Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

Old 05-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SF 4 PC

PC gamers with a penchant for action are not unfamiliar with having to wait a few months after a game's console release to get a desktop port, as is the case with Capcom's Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, and Bionic Commando. Potential purchasers will have to hold out a while longer, given that Capcom updated the release windows for the trio of PC ports today, with none of them arriving for at least two months.

Ryu is sporting one of the PC edition's three new graphic filters.
Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando will be the first PC ports out of the gate, with both arriving in July. In Street Fighter IV's case, PAL territories already have a concrete release date of July 3. Both games will also feature support for higher screen resolutions than their console counterparts ()Of course.. ), and the PC Street Fighter IV will include three additional graphic filters to make the game look more like its original stylized trailers. *As for Bionic Commando extras, Capcom touts remappable controls, mouse-and-keyboard support, and DirectX 9 and 10 compatibility.

Unfortunately, PC gamers will need to wait a bit longer for Resident Evil 5. Capcom said only that it would be out later in the year. PC-exclusive extras are also slim at the moment, with the publisher mentioning only that the game would make use of Nvidia's GeForce 3D Vision technology.

Already got my wired controller set for it..
Anyone else planning to get the PC version..

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm i want to put my laptop to the test, with games like this one so i probably would buy this game just to see if my laptop could handle it if not...i'll just put it in my desktop
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
system4

Post Thanks / Like
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

The last time I saw the system requirements for this game were posted back in August of last year.. Don't think these are the "final" requirements.. but this what was posted back in August.

Street Fighter 4
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 2GHZ or higher
Memory: 1GB RAM or higher
Hard Drive: 7GB Free harddrive space
Video Memory: 7900GT or higher
Sound Card: N/A
DirectX: DX9
Keyboard & Mouse: N/A
CD/DVD Rom Drive: CD ROM

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: 1.8GHZ Dual Core or higher
Memory: 2GB
Video Memory: 8800 GT or SLI
Sound Card: 5.1 Surround or better
Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
MegaDarkness is an unknown quantity at this point

nothin good ever comes out for wii anymore >_>
MegaDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

unfortunetly, its because of the controler... the companies seem to forget that we also havea classic controller that is just like any others. not to mention gamecube controllers can be used to. yeah WII tends to be missed a lot these days !

same hapenned with Star Wars force Unleashed
seems like we had a version not very up to par to the other consoles version. from a friends view we had better graphics then the PS3 version but we were missing a lot of stages.

its really unfortunate that the WII gets left out like that, after all it is a next gen console with the same attributes as the other two !

EDIT:
i'm getting it if it comes to PC
i'm also a great fan of bionic commando ever since the nes game. i'm glad they are remakking it for todays gaming. hope its multiplayer though, can you iagine a coop play witht hat game, that would rock !

SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MegaDarkness @ May 08 2009,14:39)]***...

nothin good ever comes out for wii anymore >_>
lol Wii???

Just upgrade parts on your machine man.. lol..
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
dj_hussla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough

ill get it only if it dont look to much like a cartoon and have a controller
Old 05-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
system4

Post Thanks / Like

dj hussla.. it's the same graphics.. (if better than consoles.. due to the new graphics filters and higher screen resolution..)
Old 05-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

I Might

if i remember in two months
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

I'm getting it for PC. flip yes.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

higher resolution doesn't mean THAT much

what are the odds that some guy's computer screen is bigger than with 1080P HD TV

higher resolution? you're still using your tiny 17" widescreen monitor = fail? lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Higher Resolution does mean much.. Whether you on a 15' or 27' inch monitor..

That's why most (if not all) PC Gamer are gonna have a very good monitor.. if they call themselves "PC Gamer".. why would you have a poopty monitor in the first place

Also you don't compare console's Resolution to a Computer's Screen Resolution..

current console's Resolutions have fixed resolutions

480p (640x480)
480i
720i (1280x720)
720p
1080i
1080p (1920x1080)

Whereas nowadays graphics cards can shoot as high as 2560 x 1600..

Higher the resolution.. the more pixels on the screen.. the better the graphics and textures look..

and that's why PC has always been better than consoles when it comes to Graphics..
Old 05-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

true that, i was always laughing at supposedly HD TV who suposedly are superior, but graphic cards and real computer monitors goes way higher then that ! its laughable to see how much time it took them to get near the computer graphics. and as for people still using good old religious TV. dont laugh of my 19 inches TV please. it still gets the job done ! not to mention even my computer screen is a 19 inches 4:3 flat screen !

gamers don't necessarely have the money to buy all that HD poop, and we know where to put money first when it comes to gaming !
Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thedesktops @ May 08 2009,13:33)]The last time I saw the system requirements for this game were posted back in August of last year.. Don't think these are the "final" requirements.. but this what was posted back in August.

Street Fighter 4
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 2GHZ or higher
Memory: 1GB RAM or higher
Video Memory: 7900GT or higher
Sound Card: N/A

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: 1.8GHZ Dual Core or higher
Memory: 2GB
Video Memory: 8800 GT or SLI
Sound Card: 5.1 Surround or better
o.o When a PC game recommends 5.1 channel stereo, you know it's good.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ May 10 2009,10:21)]true that, i was always laughing at supposedly HD TV who suposedly are superior, but graphic cards and real computer monitors goes way higher then that ! its laughable to see how much time it took them to get near the computer graphics. and as for people still using good old religious TV. *dont laugh of my 19 inches TV please. it still gets the job done ! not to mention even my computer screen is a 19 inches 4:3 flat screen !

gamers don't necessarely have the money to buy all that HD poop, and we know where to put money first when it comes to gaming !
HD TV suck A LOT OF asz for gaming. HD TV's cause delay. HD and Wireless stuff are bad for gaming.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

hehehe, not true about hd tv making problems, the type of tv does that, not the fact that its HD ! plasma and the other type are the only choices and plasma for games just sucks, i agree to that much !

as for the 5.1 channel, dude get real, every damn sound cards now has 5.1 compatibility.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (PENZEL @ May 10 2009,14:34)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ May 10 2009,10:21)]true that, i was always laughing at supposedly HD TV who suposedly are superior, but graphic cards and real computer monitors goes way higher then that ! its laughable to see how much time it took them to get near the computer graphics. and as for people still using good old religious TV. *dont laugh of my 19 inches TV please. it still gets the job done ! not to mention even my computer screen is a 19 inches 4:3 flat screen !

HD TV suck A LOT OF asz for gaming. HD TV's cause delay. HD and Wireless stuff are bad for gaming.
I noticed that when I played guitar hero on an HDTV for the first time
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ May 10 2009,20:59)]hehehe, not true about hd tv making problems, the type of tv does that, not the fact that its HD ! plasma and the other type are the only choices and plasma for games just sucks, i agree to that much !

as for the 5.1 channel, dude get real, every damn sound cards now has 5.1 compatibility.
Tube TV's don't delay like HD. Trust me.

Uh that's why they made the VGA cable for the 360 and PS3. VGA=Monitor cable basically.

It reduces lag. That's what they use on MLG tournaments. You may not notice the delay since it's basically milliseconds but believe it or not, milliseconds can cause you a match.

Games like fighting games are games that require a lot of timing for combos etc....and those Milliseconds can screw you up. That plus you're fighting with lag online so.

Edit: for those who don't know what a VGA cable for the 360 looks like:

You can buy this @ Best buy or any type of Elec. store like Best buy. Only 40$.

This is what I use for competitive gaming. I recommend it.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
MegaDarkness is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh*

i guess i'll get it for pc... its just rlly lame that they always... freakin always disclude wii... its like they think"OH U HAVE SSBB u have enough"
MegaDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

I already played SSBB once

I liked the N64 version better
Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MegaDarkness @ May 11 2009,07:26)]*sigh*

i guess i'll get it for pc... its just rlly lame that they always... freakin always disclude wii... its like they think"OH U HAVE SSBB u have enough"
SSBB sucks a big fat one. Plus, the online is terribad.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

i do agree on that, but then agian the whole of the wifi network for nintendo is cool, its just that not enough people plays online. and the way ssbb works makes it less potent !

but what can i say, its all cause of the controller, the companies just dont think of our classic pad that we have they just think our remote is all we have and they think it sucks !
Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

^ Preach on karmatron.

Too be honest with you here, Ps3 is winning over @ Japan I believe. See, we all know the Wii is based on kiddy games wich I dare to say some of them are hella entertaining no doubt. But while they are Kiddy games, Nintendo has been doing nothing but lame games nowadays, causing the Wii to fail a little hence why is the Ps3 winning.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

PS3 = japan company = they want nothing more then that...
japan is rarely wanting to have anything about things not from their country, the why the xbox was boycotted to begin with, also why its not getting any better for the 360.

japanese people needs to open up more instead of thining they are the best of the world at everything ! sony game since the PS2 is just that , doing nothing exdept trying to keep fans with marketting and trying to gain exlusives in games just to try and keep things on them. but the companies have enough of that and is why much of thegames gets released on all consoles now instead of just one !