SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ SFO's 2KX Ambassadors ] system4 New Features 53 08-22-2010 11:20 AM
SFO's 9th HadokenFreak General Comments & Strategies 22 07-09-2010 12:26 AM
Vip suggestion --(-LeGeNd-)-- Members Help Center 2 04-12-2006 06:28 PM
Suggestion Dark_Ha_Dou General Comments & Strategies 9 01-18-2006 09:09 PM

Old 03-10-2015, 01:20 AM   #1
Bladevampirek
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Bladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura about
Default Suggestion: Team Work for Sfo's Future!

Okay guys this idea hit me today, but ultimately it's going to be up to Tmyapp as to if it goes anywhere. I know this idea has potential tho. Back when Sfo started most of us were talentless children just having fun.
Now Sfo has grown a lot since it was back when we all were children, but due to Tmyapp's Absence ( Which is understandably uncontrollable. ) Sfo is slowly dieing whether we want to accept it or not. The last 3 characters that have been added has pretty much the same or similar movements, which looks like is just variations of the same move or sprites taken from Sakura's attacks to add onto Gambits. The new Updates being added are pretty lazy work when compared to the old updates due to not as much sprites used, or just Variations of similar moves that's already there.
Nonetheless, they are updates which can be appreciated & has giving me hope yet again for Sfo. ( I'm not meaning to sound rude or dishonorable to Tmyapp, I understand that if he has a lot going on in his life updating a game should be pretty far down on the Concern List. ) Especially since the Lack of player's he's receiving nowadays is not a great deal in comparison to when the game use to be updated all the time.
Enough rambling & it's time to get on with my suggestion & see if anyone agrees & or are willing to help if Tmyapp will agree to it whenever he sees this post: A lot of Sfo's Loyal Children which has grew up playing this game use to be talentless yes, but now we have grown into pretty skilled adults (Yes Pretty).... Lol Anyways, we all have different skill sets. I'm a very fast typer which can type 105ish words per a minute, I'm also very good at cutting images from backgrounds using image editing softwares I can also make them quite smaller without that much loss of quality. Why is my typing important? well it speeds up any work that I do on the computer by hours. ( As anyone with Touch Typing Experience will tell you. They could prove it to you if you just followed them around for a day to see how much they got done in comparison to someone without Touch Typing Experience. ) If Tmyapp would just agree to train us for a short while occasionally (Part Time) then let us help him update the game. (He could also train like 5 honorable people & those 5 people could start a new community of game makers by training other 5 people. So on & so on....) ( Or maybe let us help create content to help make updating the game easier for him. ) by telling us the correct sizes (in Pixels ect...) & sending example of the image size he wanted so we could get him other sprites for the same character the same size ect.. Then it could make his life so much easier when updating Sfo. I have crazy respect for Tmyapp & what he has turned Sfo into, but I feel like unless he accepts help from the community then this project will eventually die no matter how many of us old vets still love it. I would hate for future generations not to be able to play & enjoy Sfo as we did. Some of us even have children which we introduced to Sfo. ( I have met a few people which have done this. ) I'm still suggesting sfo to certain people that I meet. It has really made a big impact on me. ( I've played Sfo last night started to have fun again, and then I sit in the lobby for 5 hours late last night ( Yes 5 hours ) without anyone to play with! )

