SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liger Killer General 10 12-17-2009 05:32 PM
Liger Zero TitaniumFist General 17 12-11-2007 03:43 PM
Another Liger Quote Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 07-07-2007 11:49 PM
Liger zero vs well anyone =d Liger Zero Challenges and Tournaments 5 03-08-2007 06:26 PM
Liger zero Wolfeh General 30 08-11-2006 04:16 AM

Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #51
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Let's Talk Movies With Liger Zero

Taking a movie from a foreign country to make it good in another is just that much beter in many cases. thats why movies gets westernized... a good exemple of that would be the use of GFX and everything including money. its pretty much known to any companies that does movies that hollywood as the money to backup their special FX and the rest of the action scenes on stage. while it is possible to make great movies without any special FX and the likes... it is just not attractive per say.

best exemple ever was josh whedon Dr. Horrible short film. done with literally zero budget. the movie is great and all, but it is far from what we are used to see. another great exemple is any of the asterix movies. had they been done in the US, the movies would have been way bigger.

so overall, movie wise...
not that much countries can have the money to make great looking vids
of course there are still the burgers and fast food that everyone wants to see reguardless of how sucky they are. like fast and furious, saw, final destination which all should of ended way before their ends.

there are a lot of great gems in foreign countries though...
i loved these...
- The Returner
- Taxi
- The Transporter
just to name a few. but overall if i look at these movies... their effects were sub par to anything hollywood would of done. they were all great movies and i still love them. but lets face it, had they had more money in their pockets those who made them possible would of done much more.

thats why we westernized things, because westernization means pumping more money into it. in order to make it better looking. now the rest is up to the teams to know if they wanna make a burger or a cavviar dish.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #52
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Taking a movie from a foreign country to make it good in another is just that much beter in many cases. thats why movies gets westernized... a good exemple of that would be the use of GFX and everything including money. its pretty much known to any companies that does movies that hollywood as the money to backup their special FX and the rest of the action scenes on stage. while it is possible to make great movies without any special FX and the likes... it is just not attractive per say.
its like saying..."Hey, your orginal version sucks, heres how you should do it!"

its kinda big slap to the face...

but in some cases, its not

for example:
the orginal japanese version of the Ring has received universal critical acclaim; Rotten Tomatoes lists it with a "fresh" rating of 97%, with 33 of 34 reviews positive

the american version of the Ring, although was well-received, only had 71% favorable reviews out of 180 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes score of 57/100 (mixed or average) from 36 reviews

so its a big misconception when we say westernize, meaning making it "better"

Last edited by bloodpack; 05-03-2013 at 11:23 PM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #53
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Just my take on the film with some facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Here is the first problem and it becomes a huge problem. They have a tillion dollar ship called prometheus with 17 people. 17 people to make first contact with a possible Alien race and you didnt send a diplomate, You didnt send any guards or trained millitary personel of any kind. No its all scientists. I get that its a scientific expedition but to have no saftey fall back what so ever. No qualified person to make first contact if this problem arises. No security or emergancy call back to earth incase problems arise....and they do. You imediately see this expedition is doomed from the start.?
So they take an exploratory ship several light years away to visit a distant planet based on what is perceived as an “invitation”. In the viral campaigns, Weyland paid for it and it is claimed to be a $1 Trillion endeavor in the movie. It’s the crew’s job to go out and find resources and life throughout the universe.
During briefing scene two guys have a small conversation “this is a corporate mission and that corporate doesn’t tell us anything” I can’t remember the full details.

Fifield < dude with the mohawk and some of the crew states that their only in it for the money
Here’s a link that basically shows the planets Wayland colonized, and his accomplishments
https://www.weylandindustries.com/

Discovery of Acheron LV-426 < The Planet from the Alien Movie
Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.
http://www.weylandindustries.com/timeline

It takes two years to get from Earth to planet LV-233 so calling for help is out of the question.

