SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MvC2 on Xbox Origin, anyone know? (Hado)-(King) General 11 06-22-2011 11:52 AM
The origin of sagging (F-K)dark~ace General 27 12-24-2008 11:02 PM
Official tournaments. Bandit04 General Comments & Strategies 6 05-17-2006 11:42 AM

Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default 'official' annual tournaments origin

for the guys who knows the SFO history better than me (and admittedly my memory isnt with the years gone by), is it true that the TOC is not FIRST 'official' tournament?

if so...i guess now i know where the mother (idea) came from...

http://nferno666.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/...0;hl=bloodpack

Last edited by bloodpack; 08-23-2012 at 11:05 PM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
silver-ken
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
silver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 'official' annual tournaments origin

makes me mad about how many people used to join tournaments.
Now-a-days you'd be lucky to get fifteen people to join.
silver-ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

No tournaments are ever official as in, "they aren't on tournament page" ont he main website. you know the tournament link which sup^posed to show which tournaments was doen and by whom. that said, TOC was the first official tournaments as it was supported byt he staff themselves.

so no it wasn't official by TMyApp, but it was by us staff members back then, though i wasn't one back then.
in all cases there are a few tournament names that we keep for ourselves. because they are considered official, and ToC is one of them. along World Warriors Tournament and another i dont remember.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
silver-ken
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
silver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished roadsilver-ken is on a distinguished road

lol NWOTA bro,
Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
No tournaments are ever official as in, "they aren't on tournament page" ont he main website. you know the tournament link which sup^posed to show which tournaments was doen and by whom. that said, TOC was the first official tournaments as it was supported byt he staff themselves.

so no it wasn't official by TMyApp, but it was by us staff members back then, though i wasn't one back then.
in all cases there are a few tournament names that we keep for ourselves. because they are considered official, and ToC is one of them. along World Warriors Tournament and another i dont remember.
but then even if a tournament is hosted by a staff, IF tmyapp doesnt recognize it, it IS still considered "unofficial" and that would include TOC
TOC didnt even offer any 'official' prizes back then

as tmyapp himself mentioned in the old thread i posted:

princevegetam: uh.... in case you ppl haven't noticed, we already HAVE an official tournament known as TOC(Tournament of the Champions) which Zing79 hosts once in a while.

DX Zero: it was never official...

TMyApp: exactly... we NEVER had an "official tournament"

point being: my suggestion for an official tourney came on Oct. 29 2002

the World Warrior Tournament, which was considered as the first official tourney by TarkanX, came sometime in June 2003

the suggestion i made, which was even commented by tmyapp himself as "...well... that will always be the dream..." has brought forth and inspired gazillions of tourneys that sprouted like mushrooms and the people winning special characters, moves, and titles from these official tourneys that came after

in a small unsung yet fulfilling way, a simple suggestion has come a long long way...and most of these people i see bearing titles in their avatars and signatures as tournament winners doesnt even know it...

Last edited by bloodpack; 08-23-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
KingofStreetfighter101
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 33
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

The last time there was an "offical" tournament, an exclusive helper was given as a prize (sentinel! )

Imagine how big the prizes would be if that were to happen again.
KingofStreetfighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

gotta be kidding me right ?

first ToC prizes were these...
- first place gained a GOLDEN RYU color, which was one of the first time ever we had a color in game.
- tournament banner in-game, yes you'd see the tournament winner appear under his name in the game during a fight
- the red sentinel helper, the one that rushes thru the screen, that thing was high enough to get you even during super jumps. everyone wanted that one.

thats all i remember of it.
yes there was definitely prizes and those prizes were given by tmyapp himself.
if you want to compare what tmyapp does, then no tournament were ever official since none of them were made and maintained by tmyapp. if you wanna see it the way it is, then no.... no tournament ever was official.

as i said though, consider all staff related tournament as official since they were approoved and prized by tmyapp.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
gotta be kidding me right ?

first ToC prizes were these...
- first place gained a GOLDEN RYU color, which was one of the first time ever we had a color in game.
- tournament banner in-game, yes you'd see the tournament winner appear under his name in the game during a fight
- the red sentinel helper, the one that rushes thru the screen, that thing was high enough to get you even during super jumps. everyone wanted that one.

thats all i remember of it.
yes there was definitely prizes and those prizes were given by tmyapp himself.
if you want to compare what tmyapp does, then no tournament were ever official since none of them were made and maintained by tmyapp. if you wanna see it the way it is, then no.... no tournament ever was official.

as i said though, consider all staff related tournament as official since they were approoved and prized by tmyapp.
errr...thats what ive been keep saying, lolz
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

no you been saying that TOC wasn't an official tournament, while yes it was !
because it was endorsed by the staff. aka the staff are the same as tmyapp.
thats what im saying, its not because TMyApp isn't involved that tournaments aren't official.
after all TMyApp had gone out of his way for many tournaments just for prizes which means they were official... just not maintained by him.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

aight, i missed that prize part...anyways...

Quote:
no you been saying that TOC wasn't an official tournament, while yes it was !
^lol, funny thing is NOT about you and me not being on the same page but you and TmyApp NOT being on the same page; have you browsed the link i posted above?

even AFTER TOC, TmyApp still wouldnt consider TOC as "official", as stated by the man himself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp; Posted on: Oct. 29 2002,18:21
@DX Zero: exactly... we NEVER had an "official tournament"
even blanka09 said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanka09; Posted on: 05-16-2006, 10:42 AM
None of the ones you mentioned will or SHOULD be official tournaments because of one and only one reason. TMyApp wasn't involved. As long as TMyApp isn't involved, they wouldn't be official tournaments
TMyApp approves a certain tourney then gives the prizes, youre right, but in terms of him organizing it? nope...

Quote:
because it was endorsed by the staff. aka the staff are the same as tmyapp.
^lolz, you speak as if youre on the same level/league as him

Quote:
after all TMyApp had gone out of his way for many tournaments just for prizes which means they were official... just not maintained by him.
^see? even you are not in tune with your fellow staff (blanka09)
thats what you call 'opinion'
my comments are based on citations

Quote:
^but i guess, for the meantime...we all just have to settle with the current tournaments
i can agree with you that we all just have to view the current tournaments as 'official' BUT not official official, maybe semi-official

Last edited by bloodpack; 08-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i have been saying all along buddy...
no tournaments are ever official in the way that tmyapp never managed any of them.
but considering that the official staff are considered as tmyapp right hands, you can actually say that it was. because it organised and maintained by the staff which is equal to tmyapp managing it.

so right now im wondering, why did you even ask the question if you didn't want to hear the answer ?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
silver-ken
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

bloodpack wanted to pretend to seem smart and start an argument just for the hell of it.
You should ban him, if I did that i'd be banned.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1173
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Red sentinel helper???

Show me.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
so right now im wondering, why did you even ask the question if you didn't want to hear the answer ?
well actually, at first i really didnt know, i was having doubts/confusion
but this forum has a feature where a similar topic can be seen on top related to the one you post based on tags
so i did some research, read the related topics, searched the old forum related to this and i found out

@silver-ken - i dont have to pretend, nothing to pretend and dont tell the staff what to do, they know their jobs
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

oh ok, fine by me ! shiny, it was removed from the game because sentinel in sfo 1.0 came out. as a matter of fact as soon as an helper became a playable character, the helper was removed, only sakura, bison and juggy are still there... though only availlable in TMC and some of them bugs out the game entirely, like sakura.

the red helper is legendary for the 2k1-2k3 veterans. but to the rest it is now mythical. as you have no way to ever see it happen. maybe i should say it is now a folk tale.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

you mean the characters that the TOC winners have won can still be used and be played by them?

btw, i was reviewing some old threads and then re-discovered tony thomas is actually zing79 from a thread i made that he posted on, and tmyapp is from canada like nosould4ever