SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SFO Cinema 2017 blockattack General Comments & Strategies 41 07-21-2017 02:08 AM
[SUGGESTION] 2017 Hall of Fame & 2017 Street Fighter Online Awards LegendaryLucci General Comments & Strategies 6 05-20-2017 07:06 AM
NBA 2017 Playoffs LegendaryLucci General 6 04-18-2017 04:42 PM
Hosting on SFO 2017 TotalReincarnation Members Help Center 1 03-18-2017 06:29 PM

Old 07-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 618
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about
Default Hip Hop 2017

It started out with Chris Brown and Soulja Boy suppose of been fighting in the ring, that didn't happen. Soulja Boy humbled himself and started beefing with other artist, then we had the commercial break gossip with the beef between two friends Ciara and Nicki Minaj beef, allegedly Nicki Minaj was recording music with Future and it was said that Nicki Minaj was messing around with Future doing the process of Ciara and Future divorce, and now their is shade between Ciara and Nicki Minaj.

Then you have the talk of 2017 Remy and Nicki Minaj, Remy claimed while she was in prison locked up Nicki was shading Remy real hard and stole some of her jail tweets, then out of no where we had SHETHER, which many people believe killed Nicki Minaj self titled Queen of Rap title. Then we have The Game coming for Meek Mills real hard, and The Game going at it with Safari.

There are so many storylines going on but my question is which storyline caught your attention the most?

Right now I'm focused in on Jay-z took all of Nas old music and made it into his own without giving props & recognition to Nas.

His whole career belongs to Nas and Biggie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg

Last edited by LegendaryLucci; 07-08-2017 at 09:51 PM.
LegendaryLucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1475
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube
Default Re: Hip Hop 2017

What music did Jay take from nas?

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

He used some of Nas 98 lyrics, a lot of music over the past 3-5 years was a bunch of biggie lines, and the beats for 4:44 was samples from different eras of music. Nothing he did on that album was original.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLucci View Post
He used some of Nas 98 lyrics, a lot of music over the past 3-5 years was a bunch of biggie lines, and the beats for 4:44 was samples from different eras of music. Nothing he did on that album was original.
How much of hip hop is borrowed? Nearly every hip hop song contains a sample of some sort, or a borrowed hook concept or melody. I guess though.

Magneto

Old 07-08-2017, 06:18 PM   #5
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~Blaze View Post
Quote:
How much of hip hop is borrowed? Nearly every hip hop song contains a sample of some sort, or a borrowed hook concept or melody. I guess though.
I agree but Jay-Z act like he does everything on his own when he use other people material, he never credit nobody for anything he uses that doesn't belong to him. Jay-Z is a snake.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
I'm not a biter, I'm a writer for myself and others
I say a B.I.G. verse, I'm only Bigging up my brother
Bigging up my borough--I'm big enough to do it
I'm that thorough, plus I know my own flow is foolish
So them rings and things you sing about, bring em out

Magneto

Old 07-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not a biter, I'm a writer for myself and others
I say a B.I.G. verse, I'm only Bigging up my brother
Bigging up my borough--I'm big enough to do it
I'm that thorough, plus I know my own flow is foolish
So them rings and things you sing about, bring em out

Lol, Jay name could not go on no top ten list ever, he Eddie Gurerrero his way, Lied, Cheated, and Stole his way to the top.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
(-ReckonCrew-)
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
(-ReckonCrew-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing shocked me more than when Remy Ma bodied Nicki with SHETHER Lol Don't say you the "Queen of Rap" but can't back it up... Don't bring up sales or billboards because Remy was locked up for 7yrs which made Nicki on top of everything during the "female industry" so she had no real competition.

Then you got the whole Nicki and Meek throwing shade at each other for whatever reason that is lol (I believe Meek was spilling tea to Remy about Nicki's transplants)

Then you have the whole Joe Budden and Migos disagreement which damn near escalated into something big at the BET Awards lol everything's a mess in the music industry
(-ReckonCrew-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #9
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 160
Usurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I agree but Jay-Z act like he does everything on his own when he use other people material, he never credit nobody for anything he uses that doesn't belong to him. Jay-Z is a snake.
word i hear this same thing alot .. jay-z had been known for people ghostwriting for him and him use'n or borrowing other music and then after all this, he run around like "im the greatest" when hes more of a create-a-rapper

^^Live Ranking^^
|Elite Vip, Sep 2006|1st Place Event Winner, July 2017|Elite Vip, June 2017|1st Place Tourney Winner, Aug 2017|S.F.O. Patriot, Aug 2017|Official SFO Rapper, Aug 2017|SFO Moderator, Sept 2017|Outstanding Member, Sept 2017|SFO Color Crew |*****-****** *** *******|
Usurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #10
Symphonic

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
Symphonic is an unknown quantity at this pointSymphonic is an unknown quantity at this pointSymphonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It started out with Chris Brown and Soulja Boy suppose of been fighting in the ring, that didn't happen. Soulja Boy humbled himself and started beefing with other artist, then we had the commercial break gossip with the beef between two friends Ciara and Nicki Minaj beef, allegedly Nicki Minaj was recording music with Future and it was said that Nicki Minaj was messing around with Future doing the process their divorce, and now their is shade between Ciara and Nicki Minaj.

Then you have the talk of 2017 Remy and Nicki Minaj, Remy claimed while she was in prison locked up Nicki was shading Remy real hard and stole some of her jail tweets, then out of no where we had SHETHER, which many people believe killed Nicki Minaj self titled Queen of Rap title. Then we have The Game coming for Meek Mills real hard, and The Game going at it with Safari.

There are so many storylines going on but my question is which storyline caught your attention the most?

Right now I'm focused in on Jay-z took all of Nas old music and made it into his own without giving props & recognition to Nas.

It is important to realize that hip-hop is a business. Do you want to know why Jay-Z got more recognition for saying what Nas has been saying for many years? He has money, and money equals power. Why do you think major companies promote fights the way they do? Why is Conner McGregor fighting Floyd Mayweather? People feed off stupidity, and whatever wave (trend) is going on within the world. That is why Jay-Z released that album; this is the era where everyone thinks they are "awake," yet bought his album to listen to what Nas has been preaching his whole career. It is sad, but it is a business, you have to be smart. I am sure none of the "beef" that goes on in the rap game is real, they probably call each other and play out the whole thing; it is all to make more money.

That is just my opinion.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #11
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
Quote:
It started out with Chris Brown and Soulja Boy suppose of been fighting in the ring, that didn't happen. Soulja Boy humbled himself and started beefing with other artist, then we had the commercial break gossip with the beef between two friends Ciara and Nicki Minaj beef, allegedly Nicki Minaj was recording music with Future and it was said that Nicki Minaj was messing around with Future doing the process their divorce, and now their is shade between Ciara and Nicki Minaj.

It is important to realize that hip-hop is a business. Do you want to know why Jay-Z got more recognition for saying what Nas has been saying for many years? He has money, and money equals power. Why do you think major companies promote fights the way they do? Why is Conner McGregor fighting Floyd Mayweather? People feed off stupidity, and whatever wave (trend) is going on within the world. That is why Jay-Z released that album; this is the era where everyone thinks they are "awake," yet bought his album to listen to what Nas has been preaching his whole career. It is sad, but it is a business, you have to be smart. I am sure none of the "beef" that goes on in the rap game is real, they probably call each other and play out the whole thing; it is all to make more money.

That is just my opinion.
he's an illuminati puppet.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

"I say a BIG verse, Im only Bigging up my brother" - Hov

I ain't read any of the posts except that shot at Hov in the initial post.

how could you say Hob borrowing ish from Nas when Hov has lived everything he is stalling about and on top of that he dint even write his lyrics down. Yall always find something to say rather than appreciate greatness. Yall love being more deama/gossip fanatic of rap fans than avid listeners

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #13
_Duce-Is-Back_

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 129
_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough

I find it funny how people always say illuminati[basically popularized by Tupac], a man who didn't even believe in the illuminati. That's the reason he put "KILLuminati" in part of his last official album, because he was going to put an end to that. I find most people that believe in secret societies are intellectually lazy or tend to be sort of lazy in general. There is no secret society out to get black america, there are law makers,senators, and what not that make and pass laws that affect us every day. Instead of getting involved in politics[especially at a local level] most people would rather sit back and say "but ..but..lloominatty"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItTahaVdsa8 <From the man , Pac.
Start @ 1:45 and watch from then on.

But to the initial post. Nas/HOV are basically two sides of the same coin. They're very similar in a sense.
From their rap style, to their demeanor[calm and collected] and both knowledgeable and spit game. Nas has been spitting that stuff for a while true, but he's not as big as JAY, nor has the same amount of wealth as Jay. It's one thing to give game. It's another thing to give game, and to show and prove. So of course Jay is going to get more attention. I think Nas is much better lyricist[but that's neither here nor there]. Kendrick was really the one who really started bringing back Conscience Rap to the forefront.

To pimp a butterfly was full of gems..Edit: Actually Untitled Unmastered..both full of game.

"(What did the Indian say?)
"A piece of land"
That's what the Indian said—I needed to man
Telling me longevity is in the dirt
Should buy some property first
Should profit a better dollar with generational perks
Equity at his best, really, you should invest
These tangible things expire, don't you expect
Income with so much outcome and yes
Look at my heritage, we blessed"

Last edited by _Duce-Is-Back_; 07-09-2017 at 02:24 PM.
_Duce-Is-Back_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #14
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

That excerpt actually came from that untitled unmastered album. But that's my favorite song off the album.

Magneto

Old 07-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #15
_Duce-Is-Back_

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 129
_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough_Duce-Is-Back_ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That excerpt actually came from that untitled unmastered album. But that's my favorite song off the album.
Yeah I actually realized my mistake after that haha so my fault on that.
Yeah, the live version is way better than the studio version

As for newer stuff. I like Future[been listening to him since Pluto], Conway, Westside Gunn, Knxwledge, some lil yatchy and Migos. Migos has been going hard for a while

Last edited by _Duce-Is-Back_; 07-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.
_Duce-Is-Back_ is offline   Reply With Quote