SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Bugs and Problems report

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not being able to block Patrick Bateman Bugs and Problems report 16 01-09-2009 06:40 PM
Hey Block! evilryus5 General 30 12-19-2008 01:32 PM
omg, new block =O azncat RaNdOm iNsAnItY 20 04-06-2008 10:57 PM
U cant win on a block Adremm Bugs and Problems report 5 06-09-2006 06:46 PM

Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Block glitch.

Lately I've been having this problem blocking.

When the attack is in front of me, and I block backwards normally, the attack breaks my block.

This has happened so far against Optic Blast and Shin Hadruken.

It's kind of annoying.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
DaBlitzAce
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 9
DaBlitzAce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Block glitch.

This issue has been happening for years, it's always a pain in the ass. But to me it usually happens when I land mid-air my guard suddenly breaks and I eat a super..
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
decorrain
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 90
decorrain is an unknown quantity at this point

It happens alot especially with bison.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
DaBlitzAce
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Really? More Ryu for me
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Lately I've been having this problem blocking.

When the attack is in front of me, and I block backwards normally, the attack breaks my block.

This has happened so far against Optic Blast and Shin Hadruken.

It's kind of annoying.
If u mean ur block breaks simply when u are standing there blocking that should never occur unless its a super that forces u to change postion. Your block should only break sometimes when u fall into a super.

But if what u say is how i described in my first statement, that is most likely a glitch due to lag.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #6
APPLES33D

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 247
APPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enough
Visit APPLES33D's YouTube

if the blocking system is like the mvc2 blocking system then you would e able to block in the air but if you land and some one does a super you wouldn't be able to stay in block animation and you would eat the super
APPLES33D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #7
(-PakistaN-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road
Visit (-PakistaN-)'s Facebook

A lot of times people complain about "Block breaking" but mostly it's their fault that it broke. This especially happens with spammers, but can happen with anyone. I'm not saying this is the only reason for block break, but this is what happens mostly to me.
When your in the air, for example, and let's say your spamming hado's to get Level up. Your clicking the Hadoken combination many more times than your actual Hadoken output, so if you stop pressing the buttons, Ryu ends up doing a hadoken one last time, even though you didn't press anything. So When you land in a special, and the previous hadoken just finished, then Ryu's gonna go for another hadoken while blocking, because you clicked it so many times, and that breaks the block.

There's more examples, but you get what I mean.

But if that's NOT the case, try holding Back Forward AND Down at the same time for a kind of block that holds even when the super is coming from another direction. It helps a lot in the cases where you LAND in supers, and because your facing the wrong way you can't exactly block or something. So you hold down all three and it's all good.

\
(-PakistaN-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
SoFallen
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 133
SoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura aboutSoFallen has a spectacular aura about
Visit SoFallen's Twitter Visit SoFallen's YouTube

well i also observed that when u r blocking u press back right? and yes ^paki is right its better to do back + down, but also keep in mind, that while ur blocking AVOID pressing anyother keys other than back and down bcuz if u do so, it will just break ur block, well example

My enemy uses shinkuu hadouken then i block it with button back but then i accidentally pressed the punch or kick or any other moves , then my block breaks.

well thats what i observed.
SoFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 149
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

button mashing is your weakness, paki is absolutely right
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

I've been exploring this for past few weeks, but the reason it occurs for me all the time is when someone does a special (shin-hadoken, sentinel's super cannon, cyclops optic blast (super)..etc) if your in the air..block is activated, but the momment your foot hits the ground...ur screwed..

Funny thing is this didnt start happening for me till a few weeks ago...

But hey...this is just another thing we have to live with

I'll see if i still get same problem today with it.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
(AK)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (AK)'s Facebook Visit (AK)'s YouTube

man oh man, when are all these glitches gonna go away? sometimes block-breaks occurs on me as well during gameplay, on ryu -spinkicks that sucks-in is bad.
(AK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about

Yea it happens mostly if you start blocking in the air and it break when you land.

You just noticed this? Welcome to SFO...

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe MŮĈ ♫♫
(Hado)-(King) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
(-ReckonCrew-)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
(-ReckonCrew-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Yupp, Hado is Right.