Quote:
Now there was a briefing scene with Bishop in a holygram which is technology never seen before in any of the other films. He is wearing probably the worst make up Ive ever seen in my life. I mean its like monty python scetch bad. This movie I said earlier is beautiful but appearently they forgot to hire a proper makeup crew because its awefuly fake looking and laughable. Why didnt they just get Lance Henrickson to play older Bishop?
Bishop? That’s not Bishop it’s just an older version of Peter Weland

'll try and see if I can answer more tomorrow, sleepie

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
i just dont understand why these (as you said) "tons" of japanese and/or other nation's films HAVE to be westernized(?)

some would argue it, "for the sake of expanding the marketability of a certain film" that it had to be westernized

i mean, the Swedish version of The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was successful enough to warrant exposure/distrubution to the global market

theres this just a feeling that Hollywood is so egocentric that they HAVE to be the "first" in everything when introducing an unknown franchise and doesnt want to be overtaken by another competition
Their both based on the novel so does it matter that much?

Last edited by DwAyN3; 05-04-2013 at 02:09 AM.
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #54
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6412
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Lets just be honest and say Ridley Scott screwed over the canon in this film. None of it really connects well to the Alien franchise. Actually nothing after Aliens connected well with the Alien Franchise. So for the longest time it was considered in the Novel that Charles Bishop Weyland founded Weyland Corp. Which AVP does acknowledge and why he was in it though not making much sense as he was alive in Alien 3. Even in the recent AVP video game they aknowledge this.

Then you got Prometheus that comes out and completely rips apart this Canon by stating Peter Weyland founded Weyland corp and bought out Yutani Corp to make Weyland Yutani. So far it connects well but the main issue is Peter Weyland. Are we suppose to assume he is Peter Bishop Weyland? being that Bishop was created in the image of the founder. Yet it makes no strides to explain any of that out in the open.

I also like how it makes no strides to really explain the character in the film itself instead makes this internet campaign just to explain a character they could have left Charles Bishop Weyland and no one would have had to look online at an entire backstory not explained too well into the film.

So if the sequel doesnt explain Charles Bishop Weyland in any way shape or form ill just assume he was ment to be Charles instead of Peter. It still doesnt explain the events in Alien 3 when you have the human bishop talk to Ripley who says he was designed after him.

The Alien wiki is trying to say it was Michael Bishop Weyland but neither in the film nore the esembly cut nore anythign else ever gave a name. They try to say he is the ancestor of Charles Bishop Weyland but again no where like Peter Weylands story is it explained in the film.

I can understand doing an internet campaign to advertise a movie JJ Abrams does it all the time but in the film he at least shows where the events happen so its explained some what in the movie. No where in Prometheus does it explain Peter Weyland like what I read on the net. I may have to actually go out and buy this terrible movie just to see if maybe there was a directors Cut I didnt know about that explains every single one of my questions.

It literally doesnt connect with the Alien Franchise like it was trying to do in the first place. Just because you show the Space Jockeys and show Planet LV-426 on a hologram doesnt make it connect to the previous freakin films.

Also Again It still doesnt make any sense what so ever knowing for a fact youre going to be seeing Alien life in some shape way or form and not take any armed millitary personel or armed guards. They had no saftey fall back in this film at all it was just 17 crew members most of whom are expendable. Even if its a corperate mission they would have some kind of trained guards on board that ship.

There is no way an entire corperation of men knowing for a fact they will be running into alien lifeforms take no saftey precautions. They could have hired mercs even to protect them anyone trained in any kind of weapons would make a whole lot of sense. In stead you have 17 crew members none of which are trained to handle weapons who later use said weapons and get killed off because they dont know how to use said weapons. It would have made sense to bring anyone trained in any kind of weapons even sharp sticks.......ty hudson.

There is just no way knowing that, that there is no security personel what so ever on board that ship. after it said 17 on the crew manifest I knew they were mostly expendable when I saw they're mostly scientists. This movie insults anyones inteligents. I may be nit picking a bit about that but even ignoring that there are still vast ammounts of stupid and silly moments in the film and people were falling over laughing at some bits. This is not how you try to save the Alien franchise this movie pissed on the grave that Alien 3 dug and that Alein Resurrection burried.

Last edited by Liger Zero; 05-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #55
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

BloodPack, never said the word better in the way of making a scenario better. i was talking better in the way that with much more money, its easier to make things looks better. story wise... even if you bloodpack were to take a scenario of the graphic novel, they wouldn't want you to make exactly like the original. the goal is to make your own. hence why the movies are never identicals.

Exemple of Karate Kids 2009... why wasn't it great... because it tryed to be a rip off and not its own movie. many would say its an hommage to the movie and thats what it was supposed to be, but in the end it should of been its own movie. and thats also why many of the remakes here fails. cause instead of being remakes, they should of been their own movies.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #56
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

I don't believe that Prometheus is designed to connect to AVP, I can't see any reason why it doesn't if you want it to.

CB Weyland founds Weyland Industries. That never really recovers from the death of its founder in 2004. In 2012, after the 8th anniversary of CB Weyland's death, another member of the Weyland clan, the precocious Peter, founds Weyland Corp, a holding company which integrates the remaining Weyland Industries under its corporate wing. The WI revenue allows Peter to complete the extremely expensive Solar Panel orbital array in 2015 (well before investment is opened for Weyland Corp).

Utilising remnants of the technology left over from AVP, an atmosphere processor is built at the South Pole in 2016.

Peter retains an interest in CB Weyland, and later heavily invests in droid production, as a homage to the Godfather of Robotics.

Quote:
Also Again It still doesnt make any sense what so ever knowing for a fact youre going to be seeing Alien life in some shape way or form and not take any armed millitary personel or armed guards. They had no saftey fall back in this film at all it was just 17 crew members most of whom are expendable. Even if its a corperate mission they would have some kind of trained guards on board that ship.

There is no way an entire corperation of men knowing for a fact they will be running into alien lifeforms take no saftey precautions. They could have hired mercs even to protect them anyone trained in any kind of weapons would make a whole lot of sense. In stead you have 17 crew members none of which are trained to handle weapons who later use said weapons and get killed off because they dont know how to use said weapons. It would have made sense to bring anyone trained in any kind of weapons even sharp sticks.......ty hudson.

There is just no way knowing that, that there is no security personel what so ever on board that ship. after it said 17 on the crew manifest I knew they were mostly expendable when I saw they're mostly scientists. This movie insults anyones inteligents. I may be nit picking a bit about that but even ignoring that there are still vast ammounts of stupid and silly moments in the film and people were falling over laughing at some bits. This is not how you try to save the Alien franchise this movie pissed on the grave that Alien 3 dug and that Alein Resurrection burried.
But they did have trained guards on board the shup, We definitely see some guns. They empty several clips trying to kill Fifield, to very little effect.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #57
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
But they did have trained guards on board the shup, We definitely see some guns. They empty several clips trying to kill Fifield, to very little effect.

Those were scientists with guns thats why I have a gripe with that issue.

Also no Prometheus doesnt connect with AVP but it should have at least kept the Canon going from the novel that previous films did. Though Resurrection being the most terrible of the alien movies didnt keep any Canon or tried to even be a serious movie.

But anyway those reasons in my first post were reasons why I disliked Prometheus.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #58
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
She lets out the dumbest response I think in movie history that literally insulted me. The movie insulted me. She says "Because I choose to believe it".......which was brought up earlier when she sees someone being carried off and she goes where do you go when you die. The moment this movie started doing this it was a very cheesey written science vs religion movie. No person in their right mind would ever and I mean ever give a trillion dollar expedition to some alien planet just because some moron choose to "BELIEVE IT"

Worst scientist ever.....this isnt how science works.....what she did was jumping to a conclusion or a completely unsupported hypothosis.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #59
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so in that video again she chooses to use belief over scientific facts and use beliefs as facts. Thats the worst scientist on the face of the earth. Just as I stated no idiot in their right minds would spend a trillion dollars just because some moron chooses to believe in something. I believe I could make a ground breaking movie yet you dont see people forking over millions of dollars for me to do it. This has the be the worst written part of this film.

As I also state that her religion/beliefs arent even really tested in this film what so ever so it never becomes a main stable of the film. It gets thrown away and even at the end of the film when she says she still believes even after all teh events in the film her faith really wasnt tested. I would believe it if maybe her beliefs/religion helped her at some point in the film like save her or give out a helping hand but nothing ever happens its just one sided science in the science vs religion so its extemely hard for me to believe she would still even believe in the end of the film.

Im tired at the moment so what im typing may not make much sense but dam she is the worst written character in this film. We are suppose to make space bound jumps into conclusions and make all kinds of unsupported scientific evidence as facts just because some idiot wants to BELIEVE in it. Jesus christ movie.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #60
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

You know what i hate about these kind of going...
the fact that nobody thinks the movies, each and everyone of them are supposed not to be connected. kinda like the zelda games, its totally impossible to link the zelda games together.

i dont think AVP was made to be connected to anything.
i just think they did it with characters we knew to glue that story together and make it more AVP like !
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #61
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
BloodPack, never said the word better in the way of making a scenario better. i was talking better in the way that with much more money, its easier to make things looks better. story wise... even if you bloodpack were to take a scenario of the graphic novel, they wouldn't want you to make exactly like the original. the goal is to make your own. hence why the movies are never identicals.

Exemple of Karate Kids 2009... why wasn't it great... because it tryed to be a rip off and not its own movie. many would say its an hommage to the movie and thats what it was supposed to be, but in the end it should of been its own movie. and thats also why many of the remakes here fails. cause instead of being remakes, they should of been their own movies.
which goes back to my earlier point of view about the hollywood's system/trend (about adaptations of previously made films, novels, comic books, etc.)

and the lack of ingenuity/creativity to create original scripts and/or screenplays
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #62
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Ok so in that video again she chooses to use belief over scientific facts and use beliefs as facts. Thats the worst scientist on the face of the earth. Just as I stated no idiot in their right minds would spend a trillion dollars just because some moron chooses to believe in something. I believe I could make a ground breaking movie yet you dont see people forking over millions of dollars for me to do it. This has the be the worst written part of this film.

As I also state that her religion/beliefs arent even really tested in this film what so ever so it never becomes a main stable of the film. It gets thrown away and even at the end of the film when she says she still believes even after all teh events in the film her faith really wasnt tested. I would believe it if maybe her beliefs/religion helped her at some point in the film like save her or give out a helping hand but nothing ever happens its just one sided science in the science vs religion so its extemely hard for me to believe she would still even believe in the end of the film.

Im tired at the moment so what im typing may not make much sense but dam she is the worst written character in this film. We are suppose to make space bound jumps into conclusions and make all kinds of unsupported scientific evidence as facts just because some idiot wants to BELIEVE in it. Jesus christ movie.
I don't see a problem with Wayland paying for the trip to LV233 because in the links i posted earlier to his fake websitehe was planning on going to planet LV 426. Also in the viral video posted above "Quiet Eye" Shaw was trying to get backing from wayland corportion.

So since LV223 and LV426 are in the same solar system why not go?

Also wayland wants the key to eternal life and believes he can find the answer from the beings who created it thats where shaw comes in.

The year is 2089 though, so a trillion dollars probably wont go as far as it does today.

You're right about Shaw though, her back story and motivations are never properly explored and she ultimately seems like an idealistic dreamer rather than a scientist.

But in the past scientist do risk their lives all time to prove or find something, in her case our Creator

Bump: I disliked shaw and the two guys that get lost in the movie lol

Last edited by DwAyN3; 05-07-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
which goes back to my earlier point of view about the hollywood's system/trend (about adaptations of previously made films, novels, comic books, etc.)

and the lack of ingenuity/creativity to create original scripts and/or screenplays
notice how i said... many and anot a precise number, cause there are really good remakes out there. remakes that were kinda better then the originals. or as good as the originals.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #64
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Ok lets get this started back up lol.

So Expendables 3 is still being casted and Stallone has confirmed 2 new additions plus a returning actor.

Jackie Chan and Wesley Snipes are confirmed from Expendables 3. Wesley was very excited to return to the top he said.

Mickey Rourke will be returning to the franchise.

Stallone is also saying Steven Seagal may be in the 3rd film as well stating that he "Talked to Seven S in Moscow, said he would love to do the 3rd film if the part fits" on Stallones twitter.

Now Im excited for Jackie and Wesley as long as Wesley doesnt act like he did filming Blade 3 then everything will be good. Im glad Mickey Rourke is coming back to the franchise as I missed him greately in 2. I dont know how to feel at all about Seagal. He was goo through most of the 90's as an action star with most of his earlier work but he has sense just been god aweful in making movies and is even far far out of shape. Also his wig that he wears which has been noticeable since Glimmer Man is really going to continue to annoy me. The dude is bald and needs to accept it.

All in all Im looking forward to it and im still hoping Sly finally casts Michael Biehn who greatly needs a career boost. I mean this man is a very very very underated character actor and I see why James Cameron always casted him and wanted him in Avatar until he casted Weaver and said might as well not because it will make people think of Aliens. Biehn was to play the role Stephen Lang played in Avatar. Hopefuly they cast Michael Biehn in Avatar 2 and 3.

I mean seriously Michael Biehn is a very underated actor.

