SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Stimulus Plan SolidSnake76 General 1 01-29-2009 01:38 AM
US New plan to violate domestic privacy SolidSnake76 General 0 04-13-2008 09:22 PM
Simple plan LAB~MONSTER Banners, Avatars and Images 13 02-26-2007 08:17 AM
Plan boosts solar system to 12 planets SolidSnake76 General 16 08-18-2006 09:51 AM
The sfo generation sponcership tournament workout whitetigerclaw3 Challenges and Tournaments 3 10-24-2005 03:19 PM

Old 07-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
asshole

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Workout plan?

I'm looking for a workout plan. Because, unlike my brother, I haven't been going to the Gym for the last couple of years, so I don't really know which exercise/workout machine to get on and what to workout what day. Na mean? ;]

So does anyone know of a good workout plan/routine online that I could print out and follow for a couple of weeks? This Gym that I'm going to now has a buuuuuuunch of equipment, so I'm sure any good workout plan would be fine.

I saw this dude yesterday at the Gym and he had one of those plans, where it stated:
Week 1
Mon: Blah blah
Tue: Blah blah blah
Wed: Blah
Thr: Blah blah blah blah

And I asked him where he got it, he said he found it online. Well I spent about an hour looking for one, can't find one. Can anybody help? ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

well I can give you what I do....the exercises my be up to you though but I break it down by body parts....For instance...

Mon: Chest and Biceps
Tues: Legs and lower back
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Back and Traps
Fri: Triceps and shoulders
Sat and Sun: Rest

Like I said it based on body parts so for instance like on monday you can do like bench press 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps then do dumbell bench press or dumbell flys 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps...see what I'm saying...you can decide on the excercise and if anything just ask one of the trainers at the gym what exercises would be appropriate for that day such as legs or triceps....just be sure to keep the weight you lift in a range that liftable so you can do all the sets and reps effeciently...just remember that quality is better than quanity...

daddypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

I unno thats weird.

I was taught always to start with your core muscles (aka abs) because it's connected to everything and if it's weak..there's no point in dealing with anything else cause u'll flip up anyways. Are you trying to gain bulk? Loose weight? What? Cause it depends from there.

But yeah like pete said...the general rule is workout...rest...workout...rest...workout...you gotta give yer body some time to repair or u won't see any results...and prepare to be sore the first week at least.

As for the machines, a lot of the times ppl at the gym are willing to help u. I mean if someone comes up to me and asks me how to use something I'll explain. In the end...i mean there's always the people in the gym who are willing to help u. But watch out for those that are really just into their workout and will bite yer head off...they're like one in a million...most of the gym goers i know of are nicey poo.

I'm not sure about the quality vs quanity when working out...i mean cause it depends...on are you trying to bulk up...quality...or are you trying to stay tone...quanity..

I unno maybe I misunderstood what u said.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
jakelynch21
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
jakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enough

Like, a schedule?

Monday: 30 minutes of jogging
Tuesday: A set number of reps (since if you overdo yourself when you don't have the strength to, it fails. It fails hard. xD)
Wednesday: A mile on a bike, and just keep increasing each week.

And so on.

A specific workout plan, each and every week to gain some MUSCELSSS.

I used to follow one, but not anymore.

Am too lazy, but the results are still kinda there. D:

Try and make your own plan. Experiment around the gym for a week, trying each thing to find your strong and weak points. Work on your weak points more vigorously, then the strong to make sure that attribute doesn't fall behind.

Lolyay.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ July 25 2008,12:00)]I'm not sure about the quality vs quanity when working out...i mean cause it depends...on are you trying to bulk up...quality...or are you trying to stay tone...quanity..

I unno maybe I misunderstood what u said.
what i mean by quailty over quanity is this.....if your not doing the workout right your not getting the results needed no matter how many times you do it which is quanity....like for instance, lets say you do bicep curls and your not doing it right it might hurt you in the long run and get a total opposite result then what you're looking for such as deformity.....simply put quailty=proper lifting techniques and doing things the right way where as quanity=how much you are doing....I say that b/c in my weight lifting class I took in high school my coach said if you do the techniques properly then you will get stronger toner whatever it is your looking for in the end and you wont get hurt doing it.....

But its like Elena said, it all depends in what you are trying to do...bulk up *of which im trying to do* or get tone.....but either way the solution is this....bulk=more weight less reps like 6-8, tone=less weight more reps like 10-15.......

daddypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook

- 300 - 600 Push Ups Daily, that works out triceps and ya chest but at the same time it builds like all ya muscles a lil bit especially ya back.

- Biceps = Heavy Weights, real heavy, but not so heavy that you cant do like 3 sets of 10 reps

- Shoulders = front lift, side lift, then lift up, then bend down like your tryna touch your legs and then push your arms upward to get the back of ya shoulders. (With dumbells btw)

Legs = Go to the gym lol, the rest you can do right at home

Abs = flap Abs &gt;_&gt;, show ppl you aint afraid to eat, lol na, do some sit ups.. w.e. Oh.. try this lol get in crunch position but put a medium weight dumbell behind your neck and hold onto it with both hands then try and lift up. Got Em!

Diet? flap Diets, just make sure you stock up on protein shakes... alot of protein shakes... hell make that the only thing you drink besides water... Nah lol hit that treadmill.. or jump rope... or 1000 jumping jacks... Got Em!

I do my stuff daily, I rest like one day then get back to it.

...and abs being the core muscle thats connected to everything? Guess thats true but as far as im concern a strong back followed by triceps (the back of your arm) will make you able to lift a bus. GG NO RE!

Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
alamgir
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
alamgir is an unknown quantity at this point

Monday: Cheese burger and fries
Tuesday: Pizza and fries
Wednesday: Chicken wings and fries
Thursday: Chicken nuggets and fries
Friday: Fries and fries
Saturday: Rest
Sunday Rest

Only joking. Alternate between cardiovascular exercise and machine/free weights. Combining those two will cause you to be both fit and strong as well as keeping you in fine shape. Personal recommendations...rowing machine, treadmill, cross trainer, bicep curls, bench press and of course your less glamorous sit ups and press ups.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm

I'm sure you will find a type of work out that fits your needs, on that site. Also, working out is only half the battle or possibly even 1/3.

I'll say make sure you look at the nutrition guide, on that site also. If you work out for 3 straight months doing every particular work-out at 100% perfection but fail to eat the proper nutrients, you will ultimately fail.

A proper nutrient guide would be something like this.

40/40/20

40 % of your calories coming from protein
40 % of your calories coming from carbohydrates
20 % of your calories coming from fats

This would be an ideal nutrient guide, for obtaining muscle and over-all fitness, to maximize your work outs.

If you're trying to get really muscular just up the calories.
If you're trying to get really cut just lower the calories.

However, you should still be using your macros(40/40/20) no matter how many calories you consume.

There are variations to those macros also. Some people who do something called a Keto Diet(for a maximum cut), would change those macros to something like 40/5/55. This would result in your body going into a state called Ketosis. Meaning, your body would start using fat as your main fuel source instead of carbohydrates.

But, I would recommend you start with the 40/40/20 and stick with that. Most people get great results with that plan added with great work-outs of course. You'll also want to drink a lot of water. You could add in a multi-vitamin pill, for extra nutrients. You could also add in some supplements like Whey Protein(which is the only supplement I would recommend). With all this you will be in the best shape of your life. At the end of the day it's just a matter of hard work and dedication.

Whether you want to just get fit, become muscular, become super cut, or just change the way you live your life, you can do so by following the proper diet, work-out and other things I've mentioned.

Good luck. Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ July 25 2008,16:19)]http://bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm
ZPower, that site is the ****, it just made my summer much more interesting. Ima try Some of these exercises. Thanks you cheap *******!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
whitetigerclaw3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
whitetigerclaw3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh, I'll Just Give You What I Do. (I Do The Same Thing Everyday, I Don't Alternate Between Days)

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Body Gain Workout (About 2 Hours)</span></span>
------------------------------------------------------------
- <span style='color:blue'>50</span> Pushups Nonstop
**A Total Of <span style='color:green'>200</span> A Day <span style='colorurple'>(4 Sets)</span>

- <span style='color:blue'>50</span> Situps Nonstop
**A Total Of <span style='color:green'>200</span> A Day <span style='colorurple'>(4 Sets)</span>

- <span style='color:blue'>40</span> Dumbell Lifts On Each Arm
**A Total Of <span style='color:green'>160</span> A Day <span style='colorurple'>(4 Sets For Each Arm)</span>

- <span style='color:blue'>50</span> Crunches Nonstop

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Stretch/Excercise Workout (About 5-10 Minutes)</span></span>
- <span style='color:blue'>20</span> Jumping Jacks
**A Total Of <span style='color:green'>80</span> A Day <span style='colorurple'>(4 Sets To Each Wall)</span>

- Spread Legs All The Way Out While Sitting On The Floor, Touch Toes Of Both Feet For 10 Seconds.

That's What I Do Daily, I Hope It Helps
Since You're Just Starting Though, You Would Probably Need To Rest Between Excercises, Or Laps.

Also <span style='color:red'>IMPORTANT</span>, Have Some Water Nearby.

The Zero Generation Will Live On Forever
whitetigerclaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

i remember having a discussion like this back at the chaosknight's old forum with me and dark_link exchanging ideas

anyways...i would 'simply' suggest you read first some fitness magazines, specifically men's fitness or muscle&amp;fitness from joe weider before you start ;]
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Micro_SMG @ July 25 2008,13:26)]...and abs being the core muscle thats connected to everything? Guess thats true but as far as im concern a strong back followed by triceps (the back of your arm) will make you able to lift a bus. GG NO RE!

