SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
forum and in-game registration bloodpack New Features 22 08-26-2012 09:29 PM
More Forum Problems? system4 Bugs and Problems report 7 10-02-2007 04:24 AM
Forum problems masterbob General 4 04-10-2007 07:29 PM
Forum problems Bandit04 Bugs and Problems report 4 11-14-2005 05:58 PM

Old 09-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 774
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Forum Registration Problems?

Hi,

This is a quick request. Despite trying the forum registration process myself (a few months ago) after making changes to new member registration options (and I haven't made any changes since), new members are reporting problems with joining the forum.

That's where I could use your help.

Any existing member who has some free time may grab one of the forum screen names below, use it to sign up, and then report any and all issues you have with trying to register via your other account in the thread below.

Once you take a name, post below so folks are aware you've already taken that handle.

I've walked myself through the registration process (which is not the same as it was when I joined 11 years ago when we were on ikonboard), and encountered no problems. I was able to follow the forum's instructions and have my new account up and running.

However, maybe I missed something.

Please keep this thread clean for troubleshooting.

TestAccount0AZ
TestAccount1BZ
TestAccount2CZ
TestAccount3DZ
TestAccount4EZ
TestAccount5FZ
TestAccount6GZ
TestAccount7HZ
TestAccount8IZ
TestAccount9JZ
TestAccount10KZ

Be sure to use an email address not already registered on the forum, and to check your spam/junk folders for mail from the forum. The registration process should wind up sending you two confirmation/validation emails.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 09-12-2017 at 11:47 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 97
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Forum Registration Problems?

The problem I'm getting is not getting the verification code sent to the email I provided.... Just tested this and never got the email. Nothing in junk or spam either and I used a new gmail email address.

Maybe disabling this would allow more people to register?

Last edited by system4; 09-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
leftyfb

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 51
leftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enoughleftyfb will become famous soon enough
Visit leftyfb's Facebook Visit leftyfb's Twitter Visit leftyfb's YouTube Visit leftyfb's Last.FM

*Maybe disabling this would allow more people to register?*

This is true, and exactly what we DO NOT want. This would open the flood gates for spam/garbage accounts.

Give me email addresses(NOT usernames) that are having trouble signing up and I'll look them up.

Code:
 ,-O  Ubuntu Linux
O   ; http://www.ubuntu.com
 `-O  Linux for Human Beings
leftyfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 73
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyfb View Post
*Maybe disabling this would allow more people to register?*

This is true, and exactly what we DO NOT want. This would open the flood gates for spam/garbage accounts.

Give me email addresses(NOT usernames) that are having trouble signing up and I'll look them up.
True, if that's disabled then bots, and a ton of spam would take over the forum in no time...
Murder-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 774
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

If the members who're unable to register could contact us (via email, via ICQ, or on our official Twitter), let us know what email addresses you're trying to sign up with and we'll go from there.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote