SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Challenges and Tournaments

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master of the fates Bandit04 Challenges and Tournaments 13 07-15-2006 06:02 PM
Master of the fates Bandit04 Challenges and Tournaments 55 07-05-2006 12:33 PM
Master of the fates Bandit04 Challenges and Tournaments 52 06-24-2006 10:30 AM
Master of the fates Bandit04 Challenges and Tournaments 110 06-19-2006 09:23 AM
Master of the fates Bandit04 Challenges and Tournaments 65 06-14-2006 07:02 AM

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Bandit04
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Bandit04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (master of the fates)

<marquee><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Finals</span></marquee>

Introduction: Well folks, this is what we've all been waiting for. It all comes down to this..

News: I would like to welcome you all to the finals. We've started off with sixty-five total participants, and now we're down to the final two. Two participants fled the battle, way before the war started. Who will reign as the supreme master of fate? Time will only tell, as two warriors duke it out in an all-out war based on fate, skill, and "choice"..

------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

Best Of 7 Games
Game Type: 1 On 1 (No Tag)
Helpers: Off
Timer: Off
Start At: Level 0
All Techniques Are Allowed
Rage/VIP: Allowed
Mode: Expert (Only)
Screenshots: Optional
First Host: Determined By Alphabetical Order (Person On The Left)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>The Ultimate Fight</span>

demonwitin /vs./ <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Phinally_Champ Wins [4-0]</span>

Please Read Carefully This!!!

Important Notice: I'll PM the final competitors with the characters seven characters you've selected throughout this entire tournament. You'll have to select one of five (5) possible choices (each competitor will have the same choices to choose from), which will determine the order of the characters you'll use (which varies with your selected list), so choose wisely..

The reason I'm doing this, is so that there will be no "leaking" out the order that you'll use your characters in (your opponent won't know the order). But you must follow the guidelines of your selected choice (so, that basically means that if you don't follow the guideline of your selected choice, then it results in an automatic disqualification). PM me with the choice that you've selected, so that I'll know which order you'll be using your selected characters. If you don't understand clearly/fully, then feel free to PM me before you finish your match-ups.

<marquee><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Contacts</span></marquee>

Format
Name: E-Mail (Time Zone)

demonwitin: cool_dude965@hotmail.com (Pacific)
Phinally_Champ: boxcity@msn.com (Eastern)

Deadline: August 7, 2006 (Monday)

Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
doesnotexist
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
doesnotexist is an unknown quantity at this point

edition lost of inactivity... damn that sucks... anyway... good luck and wish you both the best of luck...

p.s. nice job with the tournament bandit
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Phinally-champ

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Phinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enough

told bandit my dude/people O_O im using i mean everyone should know the only person i use so pick and im ready
Old 07-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
Remedy2003

Post Thanks / Like
Remedy2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

are you flipin serious dawg i been on msn all day waiting for this homie and no show dubya tee eff i didnt come all this way to get kicked out..i been on my damn comp every single day while this guy had specific times he was able to get on just because i didnt post in the damn thread as many times as he did doesnt mean i was in active...wow flipit thats bull man..Real smooth bandit real smooth.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #5
JetLiem

Post Thanks / Like
JetLiem has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yeah but its his job to do it. what happens if someone never comes on. u think they are gonna be delay forever. since ur here maybe its not too late to finish the battle. since the finals didnt even start yet.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
Remedy2003

Post Thanks / Like

yo everytime id get on msn i'd never see this dude he was a no show i even met up with this dude on the forum one day and sent him a message, once again he didnt reply and never replied back to the message...i think it's a little stratagy of his and by god it worked you know phinally is gonna mirk this dude man this is a whack final...what he shoulda did was made this a triple threat match man

Old 07-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Remedy2003 @ July 28 2006,23:31)]are you flipin serious dawg i been on msn all day waiting for this homie and no show dubya tee eff i didnt come all this way to get kicked out..i been on my damn comp every single day while this guy had specific times he was able to get on just because i didnt post in the damn thread as many times as he did doesnt mean i was in active...wow flipit thats bull man..Real smooth bandit real smooth.
Well, he was more active on the forum than you.

He posted at least five (5) times in the topic, while you only posted once (1) (come to think of it, you posted way after the deadline). For tournaments, you have to be more active on the forum (that is, so people can see you and PM you when you're online). If I had to be the judge (which in this case, I am), fussion/demonwitin was more active than you.

In the rules, before this tournament started, I stated "If you're gonna be inactive, then just don't sign up!".

I gave you guys a deadline to finish those matches, and fussion/demonwitin was the only one that replied.

