SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[NEWS] Warcraft Movie Actors Confirmed... SSJKarma General 7 12-08-2013 03:05 PM
[GAMES] New Black Ops II Zombie mode confirmed Cwing General 0 06-09-2012 01:54 AM
Marvel VS Capcom 3 confirmed? JayBlaze General 61 06-18-2010 08:05 PM
SONIC Confirmed for Brawl! Hadokenman General 33 10-20-2007 09:02 PM
Sonic confirmed for ps3 launch SolidSnake76 General 15 07-09-2006 01:15 AM

Old 05-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube
Default Channing Tatum Confirmed as Gambit

So apparently Channing Tatum will be playing as superhero Gambit in a standalone movie.
This rumours was speculating over long time now. Today it was confirmed.

So what you guys think of this news? Good fit to play the Gambit role?

I'll give him a chance though.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

Last edited by estset; 05-13-2014 at 02:35 PM.
estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
`Crystal

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Channing Tatum Confirmed as Gambit

yassssss
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

if they make wear a wig...

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

So instead of a creole accent he will sound like a gangsta. Dont say he will try to because he wont he sounds the same in every movie he ever does. He also acts the same in every single movie he does. Oh yea this guy cant act so its going to be terrible. But ill be nice like all of you ill give him a chance.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Gambit sux

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Nope. Doesn't deserve his own movie, imo.

I honestly don't care. =\

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I would rather have seen one of these actors.

Jared Padelecki - Why? he has the complete look of Gambit and he isnt too shaby of an actor on Supernatural.

Josh Hartnet - Has the look and is actually a good actor who just doesnt get good roles anymore. Hell just look at him in Penny Dreadful and tell me he doesnt resemble Gambit a bit in it.

Alexander Skarsgaard - If you ever seen an episode of True Blood just listen to the accent. He can act the role of Gambit probably better than most actors and he doesnt look too far off.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #8
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

Johnny Depp would have been the ideal choice to play the role of Gambit. In my opinion, he's very well capable of pulling off the "look" as well as the character attributes necessary to in order to be an exceptional Gambit character.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

as long as Tatum can pull off the accent, it might be ok.

But yeah I agree with Liger, Jared Padelecki definitely fits the look of Gambit better than Channing Tatum. I think Johnny Depp is too old, plus all his movies are just weird lately (for his whole career).
Old 05-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #10
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
I would rather have seen one of these actors.

Jared Padelecki - Why? he has the complete look of Gambit and he isnt too shaby of an actor on Supernatural.

Josh Hartnet - Has the look and is actually a good actor who just doesnt get good roles anymore. Hell just look at him in Penny Dreadful and tell me he doesnt resemble Gambit a bit in it.

Alexander Skarsgaard - If you ever seen an episode of True Blood just listen to the accent. He can act the role of Gambit probably better than most actors and he doesnt look too far off.
Copy & paste from the chat, but honestly, I think the last actor Taylor (something) was a better choice than Tatum. But Battleship and John Carter bombed, so no way he'd get another shot. (I liked Battleship, though.)
I agree with choice #2. I don't watch True Blood or Supernatural, so I can't vouch for either of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Jay View Post
Johnny Depp would have been the ideal choice to play the role of Gambit. In my opinion, he's very well capable of pulling off the "look" as well as the character attributes necessary to in order to be an exceptional Gambit character.
Unfortunately, ageism and studios creating three-picture (at least) package deals means he can't have the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
as long as Tatum can pull off the accent, it might be ok.

But yeah I agree with Liger, Jared Padelecki definitely fits the look of Gambit better than Channing Tatum. I think Johnny Depp is too old, plus all his movies are just weird lately (for his whole career).
Yep. Too old. But there are exceptions. RDJ as IronMan for one. But that's somewhat rare.

Tatum will not pull off the accent, btw.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

The only actor that could have pulled it off perfectly when he was young was Val Kilmer.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

I read an interesting opinion. Channing Tatum to attract more female viewers. Crystal confirm?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

just a suggestion... why not having tryed to take a real french to do the job ?
after all, remy lebeau is french, not american or any other nationnalities.

why do you think he seduces people easily, he friggin speaks french.
to get the right accent, you need a fluent actor in both english and french.
otherwise you dont get that accent.

seriously, tattum, a very bad choice.
in fact, im pretty sure they took him only for the look.
and thats what i hate in the industry.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #14
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

ya I think Channing Tatum is good actor. To play the role of a Gambit movie (Xmen character), sounds good. Let's see how this turns out.

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #15
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
just a suggestion... why not having tryed to take a real french to do the job ?
after all, remy lebeau is french, not american or any other nationnalities.

why do you think he seduces people easily, he friggin speaks french.
to get the right accent, you need a fluent actor in both english and french.
otherwise you dont get that accent.

seriously, tattum, a very bad choice.
in fact, im pretty sure they took him only for the look.
and thats what i hate in the industry.
He isnt French, though he knows french he is Cajun. He is from the parts of Louisiana that speaks with Creole Accents which is mostly french speaking.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #16
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
I read an interesting opinion. Channing Tatum to attract more female viewers. Crystal confirm?
Perhaps.. But 2/3 of men Liger suggested are just as attracted if not more appealing to females like myself.

If Channing pull this off, it'll be golden. Reading what Liger said he kinda does act the same in all his roles.. be it step up.. magic mike.. or white house down.

Decision has been made.. Lets see what he can do
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Lieger, the lousiana thing is presumed, nobody knows where he actually was born.

http://marvel.com/universe/Gambit

but that has no real connections, cause you may have been raised int he US, if you were raised by french people, you'd be french ! they dont say specifically that they were french, so yeah they could be anything using french language. but reality stays. even his nickname was french. "le diable blanc" which stands for "the white devil" his name is french to say the least.

so yeah... taking a guy like tattum, yeah bad choice.
he'll never get the accent right. not to mention the guy plays the same role all the time.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #18
_Zom_B_X
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 21
_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road

Taylor Kitsch

Thanks, donkios.
_Zom_B_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #19
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Lieger, the lousiana thing is presumed, nobody knows where he actually was born.

http://marvel.com/universe/Gambit

but that has no real connections, cause you may have been raised int he US, if you were raised by french people, you'd be french ! they dont say specifically that they were french, so yeah they could be anything using french language. but reality stays. even his nickname was french. "le diable blanc" which stands for "the white devil" his name is french to say the least.

so yeah... taking a guy like tattum, yeah bad choice.
he'll never get the accent right. not to mention the guy plays the same role all the time.
Gambit has refered to himself as the Ragin Cajun. Lots of people in Louisiana have french names or last names as it was once a French Colony.

Last edited by Liger Zero; 05-14-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger, i totally understand that. and totally agree with...
but i got a question for you...
had you been raised 18 years of your lives by japanese US resident. wouldn'T that make you a japanese on US ground ?

same applies here, nobody knows where he was born... but he was definitely raised in lousiana.
nobody knows of his origins, hence why they say (presumably)

in the end it comes back to the same thing i said...
to be able to pull this off, you need someone who is the same as he is. or someone who is fluent in both languages. otherwise they will never get it right.