SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > RaNdOm iNsAnItY

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[DISCUSSION ONLY] You know the struggle is real when... (_-Kami-_) RaNdOm iNsAnItY 3 02-11-2014 11:59 PM
the xbox live struggle shad0wslayer General 24 05-25-2013 03:20 PM
Struggle of a Legend ~H~Blaze Challenges and Tournaments 13 12-17-2007 11:55 PM
Struggle Of a Legend ~H~Blaze Challenges and Tournaments 47 11-29-2007 10:53 AM

Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Talking the struggle of today's generation...

bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: the struggle of today's generation...

this made me laugh (still have all my old cassettes and cassingles!)

they will never understand how you can use a pencil/pen with a cassette.

Or the pain of borrowing a VHS tape from the video store only to realise it wasn't rewound and you have to rewind it before viewing!
Old 06-27-2016, 02:55 AM   #3
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
this made me laugh (still have all my old cassettes and cassingles!)

they will never understand how you can use a pencil/pen with a cassette.

Or the pain of borrowing a VHS tape from the video store only to realise it wasn't rewound and you have to rewind it before viewing!
not to mention...we "download" musics via recording a song (with a blank cassette tape) in a radio station lolz
Old 06-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

do you guys realise that they are stil making turn tables and that old 33 turn disk still exists ?

i believe this generation while liking more the dvd or blue ray disk, some minority still continu to preffer good old musics.

good old never dies !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
marvel911
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
marvel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

My favorite is the Save Icon represented by a floppy disk, but more and more people have no idea what a floppy disk was.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

welcome back.

What's up with all these guys appearing from nowhere lol.

the floppy disk is now the universal symbol for saving.

If you told someone under the age of 20 to click on the floppy disk icon, chances are, they wouldn't know what you're referring to.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:32 AM   #7
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
do you guys realise that they are stil making turn tables and that old 33 turn disk still exists ?

i believe this generation while liking more the dvd or blue ray disk, some minority still continu to preffer good old musics.

good old never dies !
because musics/songs played on the old turntables/phonographs are more crisp, detailed and smooth

i remember my mother used to play classic christmas songs on our old Akai Turntable
id make my skin crawl just listening the entire orchestra, youd hear each and every instruments being used when it plays the classic ray coniffs, johnny mathis or bing crosby christmas songs
Old 07-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #8
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:

good old never dies !
Sony effectively killed cassette tapes in 2002.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

yet there are still tons of cassette tapes running around and walkmans still being sold to people.
i'd barely call that killed.

it slike those saying Latin is a dead language. but still a lot of people learns it everyday just for the lols and thus have pretty much ressurected the language per say. so in the lights of these things may they be for lols, for nostalgia sake or for the collection. its clear that these things do not die outright. they just simply go out of flavor. until one day someone puts back some flavor into it.

vip, i hate turn table. i hate their noises into the music. its distracting from the real music.
i preffer vivid sounds and musics. not that i didn't enojoy my record of that episode of goldorak back when i was young. i would listen to that all day long. but musics... distracting i tell you.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:23 AM   #10
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Quote:

good old never dies !
Sony effectively killed cassette tapes in 2002.
correct me, but werent they the one who hyped CDman? those compact CD players?
im a late bloomer
only came to know commercial music CDs in 1993
Old 07-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #11
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

The Sony Discman. Lol.

It's sad how we're eventually going to remember CDs like records.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

the same way its weird for me to still think the 90ies were 2 weeks ago !
Old 07-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #13
-AOB-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 24
-AOB- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

good old never dies !
So true old school music is the standard it can never go away.
-AOB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:17 AM   #14
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I still remember what it was like to dub music from the radio or one cassette to a fresh one.

Still remember making copies of blockbuster rental on fresh video cassettes (two VCRs, and A/V cables), only to have the anti-piracy system kick in and leave you with that light-dark-light-dark-light-dark annoyance for the end of time.

And that is how my hobby of video editing began, to be honest. Before we all had easier access to video editing programs on PCs.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #15
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Where I lived, ppl would take the blockbuster rental, copy it, and then return the copy.

In other cases, people would rent games and never return them.

Blockbuster's death didn't bother me a bit.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 AM   #16
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

^LOLOL.

Then we moved on to burning DvDs.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote