SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Staff promotions MeteorRyu5 General Comments & Strategies 31 05-20-2010 08:34 AM
Moderator Promotions TitaniumFist SFO News & Updates 0 04-03-2010 06:06 PM
SFO Clans to PX? PENZEL New Features 178 07-07-2007 11:25 PM
SFO Clans PENZEL General 40 06-14-2007 02:07 PM

Old 05-05-2017, 04:44 AM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Exclamation [ SFO CLANS AND PROMOTIONS ]

When our beloved SFO nearly died just over a month ago, we were down to some 25 logins per day. Since then our stats are 10 times better. And the website countdown timer alone doubled our games-per-hour in just one day (giving us weekend stats on the weekdays).

It's a pretty strange feeling I can tell you that. We went from a funeral to planning the final release date of the biggest SFO update in the last 16 years. It's not just the fact that none of this was planned, but the fact that I would have never believed that such things were possible if I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

I think that when we will look back at this year, there will be a number of names that will stand out. While most have only shown verbal support, some have shown actual support and very few quite frankly went out of their way to make sure that SFO would not only live on, but that it will see the light of day in the new 2.0 era.

Looking back at the last 16 years, while there were a lot of "fan sites" that stuck around, lets face it, none compares to the legacy of UG. If there is one place and one group of people who really truly LOVE SFO and have vowed to stand by through the good and the bad, it is definitely the SFO Underground.

And the best part is, UG is (for some reason) very interested in Clans. And I on the other hand, would not want to touch clans with a 10 foot pole. So then it hit us: we can let UG do all of the work

In all seriousness, I think that an official clan solution is LONG overdue, and I and many other people feel that the only group that would be fit to take care of clans (and do it right) is UG. Their tool will be the hair-pulling might of TMC, in addition to endless supply of energy drinks and wake-up pills.

Now of course even a 1st grader knows that you can't work on TMC without staff access, so it is my pleasure to welcome our newest SFO staff: Master_Jay, 1-hitta and _-Rashiznit- ... (to make it more official i removed Master_Jay's perks only to re-add them again for this occasion). ... I have great confidence in these 3 individuals when it comes to creating a new and exciting official clans solution at SFO, just in time for the 2.0 release this summer

That said, there is also a lot of work happening in the background that no one knows about, or no one notices. This includes: SFO chat server improvements with near-endless software/hardware setup combinations (that are vital for the creation/testing/release of the 2.0 network code) as well as our dream of having a portable Mac build of SFO. And who stepped up the challenge of solving all of the problems I just mentioned? Why our very own prodigal mod "system4" ... and lets face it, we can't have system4 drowning in work without his old staff access, so let me be the first to say: "welcome back".

I think everyone can agree that the staff members promoted today ALL without question absolutely LOVE SFO. So it's hard to find anyone better to lead us into the new 2.0 age

I really can't remember how many times people have been asking me: "why don't you get others to help you TMy ?? why do you always have to be the lone wolf ??" ... Well, now those dreams are coming true. Official Clans, New Chat Servers, New D/L Builds, New Website, New Web/Video Content, and the 2.1 million mail-out, NONE of these things are being done by TMyApp, and good'ol TMy is NOT planning on lifting his fingers for any of them

So next time there is any type of SFO update, or you feel as though 2.0 was a "complete success", I want everyone to remember all those who helped us get from a funeral to the 2.0 revival.

... Now I need to either get back to work, or change the numbers on that countdown timer .. and when was the last time SFO missed a promised deadline ?? ... Whatever you can imagine the 2.0 update to be, rest assured it's MUCH bigger than that. So we're definitely NOT missing this one.

Here's to the next 16 years.
TMyApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:53 AM   #2
Master_Jay
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice
Default Re: [ SFO CLANS AND PROMOTIONS ]

Congratulations on your promotions guys.
Master_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 AM   #3
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Hear, hear.

Welcome back, @system4 and congratulations @1-hitta and @Rashiznit-X. Congratulations also to @Master_Jay.

The genuine excitement that's building is palpable. It's been a long damn time since we've been here, everyone.

Thank you all for getting us here (and I do mean all of you who did your part, something, anything even if it was just logging on).

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 104
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations guys, welcome aboard the team, definitely looking to see great thing coming from the clan scene and also glad to see system is back at it again.

--John
TotalReincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:00 AM   #5
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you and congrats to the new mods.

As TMyApp mentioned, I'll be doing things in the background alot this time around, so I'll hop in and out from time to time. Looking forward to working/playing with everyone this summer.

Fun fact: I was promoted to NWO in Halloween 2k7. Let that sink in... 10 years ago. Damn we're getting old

Last edited by system4; 05-05-2017 at 06:04 AM.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:04 AM   #6
Rashiznit-X
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 234
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for the lovely post tmy and to all other staff it's a honor to join your team
Rashiznit-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #7
Killer
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Congrats to hitta, raz and MJ for the promotions and the official recognition of UG as the place for clans. Long time coming. Well done.

And welcome back system4.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 302
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: [ SFO CLANS AND PROMOTIONS ]

Can't wait until clans comeback in place.. Let SFO Live On !

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Jesus Christ is The Way, the Truth and the Light. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
eviltomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #9
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1498
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Congratulations to all my new brothers in blue, well overdue.

Special welcome back to my bro system.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2451
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyApp View Post
Looking back at the last 16 years, while there were a lot of "fan sites" that stuck around, lets face it, none compares to the legacy of UG. If there is one place and one group of people who really truly LOVE SFO and have vowed to stand by through the good and the bad, it is definitely the SFO Underground.

And the best part is, UG is (for some reason) very interested in Clans. And I on the other hand, would not want to touch clans with a 10 foot pole. So then it hit us: we can let UG do all of the work

In all seriousness, I think that an official clan solution is LONG overdue, and I and many other people feel that the only group that would be fit to take care of clans (and do it right) is UG. Their tool will be the hair-pulling might of TMC, in addition to endless supply of energy drinks and wake-up pills.

Now of course even a 1st grader knows that you can't work on TMC without staff access, so it is my pleasure to welcome our newest SFO staff: Master_Jay, 1-hitta and _-Rashiznit- ... (to make it more official i removed Master_Jay's perks only to re-add them again for this occasion). ... I have great confidence in these 3 individuals when it comes to creating a new and exciting official clans solution at SFO, just in time for the 2.0 release this summer

*leans toward the mic*

First of all, I just want to say Congratulations to everyone and great job!

Who were to think SFO Underground to be the first fan site to become official and the home of clans and for someone who only FOREVER didn't care for clans to announce it. *Hi-Five @Master_Jay

I look forward to working with everyone in the effort of making SFO as well as the clan scene a better online experience.

Anyways, I am out.. I tip my hat off to you TMyApp good job! And thanks everyone!

1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #11
Murder-Ink

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
Murder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enoughMurder-Ink will become famous soon enough

welcome the few, the proud...
Murder-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

we always knew UG was the home of clans =)
welcome to the new, new blues
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

congrats guys! i'm going to pull a Tmy and not lift a finger as well lol

kidding, maybe
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: [ SFO CLANS AND PROMOTIONS ]

I remember a while back when me and @1-hitta were beefing I threw dirt on UG. *cough* (a lot of dirt)
Today I say congratulation on making a real difference. For once you are being productive.
Congratulations to all of you. I pray and wish you all the best through thick and thin.

Never being able to see SFO during any year people consider the "Golden Era". Hopefully we can return or even surpass that so that a younger generation can have the same love you all have for this game. Again, congratulations and good luck!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #15
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 188
Shadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really nice
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

indeed. congrats to those 3 individuals on your promotions, we are all very happy for yall. Thanks again, TMyApp for another round of good news.

IGNs: Wol-Spi-Ryu/Runney/Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018/2019
Game Modes: Zero-E/Unvind/XvsSF
1st SFO Clan Joined in 2003: (TRG) Terror-Rage-Gangz
Characters: Wolverine/Spidey/Ryu/Ken/Cyclops/Cyclops/Ryu

Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:21 AM   #16
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiForever View Post
I remember a while back when me and @1-hitta were beefing I threw dirt on UG. *cough* (a lot of dirt)
Today I say congratulation on making a real difference. For once you are being productive.
Much appreciated!
Old 05-06-2017, 03:12 AM   #17
bkbatman

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 84
bkbatman is an unknown quantity at this point

UG, was always and always going to be that spot. Even TMy know, that's what up.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 AM   #18
TheResurrection
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 11
TheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enoughTheResurrection will become famous soon enough

congrats guys! can't disagree.

----------------SFO UηDєRGяOυηD----------------
------------------------------
TheResurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #19
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 695
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

I am happy to see Rash apart of the MOD squad he really deserved it along with system 4. Their unyielding work ethic, being stead fast andunmoveable and always finding creative ways to make this game successful amazing.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #20
Rashiznit-X
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 234
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraSpareNo1 View Post
I am happy to see Rash apart of the MOD squad he really deserved it along with system 4. Their unyielding work ethic, being stead fast andunmoveable and always finding creative ways to make this game successful amazing.
Really appreciate theses words from you cause if anyone knows it's you.. thank you

And thank you everyone else for your well wish

Last edited by Rashiznit-X; 05-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Rashiznit-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #21
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaraSpareNo1 View Post

Thank you Ciara. You've always been a good friend.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #22
SumerianDeity

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
SumerianDeity is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations fellas!

RETURN OF CLANS??? SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT?

That's Wassup can't wait for that!

The Most High Created me as a Leader, and when the clans return I will most definitely be the leader in the clan that I'll be in!

SumerianDeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:09 AM   #23
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumerianDeity View Post
Congratulations fellas!

prepare pre-assembling your crew..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 AM   #24
Mil_TheAngel

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Mil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enoughMil_TheAngel will become famous soon enough

Congrats guys.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #25
SumerianDeity

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
SumerianDeity is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-hitta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumerianDeity View Post
Congratulations fellas!

prepare pre-assembling your crew..

well, how exactly does one do that without a clan registration forum?

The Most High Created me as a Leader, and when the clans return I will most definitely be the leader in the clan that I'll be in!

SumerianDeity is offline   Reply With Quote