SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The official snitch thread. silver-ken RaNdOm iNsAnItY 6 10-04-2012 07:23 AM
The Official Thank You TMyApp Thread Sir Nash General Comments & Strategies 15 03-04-2012 11:35 PM
The Official Cow Thread whitetigerclaw3 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 6 06-21-2008 02:09 PM
The official rap thread J-Kwn RaNdOm iNsAnItY 87 03-05-2007 06:44 PM

Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
`Crystal

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough
Default AMC The Walking Dead Official Thread

I believe it's about time we provide a thread for the television show on AMC, "The Walking Dead".

This is the official TWD thread to discuss past episodes, your likes/dislikes, predictions of future episodes, favorite characters...etc.

I love the fact that a handful of this community watch this show. Most people already know the comic book associated with this show. This thread is for the SHOW only. If you are currently reading the comics (yours truly), try not to spoil things for others by stating what happens in the comics. [Personally I recommend everyone should read the comics :-P]

Welp, let's talk about it!

PS: spoilers will be banned from thread ^_^

Bump: After watching last Sunday's episode I'm psyched to watch the mid-season finale!!

Hopefully those who aren't caught up will catch up before the continuation of the season!!

Btw, if Glenn dies I won't watch the show anymore >_>
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AMC The Walking Dead Official Thread

Yay. Thread.

Can I do predictions? =|

Because no one lets me do that in RL...because it's often right...

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

Lol, I'll love to hear your predictions.

Lol @ Always right, you sound like someone I know.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

CHILLLL no predictions, thats sorta a spoiler.

Anyways, this (I htink) is the best season yet, The next episode looks promising, Looks like ish is about to go down.

I hope the Govener gets killed though, and that stupid ass blonde girl. I dislike hem both, especially the blonde girl.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I said often, not always. lol.

But fine, Lux.

The actor who plays the Governor plays him well, but yeah, I hate him. We're supposed to.

Andrea...was interesting once...

Season 1 was and is the best, imo. The Woodbury is like the quarry in S1, the farm in S2, - but worse because we don't even pick up interesting new characters or storylines along the way. (Merle doesn't count, and is interesting.)

We're just waiting for it to be over. At least I am.

I want to know why Liger doesn't like Rick, though.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like

I love Rick. And the actor plays him perfectly! I don't see whats not to like.

Predictions shouldn't be spoilers =/, but I'll keep mine to myself.
Season 1 had to be good. It was the starter, haha..they had to draw people in.

Andrea is like an extra now, I really don't like her now.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Season 1 was good cause of Shane and the problems he brought, same with season 2 (to a degree)

Season 3 (now that I think about it) isnt as great as season 1. But I am interested on whats going to happen next this Sunday. From the preview of the next episode it looks like theirs going to be a lot happening. Also that Asian dude is a f'n G.

Thank God he's Girl ant get raped too. I would of had to personally kill the Governor lol But teasing and messing around with her head like that is basically as bad as doing it. I know (hopefully) his day will come soon.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
I said often, not always. lol.

But fine, Lux.

The actor who plays the Governor plays him well, but yeah, I hate him. We're supposed to.

Andrea...was interesting once...

Season 1 was and is the best, imo. The Woodbury is like the quarry in S1, the farm in S2, - but worse because we don't even pick up interesting new characters or storylines along the way. (Merle doesn't count, and is interesting.)

We're just waiting for it to be over. At least I am.

I want to know why Liger doesn't like Rick, though.
He is an authority figure and those types dont make good leaders in any post apocalyptic situation. Look at the Governor for example, he is an authority figure and uses that to control and manipulate an entire town of people. Rick is an authority figure and is pretty much like if you dont like how I lead then you can GTFO and has on several occasions done stupid things. Which some of those things has gotten a few people killed already and he has no one else to blame for that than himself. Him snapping on a recent episode was probably the best thing to happen to him.

I dont like and never liked Andrea and im still rooting for her to die. When Michonne saved her in season 2 I was very upset and wasnt surprised she is still an idiot in season 3. I like Merle because I am a fan of Michael Rooker. I Like Daryl because he is very relatable.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

Hmmmmmmm.
Adrea turned into a hoe.
Michune is so independent its crazy, I effing love her
Carl is growing up n fast, he actually had to kill his mother I just can't believe he went thru it.
The baby is so adorable! But who the **** has a child during a zombie error
Rick seems to has lost a few screws, was that phone really ringing at all?
Merl has a hidin agenga i see him not keeping his word to the governer.
I hateeee the governer

To be Continued.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-Ashley-) View Post
Hmmmmmmm.
Adrea turned into a hoe.
Michune is so independent its crazy, I effing love her
Carl is growing up n fast, he actually had to kill his mother I just can't believe he went thru it.
The baby is so adorable! But who the **** has a child during a zombie error
Rick seems to has lost a few screws, was that phone really ringing at all?
Merl has a hidin agenga i see him not keeping his word to the governer.
I hateeee the governer

To be Continued.
No the phone was never ringing I thought it pretty clearly explained that as he was talking to Laurie.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

yeah the actor who plays Rick does quite a good job when i compare him to the comic (have read all TWD comics way before the series came out).

Interestingly, I really like the TV's governor, however the prisoner with the long hair that Rick killed early on in this season actually physically matches the governor more than the guy who is playing him now.

The whole show is so much different from the comics, i think that is what is keeping me hanging out for more! Different characters have died, new characters have been introduced, different storylines, but the strong storylines from the comics remain the same. For example Shane died in the comics quite early on, but was left until the end of season 2 to be killed. And Dale was alive in the comics well into the prison and beyond (and even had a relationship with Andrea!).

So i really like where the TV series is going even though i kind of know what's going to happen, I really want to see it played out with live actors.

Also, Michon is bad-ass! hopefully they bring out her crazy side in the TV series.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

I know he couldn't have been talking to the dead ( duh ) but you answered my question I was just thinking that the phone could have been actually ringing. Just a hunch.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
yeah the actor who plays Rick does quite a good job when i compare him to the comic (have read all TWD comics way before the series came out).

Interestingly, I really like the TV's governor, however the prisoner with the long hair that Rick killed early on in this season actually physically matches the governor more than the guy who is playing him now.

The whole show is so much different from the comics, i think that is what is keeping me hanging out for more! Different characters have died, new characters have been introduced, different storylines, but the strong storylines from the comics remain the same. For example Shane died in the comics quite early on, but was left until the end of season 2 to be killed. And Dale was alive in the comics well into the prison and beyond (and even had a relationship with Andrea!).

So i really like where the TV series is going even though i kind of know what's going to happen, I really want to see it played out with live actors.

Also, Michon is bad-ass! hopefully they bring out her crazy side in the TV series.
I agree with everything here. LOL

I wouldn't be a good show if they just mimic everything from the comics. I love the variation of the storyline and till ties it to the comic.

But about the show.. Season 3 isnt that "great" to some people because there isn't a lot of action. They're are just playing catch up with the comics, i believe the director said that was his aim this season. 1 and 2 very very very different.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

Save Glenn pleasssse God, and to a lesser extent Maggie.
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #15
Dark_slice
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about

hey, is the next one the last one ? i thought i heard season finale ?
Dark_slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
(-SpideyKing-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_slice View Post
hey, is the next one the last one ? i thought i heard season finale ?
Mid-Season, don't worry lol

The walking dead is awesomeeeeee xD. It gets better and better everytime. This season is probably my favourite 1, but its a shame a certain individual in season 2 had to die (not sure I can say who lol, but im sure you know who I mean). He had a massive role and was one of my favs! Nvm though, its still awesome lol.

It will be a shame if Glenn dies, but I dont think he will. I think Rick and the govenour will go head to head and Rick will kill him. Hopefully . But yeah im psyched too for the mid season finale lol cant wait.

WWT3 1st Place Champion

Last edited by (-SpideyKing-); 11-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

i'm hoping that Maggie gets to kill the Governor, or better yet he tries to do something more to Maggie and Andrea walks in on him, and see what a nutjob he is and kills him herself.

Also i'm thinking that they'll somehow work into the story that Daryl will end up having to kill his brother Merle. Perhaps Merle tries to do something nasty to Carol and Daryl finds out he has feelings for Carol and is forced to kill choose between his brother and his new group of friends. (this is just a prediction seeing as Merle never existed in the comics at all!)

It also looks quite clear that Carl is gonna hook up eventually with that younger daughter of Herschel.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
i'm hoping that Maggie gets to kill the Governor, or better yet he tries to do something more to Maggie and Andrea walks in on him, and see what a nutjob he is and kills him herself.

Also i'm thinking that they'll somehow work into the story that Daryl will end up having to kill his brother Merle. Perhaps Merle tries to do something nasty to Carol and Daryl finds out he has feelings for Carol and is forced to kill choose between his brother and his new group of friends. (this is just a prediction seeing as Merle never existed in the comics at all!)

It also looks quite clear that Carl is gonna hook up eventually with that younger daughter of Herschel.
Well I thought it was pretty clear Merle just wants to find his brother as he rarely ever listens to the Governor. I think perhaps he by some chance does rejoin the group though I dont know how that would work out after he beat the hell out of Glenn.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

this seasons barley getting good 2 was dragged out just played walking dead for x box 360 check it out 5$ a season very fun not same story but same storyline just different characters was pretty fun just beat season one last night

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Warning. Spoilers for all episodes already aired below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
He is an authority figure and those types dont make good leaders in any post apocalyptic situation. Look at the Governor for example, he is an authority figure and uses that to control and manipulate an entire town of people. Rick is an authority figure and is pretty much like if you dont like how I lead then you can GTFO and has on several occasions done stupid things. Which some of those things has gotten a few people killed already and he has no one else to blame for that than himself. Him snapping on a recent episode was probably the best thing to happen to him.
I totally disagree.

I admit, I don't know if the Governor was a real authority figure (before he took over Woodbury post-apoc), but he strikes me as a guy who just set himself up as something he never was. He doesn't have an internal-code, or a true sense of right and wrong. He's twisted. Granted real authority figures can be like that, but this is fiction so let's keep going.

Rick on the other hand, is a blast to watch because he has to balance two things, (1) doing whatever he has to to keep his family and his group safe and alive and (2) that internal code of right and wrong.

We saw how much he struggled with #2 in season 1 (well, it was less of a struggle - he went back for Merle, no ifs ands or buts) and especially in 2 (to kill or not kill that crazy kid they picked up), and while it had it's drawbacks, that (and Shane) was some of the best content.

Shane dogged him about it to no end - whether he'd do what was right for his, or keep being the upstanding, moral figure who always did what was right.

End of S2, he seems to have made up his mind he was going to be a dictator (and it shows now) but I think his internal sense of right and wrong will redeem him/keep him from NOT turning out like the Gov. The Gov's someone who I still think was never a real authority figure, but just set himself up as one and enjoys the power, but uses the power for his own gain and interest. Come on, the evidence is clear as day. How many of the town's women do you think he's had in his bed? Just because he could/they're attracted to power. Or how about how because his daughter turned he's chosen to kind of set up his own little quasi-scientist to find a 'cure'. I even forgot about the slaughter of the soldiers just to take their gear. The guy's a psychopath/sociopath, and that is something Rick isn't.

Everyone's gone down a dark road post-apoc, and that's the core of the show.

That said, the differences between these two men can't be clearer. Rick hasn't (and hopefully won't) become as twisted as the Gov. I know the folks on the boards keep talking about Dark-Rick coming out but I'm ignoring them/hoping he doesn't get much more dark than he already is.

Quote:
I dont like and never liked Andrea and im still rooting for her to die. When Michonne saved her in season 2 I was very upset and wasnt surprised she is still an idiot in season 3. I like Merle because I am a fan of Michael Rooker. I Like Daryl because he is very relatable.
Andrea was interesting with her sister, dealing with sis' death, wanting to die, and her relationship with Dale. Right around the point when she started the power-play for Shane/bitching at Lori she started going downhill.

Merle is awesome, and so is Michael Rooker. May be the best role he's had in ... a long time. The S1 scene on the rooftop is my favorite of the whole show. (The fact that they made him up is pretty cool, too. Didn't know that, Fader)

Quote:

I hope Michonne does something interesting because from the second she came on-screen last season (at least her character) I was disappointed. :[

And now that she's got an actress playing her, I'm still disappointed. No depth so far, just mean-mugging, angry, ninja black-chick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzie View Post
Save Glenn pleasssse God, and to a lesser extent Maggie.
Lol. I don't think either will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-SpideyKing-) View Post
Mid-Season, don't worry lol

The walking dead is awesomeeeeee xD. It gets better and better everytime. This season is probably my favourite 1, but its a shame a certain individual in season 2 had to die (not sure I can say who lol, but im sure you know who I mean). He had a massive role and was one of my favs! Nvm though, its still awesome lol.

It will be a shame if Glenn dies, but I dont think he will. I think Rick and the govenour will go head to head and Rick will kill him. Hopefully . But yeah im psyched too for the mid season finale lol cant wait.
You can say it. Shane. :[

@Everyone on who kills the Gov, my money is on Merle, but Andrea might make sense. Either way...Gov dies, Andrea and Merle rejoin Rick's group.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 11-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

Is this show good never watched an episode before

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

^ Get out.....................................
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by x~Silver~x View Post
Is this show good never watched an episode before
Its a good show in fact its better than most shows out right now. I was watching this and Revolution till that started to suck out the wazoo. Season 2 drags and at some points just annoys the living hell out of you but so far season 3 has made up for the annoyance season 2 was.

@Tfist - Rick has always struggled between whats right and wrong and that showed more so in season 2. He kept that secret from them the entire show which was the wrong thing to do and Im surprised no one left. He should have told them from the beginning and then no one would question his leadership abilitys. Heck even Daryl noticed what was going on with Rick and wanted to leave at one point but was talked out of leaving by Carol.

The only reason Rick hasnt turned into the Governor is because he hasnt been put in the situations the Governor has. We dont know what Rick would do about a group of armed soldiers or given the leadership of an entire town of people. Rick declared himself dictator at the end of season 2 and it became no questions asked about anything he says and it has already gotten some of the characters killed. Hell anyone who questions him just get ignored and at some point I would have been like Cya Bye Bye.

Yet he continues to be conflicted between right and wrong even asking Laurie what would be the right thing to do and even seeking advise from Herschel. But whenever anyone has an objection it just becomes shut up and do it.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #24
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. See, for me, it isn't the authority, or the power, that's the problem; it's the man.

The Gov. is a psycopath/sociopath.

Rick is not.

Doesn't matter how much power you give either man, it's who they really are inside that will make them choose right or wrong, self-interest or the best interests of the group, as they see them.

Doesn't mean they'll always be right, or that we'd agree with them.

Rick's core motivation is right over wrong, except when it's in the best interest of the group. The Gov's isn't.

Quote:
@Tfist - Rick has always struggled between whats right and wrong and that showed more so in season 2. He kept that secret from them the entire show which was the wrong thing to do and Im surprised no one left. He should have told them from the beginning and then no one would question his leadership abilitys. Heck even Daryl noticed what was going on with Rick and wanted to leave at one point but was talked out of leaving by Carol.
He can argue that the group would've splintered, given up, or died after splintering had he told them they were all going to die. There's an argument that it was in the group's best interest.

And, agreed, Daryl is great leader, and less conflicted than Rick - and a great wingman. So, it'll be interesting to see if they make him choose one over the other: split with Rick or stick with him. (Which they likely will)

Quote:
The only reason Rick hasnt turned into the Governor is because he hasnt been put in the situations the Governor has. We dont know what Rick would do about a group of armed soldiers or given the leadership of an entire town of people.
We do know what Rick would've done. Rick waits until the last possible moment, when he knows someone is a threat, will always be one, and then he ends their life.

-Shane? Check. Dude was plotting Rick's murder.
-Two dudes in the bar? Check. Dudes were about to draw on him.
-Latino prisoner (who looks like the Gov did in the books)? Check. Dude shoved a walker at him.
-I was disappointed that he tossed that one guy to the walkers...but I think he took a swing at him first.

So, I think we can actually say Rick would not have killed soldiers who did not draw on his group. The Gov. showed up, shot first, took their gear, then lied about it. That's a sociopath/psychopath.

As for the town, Rick has kids. No way he'd be allowing walker capture for sport, that's for sure.

Quote:
Yet he continues to be conflicted between right and wrong even asking Laurie what would be the right thing to do and even seeking advise from Herschel. But whenever anyone has an objection it just becomes shut up and do it.
What's wrong with asking his wife for advice? Lol. Or Herschel. The old guy's cool (even though there was that...barn...thing...).

I'm still not seeing how the situation alone makes the men who they are; a big part of whatever they choose to do comes from within.

Rick, deep down a good guy.

Gov, deep down a sociopath.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like

Let's keep in mind that even when Rick didn't want to lead the group, they insisted on him leading. Because none of them can make the decisions that he had to make.

Because he's a cop and he knows how to deal with situations, there has been some decisions that has gotten people killed. Even then the group didn't split up.. they are better of with Rick as a leader than Shane or anyone else.

@Liger I don't know what situation would cause Rick to become like the governor. I don't see Rick rounding up walkers for entertainments or keeping them as pets.

Bump: Dang Tfist you kinda stole my answer/response. LOL

But yea.. what He said!!