Terminator - Kyle Reese
The Seventh Sign - Russell Quinn
Aliens - Dwayne Hicks
The Abyss - Hiram Coffee (should have won an freakin oscar cause he was believable as someone who went crazy.)
Navy SEALs - James Curran
K2 - Taylor Brooks
Tombstone - Johnny Ringo
The Rock - Charles Anderson
The ARt of War - Robert Bly
Grindhouse - Sheriff Hague

I mean this guy really gets into his characters. Even his made for DVD movie that he directed The Victem he has some very bone chilling lines

I mean the acting in it is aweful except from Michael Biehn. He always seems to get into any character he plays and its amazing to me he never got bigger roles. I know he cant be labled hard to work with because everyone whos ever worked with him only has great things to say about him and hes always laid back and calm.

He somehow has played so many millitary type characters and you dont see them as just Michael Biehn playing millitary characters you just see him as those characters. Like you see him as Kyle Reese you think Kyle Reese. When he played Dwayne Hicks in Aliens like there was nothing that was carried over from Reese he totally got into another character and you completely saw him as Dwayne Hicks in Aliens. Same can be said for Navy SEALs and The Abyss.

James Cameron pushed to get an Oscar nom for the Abyss because he was very outstanding in that film. The film wasnt amazing it was just a good film but Michaels preformance in the film was just amazing especially the scenes where he went crazy.

Another good preformance was in Tombstone as Johnny ringo. I thought he acted in the movie just as well as Val Kilmer did who should have won an Oscar for Doc Holliday. Biehn as Ringo was just the perfect adversary for Val as Doc. They matched eachother in acting ability I thought in the film. Like just watch the first time they meet in the movie Tombstone.

This dude is a very underated actor and I think would be prefect for expendables 3. Stallone wanted him in Expendables 2 but Biehn was too busy shooting other films.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #65
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know how this got bumped back to page 2. Lets talk about somethings as far as movie news and Ill talk about After Earth.

So Mila Jovovich officially joins Expendables 3 and they are talking to Nicolas Cage again.

Hannibal got renewed by NBC not that its movie news but Im happy as hell.

Stallone wants Rambo 5 after Expendables 3 and in my oppinion that would just make the 4th film seem lesser as he already went full circle from the first film to the 4th. I hope Sly doesnt get it off the ground as Ive heard several plots. 1. Super human soldier that Rambo must stop, 2. Drug cartels kidnap his daughter he didnt know he had, 3. Drug cartels flee to Mexico from Arizona (seems like last stand), 4. Rambo fails at the civilian life again.

None of those plots Sly has fed us with over the years seems good at all.

I GUESS MINOR SPOILERS FOR AFTER EARTH. Im not really giving away the story for those who havent seen it. Its mostly about writing, directing, acting.

I was taken to this film because my friend said Im wrong about M Night Shyamalan and his recent films. I say his recent work is terrible and uninspired and my buddy thought he would prove me wrong. We both walked out of the theater not only not liking the movie but were greatly confused I guess would be the word.

I dont really think I should give away a lot of the story and I wont for those who havent seen it. There were a lot of things that were sort of just written easily off with a sentence or two like "the creatures only attack us if they sense our fear, if we relax they leave us alone" and my reaction to that was why?. Just seemed like an example of uninspired writing.

The major issue most people have about the film is they say its a film about Scientology which I really didnt see but I really dont know much about it other than it was original a book written by some guy and then some idiot read the book and started a religion out of it. So I really dont know much about it at all and I wont touch base on that one.

The major issues for me through the film were the interactions between Jaden and Will. It didnt seem like parenting at all and really it was just awkward. I mean it got uncomfortable durring most of the film seeing them interact. I dont know if this was the writers fault here or Will Smiths "Kids can raise themselves" philosophy of parenting. It could just be a combination of both as Will is suppose to play a father who really isnt a good parent at all.

Will Smith's voice through the film really annoys you. He trys to talk really proper and there are some words where he loses his accent I guess is what I should call it. It was fine for a while but eventually it just made scenes really that much more awkward. Its like Will Smith was doing a Carlton impression and I expected him to dance to Tom Jones.

I wont do like most critics and compare this to Battlefield Earth cause there isnt much at all to compare this film was really bad. It was the fault of the writing because he quickly explains things and then throw you into what they thought was action but it was just running around the wilderness playing hide and go seek with animals. It was never intense at any points durring these scenes. I think the trailer did a better job making it intense. Also there are are scenes that are just easily forgetable to the story and are written off by a quick sentence or two.

