Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #26
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Is Race Real? (Continued)

Quote:
I take it back. From now on, I'll just say, yeah, Karma is a little racist.

And you do know racism is a product of ignorance, among other things, right?

And I think you miss a good opportunity to examine and educate yourself, as well as put yourself in someone else's shoes. Watch the videos someday. Watch them and go ahead and be mad afterwards. Then examine why you're even mad.

You do not have to agree with her, or her methods to learn something--unless you're opposed to learning something about others, and maybe yourself, which it seems to be.

That's being closed-minded, and deciding to continue being ignorant. Fine. But be ignorant about anything outside how you choose to view the world. But be closed-minded elsewhere. You can't have a conversation with other people while refusing to even view their facts, opinions, or worldview--even if you don't want to accept it.
how is it ignorance when you know you are doing it on purpose ?
exemple of th eblonde jokes, which is racism even though many dont think so.
how many black/white jokes you are doing for fun and games. all those even though you are joking around, are actually racism still.

when i say im a litle racist, its in that view. i still laughed at some of those jokes, i still laugh with people about those jokes, even though i know they are just that and that none of us takes it personnal. in the end i can't help it but to notice how racist it was. seeing it this way makes us all a little racist to sa the least, hence why racism is still among us. it was never gone.

no... ignorance isn't the problem TFist. its only an effect !

Last edited by SSJKarma; 11-25-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #27
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
how is it ignorance when you know you are doing it on purpose ?
exemple of th eblonde jokes, which is racism even though many dont think so.
how many black/white jokes you are doing for fun and games. all those even though you are joking around, are actually racism still.

when i say im a litle racist, its in that view. i still laughed at some of those jokes, i still laugh with people about those jokes, even though i know they are just that and that none of us takes it personnal. in the end i can't help it but to notice how racist it was. seeing it this way makes us all a little racist to sa the least, hence why racism is still among us. it was never gone.

no... ignorance isn't the problem TFist. its only an effect !
Karma... You confusing stereotypes with racism again. DO NOT SAY WE ALL A LITTLE RACIST... My ninja don't put your hatin ideology on me. Blonde Jokes come from the observation that a lot of girls with blonde hair are dumb. Not all but there have been a lot of girls with blonde hair and pretty and they got the big boobs and they're dumb as a rock. That's Just a stereotype. STEREOTYPING IS NOT RACISM AND BLONDE IS NOT RACE.

All stereotypes come from an observation. Like old people can't drive. They can't omg. But there are some that be whippin down the street like they been driving for 50 years (and thats how they should be driving)

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 11-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #28
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Of course races are real... I doubt the fix is in with Nascar ..
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
you get to that store, he categorised his games by consoles.. fine, but then he also categorised them by alphabetics, then hes gone further down and categorised them by genre, date of release and to top it off... by peoples favorites ! dont you think he'S gone way too far down ? in the end that doesn'T help us more, it actually would disrupt us. thats what im going to, its fine categorising broadly... its when you start categorising specifics thats gonna be a problem. and thats why racism will never go extinct
Yes and no. it would be a lot of effort for the store owner to categorize but that much and yes it would be hard for his workers to place games on the shelf. At this point, they are no longer using the heuristic shortcut and as you said, are going into detail. However, Race is the shortcut (aka categorize by console) and the specifics (such as alphabet, genre, released date, and favorites) are more equivalent to that 1 Black person is smart, criminal, athletic, enjoys KFC etc. Those factors are going too into detail and is a lot for people to process for each individual person, just as each game's release date may be too much detail. Laughing at racist jokes doesn't mean you're a bit racist, in fact it's probably the opposite. Racism is the belief that your race is superior or theirs in inferior in some way based off of different stereotypes. If someone makes a joke about how Black people are criminals, if you were really racist you wouldn't laugh as it would be a fact for you. It's like telling you the sun is in the sky, it's not funny it's just true. Laughing indicates you don't take it seriously and are not racist at all. I don't know why but paragraphs aren't working so I separated with bold.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

if thats the case, does this mean we can have racist jokes on SFO?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
Not "RACIST" jokes. Stereotypical jokes and no they aren't allowed according to TitaniumFist. But some of us still do it just like some of us still troll and most of us bypass.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
People can find them offensive
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #33
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Karma, you really should've added context when you said you were a little bit racist. I make stereotypical/generalization jokes all the time - I just don't do it where people won't understand, like on an open forum where someone might be offended.

In real life with people who know me, they get it.

Quote:
No. There are a lot of things we talk about in real life that you can't do here. As bob said, they will catch some people the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Not "RACIST" jokes. Stereotypical jokes and no they aren't allowed according to TitaniumFist. But some of us still do it just like some of us still troll and most of us bypass.
One day...I will smite thee.

Topic seems to have run its course without anyone loosing an eye.