This tournament was on the forum, not MSN.

If you would've caught him online, then you could've PMed him and got the matches over with easily. You both are in the same time zone, so I don't see possibly how you two couldn't get in touch with each other.

You guys make things so difficult, I gave you over a week (possibly two), to get 3-5 lousy matches done. I extended the match-ups to this statement: "Ok, I'll start the finals when these two guys get there matches done". But that wasn't the case (since you weren't getting in contact), so I had to take force by setting a final deadline.

It doesn't take that much time to get matches done man. To be honest, I thought you were gonna win with your Bison versus his Ryu. Matches aren't judged on someone's "Who Would Win" opinion, but by being the most active person and trying your best to get the match completed and over with.

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #8
Remedy2003

Post Thanks / Like

I will correct you oh might bandit i think its wrong you flipsomeone else over who as fault the same amount and way to get here just like everyone else and everytime this homie would post something i i'd post showing that i was still alive and aware of this tournament so dont give me the more active speech...i was son the forum damn near everyday..and come on dawg you know as well as i do on whats about to happen here. poop i seen phinally on more times then i seen this homie and phinally was in my timezone also...so yea...
Old 07-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #9
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

srry to get involved
i find it weird when he could easily ask him on msn to fight him, or get a date to fight...
cuz edition was on msn everyday....
there should be a 3 way or something. cuz it seems weird when edition was on everyday but still count him as inavtice.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #10
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Remedy2003 @ July 28 2006,23:51)]i was son the forum damn near everyday..and come on dawg you know as well as i do on whats about to happen here.
Really, you were on everyday?

Well, fussion/demonwitin was on the forum mostly.

I won't lie though, I've seen you on the forum a "couple" of times.

So, since you say you were on the forum "everyday", why didn't you ever get in contact with your opponent? You could've sent him PM's and e-mails (maybe schedule a date for when you two could get the matches over with?). But that's not the case, because you two never got in contact with each other (which is sad really because you both are in the Pacific time zone area).

For me, I hardly sign on MSN. I'm a hell of alot active on the forums though, which is a strong point for me. It keeps me updated with new things happening in the community (as in our case, tournaments).

Here's the deal. I posted in the "Semi-Finals" thread that there would be a deadline for you two to finish your matches, because you two were taking a mighty long time. fussion/demonwitin replied, which means he was on the forum, and read my message. On the other hand, you did not, and probably had no idea that the final round was starting. I hardly determine activity by posts (since this is my first tournament), but he read the deadline message, which means he was ready to get the matches over with before or during that certain time frame.

What more can I say man? I'm sorry you didn't make it, but being active is a must for all tournaments. If you're inactive, then you get kicked out of the tournament (trust me, I've learned from being in past tournaments). Isn't that how all tournaments are?

But since I'm a nice guy, and I would like to see you and demonwitin/fussion fight, I'm gonna give him the choice to fight you (therefore giving you a chance to claim your spot in the finals). If he agrees, then you two will finish the matches that you didn't complete in the Semi-Finals. If he denies, then you're out of luck.

Unless the administration/moderators say otherwise, then that's my final solution.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
Remedy2003

Post Thanks / Like

We'll it seems im the opposite of you Bandit im not the everyday posting type sure i get online everyday on the forum but i read stuff i dont post everyday..unless its concerning me or something else...wow this would be my first time getting kicked out a tournament for inactivity which ive never been known for and in my eyes still hasnt happened....but i didnt get you message today because i had to work lil homie...and i get off at 5:30pm tommorow so if he does decide to go through with fighting me*which i doubt it* then thats when he'll have to catch me im in Texas so figure it out.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Scenario 1.) Let's say you're in a clan battle..

Question: Can you do clan battles on this forum?

Answer: No, because it's simply not allowed here.

Scenario 2.) Let's say you're on SFO and MSN everyday..

Question: Is there a possible way you can contact someone who posts on the "FORUM", and tell him to get on SFO or MSN?

Answer: Yes, there is. You can post on the "FORUM", Private Message, or send e-mails. Or you could schedule a date to get the matches done, since you are in the "SAME" time zone. If you have PM's on this forum disabled or full, you should learn from this. Your opponent could've sent you multiple PM's telling you to get online, while you were just sitting there (in the shadows) unattended.

Scenario 3.) Being late for class..

Question: If you're late because you don't like the class or don't want to be in it, then can you be excused for it?

Answer: No. You would get a referral immediately. Substitute the word "FORUM" in for class, and you should understand what I'm talking about.

Scenario 4.) You're in the middle of a war..

Question: If someone is on the front line, and you're way at the back, will you most likely get shot at first?

