SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
bloodstyle

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
bloodstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So... what's up?

Hi there, 13 years since I joined the forum (played before too). I remember when it was called xmen vs street fighter and all that stuff going on with Marvel.

I became a programmer and frankly I don't understand why this project is at this stage still.
I don't really want to dig the forum to seek an answer for these question cuz I prefer discussion, but what's up with TmyApp?

I mean, the project looked nice but I just don't understand why he stopped working on it while continuing to pay for the servers.

Today we have MAME emulators that has online capability and there's a lot of people on it, heck they even play x-men vs street fighter!

What's up with him?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: So... what's up?

Hello and welcome back..

Take the time to read all the news at the link below and you can learn what's been going on with TMyApp and the project..

http://xmenvs.streetfighteronline.com/latest-news/

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #3
bloodstyle

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
bloodstyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Frankly, this doesn't answer my question.

And the post I've read on latest news shows that maybe he's not going in the right direction.

1 - I would drop that old framework
It puts so much sticks in your wheels. I mean, there's only about a dozen characters, and it looks so hard to add one since there hasn't been any new character since like 10 years.

2 - The solutions for the revivals are not valid
You have a beautiful and old car from the 90s. Yes it is fun to remember it but no one wants to drive it. It's not because you are painting it in another way that it's going to be better, it's still an old car. Dedicated servers only works if people are already playing it, it won't bring new players. Advertising the website won't make the game better, you are better off improving the game to the actual year before advertising it.

3 - Find a new concept
The current SFO concept has already been destroyed by Marvel vs Capcom. If TmyApp want some people playing his game, he should offer something that is not currently offered, like an online version of Mugen with servers which would be so freakin easy to do. I mean, how come you can add a character in mugen in 1 minutes and you can't add one in 10 years in SFO? If he doesn't want copyright infringment, heck, design some new characters!

I'm craving for a good online 2D fighting game that is in constant evolution, you have knowledge and opportunities, don't waste it.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1455
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstyle View Post

And the post I've read on latest news shows that maybe he's not going in the right direction.

It puts so much sticks in your wheels. I mean, there's only about a dozen characters, and it looks so hard to add one since there hasn't been any new character since like 10 years.

You have a beautiful and old car from the 90s. Yes it is fun to remember it but no one wants to drive it. It's not because you are painting it in another way that it's going to be better, it's still an old car. Dedicated servers only works if people are already playing it, it won't bring new players. Advertising the website won't make the game better, you are better off improving the game to the actual year before advertising it.

3 - Find a new concept
The current SFO concept has already been destroyed by Marvel vs Capcom. If TmyApp want some people playing his game, he should offer something that is not currently offered, like an online version of Mugen with servers which would be so freakin easy to do. I mean, how come you can add a character in mugen in 1 minutes and you can't add one in 10 years in SFO? If he doesn't want copyright infringment, heck, design some new characters!

I'm craving for a good online 2D fighting game that is in constant evolution, you have knowledge and opportunities, don't waste it.

You should probably fact check before you make statements like these, because you just end up looking like a jackass spouting ****ery. If you even bothered to login, or better yet read more than just one page you'd see that SFO has added literally 4 characters in the last year alone.

Truth, we've had some difficulty in getting things moved along, and not everything has gone to plan, but trust me when I say, we're doing our best to make due with what we have. I'd even go as far to say that Tmy is doing a damn good job keeping along with the cards that have been dealt to him. As far as not bringing in any new players by advertising, you don't and won't know how anything goes until you try. Which is what we're doing as a collective.

If you want a mugen style game anyone can make a character on, feel free to move on to mugen.
Better still, if it's as easy as designing new characters, I'm all ears for you to share with me your bright character design ideas.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 170
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~Blaze View Post
Quote:

3 - Find a new concept

Truth, we've had some difficulty in getting things moved along, and not everything has gone to plan, but trust me when I say, we're doing our best to make due with what we have. I'd even go as far to say that Tmy is doing a damn good job keeping along with the cards that have been dealt to him. As far as not bringing in any new players by advertising, you don't and won't know how anything goes until you try. Which is what we're doing as a collective.
I think his point is that the game has barely progressed, which is very true. You can sit here and act like the game was always due for failure but in reality there was never a real attempt at pushing the game forward even at its peak. This has always been TMy's little project that he held onto and that's the only explanation that needs to be given. He's really the only one who could get the train going but also seems to really only look at it as a side project and nothing more.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6400
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Quote:

3 - Find a new concept

You should probably fact check before you make statements like these, because you just end up looking like a jackass spouting ****ery. If you even bothered to login, or better yet read more than just one page you'd see that SFO has added literally 4 characters in the last year alone.

