, this collection of ideas permeates the everyday lives of the society.

Popular culture is often viewed as being trivial and "dumbed down" in order to find consensual acceptance throughout the mainstream. As a result, it comes under heavy criticism from various non-mainstream sources (most notably religious groups and countercultural groups) which deem it superficial, consumerist, sensationalist, and corrupted.[2][3][4][5][6]

now that we got that out of the way, Twista is promoting his new album, actually, Kanye Changed the Game and Rap. Period, lol Rap is not just lyrical its the whole thing, the lyrics, the beat, the substance. If thats the case it would all be acapella. So him changing production is an aspect of rap, therefore he changed Rap.

Race is a small part you say? Hopsin basically the black version of Eminem, aint ever gone sell recors like him. Hopsin promotes his ass off, FunkVolume, Internet Buzz, Videos, World tours and such. Yet yall aint hear him.

Lol LS, what is your point here? You no matter what you say you cant pursued me, or son me on this, when i dont believe you. There is nothing you can say or try to prove that will make me change my mind.

Eminem is overrated based soley on the bases people give him the ratings on (Album Sales, Race) (the most overated to me)
His record sales relied greatly because of his race
He is a good lyricist
He lacks substance in the majority of his songs
He gets away with vulgar Lyrics in Pop Culture that others or noone else would get away with

thats what I know, and thats what I stand by. I have nothing else to say to you LS, I said my peace and i dont need this war.
__________________


LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #49
xfaderx
 
xfaderx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Age: 39
Posts: 4,451
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1660
Rep Power: 7018
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

negative rep for everyone in this thread for writing walls of text...
__________________
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #50
LiquidSnake78
 
LiquidSnake78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NY
Age: 28
Posts: 3,590
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
Rep Power: 6607
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
true, you never said Em was the GOAT, just like I never said Pop Music.

POPULAR CULTURE NOT POP MUSIC

Popular culture is the entirety of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes,[1] images, and other phenomena that are within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid 20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century. Heavily influenced by mass media, this collection of ideas permeates the everyday lives of the society.

Popular culture is often viewed as being trivial and "dumbed down" in order to find consensual acceptance throughout the mainstream. As a result, it comes under heavy criticism from various non-mainstream sources (most notably religious groups and countercultural groups) which deem it superficial, consumerist, sensationalist, and corrupted.[2][3][4][5][6]

now that we got that out of the way, Twista is promoting his new album, actually, Kanye Changed the Game and Rap. Period, lol Rap is not just lyrical its the whole thing, the lyrics, the beat, the substance. If thats the case it would all be acapella. So him changing production is an aspect of rap, therefore he changed Rap.

Race is a small part you say? Hopsin basically the black version of Eminem, aint ever gone sell recors like him. Hopsin promotes his ass off, FunkVolume, Internet Buzz, Videos, World tours and such. Yet yall aint hear him.

Lol LS, what is your point here? You no matter what you say you cant pursued me, or son me on this, when i dont believe you. There is nothing you can say or try to prove that will make me change my mind.

Eminem is overrated based soley on the bases people give him the ratings on (Album Sales, Race) (the most overated to me)
His record sales relied greatly because of his race
He is a good lyricist
He lacks substance in the majority of his songs
He gets away with vulgar Lyrics in Pop Culture that others or noone else would get away with

thats what I know, and thats what I stand by. I have nothing else to say to you LS, I said my peace and i dont need this war.
Tch. So you pulled a "thats my opinion and you cant change it" move.

Lol. You just lost mad points in my view for that. But whatever. Agreed to disagree.

You have yet to prove your points. Yet cycle everything without knowledge or reasons.

Its why I cant talk music with non opened minded fan boys. I respect it though.
__________________


^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump



Bookmarks

Tags
eminem, jayz, overrated, rapper, time

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi