SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm calling you out -Infinity-bot- catman20 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 1 06-20-2013 09:06 PM
Infinity Mix (attempt) evryoung8998 Links 1 10-14-2009 11:01 AM
anime GokuS2 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 0 05-31-2007 01:19 AM
Anime sig. kingknockout Banners, Avatars and Images 9 01-19-2007 11:50 PM
I get kicked by infinity bot webbiest Bugs and Problems report 26 10-10-2005 12:57 PM

Old 09-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:
Default Anime - infinity & Beyond

Hi and welcome, you like anime in general? Here is a topic where you can talk about anime as much as you like, but lets try to keep the arguing to a minimum, debates are welcome. You know anime has really come a long way, from anime shows Case Closed to Dragonballz, from Inuyasha to Blood+ these T.V. shows had kept us entertained, and servered many purposes. So, with that said, you're welcome to share your experiences, share your story on how you started, and you're welcome to post pictures of your favorite animes, and videos. Lets all have a great time talking about anime.

Name your top 5 favorite Anime
Name your top 5 Heros & Villains
What character drew you in to them and why?
Post your favorite episode or funny moment.

My personal experience with anime. I was about 4-7 years old it was around 10pm and my father used to watch a T.V. show called Case Closed in the living room and one night he was flabbergasted by something in the episode that woke me up, I decided to go check it out and they showed some guy being dead, and the little boy was a detective and he wanted to find out what happened, like why he was killed, and who did it, and had solid evidence to back it up. I was moved by his intelligence, he took the littlest evidence and piece them together and I wanted to learn more and more. Ever since then when my father would watch it on the late nights I would too.
I love Inuyasha, it is one of my favorite T.V. shows because of the lessons I learned from it at a young age, and that particular show taught me how to work with other people despite their nationality, or their background. Learning that two heads is better than one, and when you find people that share the same values, and the same purpose you can reach heights and achieve goals that you thought that was un reachable.
My top 5 animes are
1.Inuyasha
2.Blood+
3.DragonBallz
4.Naruto & Shippudden
5.Salor Moon

My top 5 heros and villians are the following

Heros:
1.Gohan
2.Kagome
3.Ken
4.Optomus Prime
5.Wonder Woman

Villians:
Venom
Frieza
Naroku
Lord Orochimaru
Bryan Fury
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Anime - infinity & Beyond

the only anime ill never grow tired watching
dunno if you guys have seen it, but robotech was ahead of its time, a league of its own

while most american cartoons in the 80s focuses on cheezy action and shallow story, robotech was one of the few animes that time that really delves into human emotion and drama

a real nostalgia

EDIT: this is the book that i received as a birthday present from my cousin when i was 12, from there on it brought me interest to the anime and my fondness in drawing characters
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post

the only anime ill never grow tired watching
dunno if you guys have seen it, but robotech was ahead of its time, a league of its own

while most american cartoons in the 80s focuses on cheezy action and shallow story, robotech was one of the few animes that time that really delves into human emotion and drama

a real nostalgia

EDIT: this is the book that i received as a birthday present from my cousin when i was 12, from there on it brought me interest to the anime and my fondness in drawing characters
Wow, I never heard of that show before. I wish I could of seen of episode of it and give my personal take on it. The way you put it, it sounds like it's pretty neat to watch.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Hey guys you guys remember escaflowne and gundamwing? Cause that was my ish. The fighting music in escaflowne I used in my raps and in my head for fights lol.
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

my top 5 animes...

5 - Dragonball / Naruto / Bleach (cant decide which one i like better.)
4 - Gundam Wing + Endless Waltz
3 - Break Blade
2 - Hajime No Ippo
1 - One Piece

this is as far as i am concerned my top because right now im not convinced otherwise.
i know there are far superior shows out there. but thats as good as i get.

one of my favorite moments...

favorite cause at that point the charcater evolves to a point where he can finally find his own ways. he's going forward so much that he doesn't need his coach telling him things anymore. he just finds em on his own and his growth becomes titanesque at that point. thats what i want in characters. them growing reguardless of the odds.

maybe thats why shippuden in naruto ust got boring for me. it suddently stopped growing characters and forcused on a single charcater achieving his dream instead... growth seemed unimportant. and when the time comes... they had to give sudden boost out of nowhere to their charcaters.

thats also why dragonball failed at the end for me. everything had a growth to it. but when it ended it was always in the same pattern. never changing that pattern.

Break blade was just awesome from start to finish.
6 OAVS which are in fact the whole series made into 6 movies instead.
and i recently figured that the manga was going further down. so i can't wait to see the animes pick up the second part of that war.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
my top 5 animes...

5 - Dragonball / Naruto / Bleach (cant decide which one i like better.)
4 - Gundam Wing + Endless Waltz
3 - Break Blade
2 - Hajime No Ippo
1 - One Piece

this is as far as i am concerned my top because right now im not convinced otherwise.
i know there are far superior shows out there. but thats as good as i get.

one of my favorite moments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5sdJSPL1Vs

favorite cause at that point the charcater evolves to a point where he can finally find his own ways. he's going forward so much that he doesn't need his coach telling him things anymore. he just finds em on his own and his growth becomes titanesque at that point. thats what i want in characters. them growing reguardless of the odds.

maybe thats why shippuden in naruto ust got boring for me. it suddently stopped growing characters and forcused on a single charcater achieving his dream instead... growth seemed unimportant. and when the time comes... they had to give sudden boost out of nowhere to their charcaters.

thats also why dragonball failed at the end for me. everything had a growth to it. but when it ended it was always in the same pattern. never changing that pattern.

Break blade was just awesome from start to finish.
6 OAVS which are in fact the whole series made into 6 movies instead.
and i recently figured that the manga was going further down. so i can't wait to see the animes pick up the second part of that war.
WOW, I watched that video you posted. Everyone was thinking he had a death wish, but he knew what he was doing all along. He was allowing him to waste all his energy and once he lost his stamina he went down, and those punches he was dealing was no tap shots neither especially that last hit. Jesus I felt it for him. Knocked him into next week on a Thursday afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse me everyone, if you would like to watch Naruto Shippudden for free - http://www.naruget.com/

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 09-03-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
catman20
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

my top 5
5. legend of the legendary heroes
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
2. zettai karen the unlimited
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
3. Kyo (zettai karen the unlimited)
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

Evagenlion was so in depth with the plot you have to watch it multiple times to truly understand the situation. The only anime that mind#@$% me, it was too much. End of all evangelion(movie)#1
catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman20 View Post
my top 5
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

Evagenlion was so in depth with the plot you have to watch it multiple times to truly understand the situation. The only anime that mind#@$% me, it was too much. End of all evangelion(movie)#1
Evangelion? Can you link me a episode please? I love challenging situations that are hard to comprehend. PLUS I never heard of it before sounds interesting.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Serious question here but, What qualifies as anime?

I never really been into any type shows like the ones y'all posted. I've watched a couple of DBZ episodes here and there but never really "followed" any series but some have caught my attention.

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post

I never really been into any type shows like the ones y'all posted. I've watched a couple of DBZ episodes here and there but never really "followed" any series but some have caught my attention.
They have different visual characteristics, anime concentrates mostly on life issues or things tied closer to human emotion and has more violent and sexual themes.Cartoons are generally made to make people laugh and so are more comical.Distinct facial expressions. Wide variation in physical characteristics. Anime physical features of characters are, on the whole, closer to reality than cartoons. Cartoon characters usually have features that are not relative to the rest of the body and therefore further from reality than anime.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
catman20
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraSpareNo1 View Post
Quote:
my top 5
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

Evangelion? Can you link me a episode please? I love challenging situations that are hard to comprehend. PLUS I never heard of it before sounds interesting.

http://www.dubbedepisodes.org/neon-g...-1-english-dub

Watch the eps then watch end of all evangelion, then the remakes if you want
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #12
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
my top 5
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

What a remarkable episode and that was only the first episode. The boys name I missed about 8 times because I was to busy trying to keep up with what was going on. Lol. The angels are very strong and they have the power to regenerate its power, and it gets smarter by the minute. I discovered that they built a underground world on top of the world if that makes sense. What a piece of doo doo of a father that boy have, he haven't seen his son in years and you call him to operate this monstrosity, and then send him out to fight that powerful angel, I would of told him to kiss my ass and you operate it yourself. Did I miss anything?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #13
catman20
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
my top 5
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

What a remarkable episode and that was only the first episode. The boys name I missed about 8 times because I was to busy trying to keep up with what was going on. Lol. The angels are very strong and they have the power to regenerate its power, and it gets smarter by the minute. I discovered that they built a underground world on top of the world if that makes sense. What a piece of doo doo of a father that boy have, he haven't seen his son in years and you call him to operate this monstrosity, and then send him out to fight that powerful angel, I would of told him to kiss my ass and you operate it yourself. Did I miss anything?

You have to watch the whole series + end of all evangelion then you'll see, sorry I can't ruin it for u.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #14
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
my top 5
4. Gundam Wing/ unicorn
3. DBZ /Gt
1. evangelion

Top heroes
4. Afro samurai
2. andy
1. Shinji ikari

Top 5. villains
5. Light ( death note)
4. Bardock
3. aizen
2. Broly
1. Ryner Lute

You have to watch the whole series + end of all evangelion then you'll see, sorry I can't ruin it for u.

I will let you know when I finish watching the whole series. give me 1 week.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Kam, animes is the short name for japanese cartoons.
yep they are just that, japanese cartoons.

pokemon is anime, so anything from nintendo is pretty much that as well.
people thinks there are differences, but in reality its all just a question of cultures.

the only real difference is that animes aren't censored. because there is no laws against sexual organs and the likes. so we often see those. but everytimes you see something censored, tell yourself that it is the region that did it.

so basically yeah, animes = japanese cartoons, nothing else.

by the way... animes stands short for animation. so basically it is everything including american cartoons.

man, i just finally found back all episodes of spaceship sagittarius. im used tot he french episodes though, guess english will have to do.

thats another good old show !

quick question, which evangelion are you talkking about though. there was numerous titles of it.

Patlabor was a nice show as well.
too bad i first saw both movies first, but seeing the show was awesome.

you just know i'd watch that if i could !

Last edited by SSJKarma; 09-04-2014 at 12:32 AM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #16
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

The video that was posted of evangelion, that was really good!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 971
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Guilty Crown
Steins; Gate
Tengen toppa gurren lagaan
Bleach
FMA Brotherhood

Shows that are still very good and worth mentioning:

Highschool of the dead
Sword art online/Gun gale online
Shingeki No Kyojin
Blood+
isekai no seikishi monogatari

I dont want to go in-depth with all my animes. So, for now, I'll leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #18
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Kam-) View Post

bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

What I love about my topic's is discover things you didn't know prior to entering. ^_^