SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Name suggestions. Americanbadass Banners, Avatars and Images 24 04-02-2009 09:49 PM
Suggestions rvca General 5 07-14-2006 06:33 AM
Some suggestions..... JohnnyBlaze New Features 14 11-09-2005 11:21 PM

Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about
Default A Few Suggestions

Hey guys, I have a few suggestions that I believe would improve SFO.

1) SFO via LAN !
Well first off, this would get rid of lag if you're playing via a LAN. This is the most radical one. I don't know how much coding it will take but it seems like a good idea. Yes, few people will actually use LAN but when they do, it'll be worth it.

2) When characters are tagged they should both take damage. For example, say your fighting someone, and they call in a temporary assist. You dodge it and super back. The problem with this is that you only cause damage on the player that got called in meanwhile the other player just taunts and stands back in the background. This also happens when players do variables. If you're in the air and counter it, only one character gets hit instead of both. Which leads me to my final point.

3) We should be able to pick in the host whether we want variables or not. There could be an On/Off button like the timer and helper buttons that would read "enable variables." I really feel like a Tag match is ruined when a noob spams variables.

Well, that's it! I would love to hear your thoughts

EDIT: Can a mod put [Suggestion] as a title prefix? I forgot to. Thanks!

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe MŮĈ ♫♫
(Hado)-(King) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
EasyWin
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
EasyWin is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit EasyWin's YouTube
Default Re: A Few Suggestions

Yea it sounds good to me
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
))Shadow-Ken((

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about))Shadow-Ken(( has a spectacular aura about
Visit ))Shadow-Ken(('s Facebook Visit ))Shadow-Ken(('s YouTube

@Suggestion 1:-
yea, i like the idea....
We rlly need LAN plays....
it will reduce lag & bla bla bla.....
I guess for this type of play we just need new type of server.... no?

@Suggestion 2:-
I got ur point, but i feels its alright the way it is....

@Suggestion 3:-
its not needed...
just dont let the noob do variables... lolz.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
))Shadow-Ken(( is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 337
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: A Few Suggestions

All other suggestions are alright but i to believe suggestion 2 is alright as it is.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Hado)-(King) View Post
Hey guys, I have a few suggestions that I believe would improve SFO.

1) SFO via LAN !
Well first off, this would get rid of lag if you're playing via a LAN. This is the most radical one. I don't know how much coding it will take but it seems like a good idea. Yes, few people will actually use LAN but when they do, it'll be worth it.

This would be nice, maybe implemented aye?

2) When characters are tagged they should both take damage. For example, say your fighting someone, and they call in a temporary assist. You dodge it and super back. The problem with this is that you only cause damage on the player that got called in meanwhile the other player just taunts and stands back in the background. This also happens when players do variables. If you're in the air and counter it, only one character gets hit instead of both. Which leads me to my final point.

Yes, I agree, but this is not really a necessity. Although it would be nice that they both get damaged.

3) We should be able to pick in the host whether we want variables or not. There could be an On/Off button like the timer and helper buttons that would read "enable variables." I really feel like a Tag match is ruined when a noob spams variables.

^ No. This is not that serious, if you dont want variables play 1v1 (no tag), Variables are part of the game, this is like saying we should pick weather we can use specials or not (which is primal mode). I dont think this will ever happen, because hardly anyone uses variables now-a-days, there more of a off guard last resort thing.

Well, that's it! I would love to hear your thoughts

EDIT: Can a mod put [Suggestion] as a title prefix? I forgot to. Thanks!
Lux = Bold
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

1 - LAN connection wouldn't make a difference.
You do know what LAN(Local Area NetWork Connection) is and how it works right?
Because the way you've trying to describe it, does not make sense... LAN connection can not be used between us, unless we are in the same location. (Office, Library, or house.. etc...) If you've gathered a bunch of SFO players, globally, and place them in one area, then yes, LAN would be a good idea. but ATM, it honestly wouldn't make a difference.

2 - Ehh.. I guess.. Although I thought this already happens.

3 - No... You guys complain way to much about this and that... Honestly, all these "restrictions" you guys be requesting, takes the fun out of the game... COMPLETELY.... Honestly, all these moves take-outs and stuff that you guys want, will lead SFO to be nothing more than QCF-P game. AKA "Hadoken".
Don't like a variable? MAN UP!

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 02-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Post Thanks / Like
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake78 View Post
1 - LAN connection wouldn't make a difference.
You do know what LAN(Local Area NetWork Connection) is and how it works right?
Because the way you've trying to describe it, does not make sense... LAN connection can not be used between us, unless we are in the same location. (Office, Library, or house.. etc...) If you've gathered a bunch of SFO players, globally, and place them in one area, then yes, LAN would be a good idea. but ATM, it honestly wouldn't make a difference.
yea, I know what LAN is... and the lack of LAN is why Starcraft 2 fails. Anyways thats why I said "few people would actually use it." But yea when you do use it with some friends, it would definitely be nice.

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe MŮĈ ♫♫
(Hado)-(King) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

I always said it and always will be.. LAN is what makes games the best thing. because being a gang of people int he same room playing the same game is a lot more fun then going on the net and type things in to speak with them. i agree with starcraft II failing, seriously !

i would love to have an offline mode in this game, sometimes i just want to play for fun at job, but i dont have a connection and thus i can't. wish we had an offline mode... wait a second, we do have an offline mode ! its called start the game, play annonymous and start the story. oh you were speaking of multiplayer, yeah that also would be nice... but the fact is, how many people would use it ?

Everything is just better in a LAN setting.
Sure TMyApp is an old game veteran and knows what we mean by this.

variables, i always thought their coming in this game was a big mistake, just as much as unblockables.
so i'm not against the idea, then again i've spoken to tmyapp often about making a new button called options and bringing us to a new page with all options we want on or off. but he always says the same thing... it would require to redo the whole chat room for that to work. and he just doesn'T want to. to that i'd answer... remove the sfo logo where the server on off is... that way you make room for another option or two !

as for charcater being hit... well he's right in one point...
the assist doesn't phase me... but during variables it clearly is abusive, consider one player gets hit and the second can just shoot you while you are in that super because... well you do not touch him and thus you cannot stop him either ! which means you are stuck in getting hit while he can just spam his super and hit you like mad and you just dont get a say in it.

in the end variable = Sure hit
whatever happens variables are sure hit and once you get hit, both opponents can just smash you into pieces and you just lost half of your life bar like that. and unlike the unblockables... you can't stop variables from coming. variables are too abusive in such a game. i always thought of them as being bad in MvC but in SFO they aren't bad... they are ultimately OVERPOWERED !!!!

removing them is not an option, but making both chars being on screen like it does in brawl would do make them less abusive then they are now ! and thus i agree with the idea of making them both be hittable instead of just one. make it like a semi brawl match during variables !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote