SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
g/v error Flamebandit Members Help Center 2 08-14-2007 10:39 PM
An error or something I did? Ruy2266 Bugs and Problems report 24 04-18-2007 04:20 PM
Error 700 Trin Bugs and Problems report 2 06-26-2006 11:01 PM
Error 438 tayottt Members Help Center 2 04-19-2006 07:09 PM

Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
dunnoaname

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
dunnoaname is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SFO error

I recently started getting an error that pops up when I try to open SFO downloadable version. It says:

"Failed to load control 'ShockwaveCtl' from Control.dll. Your version of Control.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

I tried uninstalling both SFO and my shockwave twice but the problem still persists. I don't think the 'Missing DLLS' link in the downloadable page at SFO did anything either. I don't know what made this error happen. All I did was uninstall SFO because I couldnt see any of the writing at chat/login/games etc and when I reinstalled it wouldn't let me play. Any help would be appreciated as I am pretty much computer illiterate ( don't want to do anything that might make more problems as I have bad experience in the past trying to fix myself..) Thanks in advance.

If all else fails ya I think web version still works >< back to slower games and 10+min of waiting each time for loading.

EDIT: Looks like other people before me had the same problem heh I forgot to search the forums to see if anyone else had same problem. So Imma go do what other people suggested.

-Well I did some stuff, mostly uninstalling, reinstalling and praying and now I get this error:

"Component 'Control.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

If you ask me it just looks like gibberish, but maybe some enlightened soul out there knows the true meaning behind it...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be."

"If you are passionate about something, it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you will make a difference."
dunnoaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
zubae

Post Thanks / Like
zubae is an unknown quantity at this point

rite now i can tell tht this probs ocuurs only if sum files r corrupted in ur comp or missing --LIKE U HAVE DELETED ACCCIDENTLY--

IM NOT TELLING ABOUT SHOCKWAVE- the program in ur comp which supports ur software or helps to run it

usually this oudated .dll problem occurs when there is sum program is deleted

so try formating ur computer and thn installl ur shockwave and sfo

till thn rock on

SPIDEY RULZ

--zubae

Rock on
zubae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
dunnoaname

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I think only option for me is to do system restore I guess. Lets just hope I don't mess it up even more.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be."

"If you are passionate about something, it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you will make a difference."
Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

No no no. No system restore. NEVER that! ;] Well, at least not because of SFO.
Listen, are you using the latest update of SFO-download? because this problem should have been fixed. if not, simply move the file control.dll into the Prefs folder. ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
zubae

Post Thanks / Like

ok then as ashole says

dont restore ur computer

when the oudated .dll message prompts check which file is outdated if it
belongs to shock wave do a compleate uninstall of shockwave and download it again

if the file belongs to the ur computer operating system then then u go for ur system update

this is just a opinion u dunt have do it if dont want to

and it may not solve ur problem

till thn rock on

SPIDEY RULZ

--zubae

Rock on
Old 10-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #6
dunnoaname

Post Thanks / Like

EEP.

Okay, well I did system restore cause I'm just such a badass and after a few tries it is working! I wouldn't advice doing system restore cause there is probably a easier way, like what asshole was saying. But besides that hooray for system restore, hooray for life , and hooray for SFO! Thanks for help fellow SFO brethrens

Old 10-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #7
zubae

Post Thanks / Like

im glad it worked out

or hope soo

till thn rock on

SPIDEY RULZ

--zubae

Rock on
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh i thought you still had a problem to get sfo to work i was looking foward to helping you ={... Well anyway glad to see that you got SFO up and running again.

My Latest Work^^
DestinationWeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #9
~OL~AvengedWolf
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
~OL~AvengedWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well RD Fight Club posted about how ti fix that problem you had which I tried myself. You said you deleted the programs I doubt it. You probably still had files in there, remember even if you do delete the programs if you still got the files it's not going to work. He also posted on making your Cpu a lil faster.