Its like Star Trek First Contact(I LOVE THIS FILM) when at the end they say the gravitational feild obstructed us from the Vulcans scanners. Ok......wait what? that doesnt make sense because nowhere was it ever said gravitational fields can block sensors. Also it wouldnt make any sense because most of whats out there are gravitational fields..........but I let that go. But its stuff like that in After Earth that gets quickly written off. I think it further shows that Shyamalan has lost whatever it was that made such classics as Unbreakable and the Sixth Sense. Lets not forget he wrote Stewart Little.

The other thing I blame is the directing which is also Shyamalan. There are so many shaky cams and fast moving pan arounds that if you get motion sickness like I do avoid this movie because its there from the start and stops for a bit then its just non stop and you get lost even more because half the time things move to fast then Jaden is laying on the ground still and you are like "dubya tee eff when did he get on teh ground".

The other thing I blame is the acting. This is by far the worst effort Will Smith has ever given. I think he was trying to make his son look like a better actor and I think I want to go with that explanation. He just does not sell his role at all and seems very stiff through the film. He seems into the film but at the same time looks like he is really holding back. His voice eventually annoys you in the film and the scenes between Will and Jaden are very awkward. I mean its unbelievably awkward to the point where youre like this is bad parenting in SPAACCEEEEEE.....oh wait its Earth. Still though it doesnt make sense to me why Will Smith would seemingly hold back for Jaden when Jaden was not doing that good a job himself.

I think the acting is what brought the film down more so because it was just so awkward. I keep saying it because I cant seem to find the right words to explain what Im trying to say about it. The acting isnt good at all at any point in the film.

When all 3 major points acting, directing, and writing all fail then youre movie is doomed. Again Im not completely sure if it was fully Will and Jadens fault for the acting as it seems their characters were written bad to begin with but it did seem like Will was holding himself back to give Jaden a bigger spotlight. It just failed miserably. Its no surprise it probably wont even make the projected 30m weekend. It only made 9m on thursday when other films like Fast 6 and Now You See me pounded the hell out of it. Which btw is aweful for a movie that spent 130m on production and 100m on advertising. This may be a worse flop for Shyamalan than Lady In the Water. I hate when films think they can spend that much money and expect it to be a box office hit when really its just a huge waste of spending money.

I could easily given 15m budget which btw these days is the bare minimum and make a dam good film.

I think I would give this film a 3.5/10. I mean it was just bad it was so bad it was bad bad. Everything in this film seemed uninspired and most parts of teh film are just awkward. If you can avoid seeing this then please do so.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #66
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Not reading the After Earth review.

Happy about all casting news for EX3, the story needs to be better than the lameness that was EX2.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #67
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear about EX3. Rambo 5 jst kills me... he was the first to say that Rambo 4 actually closed the thing and thats why the fifth one didn't happen back then.

not gonna read after earth, because i haven't seen it yet.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #68
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to see The internship and After Earth this Friday xd
Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #69
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I like your threads, but you could possibly do shorter reviews. Just condensing and editing down. Not that I have an issue reading - I usually skip the ones I still want to see.

Jumping off y'all's chatbox discussion, it will be interesting seeing how Man of Steel plays out. One thing I notice about Cavill in all the previews (I don't watch official clips), is a lack of any presence as Superman.

The dialogue by the heavy-hitters/veterans is there (Lane, Costner, Crowe, even Shannon is a damn good actor), the insane action and feats by Superman is there, the film looks great, I like the bits of score we've heard - but Cavill's presence as Superman is something that seems left out of all previews.

I don't think anyone can quite live up to Reeve, but I'm wondering if he can carry the film as an actor, basically. I do know that for most moviegoers, he won't have to.

How the story/script will play out is another thing. But it seems decent so far.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 06-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #70
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

To be very honest I cut my reviews down as much as possible lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #71
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

The man of steel is a movie i didn't quite wanna watch after viewing allt he trailers except the last one, now that i see it being more then what the dark knight brought us, im wiling to see it.

like you TFist, i'm not quite sure about the guy doing superman, and i really wish the story will be great. if both of these can go right, then the movie will rock.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #72
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Better than The Last Air Bender and the Happening, its watchable

Brief story : So Will and Jaden smith ship crashes on earth which has been unpopulated by humans for thousands of years, and now Will is injured so his son has to retrieve some type of homing beacon so they can get help.

To me the movie wasn't to bad i didn't like Will smiths characther in this film the whole silent serious type didn't really work for me it dones't fit him, but i think the main problem for me was the casting of this movie Jaden Smith at this point will Will Smith ever play a father in movie unless his son is played by Jaden smith. Is Jaden good in this movie? At some scenes yes but overall i think they should have gotten a more experinced young actor.

Some of the effects, green screen and sgi in this movie were looked so fake. The Cgi of the cratures looks like some of the monsters from those lame syfy movies lol.
This movie had so much potential

i don't feel like going in too much details about this movie ill just give my rating
5/10 one time watch only

Last edited by DwAyN3; 06-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #73
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think its watchable at all. There was no chemistry at all within the cast. The other cast members that appeared in teh film couldnt keep that terrible accent going. Will Smith was probably the 2nd worst thing in the movie. Jaden didnt act well at all and his accent with the lack of pronouncing R's was just laughable. I couldnt help but leave the theater after hte movie was over and try to immitate his voice jokingly to my friends. The story was a typical M Night Shyamalan story that goes absolutely nowhere.

I dont see at all how you can have no chemistry with your own son. I mean for gods sake he is your own son. They put the movie on Earth hense the title but to me it didnt even need to be on earth. It could have been any other planet and wouldnt have made any difference. I mean they could have shown ruins or what was left of earth while they were on the planet instead they crashed in some remote part of the rockies I believe. Its like why base it on earth on not show any of the after effects. It could have just been any other planet and no one would have noticed.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #74
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Review of Resident evil retribution

SPOILER ALERT but it shouldn't matter just don't see this movie

first thing i would like to mention is that i'm a HUGE fan of the resident evil game franchise, RE 2 and 4 being my favorite. To me just telling you that you can get an idea of how i feel about the films.

Ok lets talk about the plot for the movie. Yea there's no plot. Milla Jovovich is in some place where they control her mind and the little hologram girl from the first film is back. She wakes then realizes that she was in this fake hologram world and now she is suddenly attach to this holorgrafic daughter this daughter that's not real, she's not really her mother. Watching this you really don't know whats going on. Is this a real little girl because a few seconds ago it wasn't real and now you're suppose to care about her. Where is this relationship going to go? This little girl is hologram right? or did i miss something i don't know i feel like an idiot regardless this one of the worst movies i ever seen, man Paul W.S. Anderson needs to take a break.

a few of the many problems I had with the movie

Every action scene in this movie is in slow motion, everything is in slow motion. There is no sense or realism or excitement because everything is in slow motion.This copies off the matrix it copies Alien there is a scene in the movie where this giant creature kills every one in sight theres no reason for the creature to show any mercy of any kind it kills everyone in sight it sees the little girl "The little hologram girl where suppose to care about" It just takes her and puts her in some tube that perserves her alive just like in the movie aliens for no reason at all. See in aliens it actually makes sense in this it doesn't. The monster "Oh snap theres the little girl im just gonna grab her and put her in this thing so that main characther can resuce her later." Theres no suspense in this scene at all it's just so fleeding and it just passes right by its horrible

There is another scene when our chacther gets out of sticky situation by blasting a hole through the ice and then falls down there and the zombies are swimiiming around the ice why can't they just fall down there and kill her? of course there not becuase the hero is up there even though they can crawl up through the hole and kill her.

At the start of the movie when she is imprisioned a draw just suddenly slides open and there is all her clothes and weapons and everything in her prison cell. Why is it there? for no reason. arhhhh..

The character Ada Wong every line she says is aduio dub im convinced thats not her real voice one hundered percent sure that's not her real voice

Paul W.S. Anderson sits and writes his movies like 6 year old kid and im sick of it dude stop making movies when everything is in slow motion and the script is horrible you have an idea of how to frame a shot i can tell but there so bad dude just stop everything you do looks like green screen ****

Resident evil retribution gets 1/10 stars

I'm going to see The Purge tomorrow i'll post my thoughts on the film

Last edited by DwAyN3; 06-08-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #75
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

You dared review the movies... seriously.... seriously...
everyone knows the only movie worth mentionning in the whole RE franchise are the CGI ones and first movie which kinda was good. at least a lot better then the sequels...