Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Community Greetings

Old 09-10-2014, 07:16 AM   #126
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:
Default Re: Introduce yourself

Hello, I am CiaraSpareNo1, friends call me Sha. Nice to have you here, if you would like to get better or look at some videos on how to play sfo the correct way I would be happy to assist you further. Enjoy your stay.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #127
RyuKenGouken

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
RyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enough

Thanks for welcoming me to this great forum Sha and thanks for the advice but i have been playing Street Fighter ever since Street Fighter 2 came out on the Super Nintendo.However i am always still practicing and i admit i do still need training and i may take you up on your offer i am only a average fighter i would not say i am very good just ok
Old 09-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #128
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuKenGouken View Post
Thanks for welcoming me to this great forum Sha and thanks for the advice but i have been playing Street Fighter ever since Street Fighter 2 came out on the Super Nintendo.However i am always still practicing and i admit i do still need training and i may take you up on your offer i am only a average fighter i would not say i am very good just ok
Okay for right now I will give you some information that you must know before you start your gaming experience in SFO. Street Fighter Online is way different from the Super Nintendo entertainment system's.
1. In this game you cannot use the same moves in a repeated pattern.
- If you do it will not register on your opponent screen. That goes for specials, you must use two different specials for them to register on your opponent screen.

2. Lag plays a big part in Street Fighter Online.
- In recent months we have fell into a bind keeping the game alive and the outstanding members did our parts in making sure the dream never dies, now we have the equipment that will reduce lag dramatically. (Right now, you have to guess where your opponent is on the field because even though they are attacking you from the front it is a chance they're ready to attack you from behind, hit you and moved somewhere else on the field too, but the moves you thought you were blocking and countering registered on your screen, but didn't register on your opponent screen, watch out and make wise choices.

3. Unvindication and Vindication
- Un vindication your specialing ability will be a lot more easier to prevent from happening and your attacks and specials are not as flashy as vindicator. Vindicated moves are stronger and are harder to block, but not by much.

4. V.I.P vs Non-V.I.P
- on the forum they are green, in-game they are brownish-Orange? They're are more advance and harder to dodge, so instead of using 3 specials with one character you can use up to 3-5 specials with most characters, normally having the advantage over the non-V.I.P, Non-V.I.P is the opposite, limited abilities.

5. CREED Wars, Hell fire creeds
- When you enter the main menu in-game, at the bottom left corner you will see TMC you can choose the Hell Fire or Creed Wars to pick your creed we have nutural creeds that reset your abilities back to default, you can choose Lacan, they have the health advantage, what I mean is taking damage would be as bad as if you didn't have the creed. Vampire creed, gives you the strength advantage, dealing a significant amount of damage to your opponent.

In closing I hoped I helped you enough, and your settings located in the menus you can edit your controls to your liking. Hope this helped and good luck.

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 09-10-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #129
RyuKenGouken

Post Thanks / Like
RyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enoughRyuKenGouken will become famous soon enough

Thanks for putting this up for me but are we talking any Street Fighter game online as i am playing Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter X Tekken.Or is this about a game on this forum that you are talking about see when you say Street online which game is it
Old 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #130
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Speaking of SFO.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #131
(-SpideyKing-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks for putting this up for me but are we talking any Street Fighter game online as i am playing Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter X Tekken.Or is this about a game on this forum that you are talking about see when you say Street online which game is it
I can only assume from what you wrote, you've no idea that there is an actual game that this forum was built for lol. The game SFO stands for Street Fighter Online. It is a web based Street Fighter game that has a very unique play style, due to the special kind of "Lag" we have here

You can play the game by going to www.streetfighteronline.com. And yes, Sha's notes were directed at SFO, rather than Street Fighter games in general.

Goodluck buddy and welcome to the forum :-)

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #132
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-SpideyKing-) View Post
Quote:
I can only assume from what you wrote, you've no idea that there is an actual game that this forum was built for lol. The game SFO stands for Street Fighter Online. It is a web based Street Fighter game that has a very unique play style, due to the special kind of "Lag" we have here

You can play the game by going to www.streetfighteronline.com. And yes, Sha's notes were directed at SFO, rather than Street Fighter games in general.

