SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We want gambit! amplafied015 New Features 42 08-17-2006 08:31 PM
Gambit LAB~MONSTER Banners, Avatars and Images 24 07-25-2006 05:12 PM
Gambit kenhyryu Banners, Avatars and Images 7 07-11-2006 11:40 PM
Gambit LiL_DRS New Features 45 05-10-2006 02:03 PM
Gambit Venomous-Ninja Banners, Avatars and Images 36 10-08-2005 04:08 PM

Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Why Gambit will probably never be in SFO

but if TMy is going to allow cajun strike, he might as well make it into a super.

gambit would be too powerful if it was simply a regular move.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #27
trunks_1242
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
trunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enough

When it comes down to it.

Gambit brings hype. Good or bad its hype none the less.

With his fan base alone he would bring more people to play and interest in the game would spark back.

He's like a trump card if anything. When the game goes inactive. Bring him? Lol. Tmyapp prob have to make another server and name it after him.

And of course all characters have vip moves with gambit being a vip more people to want to be vips.

Basically with m0re hype = m0re ppl playing.

Feel me?

Retro From The Getgo.
Thanks Lab.
trunks_1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #28
jasonthekidd11

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
jasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enoughjasonthekidd11 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Pretty soon SFO will be running on an engine that similar to an emulator
Block: Is that a true statement? If so that will be REVOLUTIONARY for SFO
I think its great that people are actually thinking about different ways of a char. possibly being added b.c. I'm tired of having topics made like "This Character should be added"
and then the idea be shot down by some person just saying "Oh he can't be added"

We're all obviously not Tmy so we're not going to be able to think like him, but I'm sure hes looked at this thread and had a tear roll down his cheek and said "Oh how they've grown up" (lol)

If your going to state an idea, take time to research, and actually think before you state it. Then when you make that post you have to think how others will view things and make your idea as clear as possible.

From what I've read this topic has been one of the most civilized and effective discussions I've seen within the SFO forum in a while.

I know some people are like "Oh I don't want to write paragraphs or have to read them b.c. its an online forum anyway", but just this topic alone can show how effective you can speak and how others will respond [ Notice how there are more staff responses in this topic then usual ]

Yea the my above post might just look random as hell, but its just good to see people actually thinking and props to VIPkiller on actually stating a thought in an open minded manner.

7/7/7
11/11/11
jasonthekidd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #29
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jasonthekidd11 @ Jan. 27 2009,21:49)]Yea the my above post might just look random as hell, but its just good to see people actually thinking and props to VIPkiller on actually stating a thought in an open minded manner.
VIP always causes an uprising with his topics. Something has to be done about it, cuz he's outshining most member in PX

There's still a problem with gambit, how much are you going to invent to please everyone? and What happens in the case where the invention/creation of Gambit backfires and ends up like another dreaded "Iron-Man"?

Nothing against Iron-man, i play with him, but i can't go into "serious" fights ( ) with him.

I mean the dull boring characters of SFO "Chun-li, Juggernaut, Iron-Man" are awesome in their own ways, but the majority of players wouldn't bother playing with them.

If TMy does decide to create Gambit, hopefully he becomes the awesome character that everyone expects. We still got Captain to think about and Iceman?? (aka ice version of Ironman ) or maybe more vindicated character!

She's Coming...

Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #30
dj_hussla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough

i think he will be added because everyone have to be added to the game in do time
Old 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #31
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

not everyone..

how would you fight with zangief?

She's Coming...

Old 01-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #32
jakelynch21
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
jakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enough

WRASSLIN GRAPPLIN ARRR DEES.

He'd be tough.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
-AOB-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 24
-AOB- is an unknown quantity at this point

Gambit would make a great character.If tmy wants to put him in the game we'll see.I personally think most likely not.Tmy got alot to do but I could be wrong.
-AOB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking fowards to getting gambit a bit l8er...Not sure if it will be so nice to have him as a player, more of a helper would be cool.
haspinwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #35
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I could definitely see gambit with a Crawler Assault type of special, Level 2 Royal Flush with a pause time and attack power equivalent to Wolverine's Weapon X (it's his signature move just as Royal Flush is Gambit's), and some other new, original special that Tmy would be bound to make for him either way. The Cajun Explosion could indeed be a TOTAL biatch, but if it was styled similar to Shin Akuma's aerial lightning kick thing, it would be perfect, just as avoidable and still not TOO powerful.

Good Job Blazer.. If you recalled an older version of SFO.. hmm let's say Version 1.4 where DWX Wolverine was introduced.. Anyone remembered how his "Fatal Claw" reacted? Yes.. it could hit you from anywhere.. no matter where you was at.. You got hit.. That same effort would most definitely work with Royal Flush... however if you want to cancel that move.. you would have to cancel it out just like any other move that can be canceled.

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #36
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Jan. 25 2009,13:38)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And as for trick card, why wouldn't it be fair to get hit instantly? If sakura can have a huge hadouken that makes contact when it shows you didn't even hit directly, why shouldn't gambit have his?
Sakura's hadoukens have always been big (excluding Alpha Series). Plus, that's how Gambit is structured, His card attacks are always instantaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]As for Cajun Slash .. I mean all I see in that is a is Gene Splice with a bo-staff 0.o, I don't see what your trying to prove there.
have you ever seen a Cajun Slash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And as for Cajus strike ... not a move at all that HAS to be added ... spider-man doesn't have it and he's doing great .. So not adding a character on the behalf of that really doesn't make any sense...
i didn't say that.. what i said was, if spiderman can't cling to walls, why have a move for Gambit that allows him to bounce from wall to wall.

Royal flush won't work. none of them work.. He's simply not a workable character.

think of this... if gambit's cards were faster than projectiles (Shoto's particularly), Gambit would be the spammed character of the year, IF his cards act like projectiles. but Gambit's cards aren't really projectiles, since they don't affect other projectiles that were previously fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Just becuase it's a move Onslaught has doesn't mean people will dislike it becuase it's onslaughts move... people complain about Onslaught becuase his rate at Hyper moves .. Not the moves he uses(that's if you actually do research on what people cimplain about, which I have done).
First of all.. that bold bit wasn't needed AT ALL.. Secondly.. This move "Magnetic Shockwave" goes above and beyond what the normal size sfo screen gives. try jumping over the special with a chun-li, and you'll understand what i mean.

And, if it's given to 1 certain character, it would throw the balance of the game, because that move is a guaranteed hit, whether you block or you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I can see right now that move won't be any complaints, and plus who said it had to require jumping over? You can block, and if it did require that, you can easily compare that move to something like sakura's *down,back, MP+LP*(donno what it's called) becuase with that move you either have your luck by aready being over head, or block your ass off until the move subsides...
Some people don't want to be touch by specials at all.. block or no block. A strategy called "preserving health"

please know what your talking about before you decide to post.
Heh ... someone thinks their ahead =/

Well when you say his card attacks are always instantaineously, yes..so? I thought I explained how drill claw's modification could fit in that group.

Second ... I probably mistook Cajun slash ... im not familiar with the move in head, but I don't think it's impossible to put in the game regardless.

Third ... this isn't at all about what any other character can do or should do ... and your whole topic is about why Gambit shouldn't be in SFO, so everything your saying about him is backing up why he shouldn't be added... so yes .. You were saying that.

And I also could have sworn I said you can speed down Gambit's projectile.

And that bold part .. Has almost EVERYTHING to do with it ... when you spoke of Gambit having a move like Onslaught you were refering to the people of SFO, and how they would feel about it .. So me basically saying the people wouldn't take it how you'd expect has just about everything to do with it.
And what's so wrong with it? Gambit clings to the wall and unleashes a move JUST like Onslaught's..and onslaughts is pretty blockable..
In some situations all you CAN do is block if you fail to stop a character from doing a move. And you are able to "preserve your health" if you are already on the opposite side of your opponent a tactic I call "anticipating your opponents next move" which many have to do in many situations.

And that last part .. Was just unprofessional ... this topic was fueled by your anger becuase people wanted Gambit and posted about him in your Captain America thread ... and plus I dont see how you can be pro-C.America, and anti-Gambit becuase Captain America has flaws bigger than Gambit .. You want to talk about how Gambit is naturally instant in his projectiles...C. America is "naturally" picking up his shield in .. And in SFO would not work .. But you never went out and said "you know what, captain america really wouldn't work" becuase he's a character that YOU like and that YOU wanted.

And if you can't handle alittle idealistic competition then don't post threads anymore becuase it seems that when some one has something to say other-wise, or against what your trying to prove, you act like a child trying to get their way.

So don't tell me not to post if I dont know what I'm talking about YOU don't make anymore topics unless YOU learn how to handle criticism and disagreement. SFO does NOT run on what thevipkiller wants.

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #37
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So don't tell me not to post if I dont know what I'm talking about YOU don't make anymore topics unless YOU learn how to handle criticism and disagreement. SFO does NOT run on what thevipkiller wants.

Good one there.. and lately.. I've been seeing members telling other members to not post in their topics or along the lines of that.. For one thing, you guys are forgetting a few things..

1.) All of you guys are in the same rank.. Meaning.. you guys are normal users which means none of you guys overrule each other. The only people that can overrule a judgement made by this forum is of course.. the Moderators, Admins and Sysops. If your Forum Group is not one of those categories.. then it's not your duty to tell someone not to post in a section. However, if someone is making threats or doing anything illegal in your post..THEN you may contact a higher rank to justify the situation.

2.)Don't make a thread on this forum if you can't take disagreement or criticism... If you make a thread that's leading to a discussion.. then get prepared to get disagreements.. Not everyone is gonna be riding the same boat as you. So if you can't take criticism.. it's best if you don't post instead. Even if they make seem to be wrong in their comments.. just shush and let them look like the dumbass.

3.) Telling someone else not to post will render a higher staff to turn on you instead.. and provoking some of your privileges aka "Probation". So watch how you treat one another.. So take this message as a warning, because next time some people are gonna be unable to post or even worse..

I'm done..

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #38
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

The system speaks..

Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #39
_Dark_Shoto

Post Thanks / Like
_Dark_Shoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Caint wait till Gambit comes out

_Dark_Shoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #40
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

That statement of SFO running on a similiar engine of emulator....worries me.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

WWE System Smackdown!

Regardless of the rough spots, this is actually one of the best character discussion (pro and con) topics I've seen in a while.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #42
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

only 1 rough spot, but that's because he attacked first..

don't expect me to turn the other cheek like MLK..

well, aside from all that, i personally believe i took all the criticism real well.. i don't even see it as criticism to be honest, just a way to see how Gambit would turn out in SFO.

She's Coming...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #43
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I never attack ... the first low blow was the last statement in your counter-post against mine .. And that seemed to show a hostile approach towards me which looked like to me a bad acceptance to disagreement ..

But this topic isn't about our fued it's about gambit ...

Anyone else says Gambit should not be added and provide an actual reason why not?

Becuase if a decent amount of people can't even think of why he shouldn't be added, then this is a topic where only me and vipkiller have a debate and I've been in that situation before and when it's a 1on1 bad blood comes along ... but no hard feelings thevipkiller?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #44
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

nope. none at all.

hostility over the internet is worse than pedos talking to 13 year old girls.

She's Coming...

Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #45
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Jan. 29 2009,07:37)]nope. none at all.

hostility over the internet is worse than pedos talking to 13 year old girls.
Gambit might be a good Implement, but what about others... Cnt wait till Onslaught is Vindicated.

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #46
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (PENZEL @ Jan. 29 2009,01:03)]That statement of SFO running on a similiar engine of emulator....worries me.
me too, cause its really not going to happen, so i say whoever heard that one was bullpoopted like a bitch and minded in believing it !

really SFO won't be anything like emulators !
emulators has their software work the same way the console / arcades has been running, nothing new about them. they are on an already created engine which the creators only had to follow the plans to create.

this on the other end, had no plans whatsoever, thus making it way harder to create has there is nothing to follow. its purely based on what comes out of his mind. so thi sis never going to be like an emulator or anything like it !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #47
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect example of why I smh when someone says what "another game does" so SFO has to do it that way

Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #48
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

smh?

She's Coming...

Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #49
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

^shake my head

In other words I'm saying it makes no sense to me when people say what SFO can't change becuase it's like that in some other game...

Old 02-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #50
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

refering to a particular post or the entire thread?

She's Coming...