SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My take on "Cheap" tactics Rella_X General Comments & Strategies 12 04-25-2012 04:16 AM
If you were in a video game which game would you be in AeroX17 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 08-18-2011 08:17 PM
Wolverine Tactics. Kaikisen General Comments & Strategies 12 04-14-2008 10:55 AM
(VT) Vicious Tactics MechaRyu RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 11-28-2007 11:22 PM
Street fighter online tactics/tips SBYRD5 General Comments & Strategies 67 06-23-2006 03:12 PM

Old 10-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
Micro_SMG

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook
Default SFO In-game Tactics

I've been playing SFO for awhile now and I just wanted to list a few of the general in-game fighting tactics I've come across. What sort of tactic do you use?

Corner Denial
When the match begins, you back jump to one of the corners and literally deny the opponent access to that corner. Mind you, they will try there hardest to get you out of that corner but with pure projectile spam and back jumps, the opponent will have no choice but to move away from you. Rinse and repeat.

Corner Assault
When ever your opponent backs into a corner, no matter what, don't let them breath!

TLF Rampage
Build your special meter to level 3 and unleash your TLF Helper. While they're out, never do a super and monitor your special meter. If your special meter is about to run out, simply stop using the key commands that make the TLF helper attack in order to build your meter back up. Rinse and repeat.

Cross Over Mayhem
This is done preferably with 2 characters that shoot large beams. Simply build up to level 2 and do a cross over. With this tactic though, that is literally all you're trying to do the entire fight.

SWITCH
You start this one off by picking the helper "Spiral". This one is straight forward. When the opponent is jumping towards you, you activate spiral to teleport. Do your special as soon as you're on the other side of the screen. This can also be used defensively to avoid being hit with a super.

The Variable Way
The only goal here is to build your super bar to level 3 and do a variable attack. Rinse and repeat.

The Stalker
You've mastered the art of block jumping and all your doing is following the opponent non stop. You attack when you have a clear opening.

Tag Supremacy
Your tagging in and out constantly to avoid heavy damage and keeping both your characters health bars at the same amount through out the entire fight.

Airborne
Your in the air 80% of the time building your special meter while at the same time harassing your opponent with projectiles and melee attacks.

Rush Down
The best defense is a savage offense. Your opponent can't react fast enough to your onslaught of melee attacks, projectiles, and specials.

Bahki’s Hidden Ougi
Hit them with stuff till they die. (lol this guy)

Spam King
Stay in one spot and spam a specific move or projectile non stop.

Normal Buffer
Using mostly standing or crouching normals on landing after a jump block in any direction, such as standing HK (RYU), crouch MP (shotos), Standing HP (VIP Bison) etc..

Buffer these normals randomly after most movements or special attacks to get random damage on your opponent, or use lag as your friend to have normals interrupt most unexpected supers before they begin on your screen.

Just Jab
Light punch them to death without using any special attack.

I'd like to hear some strategies from you guys. I stayed clear away from character specific strategies but by all means, lets hear it

Last edited by Micro_SMG; 11-29-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube
Default Re: SFO In-game Tactics

Hello micro-smg, can I start things off in this thread and say outta that list, I use 3 of those tactics. Since the question only says 1, I will choose: The Variable Way. As a old-schooler:

Why? because I like my playing style of using 2 characters to perform constant supers before the time limit ends. Only when I host 1vs1 tags games, I enjoy it. When I join other players' games, not everyone plays 1vs1 tag games.

My SFO History Information:

IGNs/Characters: 1) Shadow_Raichu (Sentinel, Spider-man) 2) runney (Wolverine, Cyclops), 3) Arkoth26 (Ken, Ryu)
Game Modes: XvssF or Unvind or Zero-E
How Long Been Playing SFO: since 2001-present
Clan: Elite Aces
Current Status: Elite VIP/Community Member
Position: SFO Staff Moderator of 2017

Last edited by Shadow_Raichu; 10-02-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #3
LegendaryLucci

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 398
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

I like corner attacks, i mastered that at one at one point or another with Ryu,Bison, and Akuma. I use that technique frequently with Bison.

Corner Denial: Never had a corner I couldn't have. Super Jump game too strong.

See you once you've done that thing I told you to do.
LegendaryLucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice

@Runney
The Variable Way? You must've had people rage quitting hard.

