(Light)Ryu
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(Light)Ryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Music central

its not just banging on drums or just playing guitar it needs skill to basically even pick up a guitar and hold it right alot people would say oh playing drums is easy well guess what? its not, u gotta come up with a rythym and remember it same thing with guitar when u hear people playing lead guitar to you all you hear is noise but you admire the talent they have if you were to even hold a guitar if you were play a drum set u would be amazed at how good the pros play them and some guys in a band sing while playing guitar because its hard to play and sing cuz its easy to get confused for example have u seen a person tap their head and rub their belly at the same try it youll see if youhavent done its hard same thing goes with instruments while on the hand rap all it is just words anybody can make lyrics and rhyme i know i can it really doesnt take talent for that ill admit i hear some rappers rap really fast which is talent ill give you that but they dont even have 1/4 the talent rock or any kind of muic with instruments have.u gotta think and reaize that the music rap is all it is just mixed electronic sounds mixed together to make a rythym have u ever seen a rapper hold an instrument and make the sound u move ur head to?

Tournaments
Redemption Thunder Division Champion/Semi Finalist
(Light)Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #77
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
JohnnyBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Light)Ryu @ Aug. 24 2006,16:00)]its not just banging on drums or just playing guitar it needs skill to basically even pick up a guitar and hold it right alot people would say oh playing drums is easy well guess what? its not, u gotta come up with a rythym and remember it same thing with guitar when u hear people playing lead guitar to you all you hear is noise but you admire the talent they have if you were to even hold a guitar if you were play a drum set u would be amazed at how good the pros play them and some guys in a band sing while playing guitar because its hard to play and sing cuz its easy to get confused for example have u seen a person tap their head and rub their belly at the same try it youll see if youhavent done its hard same thing goes with instruments while on the hand rap all it is just words anybody can make lyrics and rhyme i know i can it really doesnt take talent for that ill admit i hear some rappers rap really fast which is talent ill give you that but they dont even have 1/4 the talent rock or any kind of muic with instruments have.u gotta think and reaize that the music rap is all it is just mixed electronic sounds mixed together to make a rythym have u ever seen a rapper hold an instrument and make the sound u move ur head to?
Lol, all explained in one sentence

Anyway.

Alot of rappers player instruments, Lil'jon[Piano][heflipingsucksthough], Common[Piano] Kanye West[Key Board/Piano] alot more i haven't named.

Listen to GOOD RAP, and try to match there poetic lyrics, like Nas, or Common.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #78
(Light)Ryu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

intresting how i never see them play instruments live only on videos which on many music videos things arent as they seem the only person that u may listen to who really has talent is alicia keys which i dont listen to lol

Tournaments
Old 08-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #79
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Light)Ryu @ Aug. 24 2006,16:39)]intresting how i never see them play instruments live only on videos which on many music videos things arent as they seem the only person that u may listen to who really has talent is alicia keys which i dont listen to lol
um.. cus songs differ?

AND because the beat is ALREADY made?

Old 08-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #80
rvca
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
rvca is an unknown quantity at this point

THE USED, thrice , alice in chains, as i lay dying, my chemical romance, LED ZEPPLIN,and JIMI HENDRIX ha those are honsetly my favorite bands.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #81
Cassidy
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Cassidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit Cassidy's Twitter

lol.. All you guy's have different opinion's.. Like I heard JBlaze say that T.I can't compare to the 87-2000 rap.. That's your opinion man.. Some people here might think T.I is the best.. That's just what they think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Listen to GOOD RAP, and try to match there poetic lyrics, like Nas, or Common.
Like that.. Some people might say that Nas or Common suck.. That's what they think.. Nothin' you say can make them think otherwise.. It's just their opinion..

@Keenu2
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #82
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

rock all the way
in my pants

I don't like rap, most of it is about getting sex
i don't know why but clapping really annoys me when its in a song 0.o
Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #83
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Light)Ryu @ Aug. 24 2006,16:00)]its not just banging on drums or just playing guitar it needs skill to basically even pick up a guitar and hold it right alot people would say oh playing drums is easy well guess what? its not, u gotta come up with a rythym and remember it same thing with guitar when u hear people playing lead guitar to you all you hear is noise but you admire the talent they have if you were to even hold a guitar if you were play a drum set u would be amazed at how good the pros play them and some guys in a band sing while playing guitar because its hard to play and sing cuz its easy to get confused
Death metal is NOT music... It's a random beating. Apsolutely no singing ability. Drummers who go so fast they screw up every other beat. Guitarists who have small to no skill... And a lead guitarist who screeches the guitar so that it makes your god damned ears bleed. You want drumming skill? You want good singing? You want incredable guitars? Power metal. Driving heavy metal with rock insturments toned DOWN to the point where you can turn a folk guitar into a slide, or a bass guitar into a new kind of drum. Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, just to name a few, have some of the et music you'll ever hear. Death metal - incohearent screaming that stimulates goths. Power metal - driving hard rock beats and metal riffs using insturments that sound incredable, and singing that you actually can understand. And the guitar is usually better on more levels than you can understand. Songwriting ability... SKILL... Singing... Even better, try listening to Van Halen... Once DLR starts sining... And Eddie Van Halen's guitar screeches in... You aren't escaping for no drug, no one, no thing.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #84
~RD~SHINDSHIZ
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
~RD~SHINDSHIZ is an unknown quantity at this point

lol shaq raps about food.. i consider him a hotdog sells man then a rapper..