We just have to deal with this problem until it gets fixed.
(-ReckonCrew-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
APPLES33D

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 247
APPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enough
Visit APPLES33D's YouTube

did anyone read what i said, hado king just repeated what i said....
APPLES33D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #15
DaBlitzAce
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Lol if anyone was right it was Paki
Old 08-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

this is not a bug. more likely the way the game picks up the animations states.

while in block state if you hit any other button you will break that blocking state to do the next.
if you spam moves, like paki said, you will break that block state because of the buffering.
hence why i was asking people to vote against buffering of move. it just kills the game.

in this case what happens is that you were blocking in the air.
when you touched the ground, if he super stops hitting you just one single time, you will break your block because you are switching to backward walk animation and that is not the block state. as such you will be hit. same if you do the down+back block. when you will hit the floor, if you didn't get hit for a sole milisecond you will go into crouching state which is again not the blocking state and as such you will be hit.

i repeat this is not a glitch.
the way the states works cannot be solved. it can be tweaked to stop this from happenning too much but it cannot be solved. not with the current engine anyway. and right now we solved all the tweaks a few years ago. most likely if you get hit during a block, it is because of what paki said, you cued another move that shouldn't have hapenned.

AKA : you did a ground super while you were in the air. that didn't do a thing but the move was buffered and is waiting for you to hit the ground to actually activate. as such even if you were blocking in mid-air as soon as you hit the ground, the buffer will activate the ground super and remove you from the block state.

so last time i say this...
buffering is bad people, buffering too much kills you in the long run. dont do that mistake, do things when you can, dont buffer !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
(-PakistaN-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road

You guys should really rep my posts.

\
Old 08-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

it is really annoying and but thats been around for a while now hopefully something can be done about it

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

Never noticed it to happend with cyc but it happens more commonly in ryu matches this glitch also happens in tag matches after p1 or p2 dies but then again you cant block at all.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #20
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

>> Apparently no one got what I was saying.

When I am STATIONARY, on the ground, and I block back normally, without touching ANY OTHER BUTTONS, in 1 on 1 no tag matches, or tag matches without p2 dying, Cyclops' directional optic blast still breaks the block.

This also happened with at least one Shin Hadruken.

I've been playing this game nonstop since 2001, I know what the hell I'm talking about. This literally JUST started happening. Before this, I could block these supers with just ONE BUTTON, now I can't.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #21
(-PakistaN-)

Post Thanks / Like

Well..

It's possible that when the directional optic blast hits you, it breaks your block because your directly under it. This happens because, there's a confusion in the game as to whether the attack is coming from behind you or in front. As there is no upper block, it has to be one or the other. So in this case, if your pressing block, your blocking one direction, but the attack may hit you behind, even though it doesn't look like it. This breaks the block.

With the shin hadruken, it usually only block breaks, when the ken suddenly goes behind you, but your both facing away from each other, and he does the special. The back side of the special will still touch you, and since you were facing the other way, the uni-directional block is useless.

The answer to all your problems is just hold Back Down and Forward when you want to block. This is a multi-directional block, and basically eradicates block break. If block break continues to happen, I think it is a glitch then. (Even though Karma said there isn't.)

\
Old 09-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

interesting...nvr thought of it like that

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #23
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Paki, never had any bugs hapenning to me when it comes to my block. when i want to block i block and it blocks the whole thing. if there was a bug with it, i'd have gotten it long ago.

as i told you, there are a few things entering into this equation.
one of them is the most vital one, move buffering, if you buffer move then hope to suddently block out of nowhere.... then it is your fault if you suddently block break.

the second thing to get into this is lag...
people send a super, you se it done, but on their screen they already super jumped to your side. making it look on your screen that they are on your side during the super, at which point your computer tries to turn you around... can't block while turning around now can't you !

third one is people as i said, trying to move while blocking, that is impossible, the moment you will hit another key, or simply lt go the down key or the back key, the charcater will block break.

so basically...
- don't move buffer...
- dont ever let go the keys for blocking whatever the situation is.
- pray that he doesn't lag you out that much !

thats it.
no block bug anywhere... just people playing too fast for ther own needs.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #24
Master08
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Master08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Master08's Facebook Visit Master08's YouTube

I have this problem as well but i dont start crying about it Get on with it ;D!!!