SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Jackson Tribute Thread: Legacy Lives On Zpower General 13 06-27-2009 06:24 PM
Freddy Mercury lives? Wolfeh General 13 08-17-2008 06:02 PM
ESTSET LIVES! TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 03-22-2008 05:49 AM
Anybody who lives in texas rs300 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 9 10-10-2006 03:37 AM

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #51
Noobkiller

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 64
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

Wow. Really wasn't expecting this, not this soon.
I don't want to see a game which had a major impact on my life and many others to simply disappear. Poof.

SFO lasted over 10 years, it is not a 'simple' weekend project.
I keep hearing that SFO was a one man project, I disagree with that.
I give my out most respect to you Tmy for creating such a game, however I will have to give more credit to the staff.
They are the ones who kept things in order. It was them who hosted the many events/tournaments that created activity for this game.
They are the ones who selflessly gave back to the community day in and day out.
SFO became the legacy it is today because of those few individuals and also because of the many dedicated fans who played this game for countless hours.

Tmy, you mentioned that SFO has steadily decreased in its player base/donations. Well, what did you expect?
When the only person who has control over the game disappears from the public, players slowly start losing faith.

I understand the situation you are in right now and hope things look better for you in the future.
However, there is one thing that really bugged me in the past. Why didn't you allow the other staff/sysop members to help code the game[especially while you were away]?

Why does this have to be a make it or break it moment?
Shady_Vip made an excellent suggestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Shady_vip)^ View Post
You can temporarily hand it down to another staff member (if they are able/willing) until you get back on your feet.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #52
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I think it's too late. He just doesn't even have the time to hand it down and transfer all the data and such to anyone.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #53
1-hitta

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2451
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
I think it's too late. He just doesn't even have the time to hand it down and transfer all the data and such to anyone.
He doesn't have time to transfer it real quick?...
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #54
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Shady_vip)^ View Post
He doesn't have time to transfer it real quick?...
No. He honest;y have no time in any way, shape or form towards SFO. More or less, getting himself together personality is at the #1 priority atm.

@ NK - The questions you've asked were basically answered in his post. But I understand where you are coming from.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #55
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

No, I don't think he has any time to do anything quick. Nor do I think transferring the authentication server properly would be quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp View Post
I have seen it all, the good times and the bad. I've survived multiple crises in my life up to then, and I always felt like I could handle and/or push through anything that life would throw my way.
Unfortunately I was wrong ... because at the end of last year, I was forced to live through an event that brought me to my knees.

In early November of 2012, a member of my immediate family was diagnosed with an extremely rare and crippling neurological condition (which effects less than 0.001% of all people). The initial treatments provided little relief, and the doctors soon upgraded their diagnoses to the "chronic form of the disease". I've spent almost a month in December (including Christmas) at the hospital, at which point the person in question was discharged under my care. While tremendous recovery/progress was made during January, on Feb 5th 2013 the neurological disease relapsed. Once again, I've spent yet another month at the hospital (ie: 24/7 living on the hospital chairs without going home ... tending to someone I love night and day, while overseeing treatment after treatment, hospital transfers and even a dreadful week in the ICU I would soon like to forget). Currently, the family member I speak of is still under my care and is once again recovering very slowly. However, as with all things in life, all we can do is pray and take it one day at a time, since none of us are promised tomorrow.

The end result is that this recent personal weight has left me in the worst financial state of my life. On top of paying all the medical bills, the near-constant residency at the hospital has left me in a position where I was not able to look for even temporary work (on top of not having a full time employment for 2 years). From the SFO's point of view, I am several months behind on the hosting/bandwidth/co-location/server bills (which will total to about $500 next week) as well as 3 months behind on internet bills (yet another $300). But even if these can be paid, my own personal situation is much more dire. The vig on the bank loans is at $600/month, and after I borrowed my last $200 towards food and meds upon the latest hospital discharge, I am now left with nothing. In addition, I am currently $1300 behind on rent, and as it stands, I am due to receive an eviction notice this month (March 2013).

