Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #51
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ SFO 1.9F - RELEASE INFO ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Not to ruin your discussions, but to all of you asking for more character tweaking, you are focusing on the wrong things.
when these people get something in their mind is a chore to convince them other wise.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 12-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #52
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Fixing the problems and bugs now is always better than adding new content.

What good is new content if its still buggy/ broken?

I rather have the game "completely fixed" than new content., even if that means a new character not arriving.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #53
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

The way the game is now.... I wouldn't mind having a new char with the current bugs. As long as the new char doesn't come with sak and bis bugs.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 12-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #54
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ Probably wont, but the new character would rise more problems for...

Bug fixes for that Character
Damage/Speed adjusting
Colors for that Character
Implementing a new "DWX" to introduce the character (I believe)
Removal of a Helper (if the New Character is Previously a Helper)
VIP "Alter Ego" / Fallen To Rage (Meaning you can rage in and out with said character)
Vindicated Move Extras, (Extra special possibly, and more smoother move displays)

ALL THAT EXTRA WORK.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #55
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Adding a new character is more then years work at this point.

so.... you'd be willing to give him a full year without updates, a full year without doing anything, a full year with those esky bugs you guys passed all your time talking about. just to get a whole new very buggy char that will worsen the game mechanics even more ?

sorry, but as a game designer myself, or at least trying to design a game... Fixing Bugs always comes first. Could you imagine SF4 coming with thousands of bugs and then them not fixing any of it and just adding more and more content. without them ever fixing any bugs ? sorry but the game wouldn'T be playable as it is now.

now, TMyApp is a one man programmer. for the last two years he has had a lot of problem trying to keep up. to a point where he had to "beg" for help on a forum. that alone should tell you that the creation of a character would probably take much more then a full year now. so just to have "new content" you are willing to stop game updating for at least 2 year ?

sorry, in 2 years without single update this game almost died. so no im not willing to wait for that to happen again just so you could play a buggy char.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #56
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Yeah let em keep updating and adding new smaller content and lets keep those color contests and screenshot contests going etc..bring more players to the game, higher donations..and im sure a new character will make its way eventually.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
Old 12-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #57
TheKnight1203
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 127
TheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura about

what move is that?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #58
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

a move that is now fixed, earlier in this thread Paki showed a video with most of the SFO bugs, dig up the video and see for yourself.

its fixed now.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #59
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Lolololololol @ fixed... It was just completely removed. Ken don't even got a forward punch no more.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #60
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku View Post
Yeah let em keep updating and adding new smaller content and lets keep those color contests and screenshot contests going etc..bring more players to the game, higher donations..and im sure a new character will make its way eventually.
^^^agreed eventually a new character will come in the game as the smaller updates and content keep coming. for now its not best to get a new character

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #61
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

Isn't there anyway that this whole 'hosting' method can be fixed so that anyone can host ? even if it takes a little more time it would be a good 'investment' because that will increase/retain activity for the long haul.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #62
Sir Nash
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Hahaha, my bad... I shouldn't have mentioned a new character. That's not the point of my post. I am fully aware it would months or even a year for a new character to be fully implemented and fit in the realm of SFO for the reasons some of you stated.

"New content" does not mean a new character.

Besides I am pretty sure TMyApp already "started" working on Gambit many moons ago as far as characters are concerned, but correct me if I am wrong.

He's always updated the game, while using whatever spare time he had to slowly work on a character or i.e: DWX. This is how it's done, you don't disregard updating the entire game and focus 100% on adding a char or 1 specific thing. ( coughs * coder here, so I know * coughs * )

Also you guys should remember when it comes to bugs: whenever TMyApp fixes something, he's unintentionally adding bugs else where in the engine, therefore you can never have a 100% bug-less game, especially online multi-player games with hundreds of players button smashing (yes I know some of you know this ).

Ughh I am rambling, my point is; you guys can keep asking him to fix this and that, which also takes time, but don't forget the goal, which is adding new content to a game that desperately needs it, whatever that content may be. Fixing bison or character x is not crucial right now, these characters are playable and work.

Anyway just saying... carry on. Sorry to raise some of y'all's blood pressure
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #63
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

First you didn't raise anyone blood pressure, at least i know mine wasn't...

the other thing you seem to forget, is that what "new content" means to a fighting game.
so the question that gets in my head, is what is new content to you ? cause as far as i know, we got awhole New Bison AI. which is as far as i am concernd, whole new content to me, cause we now can make bison more of a vilain then he already was.

Also, when TMC got introduced, about only 10% of the people seemed to be interested, even though at least 50% of the members were wanting the feature to begin with. TMC was also created for us to bring you content. which as far as i am still concerned, we have done over the last two years. content that many of you, including you i guess... isn't happy about cause its not "new content" like you say. reguardless of it being a whole new never before seen content.

you seem to think tmyapp worked on gambit for years... but in all reality, gambits work is actually 0% and tmyapp once said it himself a few years back when the last character poll was made. you seem to think he works on characters even though nobody even voted for the one he wants. so let me ask you something... why would he work on a charcater he's not even sure people want ? i already know that you're gonna say gambits been wanted for years on end.... but reality is, he gets outvoted every single time to the point where gambit is nothing but a joke at this point.

again picking on other "FEATURES" that were added...
TLF helpers, people wanting helpers that do something else then stay on screen. something tmyapp was fine working on because he loved the idea of working on semi characters that could eventually be added to the game. again that feature was welcomed to SFO for 2 weeks, after that people started playing without helpers. just because supposedly the TLF were too strong.

now we got people playing none of the modes we have, the only one being th emost popular "unvind" because nobody likes to add forces to the characters. so no vindication, no raging, no vip moves... thats how people play it. at that even worse, no helpers at all. always putting it to 0.

so let me ask you again...
Why would tmyapp work on "new content" that nobody wants to begin with ?
so that means... he wont be doing new stories... thats our job and right now those stories only attract likes 1% of the members. he wont work on helpers... again only about 5% uses them. he wont be working on new modes of play... only 1% uses other then unvind mode. knowing all this, how much more "new content" does it leave him with aside AI, Characters and the networking code ?

go ahead describe me your definition of "NEW CONTENT"
becomes somehow that definition changes for each people.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #64
AlphaBee

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 232
AlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enoughAlphaBee will become famous soon enough

if Tmyapp did have to select 1 new character to put on sfo it would be charlie.

but I still would like to see blind picks in the near future maybe next year who knows.

Compliment by writers :O

Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #65
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ First of all tbh we would all vote on the next character, and Either Storm or Magneto would win tbh

If he had a choice to pick, it would prob. be Captain America, since he would be the easiest to put in the game IMO.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #66
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Meh, I always play fully vindicated on no-rd mode, unless I'm playing another old school player who requests it unvind.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #67
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

What tells you that he would chose him ?
as far as i am concerned charlie isn't the kind of char he would picks considering when he did chose himself, he came up with cyclops. and said thats because its his favorite charcater.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #68
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 188
Shadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really nice
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

hmmm. I believe that SSJKarma has a point *2nd post page*. It's safe to say that these days it's all about what ppl like and enjoy. Why?... because of the modes, hosting, characters, and lag that takes place here on SFO.

Also, I agree with the fact that even if a new male/and or female character got added to the game by tmyapp, how can you be so sure that anyone gonna use it? Then complain, belly-ache, about spam, moves, colors, etc;? Which is why all this voting & hype about gambit getting added is a no-no. I was suggesting iceman get added (due to image picture shown in character selection screen), but clearly in the end is a no-no either. I am not saying its a bad thing but... clearly, its not just 1 person or me, you gotta think about the others? and how would they feel about that?

To me, i think that things should stay the way they are. Continue with everything else (including getting rid of most bugs) that's going on and find ways to welcome newcomers to the world of SFO. I feel that the only thing im suggesting now is: creating a better hosting & dedicated server ability for everyone (to avoid wait times on ppl.)

IGNs: Wol-Spi-Ryu/Runney/Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018/2019
Game Modes: Zero-E/Unvind/XvsSF
1st SFO Clan Joined in 2003: (TRG) Terror-Rage-Gangz
Characters: Wolverine/Spidey/Ryu/Ken/Cyclops/Cyclops/Ryu

Old 12-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #69
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxar View Post
hmmm. I believe that SSJKarma has a point *2nd post page*. It's safe to say that these days it's all about what ppl like and enjoy. Why?... because of the modes, hosting, characters, and lag that takes place here on SFO.

Also, I agree with the fact that even if a new male/and or female character got added to the game by tmyapp, how can you be so sure that anyone gonna use it? Then complain, belly-ache, about spam, moves, colors, etc;? Which is why all this voting & hype about gambit getting added is a no-no. I was suggesting iceman get added (due to image picture shown in character selection screen), but clearly in the end is a no-no either. I am not saying its a bad thing but... clearly, its not just 1 person or me, you gotta think about the others? and how would they feel about that?

To me, i think that things should stay the way they are. Continue with everything else (including getting rid of most bugs) that's going on and find ways to welcome newcomers to the world of SFO. I feel that the only thing im suggesting now is: creating a better hosting & dedicated server ability for everyone (to avoid wait times on ppl.)

Yeah man listen to this guy ^ good points about the character.

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #70
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I'm sure we'd all love SFO hosting to work the same as SFX does, with dedicated hosts etc, but unfortunately due to the old engine that its running, I doubt very much that it will be possible... until SFO 2.0 comes along.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #71
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Good update. Just keep improving the mechanics of the game screw a new character for now.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #72
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1173
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

The update was awesome, but why was Ryu's crouching HP slowed down? Did members actually vote to get it changed? Because I never saw any reason it would need to be nerfed.

If anything Ryu/Ken/Akuma's crouching mp speed needs to be reduced...

P.S also on that note, it was ONLY Ryu's cr.mp that was nerfed...not Ken or Akuma's...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 12-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #73
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1498
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Magneto in next update. You all will die free.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #74
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

we all know Gambit was meant to be the next character... although TMyApp always said that adding a character that was already a helper was easier to do... in that case, Blanka would be nice
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #75
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ TLF helpers won't ever be characters. He did too much to make them semi useful/less as character/helpers...

Top 3 for next characters

Captian America
Gambit
Storm

IMO
Closed Thread