Another big thing that needs to be fixed Asap is how many people gets banned from Sfo. People hate extra work, so if they buy a vip name they expect to keep it. When you or the game itself automatically bans a Username, for a very stupid reason that's a potential player loss. The game needs more wiggle room in the rules area & banning someone for stupid reasons should be bad news for whoever does it. ( Loss of permissions & re-instating the person which was banned. ) I've heard of many people supposedly which got banned just because some of the Admins didn't like them or got mad at them for stupid reasons. If people can't take a little mouth from people in a "Fighting Game" then I'm unsure how qualified they are as authority figures which has the ability to ban or unban. Life is filled with compliments & insults there are other ways to deal with it besides pushing the ban button.
As for me, the reason my username, "Bladevampirek" got banned wasn't from insulting an admin or anything, (We were on pretty good terms as far as my behavior towards them. However because of a simple flaw in my internet which made me use an Ip Anonymizer in order to connect to the Servers I kept getting an automatic ban from Sfo due to Multiple Ips which resulted in the Admins getting tired of pressing the unban button which eventually resulted in my account getting terminated. After this I lost the will to play for a long long time, just dropping in occasionally from time to time to see what's new in Sfo under my new name (G13)Ninja. ( Btw, now my internet issue is fixed so I don't have to use an Ip Anonymizer but without my original name I've gotta admit it's not as fun. - Also without people to play with, that's a real game changer. ) Everyone who has been banned will probably have very similar stories, something small which happened which grew into an ant hill in a very short time which resulted in their ban.
Things like this will keep Users at bay, no one likes a game where they get banned from all the time or can't be who they want to be ( their original name in which they've made friends under ect.. ) ( 6 Months later, **Banned User** Heeyyy it's mee _____ Remember me?? *Other Person* You're an impersonatttoorrr!!! **Banned User** No really bro it's meeeee! See my skills it's meeeee *Other Person* Hmm wow when did you get back to Sfo? I haven't seen you in ages but I still remember your name. ) Lol see my point?
I would like to make this thread a place where people can post & share their skill sets, we need to show our skills that we have within the Sfo Community ( Whether you're a vet or just got here. ) Post whatever skills you have. I know from experience that while making games Sprite editing is very important as well as Background Ripping & Sprite ripping would be invaluable skills for the future of this game. Also Coding, ( If Tmyapp would share what software he uses to create this game with some instructions ) I'm sure he can find several Eagar people ready to help him out that really just needs a few weeks or months of training before they could be serious assets.
I'm also sure that he could find many Free Helpers which has a lot of free time
( or atleast some free time ) on their hands which they could use to help make the future of Sfo a Reality. I truly think it's unfair of us as a community to expect Tmyapp to spend most of his life updating the game for us, it's time that we as a community group together & help him make it even greater than he already has. He would need to view each update or
( Assign someone that knows how he wants it ) to view it to make sure it's like he wants before importing them.
Really anyone who thinks this is a bad idea isn't really thinking it through. If Tmyapp ( Just 1 person ) can create as much greatness as Sfo has became, how can you go wrong with recruiting & training people ( People which are already skilled in different areas )? Seriously it's a ( Win, Win ) for the people since they are learning new skillsets, more experience, & getting to help the future of a game that they grew up with. It would also be great for Tmyapp since he would have less work to do on Sfo & still could reap the benefits of having frequent updates ( More Vip Members would follow I'm sure.. ) as well as a larger community & more daily players!

Also, on an unrelated note: VIP Only Characters Scream to me "Pay MEEEEE!" It's all about the Money. That's not the game that I grew up with. VIP Only characters seem like a bad idea in my oppinion, that's 1 of the things that was great about this game everyone could be everybody Vips only had a few extra moves, you take that away & People (The Non Vip Members) would be screaming unfair, unfair whenever a vip picked a Vip Only Character. & it kind of would be unfair. Right now as it is Non Vip Members can be an almost equal threat to Vip Members if they are skilled enough. Some people even butcher their Vip with the Rage Function just so they can show their superiority against vip members, It's a thing of beauty to see that happen.
Well then, I'm glad that I got all that off of my chest, I hope people read it through & think about everything that I said before showing how fast they can type out a thoughtless comment. I really have a love for Sfo, I guess I show it in strange ways,
( I am pretty strange, but I like it that way. ) Deep Down I love Sfo, not enough to marry it, but I love it all the same.

Have a Killer Day Everyone! & Think about what skillsets you have if you are willing to help in this idea & let us post a library of skillsets for Tmyapp to see & think about.
Sfo Gamer foreva!!!!! (Shiruken!!!!)
Final Thoughts: Yes it would be "Rocky" at the start, but Think about this. We get 20 people trained to work in sync, each person dedicates only 1 hour per a week ( 1 hour!!! ) Within 5 weeks we'll have 100 hours of work into Sfo's Future!!! Or we could continue to do nothing at all & watch our favorite game rot & die in every aspect except faded memories we have in our childhoods... It doesn't really matter to me which way this goes, ( I've kind of lost hope that Sfo will have a bright future; However, this is worth a try!! to attempt to Revive Sfo.... ) I do see a way for Sfo to live if enough people wants it bad enough. I know this is a way!
I'm done with my Pep Talk, It's your move people...

Never Underestimate Your Opponent.....
*Spreads Fangs * hisses.... Get You Later...

Last edited by Bladevampirek; 03-10-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Bladevampirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:54 AM   #2
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: Suggestion: Team Work for Sfo's Future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladevampirek View Post
[B]I've heard of many people supposedly which got banned just because some of the Admins didn't like them or got mad at them for stupid reasons. If people can't take a little mouth from people in a "Fighting Game" then I'm unsure how qualified they are as authority figures which has the ability to ban or unban.
ok I stopped seriously reading right about here...

Nobody... and I mean nobody gets banned without a reason. People get banned because they don't follow the rules, or they try to cheat.