If someone feels compelled to donate towards keeping SFO alive, you are welcome to do so, but at this point, I am not quite sure of how the money should be spent. (ie: even if someone donates $100 towards SFO, should that donation be spent on the bandwidth/internet/server bills? Or towards making sure I still have electricity to run the auth server? Or towards making sure TMy is NOT living on the street while using the auth server as his pillow? ). Given the situation, your prayers may help a lot more than any financial contributions, since I cannot clearly see of how any part of my life can be improved at this point without divine intervention.

Personally I am way too tired to answer these questions, and unfortunately with all that is going on, SFO is not the first priority in my mind these days.
This part here. This doesn't leave TMyApp with a lot of time to transfer anything to anyone, or leave them the needed documentation, or stay in contact with them to make sure things run smoothly.

This is now. Right now, it's too late. Right now, his priorities have changed. Try to imagine the mental, physical, and spiritual toll just the portion quoted above takes on someone.

I know I can. When I disappeared from SFO a few years ago for a few months without saying a word, it was due to a family emergency. It took priority over anything else going on. Period. No one, and nothing in this community could keep me here when I needed to devote my time and energy to a family member.

Understand that, and let it sink in.

Back to TMyApp: I saw first hand over a period of weeks, months, then a year, longer...requests for prizes and perks I'd send him, or simple front page update requests would take him weeks to address - and then he stopped addressing them. These are things that used to take him mere minutes, hours when times were good.

Let me reiterate it: he simply does not have the time now. His life's priorities have changed.

Noobkiller, if your question is why didn't he give the staff more responsibility in the past, it was always on his to-do list. I can't speak for coding the game itself, as I think the training and documentation that would take was a ways off, but a good many other aspects of the game he had talked about giving us the ability to handle.

For instance, giving the authentication server over to Nferno in case of something like this was always on the to-do list. But when both men fell on hard times, that plan went out the window.

But my thoughts on coding specifically are detailed here in this old post:

http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...1&postcount=48

That was very basic coding. And we never did all we could with it. In his position, would you feel comfortable giving over your brainchild, your baby, when the caretakers haven't exactly done the a far less complex project?

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't feel comfortable at all.

Responsibility, trust, and baby steps. We were getting there, just not fast enough. I feel that's our fault as much as it is his in all honesty. And that's not counting the circumstances beyond our control.

20/20 is hindsight and there are always things we wish we'd done differently. I'm still proud of the work TMyApp did, what we did, and hope we can keep it alive despite the circumstances.

LS, yes. Didn't see your post, but you and Lux are correct.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-15-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #56
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

I got a message from Desktop to come in here and save the community. Somehow, I want to, but at the same time. 95% is new school players and think they know it all and what not.

X-Men vs Street Fighter Online was popular back in 2001 till 2004. During that era, the community was active and popular to the point where this forum was OFF the chart along with Battle-Ground during old time. While the community was active and popular. We all knew the community was going to come to an end when Street Fighter Online was announced. At that point, the game was kinda buggy than before. During that time, a lot of players decided to leave the community because it wasn't the same as it was before. We used to VIP battle. You win a certain amount and you obtain the password. At that point, it was amazing till a lot of people tried to change their password and that is when the sharing PW rule was added to the community. I used to have up to 8+ VIPs account (not mine) till I got sponsored. I forgot who sponsored me and please forgive me. But, you were awesome.

Overall, this project must come to an end. TMyApp have the ABILITY to give it to someone to run it. I remember this was for him and his friend to play it out. Then, the word was spreading like a virus. It got bigger and bigger to a point where he was unable to keep it running. But, I remember NoSoul4ever and Lefty creating a donation page. At that point, VIP wasn't a thing till later on. Those green outfit was the shizzle till Elite was released. At that point, it was HOT and it attracted new players and people to support the community.

But, 2001-2013! That's a LONG ride for Lefty and TMyApp! They both have bigger things to do and surely, we all have to say goodbye. Everything comes to an end and you must remember that. From your favorite show, to your favorite movie, to your favorite video game story.

================================================== ======================
However, if you really wanna keep this community up and running. SOMEONE has to be commitment in paying a dedicated server per months to keep the database stored and gathered. As you may or may not know about websites and what not. Creating multiple accounts for your pleasure also uses bandwidth. So, if you create more than 100 accounts. You probably think to yourself. It's just username and that's it! Reality is. It keeps your password, your records, the colours to your name and other related things. Making the file expand more and more. So, reduce the multiple accounts. There's no reason for you to have more than 10+ accounts just because you're tired of it and/or wanna represent a different clan.

Also, logging in and out constantly and spamming the chat server uses bandwidth to the server. Bandwidth aren't removed till the following month. So, anything you say WILL always be in the data of the website. Even if they can't retrieve the chat log (maybe they can if they have a program to look it up).

Also, forum is part of the street fighter page. Therefore, reduce the stuff on the forum to reduce the bandwidth usage if you want a stable community and the game itself. Just like GGPO by Ponder. His hits are off the chart and those who floods the forum = GGPO crashes due to bandwidth usage and what not. So, reduce the non-sense and post things that are necessary.

TMyApp may be running the server from his house. But, all data are stored on a different place for it to be used to log in and to see who's registered and who isn't. I know Nferno666 doesn't mind hosting it. But, the question is. Is TMyApp willing to create a fresh log and make everyone re-register to make it easier on the transfer OR transfer a huge file. I can't recall if TMyApp deleted inactive account or not. I remember he did this a LONG time ago. I think he was better off doing it every year to ensure the bandwitdth and usage isn't going to a waste.

To keep a scene a live and/or a product. You also have to make a sacrifice. Don't just talk and suggest on what you want the community to do. But, do it yourself and show them an example. Why do I say this? Because, I am trying to bring Marvel vs Capcom 2 to the tournament scene. I didn't post and said what I was planning to do. I did it and I got the things I wanted to do to show them what I am doing. Now, I have the support and I have good players lined up for the Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament at Final Round 16! So, DO IT and don't post. Just do it and then show it to the community to keep something alive and running.

================================================== =================
I had an amazing time with everyone with the community. Hate and Love. You're all my little bitches. So, here is what I have to say.

Penzel, I love you babeh and thanks for my MvC2 video. We hated each other and we were ready to kill each other. Now, we're like brothers.

LiquidSnake: You're my homie since 2002 along with Resident Evil. I haven't heard from him lately but I'm sure to tell him on PSN about this if he doesn't know.

Dark Hado: You were my student along with Metal Ken. You both exceeded and show the community what skill was till 2005 when things went upside down.

Ashley: You're a bitch. :P Just kidding. I had a wonderful time gaming with you.

Angelken: I heard you got preggy and what not. That is why you had to leave the community. I hope that you're doing good.

Wolf: You have my MSN! Even tho I hardly use it. We'll keep in touch, scrub.

Liger Zero: I hope everything is going good on your end, buddy. We have yet to meet in real life. Even tho we're in the same FREAKEN State.

Solidsnake: You always tried to be the bad guy in the community. Then, you came out of the closet. good ****.

Roll: Sad that we lost communication and you were an awesome girl.

Elena: You were always there to calm me down when I spammed the community. You will inbox me to keep my mouth shut and what not. HIT me up in a PM with a some information to keep in contact. Either Skype, MSN, AIM or whatever.

Shady: You always annoyed me on AIM and/or MSN. Good **** on bringing the SFO clan.

Mastaq: Maybe you won't read this and what not. I missed you *******!

Joe, Apathy, Jesse, VF: I hate you all! But, none-the-less. You guys what kept the community up and running back in the old days. Mike, hopefully one day we have the XvSF battle. Show me that GIEF.

Nferno666! Thanks for unbanning me and banning me and unbanning again.

KKS! Where you at? I missed you hOMIE!

Drunken! Keep those graphic up and running bro. But, you're my little beetch as well.

I hope EVERYONE has a good time and if I lose contact with ya. I wish you the luck on you journey and what not.

Oh, and Jake. Control wolf for me Say hai to Wing Angel if you still talk to her or not. Can't recall! I'm too OLD for this as it is. 25 years old now for me. Started this when I was 15 year old.

If I miss ANY of ya. I'm sorry. Oh, you can follow me at http://twitch.tv/goforbroke for the Final Round 16 Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament on the 29th! Support me cause I'll be playing top players such as Josh 360, Neo, Justin Wong, Desmond, Snakeshootpeople and OG players for the TROPHY and Medals.

If you wish to keep in contact with me.

AIM: evilakuma2006
MSN: alexanderjm316@hotmail.com (I hardly use it).

Last edited by EvilAkuma; 03-15-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #57
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

^My first name Desmond...See you at the competition. Lol Jk man, but my first name is Desmond.

*I have not read any post after the 3 or 4th page..

-cough- Yea, its been a while because what I did to get banned. Sorry for the trouble I caused staff.

Anyways I always still came back to check the forum every week to see what was going on. Then I just so happen to have seen the post on the first day of being posted. I couldn't believe it and I am still not believing it. I am glad to have been unbanned before it may have all be said and done.

I will keep this short and simple...

I understand the situation is dire. Tmyapp should come first in this situation. Life over material things always come first. If it was not for him we wouldn't have had sfo for all this time. There are a lot of things that could happen to the game but who would want to see the game other than the reason of why we loved it. Or maybe it was just me who chose to play sfo on my pc rather than my xbox. Sometimes I would even walk to the library like some of you have to play this game. Stay up all night just to get my rank up a little higher. Rematch someone just to beat them once out of thirty times. Then we I came to the forum. Everything finally came full circle.

So I am asking if any of you can just spare some money you would use on irrelevant things can you put it towards sfo cause. Knowing that we at least tried to help a person in need or something we care about should sufficient enough.

Just an idea but we can do like a fundraiser around our neighborhood.(For those who don't mind)
People don't mind giving money as long as its toward a good cause. I am going to try my hand at this. There is no guarantee people will even give money, but I am going to try anyway.

Let's keep tis civil and productive.

Last edited by ItachiForever; 03-15-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #58
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down Burn the nub!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAkuma View Post
Creating multiple accounts for your pleasure also uses bandwidth. So, if you create more than 100 accounts. You probably think to yourself. It's just username and that's it! Reality is. It keeps your password, your records, the colours to your name and other related things. Making the file expand more and more. So, reduce the multiple accounts. There's no reason for you to have more than 10+ accounts just because you're tired of it and/or wanna represent a different clan.
Dante killed SFO. Members of the sfo community crucifix the little bish and watch him burn away like your memories. Lets cast away our frustrations with a witch hunt!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #59
Rashiznit-X
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 234
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Dante killed SFO. Members of the sfo community crucifix the little bish and watch him burn away like your memories. Lets cast away our frustrations with a witch hunt!!!
^^ this was funny but stop it !! lol keep this serious
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #60
veteranlegends

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 29
veteranlegends is an unknown quantity at this point

hey (XA)-Veteran here.
@TmyApp :
I recommend, you do an internal unban in this time of need I'm sure.

Auth Server; forgot authorization at all, just put guest login's only and save the money? THough I'm sure people may miss their colors and VIP, etc .. . or make everyone a "VIP" by default in this time of need right.. though it may defeat the purpose of VIP ;P

Servers: What are your required server specs, maybe we can all shop around for cheaper server package that has unlimited bandwidth. Let me know the server requirements and I can try and find a cheap server...we may even want to say , limit it to just 1 "server" of say 30 users online at a time, Why use a server at all? can't user's attacks be sent to each other directly from SFO.exe , I guess some server-side cheating and to help with synchronization? validation?

web Hosting: maybe try 50webs.com they seem good in terms of cheap-ish packages, PHP support, etc

Game code/Tmyapp's time. well sounds like TmyApp needs a job I could review your resume as I've done for others and then just send off that resume and cover letter's customized to each job to about 30 different places , it is a number's game , of course if there is a job with you particular skill set, and you could use SFO as part of the portfolio ;D you are obviously a strong coder...
I'm a pretty good coder in my own right though shockwave always annoyed me, I'm not sure if SFO is any better organized I'd definitely like to see the source code and help prove myself worthy by implementing a feature or something.

Maybe consider release source code to a select few who are really serious, have ELITE VIP status, or say make $300 or more donation or something .. and let them be the one's to take over SFO's development, you could call the shots and provide the ideas of how you want the game made, which character next,
what character shrinking events, etc are going on.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #61
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Ugh .. For those who keep suggestion a global "UN-banishment".
Banned players have NOTHINNNGG to do with his financial stage.
Matter of fact, those "Banned" players, whom tampered with SFO, tampered with the Bypass, re-creating accounts and the likes are the ones who DAMAGED his time to adding additional stuff to SFO, replacing it with silent SECURITY UPDATES ... Instead of taking their banishment, they wanna cry like little sissy girls and tamper some MORE.
If he unban the players who got banned again, the SAME THING would happen .. If SFO were to ever be on a float again, all the time he have, will be donated to security updates, once again, and the cycle will end up repeating its self ...

Quote:
Perhaps this is the reason of why so many are a lot "angrier" than before, which in turn (imo) have caused this community to come under attacks in 2kX. As a result, any and all free time which I had was spent towards upgrading and maintaining this game's security systems. SFO stayed alive, but there was just no way any new content could have been added to the game (since all of the time was spent on protecting this community from it's "haters" ). Lack of updates and sheer overwhelming number of "free to play games" which have sprung up over the years has made SFO "less impressive" for many, and the mighty 15,000 users per day has steadily declined to 4,000 in 2k11, under a thousand in 2k12, and to mere 300 as of right now. This in turn resulted in the game's donations dropping to some record-low numbers (sometimes as low as $15/month in total, which of course cannot possibly sustain the game or it's servers, nor would it even cover a single monthly internet connection bill).

This taps right into EA's point as well that was quoted in Bahki's post.

@ EvilAkuma - Indeed bro. If you do get a hold of RE2, that would be great. I need his contacts. o_O

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 03-15-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #62
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteranlegends View Post
hey (XA)-Veteran here.
@TmyApp :
I recommend, you do an internal unban in this time of need I'm sure.

Auth Server; forgot authorization at all, just put guest login's only and save the money? THough I'm sure people may miss their colors and VIP, etc .. . or make everyone a "VIP" by default in this time of need right.. though it may defeat the purpose of VIP ;P

Servers: What are your required server specs, maybe we can all shop around for cheaper server package that has unlimited bandwidth. Let me know the server requirements and I can try and find a cheap server...we may even want to say , limit it to just 1 "server" of say 30 users online at a time, Why use a server at all? can't user's attacks be sent to each other directly from SFO.exe , I guess some server-side cheating and to help with synchronization? validation?

web Hosting: maybe try 50webs.com they seem good in terms of cheap-ish packages, PHP support, etc

Game code/Tmyapp's time. well sounds like TmyApp needs a job I could review your resume as I've done for others and then just send off that resume and cover letter's customized to each job to about 30 different places , it is a number's game , of course if there is a job with you particular skill set, and you could use SFO as part of the portfolio ;D you are obviously a strong coder...
I'm a pretty good coder in my own right though shockwave always annoyed me, I'm not sure if SFO is any better organized I'd definitely like to see the source code and help prove myself worthy by implementing a feature or something.

Maybe consider release source code to a select few who are really serious, have ELITE VIP status, or say make $300 or more donation or something .. and let them be the one's to take over SFO's development, you could call the shots and provide the ideas of how you want the game made, which character next,
what character shrinking events, etc are going on.
I stopped reading after the internal unban. No, to everything. You posted here, TF and LS explained it well. Why would Tmy give up his SFO project to "Elite Vips" who Donate dmoney.... DONATED. DONATED
DONATED
DONATED.

You guys sure ask for so much from DONATING. Would you donate to cancer and ask them to let you help make a vaccine by using your science skills unbeknownst to the world?

As for everyone else. Please dont spam (You know who you are) and thank you for everyone who is helping out now, and is helping out in the future.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #63
maddog
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
maddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Kickstarter ?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #64
Symphonic
Demoted

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
Symphonic is an unknown quantity at this pointSymphonic is an unknown quantity at this pointSymphonic is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he should've said something earlier about this. But, I will try donate. Not to SFO, but for TMy. His health is way more important.

Last edited by Symphonic; 03-15-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #65
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Heed the mods words on global unbans: they will never happen. We unban on a case-by-case basis. Members are free to appeal their case, we will do our best to respond/look into each case.

An update on donation totals:

http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...41&postcount=4

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #66
trunks2453
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 87
trunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enoughtrunks2453 will become famous soon enough

Tmy I want to start out by saying thank you for starting SFO i met alot of people on here and had some of the greatest memories from growing up playing for hours on end just to get my rank as high as I could, seeing a game ive played for many years go on for so long is so astonishing never feel that you have failed us Tmy because that is completely false we all respect you and feel for your situation and hope that you and your love one are able to get back on your feet there is nothing I would like more then to donate to your needs Tmy but sadly im facing a job crisis myself =/ I admire that through out all the years of struggling you never pulled the plug on us you will always be in my prayers 'God Bless You My Friend' take care and I wish you the best of luck and dont ever forget "There Is Always Light at The End of The Tunnel" "DREAMS DONT DIE!!!"
Everyone from the Community will always be with me in my heart.

Anyone that would like to continue talking with me feel free to add me
MSN: jigga2453_6@hotmail.com (not on as much as before)
PSN: trunks2453 (Let me know who you are in a message)

Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
eveg2012

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
eveg2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe if there's a different way to make sure the "Dream" stays alive besides donation although being pivotal
Should be expressed. Although i have donated my fair share and will likely again for the sake of the communities foundation
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #68
_Shin-Dynasty_

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
_Shin-Dynasty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit _Shin-Dynasty_'s Facebook Visit _Shin-Dynasty_'s Twitter Visit _Shin-Dynasty_'s YouTube
Default Damn....

I know what it's like to be on the verge of losing everything, being a hardworking-class citizen is hard based off of my own family situations. I've come to know and love SFO for about 7 years, and to this day i wished i knew about SFO sooner. With that being said, Please don't lose your hope and your faith. Even if SFO remains in a coma or RIP.... DO NOT GIVE UP! Keep fighting a good fight and please take care of your own personal needs and safety, FIRST and FOREMOST. I would rather lose SFO than the brilliant man behind the masterpiece. "Embrace The Light Within The Darkness" means just that: when life goes dark, there's always a flicker of light later on. I'm Praying for you brother. Take Real Good Care, and God Bless Us All.

Embrace the Light within the Darkness...
Old 03-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #69
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
I stopped reading after the internal unban. No, to everything. You posted here, TF and LS explained it well. Why would Tmy give up his SFO project to "Elite Vips" who Donate dmoney.... DONATED. DONATED
DONATED
DONATED.

You guys sure ask for so much from DONATING. Would you donate to cancer and ask them to let you help make a vaccine by using your science skills unbeknownst to the world?

As for everyone else. Please dont spam (You know who you are) and thank you for everyone who is helping out now, and is helping out in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Heed the mods words on global unbans: they will never happen. We unban on a case-by-case basis. Members are free to appeal their case, we will do our best to respond/look into each case.

An update on donation totals:

http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...41&postcount=4
Well the staff is just shutting down every suggestion by the members lol, I guess we just let the game die then ?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #70
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

I just wonder even if we do wire our money from our offshore Swiss bank accounts, and donate would it help?? From what i gather tmy simply does not have time for SFO, so does he have time to even accept the money?? I see alot of peeps saying there good byes so my question is if we do get the Donations to keep SFO alive will it even matter seeing how the main man and many many staff are busy and half the forum saying there goodbyes...

Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #71
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
Well the staff is just shutting down every suggestion by the members lol, I guess we just let the game die then ?
No we are explaining and showing you why those "suggestions" will NEVERE HAPPEN. You can be banned, and still donate. Unbanning someone wont matter if they dont donate anyways. People want to be banned then they should follow the rules, like everyone else.

Or like most of them do plead there case and we all (The staff) will review it.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #72
Sir Nash
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Been busy, sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I am touched and silenced by your heart felt speech and plea. I just wish you would have told us sooner, we got your back in 2002, and we've got your back now (2013). Yes I was there, under a different alias.

Do not, and I repeat do NOT always feel the need to shoulder all the burden. Being self reliant is admirable, but as humans, at one point or another we must lean on our fellow men/women in times of hardship

No... the dream cannot die. It MUST live on.

As some have suggested...

1: pass the game/code to someone for the time being (raises hand, traveling at the moment, but I have time)
2: we set up some sort of fund (raises hand)

I OWN servers literally all over the world (servers in Canada, Europe, US). I can at least host the website and/or game for the time being, so the action continues. Staff, feel free to PM me, or you yourself TMyApp

who exactly is in charge of organizing the donations?

Last edited by Sir Nash; 03-16-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
(~biggiejones~)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 155
(~biggiejones~) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (~biggiejones~)'s Twitter
Cool Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

As a member thats been around almost majority of the years SFO was created . i must say i am sad to see it the way it is. Its nice to also see that other members are sad to see it the way it is as well ( Even the "Trolls" that act like they don"t but also do as well but just telling it like it is). i've donated every now and again when i could ( whenever i played the game) . it was fun & i had no problems doing so. When you have a job & doing your own thing , $5+ to help an awesome person out for their solo game to show them a sign to tell them to keep going & do what you are doing is not a problem at all. But in the end, its a game, a project. You gotta take care of yourself first & then when its time (or whenever you're ready) you can relaunch it . Staff members can shout it out , member of this community still communicate with each other via: ps3, 360, FB, Twitter, IM, etc. Eventually it'll grow back w/New faces as well .
Again, ive had my fun & Lol's on here just like everyone else. Weather it was SFOUG to the rap battles to SN1 beating Bahki's Black sky & FC in the 3 way clan battle ( Shoutouts to bahki).
SFO will be missed by many if it's answered by its maker, hopefully it'll be back asap . until then play while you can.

Respect to the Staff members & ambassadors that took their time on here to keep everything in check.

With that being said, cheers from the Top 10 Sakura user in SFO. ^_^
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #74
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
actually, no, we just shutdown your suggestion of a global unban. Seeing as a majority of the ppl banned are the ones that contributed to the mess we're in now, it really would be pointless to unban everyone just "for the hell of it".

If they genuinely cared for the game, they are still welcome to donate and as TFist mentioned above they are welcome to plead their case on an individual basis. There will be no global unbanning.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #75
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
actually, no, we just shutdown your suggestion of a global unban. Seeing as a majority of the ppl banned are the ones that contributed to the mess we're in now, it really would be pointless to unban everyone just "for the hell of it".

If they genuinely cared for the game, they are still welcome to donate and as TFist mentioned above they are welcome to plead their case on an individual basis. There will be no global unbanning.
You guys think you know everything lmao. Okay man w.e and fyi it wasn't MY suggestion for a global unban. Read any of my post I don't even mention that.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-16-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Closed Thread