SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > RaNdOm iNsAnItY

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Work flamesz Banners, Avatars and Images 3 10-24-2011 06:39 PM
SFO won't work SaitoKojima Bugs and Problems report 39 02-26-2010 11:42 PM
Typical conversation with my mother. azncat RaNdOm iNsAnItY 15 10-20-2008 09:08 PM
New work floaterz Banners, Avatars and Images 4 03-02-2007 01:48 PM

Old 03-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default My typical work day now.

So now with the management change over night 2nd shift is now able to get away with doing nothing but hide in the cooler and talk. So this is now what a typical work day for me consists of now that I work frozen and Dairy and im not a support manager anymore.

Downstack the pallets (2nd shifts job though I understand when the truck comes in late)
Stock everything (Which averages like 14 hours a night to do in 8 hours)
Zone
Prep (ICS Job)
Bin (ICS Job)
Fill eggs (2nd shift Job)
Fill Milk (2nd shift Job)
Make pallets of crates (2nd shift job)
Move all the pallets of milk up to the line (2nd shift Job)
Mop the cooler (2nd shift Job)
Empty Dairy waste (2nd shift job)

Please help me understand what 2nd shift actually even does. I mean this place cannot be that freakin bad to not come in occasionally and see them not doing anything and say "Hey maybe you should do something".

No im serious someone help me understand.....this has got to be the worst job ive worked at and if other jobs wernt offering me less I would take them in a heart beat. I mean seriously I get demoted for productivity but the new support managers dont last more than a month and cant do half of what I did. Then they want me back as support manager and asked me to take a pay cut.

What the hell is this.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: My typical work day now.

its quite simple... its claled leaving everything to the guy.
i was pretty much the fall guy for everything when i worked at metro. somehow people think they will lose their job and decides to put everything ont he fall guy. in this case, you are. so you have to do their job or they will pull together and make you look like the dumb ass when someone askes questions.

really sucks to be the fall guy in that situation.
my father also started doing the work of the othrs until he finally got to his big boss and showed him that it wasn't his job to do. fortunately for him though he had a boss who actually knew what the others job was.

people are like that when you give them hierarchy... they think everyone below them can simply be donated their job. which gives them a lot of free time.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #3
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes, when you sincerely hate your job, it's time to go.

Sometimes, when you do not receive the help needed and are overworked, it's time to go.

Liger, consider leaving the job even if it pays less. If you can get two easier jobs that will help average out what you're losing if you leave Wal-Mart, maybe consider that.

Not saying it's a bright idea, but consider it.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

go back to school and blow a couple grand so that you can be doing the exact same thing with a special piece of paper
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncat View Post
go back to school and blow a couple grand so that you can be doing the exact same thing with a special piece of paper
Funny because everyone who works there has done that.

Quote:
its quite simple... its claled leaving everything to the guy.
i was pretty much the fall guy for everything when i worked at metro. somehow people think they will lose their job and decides to put everything ont he fall guy. in this case, you are. so you have to do their job or they will pull together and make you look like the dumb ass when someone askes questions.

really sucks to be the fall guy in that situation.
my father also started doing the work of the othrs until he finally got to his big boss and showed him that it wasn't his job to do. fortunately for him though he had a boss who actually knew what the others job was.

people are like that when you give them hierarchy... they think everyone below them can simply be donated their job. which gives them a lot of free time.
Nope I am not the fall guy. I am at that position where they will never fire me. Demote me yes as they have already done but never fire me.

I have had incidents where ive cussed out the overnight manager infront of everyone but the store owner comes in later and yells at him too and tells him not to write me up. They know full well they cant afford to lose me.

Also they have been trying to get me to take their new Co store manager position and my conditions are only if im in charge of night shift.

Quote:
Sometimes, when you sincerely hate your job, it's time to go.

Sometimes, when you do not receive the help needed and are overworked, it's time to go.

Liger, consider leaving the job even if it pays less. If you can get two easier jobs that will help average out what you're losing if you leave Wal-Mart, maybe consider that.

Not saying it's a bright idea, but consider it.
Its not that I hate my job because I love what I do. I just hate the people I work for and thats what pisses me off. 1st and 2nd shift can get away with standing around doing nothing at all and if we even did that once we would get threatened with termination. I cant stand any of the 1st or 2nd shift people either because they literally try to say they work more than we do which is simply untrue. One told me he wanted to come over night and I said if you did that I would make sure you never work near me because all this idiot does is walk around with 1 cart of freight for 3 hours.

Hell just now tonight the manager caught 5 of them standing in Dairy doing nothing an hour after he told them to downstack and instead of writing them up he calls in the department manager and zone manager and yells at them instead of yelling at the idiots standing in the cooler and not doing a damn thing.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Sounds about right
Can't expect amazon quality workers at walmart
Old 03-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
Hell just now tonight the manager caught 5 of them standing in Dairy doing nothing an hour after he told them to downstack and instead of writing them up he calls in the department manager and zone manager and yells at them instead of yelling at the idiots standing in the cooler and not doing a damn thing.
exactly what i just told you... hierarchy is the problem here.
those guys doing nothing they know he will yell at other people.. they are abusing the hierarchy. and your boss seems not to know what he's doing... so yeah, hierarchy problems.

as for what tfist said...
i totally agree, i loved my job at the bell service center.
but i had to go, because i just couldn't help it to hate the supervisors over there who were just trying to make me become a sales man while my true job was to hep people with their technical problems.

sometimes its not th ejob but the people who it just doesn'T click with. at that point its the same thing.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #8
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Yea so Im thinking to just take whatever job i can get. The announcement of the new Wal Mart dress code starting in august made me shake my head. 3 associates quit durring lunch because of it and because they were just tired of the nonsense.

So this is the rediculous dress code for every associate even night shift. I mean we are stocking shelves and climbing ladders and what not and walking in a freezer with ice so keep that in mind when I list this.

Wal Mart vest
Blue or white shirt with a collar
White Dress pants with the white shirt
Black Dress pants with the Blue.....Freakin dress pants....we do manual labor they wont last a week.
Black freakin dress shoes........Dress shoes........are you serious? the accident rate alone will rise because of this.

The other thing is we work at wal mart not the Grand Budapest Hotel. I flat out said in the meeting that this was completely stupid and the person who came up with it never worked a manual labor job in their lives. If they were in that room I would have told them they were stupid. We are all planning on boycotting the dress code by just not dressing in their rediculous stuff.

They provide the vests the only other problem is we have to pay for all these other things ourselves......Im so done with this place. I wont even take that co position at this point even if they beg me to take it.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't take the job too seriously if I were you. Unless you're trying to move up in the Walmart ladder lol
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzie View Post
I wouldn't take the job too seriously if I were you. Unless you're trying to move up in the Walmart ladder lol
I was moving up the ladder then got demoted.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

2 Managers quit. 1 Support and 1 assisstant lol.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
2 Managers quit. 1 Support and 1 assisstant lol.
because of the shoe rule?
are you gonna get repromoted?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
because of the shoe rule?
are you gonna get repromoted?
Well the one the replaced me with quit a couple weeks ago and this long time one quit so now there are no support managers at all overnight at the moment.