And if you think we don't give 2nd/3rd/4th chances then take a look at some of the current staff members, several have been banned in the past, but have come back and redeemed themselves to the point that they got promoted to staff.

As for TmyApp training people to help him, as you mentioned that is entirely his decision but it is extremely unlikely he would ever do that. This game is his baby, so how he decides to raise it is his decision.

I skimmed over the rest of your post. Some of your ideas are ok, but it seems you've been away for quite some time, and a lot of what you're proposing has already been mentioned and explained over the past few years.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 AM   #3
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I might also suggest you check out the TMC content.

Whilst the staff are unable to provide new content in the form of new characters or helpers, we have been able to help out writing new single player adventures, many which involve creed titles, tints, colors and other features.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

I remember when you made that freddy game, now your talking about dexter. Are you a cereal killer?

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Bladevampirek
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Bladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura about

@xfaderx
Understood, I may check out the Tmc section. Back when I use to play you could mainly obtain Vampire & Lycan Points, maybe a few colors ect.. by defeating other members which were either Vampires or Lycans for the most part. I've always refused to become a Vampire or Lycan with my original name because I felt like I wanted to play sfo without any "Add ons" so that it would be more challenging when fighting other people. I guess Singleplayer adventures could be somewhat interesting, but Singleplayer just feels so limiting. But if that's all that's left that's being updated regularly then I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for reading through my post, I really shared what I was feeling & needed to get it off my chest as well as suggesting some things which I felt could save Sfo. I wasn't aware that other people has posted it before at the time that I was writing it. @TMyApp if he looks over the post & decides he ever wants help for his baby I'm sure he can find many loyal people willing to help him take care of it during the times that he's too busy too.
I think Sfo is like a kid that sort of grew on everyone, and now it's partially everybodies baby, or like our cousins but yeah as we both already stated in our posts, he's ultimately in control over the say so as to whether anybody can baby sit it or not. That's why I suggested him training some people then viewing their works before implementing the updates for the Future of Sfo.
I shall just wait & see if he ever decides to do so. Peace & Goodbye for now.
@-AlphaRiku-
I'm glad my game made an impression on you. Lol To your question, "R U a Cereal Killer?" I am a Cereal Killer I tend to kill Cereal atleast once per a week if the opportunity arises I would especially enjoy killing this kind.

& Alpha-Riku Yes, I am aware of the saying, " Silly Wabbit " Trix are for kids!

Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Oh my... not only is it a wall of text, but its a RED wall of text.

Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
Bladevampirek
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

@Sir Nash
Lol I tried to edit to to black several times after posting. It shows black in the preview; however, it always submits as red when I click save. It must be a glitch. I don't mind tho Red matches my Username.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

first thing first...

TMyApp doesn't want to "teach" people up, it took him years of trainings to get where he is, and it takes him hours just to learn the new codes. if you ever were a coder, you'd know that coding requires daily learning. it changes often and it is quite impossible to learn something and stay there for long. thats why tmyapp doesn't want to teach people.

now tmyapp said it often, when one day someone will show him codes and works done in shockwave, he is very interested in seeing it and taking what can be taken for the benefit of this game. that said, how many people actually took his advice... i'll answer you... none did ! i tryed and would like to still try. but let's face it, he's way more knowable about this then i am. so im pretty sure he'll never take my work as it wont be as optimised as it should be.

second thing..
you think he hasn't even tryed yet ?
he gave us LDC, he gave us TMC, he gave back end access.
we have everything, what have we been doing with it ? what have the consumers (aka you and the rest) been dfoing with it ? the answer is nothing ! coding a game or characters isn't just about ripping sprites, thats the easy part. you want to code every single animations in... thats a lot of work for no reasons. if you'd be a coder you'd know how much it takes to make something.

you talked about the lack of quality, but i beg to differ... everything tmyapp gave us has utmost quality. otherwise you'd have a lot of bugs in gambit and that would be never repaired, now i ask you... whats the difference between the old game back then, and the game today ? the answer is simple... thousands and thousands of coding lines ! that lack of quality you think there is is simply the fact that that some of these lines may have faults. and that the more lines you add, the more chances there is that one somewhere breaks up.

its not just this game, its any software designed by anybody. the more lines you add the more complicated your program becomes. thats a granted. and there is nothing you can do about it.

you say you dont want him to take this badly, but by what i read of your post.... you're doing everything you can to make him angry.

as for your skills...
typing 100 words a minute do not help in coding, coding is not just typing stuff up. its actually understanding and solving problems on the fly. typing is the least of your worries. as i said before, ripping sprites and using paint softwares is the easy part. everybody can do that ! i can do it, most of the staff can do it. most of the community can do it.

guess what happens when the staff themselves ask for help on graphics ?
i'll tell you, nothing, people say they wanna help then the next day its all for nothing.

i think this community showed us its true nature long ago... they wanna play the game and thats it. they dont care for stories, they dont care for updates per say. all they want is to play the game. once they are done playing the game, they are done with it. as fast as that.