For those of you who've tried to understand each other, good effort.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Grand ma Flash always said :"the problem with an eye for an eye is that everyone ends up blind." - Flash to Superman

can't be more true.

doing what shadow always told people to do... ignoring him.

i dont think joking about it is the inverse of racism. the thing is that some people dont take racism seriously to begin with. taking your exemple bob, if you tell a racist joke and you dont take it seriously, what does it mean to the person in front of you who doesn't laugh it cause he takes it personnally. the fact is, its as troublesome as pure racism.

i'll take another exemple...
once upon a time in a class, there was this girl saying she wasn'T sure if he would find a job in her career she had chosen. we were on sexism class and a bunch of jokes were flying around. so i answered her, no problem if anything else you are sure to find a job as household women. 2 of the others laughed, but two of the women didn't. one of them held her tongue understanding it was just a joke, but the one i answered too... she has gone ballistic on me. telling me how sexist i was and the likes.

fact: she had done sexist jokes all over the place. but when someone else did one, she didn't take it at all.

the reality is... if everyone takes it as a joke it might pass off for a joke... but there is no way for you to ever know for sure how others will react. that joke i made was still sexists to say the least. same for those racist jokes. they are still racist. doesn't matter that everyone laughs or not, they are still racist.

if i paint a red ferrari blue instead of red... it still is a ferrari. nothing will change that.
same with racist, sexist or anything else related... you may laugh it, there is no changing the fact that the joke was racist.

thats all i feel everytime such jokes are made.

taking another exemple...
a girl is being made fun of in her class.
everyones laughing. and when she cries everyone laugh even more...

in this scenario its the very same as those jokes...
its not because the majority thinks its funny that it isn't racist at all.
the majority doesn't make rules change.

this is also why i think all those jokers making fun of others and people laughing about it is the worse kind of funny. because there is always one person who didn't find the joke funny at all. may you say it was a joke or not, it changes nothing... you still made fun of someone or their races or their eyes, whatever the joke you did.

going back to stereotypes...
whats a stereotypes ?
its a general view of something...
black people have a long ding dong...
thats a stereotype... but wouldn't it also be racist in a way because i'm actually categorising black by their ding dong lengh ?

again stereotypes and racism or sexim or whatever have very much everything in common. they are all categorising ways of saying things. in the end one is not better then the other. as such i simply put them both in the same bag... the bad one, the one i want to avoid.

but i hate my heart and brain...
when i think with one, im too direct and when im talking with the other im too sensitive.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Your examples are when you realize you've made a mistake and hurt someone. How you handle it afterwards, how you learn from it, defines you.

If you keep making those jokes knowing they hurt people, that speaks for itself.

If you reflect on your actions, and how they made someone feel, and choose not to make that kind of joke again, that speaks for itself, too.

Quote:
but i hate my heart and brain...
when i think with one, im too direct and when im talking with the other im too sensitive.
lol.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #36
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Grand ma Flash always said :"the problem with an eye for an eye is that everyone ends up blind." - Flash to Superman

can't be more true.

doing what shadow always told people to do... ignoring him.
All i been trying to tell you to do is watch the ****ing video. Damn i feel like your not even reading my post. Your just guessing on what i said.

When people say a joke's like "aye bro help me out with my math" to an Asian and that asian gets offended then thats just them being sensitive. You just gave him a compliment. Im sorry that we have a bunch of bitches that cant take a joke on this forum. I for one stopped making jokes like that when Tfist banned me because i said paki got ban for trying to blow up the forum but i still think they are funny.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #37
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

Quote:
Tfist banned me because i said paki got ban for trying to blow up the forum but i still think they are funny.
Can he be re-banned for saying that
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #38
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
Can he be re-banned for saying that
Nah I doubt he'll do that. Man i had the whole Shout box dying that day... Even Cwing... The one that banned you. But Tfist was like nah you gonna jail now.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 11-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #39
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 388
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road

black dont crack... sorry I had to say it
'
but I liked the topic. I think this is a very interesting story. I really do
Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #40
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
No. There are a lot of things we talk about in real life that you can't do here. As bob said, they will catch some people the wrong way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
People can find them offensive
Quote:
lolz, yes of course, i know

personally, i wouldnt mind making (goodfaith) fun on certain individuals, but making fun in a generalized manner on a race, nation, citizen, sect, culture is bad...we're old enough to distinguish whats right and wrong...right mr. solidsnake?

PS: @snake - i know its not your intention to make fun on canadians, youre just sharing an existing meme, NOT made by you
Old 11-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #41
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Is Katy Perry's AMA performance racist?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

Some people say it was.

I don't really see why though.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #43
Usurp
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 160
Usurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the rough

i haven't read anyones reply , so im sorry if i may be say'n something that someone else said

but the thing about race is this

if you are near the equator your skin pigment down your family tree being in the same location will eventually become darker , and darker eyes see better during the day

if you live higher up on the earth the light reflects off the snow and u squint like eskimos and you being covered most of the time, your skin would become not as dark as those near the equator ,

lets say u lived in caves all the time and deep in the earth, only coming out during the night, your eyes would become blue because it can see easier in the darkness than any other color, as ur not being exposed to any light at all would cause your skin and hair would have less melanin making your hair blond and your skin pale

we are all human race we are evolving the same as always, adapting to our environment

Last edited by Usurp; 07-09-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #44
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1173
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Didn't he just tell you not to necro-bump topics?

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 07-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #45
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook

This topic is ancient.

Closed
Old 07-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #46
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

yes, please don't revive 4+ year old threads Usurp

/CLOSED
Closed Thread