Answer: No. Basically, your opponent stood in the light where I could see him online while you stood in the darkness. I'm the one shooting here, if you think about it..

Same thing goes for tournaments. The "FORUM" is the foreground, while MSN is "A" background. It's not actually the "official" way to contact people (even though there's plenty). It would be much easier to catch each other on the "FORUM" (A.K.A. the home of the tournament) to let someone know you're on.

The tournament wasn't hosted on MysticGaming or MSN. It was on the Official SFO Forum. MG is the background, SFO is the foreground.

The guidelines for tournaments are supported by the tournament hoster, unless the administration says otherwise.

The offer still stands for fussion/demonwitin to finish the match with you, so you're not all out of luck yet. If there are no other questions/complaints/concerns, then let's get this tournament over with.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #13
fussion
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
fussion is an unknown quantity at this point

Bandit me and phinally are both active players. we should get this done in less than 2 days. 3 the max. and to point remendys msn thing. i actually been on everyday on msn. well my msn wasenet on all day. even through i doubt his was. i made sure my msn was on for atleast 1 two maybe 1 and a half hours. i posted on the forums. and went on the game a lot. anyways phinally hit me up bro.
highest mountainast 128 men premilaries.
Redemption semi finals(still goin)
offical dmx:11th/2849
killingspree champion
Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #14
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point

yo fussion not 2 be of topic, but can u run ur torney "redemption" i mean like it was sapose 2 start 4 days ago
Old 07-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #15
Remedy2003

Post Thanks / Like

Phinally wins 4-0 i told you this was a waste of time and a whack finals lol..
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #16
Phinally-champ

Post Thanks / Like
Phinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enoughPhinally-champ will become famous soon enough

yea i won 4-0 gg's

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/f53ee291.jpg ken vs sent

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/a8bd70b9.jpg ken vs ryu

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/438769df.jpg ken vs sent

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/dd87e683.jpg ken vs ryu
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #17
fussion
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

phinally beat me. remendy u his messenger lol? i thought it was 7 fights? anyways damn teleport lag lol. majority of my characters disadvantages.
killingspree champion
Old 07-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #18
Phinally-champ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote (Nferno666 @ Mar. 26, 2006,6:45)
umm it's simple really...a default ghetto blue/green ryu is 60-75 ppl and has to be at least 75%
[QUOTE]

ryu mofo
Old 07-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #19
fussion
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

couf fast computer ken glitch lol. anyways gg. only if youused any other character lol.

Quote (Nferno666 @ Mar. 26, 2006,6:45)
umm it's simple really...a default ghetto blue/green ryu is 60-75 ppl and has to be at least 75%
[QUOTE]

since im 2ed place. dont know how many characters i can get. but colored akuma sounds good.

killingspree champion
Old 07-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #20
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

<marquee>Conclusion</marquee>

Greeting: Well folks, the epic battle has ended, with Phinally_Champ as the champion. His selection of characters were well thought-out througout this entire tournament, and his victory proved that as well. Fate has crowned him victorious, as he selected all of his characters before-hand.

Here were their character order selections:

Phinally_Champ - [Sentinel, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ryu]

demonwitin - [Sentinel, Ryu, Sentinel, Ryu, Sentinel, Ryu, Wolverine]

With that being stated, I give you the five possible choices that made this battle the most decisive in the tournament:

1.) Continuation - Continue the order of your selected characters. Once finished with all of them (when you reach the end of the bracket []), you may use any of the characters in your list in any order that you choose.

2.) Regret - If you wanna use a character that you've used in the past, you have to start off from that character and follow that order to you reach the end of the brackets ([]). Once finished, you can use any character in that list in any order that you like.

3.) Bravery - Select one character in your list, and use it throughout all seven matches. (Basically, just pick one character from the list and do all seven matches with that same character.)

4.) Restart - You can start over from the beginning, and use the characters in that order for the seven matches. (Basically, it means that you'll have to start from your first choice and follow that order until you reach the end of your seven rounds.)

5.) Addition - You may use any playable character for the first round. If you choose this option, you must use your final three characters (the ones you didn't use) in that particular order. Then after that, you may use any character in your list in any order that you want.

Choice Evaluation: Phinally_Champ chose "Bravery" with the selection of Ken, while demonwitin chose "Restart". They both were risky choices, and so were all of them. In the end, it was all determined by whose choice gave them the upper-advantage. And with this stunning victory, you can see that.

Special Thanks: I would like to thank all that participated in making my first hosted tournament a huge success. With that being said, I conclude this segment of..

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Master Of The Fates</span>

Closed Thread