SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EXCLUSIVE! STAFF SCANDAL!? Killer RaNdOm iNsAnItY 10 05-17-2017 01:17 PM
|MvC II Tournament Exclusive| EvilAkuma General 5 10-09-2010 01:35 AM
To all the Killer Instinct Fans out there.... HadokenFreak General 13 06-29-2010 09:58 AM
Killer Instinct Mode! Wolfeh New Features 10 08-19-2008 11:26 AM

Old 10-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 73
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough
Visit ZeroUnlim's YouTube
Default Killer Instinct Exclusive for the Xbox One

They're exclusively releasing Killer Instinct for the new upcoming Xbox One!

Finally after SEVENTEEN years of waiting, they've finally sorted out the copyright and ownership issues with Microsoft to release a classic fighter from my generation of growing fighters!

My only bubble buster is that it's an exclusive for Xbox One, considering I'm a huge Playstation fan, that makes it that much worse, knowing that I might buy an Xbox One...soley for this game.

I'm so excited guys. Seriously. Wolfeh, where are you. The tournament days are back my friend! Ahhhhh!

Last edited by ZeroUnlim; 10-20-2013 at 11:35 PM.
ZeroUnlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Cwing
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2648
Cwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the roughCwing is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Killer Instinct Exclusive for the Xbox One

this is old news though. >_>
Cwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
ZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the roughZeroUnlim is a jewel in the rough

I know mang, but I just found this!

Sorry. Am I too excited?

I'm not up to date these days.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

I hope bloody roar comes back too
Lightning~Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Not even Killer Instinct would get me to buy the hunk of junk Microsoft Money Box.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

The Xbox One isn't so much about money making then playstation is going to be...
after all, Microsoft wanted to push the buy from the online store, like mostly everyone does, yet somehow you decided you still wanted disk. but it was cool on playstation though which are gonna enforce the steam buying anyway. so im not really understanding there...

in all cases, of course its an xbox exclusives... rare is a division of Microsoft.
which is also why it was so hard for the wii to release goldeneye.

Killer instinct was one of my fav. game, but Gold killed it.
the combos were pretty much flawless, but with combo breaker system which was too random to pull, the game became stale really, really fast for me. so I really hope this game wont be the same. I like the idea of combo breaker and counter breakers, but can you imagine a war between the two and how each and every single match can turn into such wars.

guess i'll have to wait and see though.
I also like how most of the games for the xbox one also comes out for the 360.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Killer Instinct Exclusive for the Xbox One

These are two games I am looking forward to for the xbox 1. Just a cinematic for the witcher but its still brings the hype.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning~Bolt View Post
I hope bloody roar comes back too
It's PS4's response for Killer Instinct on Xbox One.

PS4 exclusive
Old 10-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

I hope so, hudson soft is a division of sony !
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
Zetca

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
Zetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura about

This topic is slowly turning in another direction X:

I gotta say tho, I always get owned playing this back in the day.

Zetca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroUnlim View Post
It's PS4's response for Killer Instinct on Xbox One.

PS4 exclusive
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....No

Game seems to promote button mashing somewhat. I would reserve my opinions about it, but I really am not expecting to touch an XBOX ONE anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Killer instinct was one of my fav. game, but Gold killed it.
the combos were pretty much flawless, but with combo breaker system which was too random to pull, the game became stale really, really fast for me. so I really hope this game wont be the same. I like the idea of combo breaker and counter breakers, but can you imagine a war between the two and how each and every single match can turn into such wars.
Pretty sure Combo breakers were never random, just very strict to pull off.
That said, your fears would have been right some time ago, but Double Helix had changed the engine somewhat from their E3 build to make breakers harder to pull off.

