SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street Fighter Online (My Say) CiaraSpareNo1 General Comments & Strategies 16 08-23-2011 05:10 PM
New to street fighter online BLUE-TOOTH General Comments & Strategies 20 06-23-2006 03:51 PM

Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
EvilAkuma

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube
Default X-men vs Street Fighter (Street Fighter Online)

The history of X-men vs Street Fighter (Street Fighter Online): History of my journey.

I remember when I was only 14 years old and during the time era. AOL was my ISP. Dial-up was the **** back in 2001 and I was amazed with the 56k speed. I remember downloading Broodwar to my computer and trying to play online. It was an awesome experience, but how did I stomp upon this community?

Well, my brother was doing a fighting game search. We stomp upon a game called Little Fighter 2.. I love the Ice character..He was an awesome character. But, we didn't stop there. My brother was searching for cheat codes to unlock characters for Street Fighter Alpha 3 because we wanted to get Evil Ryu down the road after playing Little Fighter 2. With the word "Street Fighter" as a keyword. X-men vs "Street Fighter" popped up and it was a flash site. Where developers would submit their games to the website. I forgot the name of it, but we saw an image of X-men vs Street Fighter (Cyclops going against Ryu) and I remember playing the game at the arcade a long time ago (where this guy destroyed me with Storm and I was using Ryu/Ken).

So, we played the web version and I remember that it would take hours to download the game before we can even play it. But, with AOL. It saved Cookies, Cache and other information. So, when it comes to playing the following day. It will boot up right away without the load. I remember playing good players like LiquidSnake, Resident_Evil, Pegasus88 (gave me his VIP), KKS, Mastaq, my lovebird (Penzel) and many many more.

I remember back in the old days during clan prime. Penzel, Apathy, Jester vs me. We'll always get into an argument and what not. We were like the NWO and X-Generation back in the old days. We'll cause a scene and tag team later on and kick player's ass online. Create clan wars when it was really active. Back in the old days, there wasn't much of a clan jumper. They stick with their homies or with their girls; hot~chick, jade, was two excellent players during the old time.

Despise the situation between Nferno666 and TMyApp... I love them as a part of the family. Whether we go through bad situation (me causing problems; unlocking my account, unbanning them, etc). I respect them a lot. Along with Blanka, KKS, Viper (my homie; hope to see you again), Assole (my bitch; we need to actually hang out mother f'er!).

A lot of things went down since 2001...From 0 VIP to 5k+ (not including the multiple account users would have. I remember having 4 VIP for me, different username). We would put our VIP on the line because back then...We didn't care about someone having our account till 2004 or so. When, it started to get a bit infested with new players. I remember trying to talk to the BOT and trying to see if would kick players or me time to time. We didn't have these game vindicator, rage factor, etc.

11 years SFO and you're still part of my life. Without X-men vs Street Fighter...I don't think I'll be playing other fighting games because XvsSF started me off to play cross-over games for cross over and play emulator and what not.

SFO forever.

Shout out to:
Penzel69
Apathy
Jester
KKS
LiquidSnake
Asshole
Pip
WhiteTigerClaw
SBYRD
Mastaq
Digital~Fighter
Tony
Profess0r
TarkanX
Viper
LigerZero
Roll
Elena
Pegasus
NoSoul4Evr
VIP
DJERic
Blanka09
Jake
Ak47hard
ABA
Tsunami
RIP SKSKSK (miss you bro)
Wofeh
Xavierrrrrrrrrr.
Carmonaaaa
Blazer
Metal_Ken : my student
Crazy Ryu
Duce is back
Baiken
Chelsey
TekkenKyo
Dominicankid98 (forgot his other username)

and a lot more..

Happy Birthday, Street Fighter

-`EvilAkuma`
EvilAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: X-men vs Street Fighter (Street Fighter Online)

Happy Bday SFO Indeed. I remember like every single one of those names too.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Happy Bday SFO Indeed. I remember like every single one of those names too.
I have more and trying to recall their name.

Virtual Fighter
KingRyu- Used to pick on him before picking on Karma.
Bloodback
Dark Magic X
Dan Habiki
iTALY
Morpheous
Marvel911
Sportschick
SolidSnake76
Tidus2k2
Venture
Wave Master

These name are the prime time that got me motivated to fighting games. From there, some of us transition to actual fighting game and got into X-men vs Street Fighter (emu), Marvel vs Capcom, 3rd Strike and other games. Some of them inspired me into art-work.

I wonder what their asses are doing right now. Father? Mother? Grandfather? Grandmother? ;o

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Indeed. This was definitely the mecca for a lot of people.
Happy 11th indeed.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough
Visit ZeroUnlim's YouTube

Haha, good times and much respect.

Seeing those names is quite nostalgic.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

damn.. a lot of those names take me back.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
Luke500
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 206
Luke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enough

Ancient names.

Happy 11'th. ;j
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

I seen a lot of familiar names.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

few other names

(!dang!)
-XtremDark-
dasupertrooper
Klens
Shishio1
(-SpideyKing-)
Blazer_Gouki
Bruceliem
XtaikiX
1cedRyu
DeadlyFighter
PakixX786
UnknownX

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

TJ5
Apathy
Doomtrain
DAVIPA
Strider42
battleaxe
damite
Klens
the list goes on...
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like

How could I forget about DoomTrain, also along was AngelWing with battleaxe and dasupertrooper (best Chun-li along with hot~chic, apathy and Mastaq).
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
O.G

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
O.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enough

Hard to believe its been 11 years. Where has the time gone.? I remember the URL transition to SFO. Long live xmvssf/TechTv days lol, can't get into the users because iv'e seen so many come and go! But respect to all old and new.
O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

www.streetfighteronline.com/techtv

there you go... back in the days it was a miracle to come on TV.
back then we had only ryu and wolvie out. and at that time wolvie had just came out and could corner rape anybody.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
O.G

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
O.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enoughO.G will become famous soon enough

Yeah I know what you mean. Wish I could've caught that when it actually aired on tv. But a good moment in history for this game surely. I haven't been on in quite sometime. And wolverine can still do that lol if done correctly.
O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1173
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
www.streetfighteronline.com/techtv

there you go... back in the days it was a miracle to come on TV.
back then we had only ryu and wolvie out. and at that time wolvie had just came out and could corner rape anybody.
Holy crap, thats some legendary footage right there. I was never even aware of this.

Ill buy it for 50,000$ (the video)

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

never seen that link before Karma, nice one. Amazing how slow it used to be!
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

I'm glad I came when I did because over the 4 years I've been playing I became friends with so many great people.*holds up glass of wine* Cheers, to 11 more years.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #18
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like

I wish illegal characters were still available. >.<
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #19
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

We did made a pretty badass duo on SFO.

Good times. The video era being my favorite obviously.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAkuma View Post
I have more and trying to recall their name.

Virtual Fighter
KingRyu- Used to pick on him before picking on Karma.
Bloodback
Dark Magic X
Dan Habiki
iTALY
Morpheous
Marvel911
Sportschick
SolidSnake76
Tidus2k2
Venture
Wave Master

These name are the prime time that got me motivated to fighting games. From there, some of us transition to actual fighting game and got into X-men vs Street Fighter (emu), Marvel vs Capcom, 3rd Strike and other games. Some of them inspired me into art-work.

I wonder what their asses are doing right now. Father? Mother? Grandfather? Grandmother? ;o

id assume its me but thanks for the shoutout man, really appreciate it

so yeah, i will always remember you
we get to talk on your DA page and even invited me in your very first forum on invisionfree (forgot the name) before you revived BG
i even still have the punisher tag you made me (two variations), im always honored for the gift, and it was featured in the now defunct punisher website (damn geocities)

good memories

as for me
it has been 10 years
since i was a bachelor and now already a married man
whether xmvssf or SFO, this site will be ageless for ageless people like me

CHEERS TO EVERYONE AND HAPPY SFOing guys!!!
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
carmona89

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 93
carmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura about

Good to see you EvilAkuma!!
2nd Team Battle
POTL division 3 Champ
2nd ken masters
2nd Kens Quest To Conqour
3rd Master of The Hadou
carmona89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #22
Doomtrain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Doomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enoughDoomtrain will become famous soon enough

Quit capitalizing that "t"

*fades back into shadow*

*returns*

Oh, happy 11 years and all that =/

*tries that fading thing again*

Doomtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Good to see so many oldies still around, Happy Birthday SFO
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Blade !! Heyy !
Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtrain View Post
Quit capitalizing that "t"

*fades back into shadow*

*returns*

Oh, happy 11 years and all that =/

*tries that fading thing again*
Sorry Babe <3

Doomtrain for the moother ****ing WIN