1 word ..dipset!!!!
~RD~SHINDSHIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #85
rvca
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
rvca is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (masterbob @ Aug. 24 2006,23:10)]rock all the way
in my pants

I don't like rap, most of it is about getting sex
i don't know why but clapping really annoys me when its in a song 0.o
chi ching
rap dont explain anything all crimanals and no money.
hiphop pop or whatever i can like its like the only music u can dance to lol.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #86
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

I would make a topic explaining that Rappers are very talented... but I will not waste my time..

You have to realize you cant compare Rap to lets say Rock music.. they are basically two different things...

It's like comparing the Navy Seals vs Force Recon.... they both are US forces.. but they are different in many ways.. but they both get the job done....

Rappers.. well not all rappers but the good ones are very talented in alot of areas... Just like some bands are horrible and some are good...

You cant take one rapper or a few rappers and let it be the model for an entire genre of music....

..ok im done ranting..

I like all types of music.. so anything from classical like Wolfgang Amadeus and up...

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #87
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

wooo wolfgang!!!!
yeah classical music is the shizz
Vivaldi rules everyone... don't even try to argue with me -_-

rap like.... that song "trying to catch me ridin dirty" or Get low or whatever... zzzz
I need music that doesn't repeat a few chords over and over
and some rock music does that and they suck 0.o

gothcore!!! bands like 6 feet under who just scream into the microphone with deep gurgling voice... that suucks major ass lol
Old 08-25-2006, 12:43 AM   #88
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

All music died in 2000... All that remains is the bands from the pre-millenia.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:37 AM   #89
wingman101
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
wingman101 is an unknown quantity at this point

music will neva die
Old 08-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #90
smash_em955
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
smash_em955 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah classics r the best like michael jackson music now they rock
smash_em955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #91
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

When someone says classics... You don't say Micheal Jackson...
Old 08-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #92
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ Aug. 24 2006,23:30)]I would make a topic explaining that Rappers are very talented... but I will not waste my time..

You have to realize you cant compare Rap to lets say Rock music.. they are basically two different things...

It's like comparing the Navy Seals vs Force Recon.... they both are US forces.. but they are different in many ways.. but they both get the job done....

Rappers.. well not all rappers but the good ones are very talented in alot of areas... Just like some bands are horrible and some are good...

You cant take one rapper or a few rappers and let it be the model for an entire genre of music....

..ok im done ranting..

I like all types of music.. so anything from classical like Wolfgang Amadeus and up...
Thank you, you explained what i was trying to say, but easier to understand =/

BTW Cassidy, its a FACT lyrics were better before 2001.

a proven fact that rappers rap about the poop no one cares about anymore.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #93
Rey619RvD
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Rey619RvD is an unknown quantity at this point

u kno why would anyone listen to heavy metal
i cant understand half of what thy're saynig

if i wanted to listen to somebody being possesd i would watch the excorsist alittle more often
Rey619RvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #94
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rey619RvD @ Aug. 25 2006,10:57)]u kno why would anyone listen to heavy metal
i cant understand half of what thy're saynig

if i wanted to listen to somebody being possesd i would watch the excorsist alittle more often
LLMFAO.

XD
Old 08-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #95
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Beatifully said, Rey. xD
Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #96
Rey619RvD
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Rey619RvD is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously and i crapped in my pants watching the excorsist and i only listen to heavy metal when i seriously need to laugh

i was at venom's and we truned to this music channel and all i heard was rarararararara

i thought it was sounds of the excorsist

Rey619RvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #97
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Death metal and metalcore are both annoying rambling of incoherent grunts and screams... In stupid voices... Heavy metal has no place in the Rock world anymore...
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #98
Venom619
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Venom619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea those were great times. XD
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #99
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SPIRIT-WOLF @ Aug. 25 2006,11:23)]Death metal and metalcore are both annoying rambling of incoherent grunts and screams... In stupid voices... Heavy metal has no place in the Rock world anymore...
agreed music like that is real bad.

You need to be able to listen to the lyrics and the music....with music like that you can't,i think the same can be said for some real fast techno rubbish.

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #100
(Light)Ryu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

ok when ppl say heavy metal they usually think its all screaming there are different kinds of metal first of all heavy metal isnt screaming death metal is heavy metal is music like metallica pantera iron maiden judas priest none of them scream and you can understand what they say death metal on the other hand is screaming and u cant undersand what they say which is i agree dumb but even tho i dont mind hearing it but it gets annoying sometimes listnting to them scream sometimes so when u say heavy metal i screaming rephrase it as death metal other kinds of metal are thrash metal black metal speed metal(very very talented i might add to play at a very high speed) just to name a few.

Tournaments