Last edited by Orlando0; 10-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando0 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....No

Game seems to promote button mashing somewhat. I would reserve my opinions about it, but I really am not expecting to touch an XBOX ONE anytime soon.
Are you referring to Bloody Roar or Killer Instinct?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Orland0, by random i meant that you needed to push the right button at the right time to combo break out of the combo. like if he pressed hard you need to do the light combo breaker, if he pushed the medium one you needed to do hard, if he pressed light you needed to go hard. but the fact that buttons were switching up and down the chain during the combo meant that you needed to know exactly what was coming up front.

made it kinda like rock/paper/scissor and that was way too random for me. the other thing was that combos were going way too fast, so learning when to do that combo breaker was so hard because by the time the move hapenned, the next 3-5 were already passing by. in the end you were doing the combo breaker motion non-stop during the combo and hoped you were hitting the right button randomly.

learning combos was kinda easy, learning to combo break was the hardest part of th egame, and thus made the game unplayable for anybody not able to learn it correctly. the game was also a game of who gets hit first. because combos would take out much of your life if you were getting hit. so the game became boring real fast.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #14
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

It looks like MK and SF had a baby and it was raised by tekken. I is ready for it.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

On the Super Nintendo version if there was too really good players it turned into a turtle match, because literally if you even moved forward[the other person would more than likely be pressing down and back] you'd get hit with a move

I hope they get rid of combo breakers, I don't like the idea of helping people while they're getting ran through.
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
ZeroUnlim
SFO Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGRB View Post
I hope they get rid of combo breakers, I don't like the idea of helping people while they're getting ran through.
I'm with you there, but they created a counter breaker system!

This way when your opponent performs a combo breaker, you can counter break their combo breaker since combo breakers can only be performed through certain moves, and continue your combo.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't that allow counter breaker wars ?
if yes then its no better.
the problem with killer instinct was and always were the voluntarily big infinites. i've seen two really good players fighting each others and i've seen them go toe to toe even after the screen had turned red for both of them. and i must those fights had nothing epic to it. the only thing that was epic was how easy it was to avoid being killed.

i preffer the street fighter alpha style, the push backs.
now that was a great way to enable combo breaking without making it seem like turtling was the only way to go.
i'll still try out the demo when its out, becausei truly wanna know if it can bring me back to it.
but im not putting my hopes too high, we all know what that does (MVC3 much)
Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #18
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGRB View Post
On the Super Nintendo version if there was too really good players it turned into a turtle match, because literally if you even moved forward[the other person would more than likely be pressing down and back] you'd get hit with a move

did you see his last combo that was 84 hits? imagine you got with all of that... it would have been an instant like pauls power punch on tekken 5 lol.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

I been known about this. I also have no intention of buying an Xbox1. So. Oh well.

Anyway the SNES version will always be king. That black cartridge is what made me famous for a second. xD

Oh, and there was NEVER anything wrong with the combo breaker system or the combo system. KI is unlike any other fighting game in its class because of the fast action and impossible combos and combo breakers. The trick is to know how to defend your ****ing self.

Last edited by Wolfeh; 10-25-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf, thats exactly what was the drawback of the game. to know how to defend yourself you first had to know how to trutle and then how to predict combos at blazing speed which was way too hard to do except for a select few.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroUnlim View Post
Are you referring to Bloody Roar or Killer Instinct?
There won't be a Bloody Roar anytime soon. Hudson has not shown any interest in their anthro series at all and there has been no evidence of a possible return.

And I'm reffering to KI with the button masher thing.

Quote:
Orland0, by random i meant that you needed to push the right button at the right time to combo break out of the combo. like if he pressed hard you need to do the light combo breaker, if he pushed the medium one you needed to do hard, if he pressed light you needed to go hard. but the fact that buttons were switching up and down the chain during the combo meant that you needed to know exactly what was coming up front.

made it kinda like rock/paper/scissor and that was way too random for me. the other thing was that combos were going way too fast, so learning when to do that combo breaker was so hard because by the time the move hapenned, the next 3-5 were already passing by. in the end you were doing the combo breaker motion non-stop during the combo and hoped you were hitting the right button randomly.

learning combos was kinda easy, learning to combo break was the hardest part of th egame, and thus made the game unplayable for anybody not able to learn it correctly. the game was also a game of who gets hit first. because combos would take out much of your life if you were getting hit. so the game became boring real fast.
Still not random. It was more like guesswork and knowing your opponent's tendencies.