@LegendaryLucci
You're definitely good at both. Corner Denial is 100% more effective when it's your host.

For me, I'm going with The Stalker. I'm a master at block jumping and putting pressure on my opponent.

If you guys have any other strategies, I'd like to hear them.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #5
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 96
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cross Over Mayhem
This is done preferably with 2 characters that shoot large beams. Simply build up to level 2 and do a cross over. With this tactic though, that is literally all you're trying to do the entire fight.
I don't know why people do this.. Crossover is broken right now, the attacks doesn't show on the receiving end...

Quote:
The Stalker
You've mastered the art of block jumping and all your doing is following the opponent non stop. You attack when you have a clear opening.
This is me... I'm a very defensive fighter, however, I mix it up. I don't always follow my opponent. I make them think that I'm coming towards them especially if I'm Chun li, then they go to the other side and I just fall right under their heads

However, those that try to corner already ask for trouble if I'm already stalking. Rest assured 95% of the time, I will not let my opponent corner me (most definitely if I'm Spiderman), because I'm always on the move in which you should of added another category.. Airborne, those that air block and stay in the air 80% of the time.. So mix Airborne with Stalking, you got a winner..

Last edited by system4; 10-03-2017 at 07:42 AM.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1234
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

What about rush down? My offense is my defense.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #7
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Bahki’s Hidden Ougi: Hit them with stuff till one of you dies.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. The list has been updated. Keep them coming!
Old 10-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #9
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

hello again, micro smg, would you like me to share with you the other 2 tactics as I stated in the 1st post? or edit the one I already have and delete this post?.

IGNs/Characters: 1) Shadow_Raichu (Sentinel, Spider-man) 2) runney (Wolverine, Cyclops), 3) Arkoth26 (Ken, Ryu)
Old 10-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #10
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runney View Post
hello again, micro smg, would you like me to share with you the other 2 tactics as I stated in the 1st post? or edit the one I already have and delete this post?.

Share as many as you want, that's the whole point of this topic dude. No need to ask for permission and stuff. You don't need to delete your post either.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #11
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like

awe.... thanks so much micro-smg, thank you thank you. Here goes, since I am here:

The other tactic I also use is: Switch. Why? because even though I don't believe in the term "best character or best helper", spiral is considered a good helper once you know how to use her. For example, (I use wolvy & sentinel as primary characters on my shadow account), when I see an opponent's super coming off my end, would use spiral and teleport to the other side of one's screen to avoid it. The problem I find is the timing and being smart of this. A good example would be is certain ryu users vs. my wolvy.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
LegendaryLucci

Post Thanks / Like
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

One move that stood out to me that allowed me to control corners is Bisons teleport. When mastered correctly you can teleport behind your opponents right before they special. He can also teleport Arial as well and most of the time most people special on the ground, Bison can inflict massive damage airborne.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #13
XtremDark

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
XtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura about

My tactic is:

1- Log in
2- Be awesome
3 Log off
XtremDark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #14
Usurp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 160
Usurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the roughUsurp is a jewel in the rough

either win ... or lose

^^Live Ranking^^
|Elite Vip, Sep 2006|1st Place Event Winner, July 2017|Elite Vip, June 2017|1st Place Tourney Winner, Aug 2017|S.F.O. Patriot, Aug 2017|Official SFO Rapper, Aug 2017|SFO Moderator, Sept 2017|Outstanding Member, Sept 2017|SFO Color Crew |*****-****** *** *******|
Usurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:43 PM   #15
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like

@Runney
You're probably the only one still around that uses that helper. Good stuff.

@LegendaryLucci
His teleports are especially effective when it's your host. The screen seems to move in your favor.

@XtremDark
You'd 1st have to actually log in to be awesome. Something tells me that's not the case anymore.

@Usurp
Bruh...?? Come on man...
Old 10-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #16
XtremDark

Post Thanks / Like
XtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura aboutXtremDark has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_SMG View Post
@Runney
You're probably the only one still around that uses that helper. Good stuff.

@LegendaryLucci
His teleports are especially effective when it's your host. The screen seems to move in your favor.

@XtremDark
You'd 1st have to actually log in to be awesome. Something tells me that's not the case anymore.

@Usurp
Bruh...?? Come on man...
Check who posted the last challenge in the challenge section.

I don't need to log in anymore cuz:
1- there is no one to defeat.
2- i've now a good computer to play and i can be as good as i was in 2k5 2k6
3- So now i know no one can take me.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #17
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremDark View Post
My tactic is:

1- Log in
2- Be awesome
3 Log off
This is Bahki's Hidden Ougi Part #2

I have it copyright'd

Please cease in desist claiming it as your own.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
XtremDark

Post Thanks / Like

My bad, my routine is:

1- Wake Up
2- Be Awesome
3- Go to Sleep
Old 10-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #19
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again micro-smg bro. Please mention me again. Another tactic I may use during my fights is this one: Cross Over Mayhem

Why? because on my 3rd in-game account: "Runney", and based on my signature below, it's really easy to build up 2 level bars (aka dream-team such as cyclops/ryu) by spamming either hadokens or optic blasts. I use this tactic because it's easier to cause great damage to my opponents when playing certain opponents in my own host. Now if I was teaming with a partner (in a 2vs2 scenario), in someone else's host then I may use this tactic as a last resort when in trouble.

Also, I don't mean to disagree with system4 on this tactic but... the receiving end of this tactic actually does hit. Why? because the way I look at it = means depends on the character they use, the speed they have, or how good their internet connection is for multiplayer (based on the type such as 1vs1 tag, 2vs1 tag, or 2vs2 tag). Sometimes when I get a quick warmup in single-player, I use these 2 characters with this cross-over mayhem tactic just for the fun of it to annoy the CPU. lol feel me?

Last edited by Shadow_Raichu; 10-11-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #20
catman20
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

Low kick spam in the corner then finish them off with a super ohhhh wait this isn't sf4.

catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #21
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runney View Post
Thanks again micro-smg bro. Please mention me again. Another tactic I may use during my fights is this one: Cross Over Mayhem

Why? because on my 3rd in-game account: "Runney", and based on my signature below, it's really easy to build up 2 level bars (aka dream-team such as cyclops/ryu) by spamming either hadokens or optic blasts. I use this tactic because it's easier to cause great damage to my opponents when playing certain opponents in my own host. Now if I was teaming with a partner (in a 2vs2 scenario), in someone else's host then I may use this tactic as a last resort when in trouble.

Also, I don't mean to disagree with system4 on this tactic but... the receiving end of this tactic actually does hit. Why? because the way I look at it = means depends on the character they use, the speed they have, or how good their internet connection is for multiplayer (based on the type such as 1vs1 tag, 2vs1 tag, or 2vs2 tag). Sometimes when I get a quick warmup in single-player, I use these 2 characters with this cross-over mayhem tactic just for the fun of it to annoy the CPU. lol feel me?

Forget actual players, we out here tryna annoy the damn CPU! The mighty NPC! The godlike BOT! Hilarious I tell you!
Old 10-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #22
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like

Tag Supremacy
Your tagging in and out constantly to avoid heavy damage and keeping both your characters health bars at the same amount through out the entire fight.

Ummm, yeah I feel you micro-smg, the god-like bot would be so funny and hilarious lol. Aside from that part, I may have used this tactic once before, but I know 3 other players who use this tactic so well. Their names are: "kemswift", "ImuneCPO", and "ShinAARU". Why? because they like to double their character picking (via select screen), and perform strong supers to avoid much damage. I fought each of them before and found this tactic annoying after awhile, but can't complain tho, cuz that's how they play by their playing style. Based on their connection speed, I can see why it was hard to battle them, because on the receiving end of one's comp they were not taking much damage. For example, (kemswift's characters were Juggy/Juggy vs. my wolvy/sentinel) in my own host games. Feel me?

Old 10-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #23
LegendaryLucci

Post Thanks / Like

One thing about it though i could never do the crossovers.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #24
Shadow_Raichu

Post Thanks / Like

hello there, micro-smg. I had another possible suggestion to add to that list, its called: Spam King
Meaning, your staying in 1 area using the same move or ability over and over again throughout the entire match.

Yeah bro, something like this kinda.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #25
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 115
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremDark View Post
My bad, my routine is:

1- Wake Up
2- Be Awesome
3- Go to Sleep
Instructions unclear, got **** stuck in blender.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote