SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liger Killer General 10 12-17-2009 05:32 PM
Liger Zero TitaniumFist General 17 12-11-2007 03:43 PM
Another Liger Quote Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 07-07-2007 11:49 PM
Liger zero vs well anyone =d Liger Zero Challenges and Tournaments 5 03-08-2007 06:26 PM
Liger zero Wolfeh General 30 08-11-2006 04:16 AM

Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #626
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

So I got a list of movies ive watched recently. Today I was forced to watch one of them with my GF at the theater.

50 Shades of Grey

My gf made me watch this trash. If you don't get bored by the redundancy of the conversations with this film then this film probably wont bother you however this film is so bloody boring. They talk and talk and talk and talk and oh yea talk through the film in really unconvincing fasion. The conversations are mostly the same with the only intention of moving the plot along to the sex scenes. Even for a romance movie its boring. The actors have the same expression on their face through the film yet the way they talk has no relation to their expressions. the sex scenes were ok for softcore standards of BDSM. Other than the sex scenes this movie offers nothing interesting. Its basically about a stalker getting the women he wants. I never read the book so screw it.

2.5/10

John Wick

I praised the Equalizer as the 2nd best film of 2014 but after watching John Wick this movie now moves up into the number 2 spot. Sorry Equalizer but John Wick not only had way more action in the film it had great choreographed gunplay in the film. Keanu does great in this film as well as what little time Willem Dafoe has in it. Dafoe pops in an out randomly throughout the film. This was probably the best movie Keanu has done since the first Matrix film. This movie was a wonderful ride and was great all around.

8.5/10

Fury

Here is a war movie that got pretty much everything right. Aside from some dates they got wrong in the first 2 seconds of the film the movie fairly accurate. They finally got all the tanks and vehicles right which is rare for most war flicks. Saving Private Ryan for example at the end they yelled Tiger tank but it was a Russian tank with a longer barrel. Everything about this movie was pretty accurate and I loved the acting. Shia didn't ruin this film at all and barely had much lines in it and I think that helped. I think he could be a good actor as long as he sticks to supporting roles.

I really enjoyed Brad Pitt in the film and Logan Lerman was a huge surprise after seeing him in that god awful Three Musketeers remake. I had very little problems with this film and it movies up into my top 5 movies of 2014.

8.5/10

A Walk Among the Tombstones

This movie was ok and by that I mean it was just ok. Neeson does his best to try and carry this film in fact he is the best thing about this film. One of the villains tries his best to sound like John Malkovich when he talks on the phone but when he talks in person sounds nothing like he did on the phone. Most of the side characters like the brothers become completely unimportant. The kid who helps him wasn't that bad a character though. The ending just feels weird and it all seemed a bit rushed.

6.5/10

Lucy

So this film was weird. I cant even describe most of what I watched. Scarlett Johansson though acts amazing in the film despite the film being just weird. The cut away a lot to random images like subliminal imagery. Choi Man Sik(the original Oldboy) is in the film as the main villain. Her brain unlocks more and more usage till the end of the film which turns out to look like something from the movie Akira which gave me hope that a live action Akira wouldn't look that bad with those kind of effects. Again its just a weird movie.

6/10

Brick Mansions

A remake of B-13 which funny enough stars the same French actor. Paul Walker does his best to try and make the film something but by the end the guys who are suppose to be the bad guys are no longer the bad guys despite them doing bad things and chasing the good guys who now accept them as good guys at the end. Then it turns anti government and the film took a complete 180. The Parkour in the film is really the best thing about the movie.

4.5/10
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #627
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Well brick mansion was made to be a remake, but what i hate the most is that they tryed being true to the original and miserably failed that !

haven't watched the others.
what can you say, woman loves movies about a good looking man who knows how to talk to woman. reguardless of it being true or not. look at twilight, the only reason that thing worked was how many woman so loved those movies.

hence why they are called woman movies to begin with !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #628
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

have got John Wick and Fury waiting to be viewed here. Looking forward to them even more now.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #629
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

See there's this excellent set of 6 graphic novels known as Locke & Key

A couple years ago they tried to start a TV series based on the comics, the filmed a few episodes, and made a good trailer but FOX decided not to go ahead with the show. The trailer can be seen here

Now there's talk of turning it into a trilogy of movies written by Alex Kurtzman.

I hope it gets made =)
Old 02-18-2015, 03:48 AM   #630
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
A Walk Among the Tombstones

This movie was ok and by that I mean it was just ok. Neeson does his best to try and carry this film in fact he is the best thing about this film. One of the villains tries his best to sound like John Malkovich when he talks on the phone but when he talks in person sounds nothing like he did on the phone. Most of the side characters like the brothers become completely unimportant. The kid who helps him wasn't that bad a character though. The ending just feels weird and it all seemed a bit rushed.

6.5/10
when i saw this film, it felt the tone of the movie was similar to Hugh Jackman's Prisoners
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #631
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

My top 11 movies of 2014 looks like this so far

1. Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10
2. John Wick - 8.5/10
3. The Equalizer - 8.5/10
4. Fury - 8.5/10
5. Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10
6. The Lego Movie - 8/10
7. The boxtrolls(Im a fan of Claymation) - 8/10
8. Birdman - 7.5/10
9. The November Man - 7.5/10
10. The Monuments Men - 7/10
11. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 7/10

There are still movies I haven't seen yet though.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #632
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Is Oscars night.

Here are my predictions.

Best Picture:
Boyhood

Best Actor:
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything

Best Actress:
Julianne Moore - Still Alice

Best Supporting Actor:
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash

Best Supporting Actress:
Patricia Arquette - Boyhood

Best Animated Feature Film:
Big Hero 6

Best Director:
Alejandro González Iñárritu - Birdman

Best Visual Effects:
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Best Cinematography:
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Best Costume Design:
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Best Song:
Glory - Selma

I'll come back and check to see if I got atleast some of them right.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #633
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

could care less about the Oscars anymore. They have been crap since the mid 90's.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #634
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i'm going for guesses... most of the winners will be chosen for their charisma and their way of making woman cry. let's be honest, most men votes for best visual effects and actions. and most womans votes for the movies that made them feel better at the time they watched it.

and since oscars gives winners based on feelings, i'll let you guess who wins most of the times.
not to mention man barely ever vote for movies after watching them. but thats my view on oscars and why i dont really care.

on another note, i finally watched battleship.
i was again disappointed. but at the same time its not as bad a movie as i tought it was going to be. and i think they truly did the game justice in that movie. what disapointed me is that again we're powerless against the aliens. and its again clever thinking that makes it happen better. i did like the fact that the aliens though were much more like us, they had much more powefull weapons, but they were still using, like us, explosives and not super powered lasers. in a way the aliens were pretty much on par with us. still they wiped 2 ships in a matter of seconds. and the whole not seeing them when their stuff clearly shows the opponent is something i barely understood.

i'm guessing the whole thing was just a big miss understanding.
but thats all there is to it.
to me thats a good 7/10, its a good movie and i love how things have gone.
much better then what i had anticipated.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #635
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

if u want your mind blown, then I highly recommend watching Predestination
Old 02-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #636
estset

Post Thanks / Like
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

I got 8 out of 11 my predictions right, not bad. I thought Dawn of the Planet of the Ape shouldve won for Best Visual effects. The other category were pretty much two horse race so you already know whose gonna win.

I watch the Oscars last night I must say it was very boring. Patrick Harris jokes were pretty bad. The crowd wasn't even laughing at his joke. They need to bring someone better next year.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 02-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #637
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie was approved after the concept art and story details were revealed. Now he officially made statements alongside Sigourney Weaver who is officially set to return as Ripley.

The film will officially Ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection and will be a direct sequel to the 2nd film. He says it will reunite Ripley and Hicks on the big screen and give Ripley a proper sendoff that Sigourney herself said she didn't feel like they gave her in 3 or 4.

Its not yet known if Michael Biehn has accepted to comeback as Hicks but Im hearing that he is all for it and would love to do it if the story is right. Biehn was strongly against Alien 3 as the script he originally got had him become the main character of the film and the final rewrite after several rewrites killed him and Newt off 20 seconds into the film. He has always voiced his distaste for Alien 3 and has admitted he never cared enough to watch 4.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go if Biehn also accepts to return.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #638
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Ok so Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie was approved after the concept art and story details were revealed. Now he officially made statements alongside Sigourney Weaver who is officially set to return as Ripley.

The film will officially Ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection and will be a direct sequel to the 2nd film. He says it will reunite Ripley and Hicks on the big screen and give Ripley a proper sendoff that Sigourney herself said she didn't feel like they gave her in 3 or 4.

Its not yet known if Michael Biehn has accepted to comeback as Hicks but Im hearing that he is all for it and would love to do it if the story is right. Biehn was strongly against Alien 3 as the script he originally got had him become the main character of the film and the final rewrite after several rewrites killed him and Newt off 20 seconds into the film. He has always voiced his distaste for Alien 3 and has admitted he never cared enough to watch 4.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go if Biehn also accepts to return.
I need to rewatch Aliens again. I remember seeing it when I was a kid but never actually see the whole thing.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 02-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #639
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

bah, all i want is a remake of the video game called alien vs predator. that what they already did.
i loved the arcade game and the twist it gave.

alien itself is not what i liked... though i liked how alien 3 ended.
never watched resurection, and i think its stupid to do what they did. that saga needs a reboot, not a continuity !
Old 02-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #640
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Aliens 3 and 4 were retarded concepts.

The first two complement each other perfectly, so I'm assuming this one has the capacity to follow up swimmingly with twenty or so years of hindsight behind it. Especially since it's going to be a sequel, and not another bull**** post-millenium reboot with no name actors and a horrible script.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #641
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Aliens 3 and 4 were retarded concepts.

The first two complement each other perfectly, so I'm assuming this one has the capacity to follow up swimmingly with twenty or so years of hindsight behind it. Especially since it's going to be a sequel, and not another bull**** post-millenium reboot with no name actors and a horrible script.

There were a couple of scripts for 3 that would have been fantastic but Fox didn't like the ideas. Fox decided to completely take over the final say on script. Eventually they had to start filming for 3 days without a script. Once they got the script the end result was the garbage we got.

Michael Biehn was furious over the script changes since it killed him off in 20 seconds so he demanded to be paid double what he was paid in Aliens just to have them use his likeness and nothing more. So he was never involved with the film other then they using his likeness.

I remember even Lance Henrickson who was involved with the film said when they decided to film without a script he said it was madness. He also said though he rarely turns down any role he almost considered turning it down because his good friend Michael Biehn dropped out.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #642
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

so, basically wolfeh, you want this final instalment and never want any alien movies ever again.

because, well... life happens and the old actors are old.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #643
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
so, basically wolfeh, you want this final instalment and never want any alien movies ever again.

because, well... life happens and the old actors are old.

Didn't stop Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #644
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger, thats not what im saying though...

what im saying is...
Quote:
Especially since it's going to be a sequel, and not another bull**** post-millenium reboot with no name actors and a horrible script
so, aliens is not aliens if its not with sigourney weaver and whoever else played in it. and thus aliens should never be redone or even touched upon because wolfeh hates reboot. reboots which sometimes are better then the originals.

sorry wolfeh, i wouldn't continu to do this saga even if they'd be ignoring or not.
too old, dont continu it.

tron legacy was sub par. very sub par !
indiana jones 4, can't be more sub par.
rambo 4, bleh, good one, too edgy compard to the first 2. good finale. but still sub par tot he rest.
Rocky 6, i think you already gave your resume of it.

so do i need to go on, on why this one wont be any better ?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #645
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

Just saw The Departed. I didn't watch it earlier because somebody spoil it for me and just ruin the whole movie for me. But I finally got the chance to watch it, it happened to be on TV yesterday. I must say is very good movie, lots of well known peeps is in it. I swear this movie is like exact copy of Internal Affairs. Maybe it is? Overall very good film, I gave it 8/10.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #646
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

Quote:
Lieger, thats not what im saying though...

what im saying is...
Quote:
Especially since it's going to be a sequel, and not another bull**** post-millenium reboot with no name actors and a horrible script
so, aliens is not aliens if its not with sigourney weaver and whoever else played in it. and thus aliens should never be redone or even touched upon because wolfeh hates reboot. reboots which sometimes are better then the originals.

sorry wolfeh, i wouldn't continu to do this saga even if they'd be ignoring or not.
too old, dont continu it.

tron legacy was sub par. very sub par !
indiana jones 4, can't be more sub par.
rambo 4, bleh, good one, too edgy compard to the first 2. good finale. but still sub par tot he rest.
Rocky 6, i think you already gave your resume of it.

so do i need to go on, on why this one wont be any better ?
Reboots are lame.

Remakes are lame.

Sequels are awesome.

a sequel 20 years in the making should be epic win IMO.

New age special effects and old school script writing + seasoned and award winning actors on top of a premise that's already got a ****load of backstory?

They'd have to be on crack to get this one wrong. =\
Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #647
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Reboots are lame.
so... star trek 2009 was lame ?
so... mission impossible 4 was lame ?

Quote:
Remakes are lame.
so... gone in 60 second was lame ?
so... the thing was lame ?

Quote:
Sequels are awesome.
So, rocky 6 was awesome ?
so.. indiana jones 4 was awesome ?

Quote:
a sequel 20 years in the making should be epic win IMO.
There is no sequels that takes 20 years to make.
so its more lke we dont know what to do and we dont want a remake. seems to me like superman returns all over again !

Quote:
New age special effects and old school script writing + seasoned and award
winning actors on top of a premise that's already got a ****load of backstory?
so... Tron Legacy was the bomb and should have won the oscars over everything ?
So... Expendables 2 and 3 were more awesome then the first ?

Quote:
They'd have to be on crack to get this one wrong. =\
that happens much more often then you think then !

Last edited by SSJKarma; 03-02-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #648
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

YOU'RE LAME!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #649
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
so... star trek 2009 was lame ?
so... mission impossible 4 was lame ?

Star Trek 2009 was Lame as it had one of the weakest villains since Star Trek 5.

Mission Impossible wasn't a reboot it was a sequel as evidence of 5 having Ving Rhames back.

Quote:
so... gone in 60 second was lame ?
so... the thing was lame ?
Gone in 60 Seconds was an ok movie it was not even close to the awesomeness of the original but it was ok.

Which one? The Thing 1983 or the Thing 2011? cause The Thing 2011 was terrible and awful and garbage....

Now as for the 1983 one I have debated with many people over it being a remake. Yes it was based on The Thing From Antoher Planet short story that had a movie before. The Thing 1983 though based off of that really wasn't anywhere near close to the short story other than the alien crashing down and people discovering it, etc. Everything after that was really John Carpenters original movie.

Quote:
So, rocky 6 was awesome ?
so.. indiana jones 4 was awesome ?
So Terminator 2 wasn't?
So Aliens wasn't?
So Star Trek The Wrath of Khan wasn't?
So Empire Strikes back wasn't?
So Star Trek First Contact wasn't?

The Sequels argument can go both ways guys. Some are good and others are bad that doesn't mean you can discredit them either way.

Quote:
There is no sequels that takes 20 years to make.
so its more lke we dont know what to do and we dont want a remake. seems to me like superman returns all over again !
Tron Legacy took 28 years
Birds 2 took 30 years
Bambi 2 took 63 years
Charllotes Web 2 took 30 years
The Thing 2011 (which is a prequel) Took 29 years
To Sir, With Love 2 took 28 years (great Sidney Portier movies)
The Great Escape 2:The Untold Story took 25 years
Parent Trap 2 took 25 years
Psycho 2 took 22 years
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps took 22 years.
Chinese Zodiac aka Operation Condor 3 took 21 years
Lost Boys 2 took 20 years.

There are actually dozens more examples but cant be assed to look through them all so you cannot say there are no sequels that took 20 years to make.

Quote:
so... Tron Legacy was the bomb and should have won the oscars over everything ?
So... Expendables 2 and 3 were more awesome then the first ?
Honestly I loved Tron Legacy despite others hate. Also don't see how Expendables relates to his statement what so ever.

Quote:
that happens much more often then you think then !
Yea actually Karma is right on that one.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #650
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Dumb & Dumber To was made 20 years later