Quote:
Wolf, thats exactly what was the drawback of the game. to know how to defend yourself you first had to know how to trutle and then how to predict combos at blazing speed which was way too hard to do except for a select few.
Oh heaven forbid, you get mixed up and opened up!

I would recommend you guys watch Maximillian's YT channel (Miles923) since he's been breaking down the new KI's mechanics recently.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
did you see his last combo that was 84 hits? imagine you got with all of that... it would have been an instant like pauls power punch on tekken 5 lol.
haahaha, damn I hated that dude, he has the same punch in Tekken 3
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Orland0, mixed up ? why so, only pros of the pros could actually combo break.
thats why the game got so many attentions but got stale too fast. because the regular players could only play the blocking game until one of them made a mistake which sucked fighting game Wise. have you ever saw a cinder match ? turtle fest i tell you. same with orchid.

all those who say the game was boss on the snes...
no it wasn'T.. the arcade game had like way longer combos, better ones too and it was way easier to combo break out of them. the snes port had to be diminished to about 1/3rd the original game and could only do so much as a 54 combo chain. while the arcade could go well over a 100. the snes port also was censured as hell, the arcade verison had way more brutal combos. a good exemple is orchids finishers. they are nothing like the arcade.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/ki.html

he describes a few cosmetic changes that makes the whole difference.

he also ackowledge too that the game cabinet died often (true it was always damaged) because people could simply smash buttons randomly to try and get a combo breaker. and as i saw many of great players playing it trying to top off the combo charts and all... i can tell you, turtle fest, button mashing, random combo breaker who would change the entirety of a match on a whim.

this stopped me from trying to go over the distance like i did MKII.
MKII i was ready to go tournaments on... but KI couldn'T get me hooked because of how important combo breakers were and how hard they were to achieve. a few years later i saw two guy going at it on the snes... both had woken back up after defeat, shows you how fast they were playing. it was a nice game between the two. but it was still a turtle fest. and by the way, cheap damage didn't exist in that game. so blocking would block the whole damage making turtle fest even more important.

something recent games try to avoid by having grabs, overhead hits and chip damage on block. which is why parrying is far more important on games like third strike. thi sis aso why the game might be better now then it was back then if they go on that road. but its also the why its not gonna be the same game at all.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #24
Orlando0
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:
Orland0, mixed up ? why so, only pros of the pros could actually combo break.
I meant mix-ups. The art of switching between high and low attacks in order to get through an opponent's guard.

Quote:
all those who say the game was boss on the snes...
no it wasn'T.. the arcade game had like way longer combos, better ones too and it was way easier to combo break out of them. the snes port had to be diminished to about 1/3rd the original game and could only do so much as a 54 combo chain. while the arcade could go well over a 100. the snes port also was censured as hell, the arcade verison had way more brutal combos. a good exemple is orchids finishers. they are nothing like the arcade.
Considering they intended to port it to the N64 instead, I'm not surprised.

Quote:
something recent games try to avoid by having grabs, overhead hits and chip damage on block. which is why parrying is far more important on games like third strike. thi sis aso why the game might be better now then it was back then if they go on that road. but its also the why its not gonna be the same game at all.
That kind of stuff has been around for much longer. Since SF2 even.
Parrying is nice, but it's risky as well. Even the pros don't parry much unless the attack is blatantly obvious. Even so, it's not a substiture for basic fundamentals.

On another note, Orchid trailer has been released with Spinal teaser in the end.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Orland0, i haven't tryed the arcade version a few times... and played a lot on the snes.
Turtling int he game would block everything except grabs. and if one would actually try to come in and grab you'd be comboing in their face. this led to a game of trutles where nothing could guard break them. there were overhead moves that would attack from behind... unfortunately by the time you got this close he'd already be trying to combo you and since blocking would push you back. you'd become too far for overhead.

overall the game had a lot of weaknesses that recent fighting games dont have.
as for street fighter 2, the original on snes and arcades had nonw. turtling was also very possible. the only difference was that getting close to grab him out of it was much more accessible.

but all that said...
im quite sure this version of killer instinct will have nothing to do with the old one.