If you want a mugen style game anyone can make a character on, feel free to move on to mugen.
Better still, if it's as easy as designing new characters, I'm all ears for you to share with me your bright character design ideas.

So basically instead of calmly correcting and telling him stuff. You decided I'm going to act like a jackass myself and try to "tell" him off.

Good job sir.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:

3 - Find a new concept

Quote:
Quote:

3 - Find a new concept

Blaze, reread the mans post. Lol.

He did state way more than expected to how/where can we improve.

Nowhere did he sound like a jackass bro, but you kinda came off as one.

@donkios - Good point also.

^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 06-21-2018 at 10:18 AM.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Hi there, 13 years since I joined the forum (played before too). I remember when it was called xmen vs street fighter and all that stuff going on with Marvel.

I became a programmer and frankly I don't understand why this project is at this stage still.
I don't really want to dig the forum to seek an answer for these question cuz I prefer discussion, but what's up with TmyApp?

I mean, the project looked nice but I just don't understand why he stopped working on it while continuing to pay for the servers.

Today we have MAME emulators that has online capability and there's a lot of people on it, heck they even play x-men vs street fighter!

What's up with him?
True. your right about 1 thing dude. Those who have emulators such as Fightcade have a huge capacity of active players online, no doubt. With all those accounts that people made, no wonder why it's still popular. These rom games include X-men vs. Street-Fighter, Street-Fighter 3rd Strike, Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes, and even Super Street Fighter 2: New Challengers roms.

Still as the great LiquidSnake stated already, SFO must be on a whole other level in ways that it needs to improve.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #9
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
I mean, how come you can add a character in mugen in 1 minutes and you can't add one in 10 years in SFO?
You and I both know that creating a character for Mugen and programming a character for an old shockwave based engine are two completely different things.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #10
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1179
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando0 View Post
Quote:
I mean, how come you can add a character in mugen in 1 minutes and you can't add one in 10 years in SFO?
You and I both know that creating a character for Mugen and programming a character for an old shockwave based engine are two completely different things.

Based on the statement, probably not.
But good question @bloodstyle .. good question.

But whats up! I'm still around

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #11
Klens
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 65
Klens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enough

I find myself coming ack from time to time, but it indeed does look like its not as active as back in the day. Maybe we all grew up and live adult lives now. I remember when I was in my teens and I could not wait to come home to play SFO I would be up to like 3 am regardless of the state the game is in now TmyApp should get his kudos along with Nferno DarkPaladin and all the old staff because im sure many of us have that memory of this game and I see now they have added characters but no one seems to play like before.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #12
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1179
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klens View Post
I find myself coming ack from time to time, but it indeed does look like its not as active as back in the day. Maybe we all grew up and live adult lives now. I remember when I was in my teens and I could not wait to come home to play SFO I would be up to like 3 am regardless of the state the game is in now TmyApp should get his kudos along with Nferno DarkPaladin and all the old staff because im sure many of us have that memory of this game and I see now they have added characters but no one seems to play like before.

Mostly staff play now, until the ad campaign starts.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #13
RaZor(ink)
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 122
RaZor(ink) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit RaZor(ink)'s Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Quote:

Well I hope the ad campaign starts ASAP. Just can't wait for SFO to be lively as the good old days
RaZor(ink) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #14
Klens
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 65
Klens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enoughKlens will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZor(ink) View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well I hope the ad campaign starts ASAP. Just can't wait for SFO to be lively as the good old days
hasn't been the same since 05-07
I remember I stumbled on this game off another site cant remember tho lol..
where exactly will these ads be live in???
Old 07-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #15
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 766
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Quote:

Ad campaign for an old car with a new color.

I agree 100% with bloodstyle. In all of this time we could have just made a new engine instead of trying to put bandaids on the game and such. We tried the dream goals route to no real avail. Yes we got 4 new characters but they aren't really complete and they are buggy as with almost everything in this game.

I think the only way SFO could ever make a real comeback is with a new engine first and foremost, it doesn't matter how much advertising we do or if we add all the characters into the game, that is not the problem. THE OUT DATED ENGINE IS THE PROBLEM.

put as much Rims, fuzzy dice, tinted windows etc. as you want on this old car, at the end of the day it needs a new engine to compete/stand a chance with other games or even to be up to par with modern online games.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #16
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 170
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Ye everything is free nowadays too. Back in the day SFO was great for what it was; an easily accessible, FREE online multiplayer game in a world where the only free games were single player or MMORPGs. SFO was a great alternative to MAME/MUGEN which were kind of a hassle to set up whereas you could get into SFO easily.

Now everything's free with companys making money off of MTX. Really hard for small games to compete in todays market

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote