SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy 1 Year Anniversary UG Master_Jay General 8 01-03-2009 08:07 PM
1 Year Anniversary asshole RaNdOm iNsAnItY 11 10-24-2008 04:28 PM
4 Year Anniversary system4 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 25 06-10-2008 07:53 PM
[ SFO - 5th Year Anniversary ] TMyApp General Comments & Strategies 106 09-02-2007 12:23 PM

Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: [ 2k8 - 7 Year Anniversary Release ]

1.7g, aka: SFO's 7 year Anniversary Release is here at last ... and ... and you might have guessed it ... it's a "bug squash"

... a ton of bugs were fixed (naturally) ... forget how many exactly were added though ... so let's just say it's somewhere between 1 and ... 10,000

and since it seems like each time i make this particular thread i just cut-n-paste the version update info ... how about ... if you are interested in the complete list of the changes ... simply head on over to the game and press the "version info" button ... simple ... right ??

now if you're looking for one of my usual rants ... (who am i kidding ... we all dread them ... right ?? ... me writing ... you reading ... you bitching ... me banning ... repeat the above 20 times a week over the period of 7 years ... and ... you can probably figure out of why i'm reaching for a bottle of pain killers right about now)

so ... the usual rant is indeed coming ... but... not tonight ... (it's a weekday after all ... and normally all SFO updates are done right before the weekend) ... but what i will answer is the most n00b-like complaint which is about to be asked and/or posted 50 times over again in the next few hours:

"like TMyApp'z ... dudez, i thought TMC was coming out ... or Chapter 8 or somtin' yo'z ... like ... dubya tee eff you lazy arse' ******* you"

... not quite sure how many times over the priod of 7 years i should be repeating this ... but.. here it goes again

1: all major SFO events are announced at least 1+ month ahead of their final release (that way i don't have to read the "yo TMyApp'z ... like ... i missed DWX cause i was asleep for 2 weeks" emails)

2: while the exact release dates are NOT known most of the time ... the second they are known, they will be posted in the loading screen of the game ... which in turn brings us to:

3: all SFO release dates are "written in stone" ... yes you have to wait before you know them ... but ... when you are told something is going to happen on the X date ... it does ... no matter what ...

... that's it ...

feel free to post comments ... and/or complain ... and/or reflect on the last 7 years ... (although you should probably hang on to that one ... until my "7 long years" rant is finally posted later this week ... or so i hope )

**** UPDATE:

1.7h has just been released

on top of being tweaked, the new "easy jump" system can now be turned off in the settings menu of the game (in the "other" section)

and to top that off, various performance improvements have been added to the game, that should aid in execution of moves and/or offer higher FPS on slower computers.

... and now ... you may continue your bitching

TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 11
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: [ 2k8 - 7 Year Anniversary Release ]

It's 7 already? DIdn't even noticed lulz. Nice on the update yo.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

I agree, time flew. And I know what your going though TMyApp.
EvilAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
avatar~killer is an unknown quantity at this point

7 Long years.
avatar~killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 11
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Hey obvious question you're probably expecting....I can't do specials O_O
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
(-Impulse-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough

7 long years while I have only been not even 4 years for me...=[

August 20 is my 4 year anniversay. Do not worry TMy..I will donate to you all over again. Another 100 dollars flying out of my pockets for this game to live
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
Zetca

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
Zetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura about

Nice Updates, and so.... The dream lives on....

Zetca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

HBD SFO..

I'm actually happy to say.. Vindicated Ken maybe safe to use in tournaments/fights now without critical glitches..
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #9
Oblivion_Blade
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Oblivion_Blade is an unknown quantity at this point

nice updates

Tournament Acchivements
Legend Of Ryu III 3rd Place
Master Of The Immortal Fates Top 4
MOMM Sent Division Finals
Oblivion_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #10
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (PENZEL @ Aug. 07 2008,00:10)]Hey obvious question you're probably expecting....I can't do specials O_O
word penzel and to me the game got faster and let's not forget the hyper jumping, I was just jumping all over the place like a damn monkey LOL. To me this update was just a teaser, I'm still gonna wait for the "real thing".
Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Do not worry TMy..I will donate to you all over again. Another 100 dollars flying out of my pockets for this game to live
Nothing personal but no need for that here and its a donation for a reason, the way you said sounded more for attention sake.

Congrats TMy on keeping the game alive for 7 years and dealing with all the "bitching" and other problems *looks below my sig*

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]1: all major SFO events are announced at least 1+ month ahead of their final release (that way i don't have to read the "yo TMyApp'z ... like ... i missed DWX cause i was asleep for 2 weeks" emails)

2: while the exact release dates are NOT known most of the time ... the second they are known, they will be posted in the loading screen of the game ... which in turn brings us to:

3: all SFO release dates are "written in stone" ... yes you have to wait before you know them ... but ... when you are told something is going to happen on the X date ... it does ... no matter what ...
I'm going to keep that quote locked away for any "surprise" events

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #12
HadokenBoy

Post Thanks / Like
HadokenBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking forward to way more
But...

This is better than nothing :/
HadokenBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #13
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Well. Hadoken no major event was "announced" - so you assumed much more would occur, when they never really said it would.

Really this is the bug-squash year, Christmas: bug squash, Anni: bug squash
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #14
guitarrocker
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thedesktops @ Aug. 07 2008,00:24)]HBD SFO..

I'm actually happy to say.. Vindicated Ken maybe safe to use in tournaments/fights now without critical glitches..
I sure hope so.. Bugs away!
guitarrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #15
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

at least sfo is hopefully going to run smoother
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Indeed 7 year flew by really fast.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #17
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy birthday Sfo and TMy i really think you should congradulate yourself nice work keeping sfo up and running for 7 years.

Congrats Tmy you deserve it.

My Latest Work^^
DestinationWeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
aallman

Post Thanks / Like
aallman is an unknown quantity at this point

lasted 7 long years feel nice eh? =D nice job

aallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #19
XxOmny_SakuraxX
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
XxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Tmy, did you get to read the email I sent you last year? =P

HBD, SFO. I'm glad it still runs even though it's not my thing anymore. =O

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How proud would the buildings of rome look like without a single stone?</td></tr></table>
XxOmny_SakuraxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #20
(!-DeMonic-!)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(!-DeMonic-!) is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job..
The game does seem to run faster.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #21
Hallow_Toshiro

Post Thanks / Like
Hallow_Toshiro is an unknown quantity at this point

hurray happy happy birthday to sfo
Old 08-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #22
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 27
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

haha i love bug squashes it's one of my favorite parts about updates, but the only thing i don't l;ike is the superjump update, yes it's to make it easir to jump but it's tooeasy, superjumps when i don't want it too and then when i need to superjump i can't cause jumplock is on -_- but other than that sfo is the best game out there on the internet and i hope it becomes more popular__please excuse my poor grammer/spelling...

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #23
~Fly~

Post Thanks / Like
~Fly~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, very nice updates. All works good for me, but as Vegeta said most of ppl got the same problem with easy super jump.

On my opinion just fix that and all will be fine.

Cheers.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #24
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice update tmyapp..
hardly belive all the years passed by so quickly..
The superjump as many people really should get fixed, as well as spiderman, chunlie kick specials.. it seems rather different to use them
haspinwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #25
DestinationWeaponX
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DestinationWeaponX is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i agree not complain anything but sometimes the super's are reall hard to use as time's =[

But in a overall effort the update was still nice.

My Latest Work^^
DestinationWeaponX is offline   Reply With Quote