PS: not speaking of the few who did gave us more then we bargained for.
you guys know who you are.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
Bladevampirek
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

@SSJKarma
There's no harm in trying to get an opportunity to help further Sfo's future, I've did nothing wrong by that. I do know there is a lot of work that goes into coding things, but you speak of this like it's unlearnable. Everything is learnable with the right instructions. I have seen some coding (Not Shockwave) but coding from a different Game Maker & I know it's very difficult to get bugs out of even the simplest of movements, making a character do something as simple as walking across the screen would take a long time more than likely even with parent objects set up due to having to deal with the collision events from all of the attacks & blocks of his opponents also as well as setting up boundaries in which the player can move so he doesn't drift off screen. Touch Typing would still come in handy for renaming the sprite files, object files ect.. You would mostly have to go slowly with coding processes by using copy & paste actions unless you're lucky enough to have the coding pattern rememberized.
I also know that hours upon hours of sprite editing can take away from your coding time. If he didn't want to teach people coding techniques that's perfectly understandable if he wanted to implement everything by himself. If he didn't have to deal with all the sprites that is a load of work off of him right there. Also if there were a group assigned to just sprite work then there would be more focus on it with more manhours put into it. If those manhours were assisted by Tmyapps Guidance then they would be high graphics close to or right to his standards. As you said we all can edit pictures in pictures or most of us can. This is very true & exactly my point we could keep him supplied with more than enough sprites, & his main focus could be having to focus on only coding.

Enough "Editing" can make you feel like you're going nuts, I know this as well I have dedicated over 100 hours to certain projects within a relatively short amount of time. It can turn into a full time job after a while & begins to be annoying. I'm guessing that Tmyapp feels this way at times. Which is why I'm attempting to suggest things which can make him have less to do. I'm not being the bad guy here.
(No one is being the Bad Guy)
I just believe that there's a lot of unused skill in Sfo that could be put to good use which could help improve sfo in many ways. Humans can learn new things if they have teachers & if we all love this game then we could help manage it better by learning even a small percentage of the new things. (Right now Tmyapp is a one man army working on Sfo.) That's amazing on it's own it's no telling how many 100s of hours he has put into Sfo.
Even if someone went out and learned shockwave, we would still need to know how Tmyapp set it in his game, his game making style in order to understand how to edit it. Whether you're experienced in it or not you'd still have to study his source files.
----
I played the Gambit Storyline all the way through before you even wrote that post
Due to XfaderX suggesting that I take a look at the Tmc Content. I feel like it was nicely put together, looks like it will be a part two to the story by the way it ended. Gambit's sprites are done a bit better then it looked from vsing him in a multiplayer match. moves still feel way more limited or basic than the other characters tho in my oppinion.
Of course it's funner playing multiplayer tho for me, it always has been for pretty much everyone. There are a few people who love singleplayer storylines, but I think most people enjoy multiplayer stuff. Tmyapp wants to bring a big community to Sfo, that's obvious.
I never claimed to have a % of the knowledge that Tmyapp has, I do believe however that his knowledge can be passed down if and when he wanted to. Even in bits & pieces to a large group of people could help some may seem like nothing, but it would help.

Last edited by Bladevampirek; 03-10-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb Re: Suggestion: Team Work for Sfo's Future!

Do you even paragraphs? At least make use of paragraphs dude.

But in response: almost everything you are saying has already been mentioned and discussed at length many times, so discussing these things again is like beating a dead horse. I do agree with some of your points though such as, a lot of talent in this community has not been utilized whether its graphics, web design, etc.

In the end, we've all come to accept that its his game... and ultimately his way of doing things. Then again this game/community has withstood the test of time under his way of doing things. So this fact also has to be kept in mind.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 03-10-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

After reading your thread, @Bladevampirek. All I gotta say is this:
As far as your in-game name goes, I noticed your already rank 2 when playing with your pal, g13(ijin) as well as other players you were facing. Didn't you even notice I was on a player account (experimenting), when you entered dwx server last night?

Also, what xfaderx is trying to tell you, bladevampirek is that certain things on sfo have changed since you were last here, so I guess do a follow-up to know what you have missed, feel me?

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote