SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ Characters Guidelines ] SSJKarma Forum Rules 4 09-24-2017 10:45 AM
[ The Forum Rules ] viper2040 Forum Rules 22 07-12-2017 10:25 PM
war rules SolidSnake76 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 29 05-10-2010 07:51 PM
What are your rules? VmMyinnerdojomV RaNdOm iNsAnItY 2 01-15-2007 05:27 AM

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
TrueSpawn
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
TrueSpawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How come it's against the rules.....

Not that i'm asking for it or anything, but i always wondered why it's such a strict violation of SFO policy to make topics asking to be sponsered. On the one hand it doesnt really affect anyone accept the person sponsering, and also maybe some ppl want to get sponsered dont know how or cant fight in tourneys for whatever reason. Granted there are some ppl who will use it once and never sign on again, but the sponser can take away the perks if im not mistaken. I thought about it when i saw DPX closed the latlest "gimmie sponser" topic.

Yeah so, i guess im just curious why it's something that could get you banned an all.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Dark_Paladin_X

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 143
Dark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the roughDark_Paladin_X is a jewel in the rough

I wasn't here back when the VIP program came out, but i will make an educated guess.

When the VIP's came out, the only way to donated was through a credit card (which is how it is at the moment). Since some people are unforntunate to donate, the Sonsored VIP's came out.

Since some people couldn't donate themself, they would ask people to sponsor them. It probably got to the point where people were all over the place asking to be sponsored and it annoyed the VIP Members, mods and admins. Which might be why the "No asking to be sponsored" rule was introduced.

I KNOW this much, there are people who CAN, but just don't want to and act like they can't... just so they can keep their own money.. which is real sad and desperate. They would go as far as making new accounts and fight people and the beg for sponsorships... trust me, i've seen it and had it happen to me.

What makes it worse is, the people who beg/"ask" for sponsorship don't even care about the reason behind the VIP program (also wich some of the curent VIP Members don't care about either).

The purpose of it is to support SFO since this game make NO income. That is why it's called a DONATION. I hear peopel saying "i paid for VIP, why don't i have my persk?" and others along that lines. NO ONE is making them pay.. they just care about the title, and all the perks that come with it.

Which is the most sikening in my opinion. If someone believes you earned a sponsorship fro them, then they will sponsor you. That's all there is to it... don't beg, it's makes you look desperate..
Old 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
alamgir
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
alamgir is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TrueSpawn @ Jan. 12 2006,4:55)]Not that i'm asking for it or anything, but i always wondered why it's such a strict violation of SFO policy to make topics asking to be sponsered. On the one hand it doesnt really affect anyone accept the person sponsering, and also maybe some ppl want to get sponsered dont know how or cant fight in tourneys for whatever reason. Granted there are some ppl who will use it once and never sign on again, but the sponser can take away the perks if im not mistaken. I thought about it when i saw DPX closed the latlest "gimmie sponser" topic.

Yeah so, i guess im just curious why it's something that could get you banned an all.
The thing is, the chances of a person being sponsered are usually significantly low when a person makes a topic begging for it. It can get annoying when people ask and it isn't really helpful for the person who creates the topic. Put it this way, you wouldn't go asking for money on a forum full of strangers would you? I mean that's pretty much what happens when people ask for sponsership.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:13 AM   #4
TrueSpawn
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah begging for anything is desperate, but i always wondered why a CC was the only way to donate. If there was a way to donate via cash/check/money order, there would be a lot more people who are vips. I think the only flaw in the VIP idea is the fact that it only has 1 way to get it. That's why i never understood why it was so bad to *politley* ask in a topic or something. Cause maybe the person really wants to donate money, but doesn't have a CC. If you think about it, almost anyone can get up $5 to donate and would gladly give it to SFO for the vip status. It's just the paypal only method that makes it impossible for some people to get vip, that's why i can sympathize with someone who asks for vip not out of greed, but more out of lack of rescources. Of course there will ppl that take advantage of people, but maybe some really just want to pay someone else to use they CC in a way. Like they will send someone else the ss in return for the sponsership.

I understand both sides, on the one hand it gets annoying and looks like u are just asking for money...but on the other side some ppl just dont have CC's and maybe wanna either fight 1 person, or a small group of ppl for VIP cause they might not have time or be good enough to compete in tournements.

I still think there should be a way for people without CC's to get VIP status though..that would probly help everyone out to some degree and not make ppl feel like vip is so unabtainable.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #5
blanka09

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 103
blanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enough

hmm... I thought DPX answered your question accurately. Anywayy, the point here is... being a VIP isn't about getting a rank, or achieving something that not everyone else in the game has achieved.

People always, and I repeat ALWAYS forget the driving force behind the VIP program. You should read this page, http://www.streetfighteronline.com/vip CAREFULLY. Read everything TMyApp says there and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

It's kinda sad that every Tom, Jack and Jane that knows someone and knows how to donate some money, just gets away with giving out money for random people and making them VIPs while others don't deserve/earn it in anyway.

Being a VIP isn't about caring or wanting to give, it's about donating to the game, and if you can't donate then there isn't any point trying to attain the VIP level.

It's kinda like if and when you're not old enough to work. Of course you want a steady income that pays like your older siblings and such, but the fact is you're not old enough and you've just gotta wait.

That's the same way the VIP program is. It's not about willing or having the desire to donate, it's about donating to the cause and just helping out one or the other. I can't say for sure where or when sponsorship came into the equation, but what you must realize is that it depends on whoever is sponsoring.

DPX already gave you reasons why asking isn't a good thing, but the reason we accept only Credit Cards is cause it's the most effecient method. Especially with paypal, we can see that someone has donated IMMEDIATELY it happens. It's faster and easier.

Making people send checks and money order would be a lotta hassle and would ultimately cause trouble. You'd have emails with people demanding that they sent checks and we never gave them their VIP membership and all sorts of nonesense.

Of course you can say the same from Credit Cards, but the main point is we can confirm with paypal, but as for checks and money order, we have no control over those and if something happens within the post office or along the way, then I don't know who'll be held responsible. That, unfortunately, wouldn't stop the hate mail from flowing in

So there you have it... it's not really about the desire or the will to donate, but just donating to the game, that's all that matters.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
TrueSpawn
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

dang blanka thanks for that, you really laid it all out with that post man. i think i get where you guys are comming from now..i still think checks/cash/MO should be implemented one day, but i can more than sympathize with you guys on why you dont wanna do it. good shiz man, good shiz.....
Closed Thread