Goodluck buddy and welcome to the forum :-)
Normally you find the game before you find the forum.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #133
RyuKenGouken

Post Thanks / Like

LOL i joined this forum as i play online Street Fighter games on my Xbox 360 did not know the forum was about a game online i will take a look at it though

Thanks for the welcome SpideyKing
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #134
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Because this is a Street Fighter Online forum my friend :-)

And I dont know how you found this forum, BUT, you should follow this link to play OUR game - http://www.streetfighteronline.com/

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #135
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Quote:

And I dont know how you found this forum, BUT, you should follow this link to play OUR game - http://www.streetfighteronline.com/
Perhaps through my "wiki", for the unware, it has been sending y'all some traffic.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #136
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
Quote:

Perhaps through my "wiki", for the unware, it has been sending y'all some traffic.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #137
RyuKenGouken

Post Thanks / Like

I found this forum by simply typing in Street Fighter Online forum and it came up through google anyhow can't anyone join this forum as i thought it was about playing any Street Fighter game online LOL
Old 09-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #138
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Well, street fighter discussion is always welcomed, but, this is a forum for a specific game.

Either way,your welcome to stick around and try it out and look for console gaming competition as well.

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #139
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Look, what you're about to walk in to will be difficult, but don't despair. SFO has been around for many years and its community understands the game-play rather well. The lag might seem unbearable at time, especially if your computer/internet aren't 100% up-to-par.

But damned if you won't enjoy it once you get the hang of it.

The lag makes SFO so unique, as well as the quick button system that turns Mortal Kombat 9 into Mortal Kombat 3, for a reference you can comprehend. Button mashing actually counts in SFO. You have to be pro at it. The keyboard scheme is flawless in every way, and the game-play is as intense as any platform based game just because of the way the speed and lag actually work together.

SFO was molded to be a perfect game for what its engine can allow; it is flawless in its flawed programming because of the care and devotion put into it, and the countless hours of time spent playing by devoted members like Block himself who went on and actually knew what was wrong with it.

There are still many flaws, but in all the community really does take care of it, as well as the devoted staff that knows just about everything about the game, and a coder, who, despite his own personal difficulties and hardships has still found the time to come in and actually fix **** once and a while.

That means a lot to this simple shockwave based game, built by one man, that could really just disappear and no one would really care in the span of the internet. Guaranteed since 2001.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #140
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Welcome!

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #141
blockattack

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf, he's a console player, your lag talk will scare him away lol

Need to contact blocky?

Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #142
RyuKenGouken

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome estset and you are right blockattack i am and have always been a console player i hate playing on keyboards love game pads instead.This game of yours online is not for me sorry about that i will stick to my games on my consoles and i will stick around this place as there is not many i can find LOL
Old 09-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #143
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

I'm gully, the funnest ***** ever to chill with :d

EDITED FOR CONTENT. (Wolfeh)

Last edited by Wolfeh; 09-14-2014 at 11:19 AM.
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:29 PM   #144
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
My name is Wolfy, and I'm an alcoholic.
Wow.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #145
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, wow.

I completely forgot we had this thread already. Not even kidding.

And hi. I'm TitaniumFist.

Use TF, TFist, Fist, Titan, or Titanium for short.

I'm a pretty private person, but can tell you I'm a writer, a guy, black, live somewhere in the Southeastern US, and will be 33 this summer.

I've been with SFO since summer 2006 and joined the staff summer 2007. My IGN is also, you guessed it, TitaniumFist. Found the game when bored one summer and looking for a playable, online version of Street Fighter.

Older IGNs were:

SFOofDOOM and BAHUDAT

Early games were spent in the server practicing Akuma's RD on @Murder-Ink or getting it practiced on me, trying to figure out how to actually pull off wins, and playing storymode. I joined during SFO's peak years (2006/2007), a lot of good memories.

See you around the forum/game, and happy gaming, all.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 05-17-2017 at 10:26 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #146
SBYRD5
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 171
SBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura about

It's good to see all of you again...
SBYRD5 is offline   Reply With Quote