Um, a lot of times, people have lower back problems and back problems in general because of their weak abs.

You can try and strengthen something that is connected to something weak, but yer only as strong as yer weakest element.

The problem with a lot of beginners is that they want results fast so they start with their extremities and then they try and overdo it...and then they flip up their back because they didn't strengthen their abs first.

So GG. U'll fail. The end.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #13
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ July 26 2008,09:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Micro_SMG @ July 25 2008,13:26)]...and abs being the core muscle thats connected to everything? Guess thats true but as far as im concern a strong back followed by triceps (the back of your arm) will make you able to lift a bus. GG NO RE!

Um, a lot of times, people have lower back problems and back problems in general because of their weak abs.

You can try and strengthen something that is connected to something weak, but yer only as strong as yer weakest element.

The problem with a lot of beginners is that they want results fast so they start with their extremities and then they try and overdo it...and then they flip up their back because they didn't strengthen their abs first.

Lol thing is my abs is already good, I work them out everyday and I don't have back problems so in the end I reached one of my minor goals without failure. GG don't re up! Got Em!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #14
chimpy

Post Thanks / Like
chimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

ok imma tell you guys the simple way..

Mon:back and Bi
Tues: tris and chest
Wed: what you did on Mon
Thurs: what you did on Tues
Fri: legs/abs
Sat: do your &quot;special workout* you know what i mean...
sun: rest and watch football...

you can do extras...like sit ups/push ups at home ..and some Yoga..it dont matter..
Old 07-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Micro_SMG @ July 26 2008,12:53)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ July 26 2008,09:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Lol thing is my abs is already good, I work them out everyday and I don't have back problems so in the end I reached one of my minor goals without failure. GG don't re up! Got Em!
...thing is he's a beginner. How do you know his abs are already good? You can't compare your body to his body.

Look, asshole I think you came to the wrong place.

I recommend you go to the gym and ask around there...cause it really looks like ppls hearts are in the right places here...but they're still telling you some off stuff.

And lol chimpy what happened to resting each part 48 hrs at least before you begin again??
Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #16
Killer
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

elena + working out = unspeakable evil

ass: i suggest going on Youtube, and watch how others workout.

you can find anything on Youtube

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
Micro_SMG
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ July 26 2008,14:58)]...thing is he's a beginner. How do you know his abs are already good? You can't compare your body to his body.
wth are you on about? I wasnt comparing myself to asshole wth??? you clearly said I would fail and I made it clear that I do workout my abs.I was only responding to your comment. gg plz dont re up &gt;_&gt;

Hey asshole heres one for ya, your forearm, get a light or medium weight dumbell and simply move your wrist up and down lol. Oh try diamond push ups too. Youtube that if you aint familiar with it.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

v_v

He'd fail if he did your regime.

Who's ever heard of going right into triceps when you're a beginner?

You were comparing yourself to him when
I said &quot;you should start with your core&quot;
You said: &quot;no...not really...you should do tri and back.&quot; *
I said: &quot;he'd fail if he did that&quot;
You said: &quot;well I already have a strong midsection.&quot; *

So? *Just because you have a strong midsection doesn't mean he does.

And I read some of the stuff on bodybulding.com. *Not bad. *It's not the best...but it's not bad...jeez.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
AnimeGirl4evr
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
AnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enough

Awww... wai so serious?

Lol I noticed that in some of your workout plans there isn't a day break in between. That's a no no. You have to rest your muscles or you'll screw yourself up.

"I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name because I'm the..."
AnimeGirl4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
D-Shizznit
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
D-Shizznit is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're doing weight training, take a day or 2 of rest after an intense workout so your muscle fibers can get a rest, aswell as build up in girth.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #21
blacksuperman
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
blacksuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

so whose the girl your trying to impress asshole?

When i went to the gym they gave me this sheet with a workout plan on it and it was simple..... maybe ask the some at the gym for a workout plan?
blacksuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #22
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

black: Hahaha. No girl man. I've been with the same girl for nearly 3 yurrs. Just trying to impress myself.
And, yeah see.. that's something that I want. A workout plan. My gym doesn't have one. ;[ So I gotta make my own. ;[

I liked daddypete's plan the best so far. But I revised it to my likin and this is what I got. ;]

WEEK 1
(Always warm up before every exercise.) - What I do is.. I jog for 10 mins, and walk for 2 after. And Stretch.

Mon: Chest and Biceps
- Chest: Bench Press, Chest Flys, Push-ups, Dumbbell Pullover.
- Biceps: Dumbbell Curl, EZ Bar Bicep Curl, Hammer Curl, Low Pulley Curl.

Tue: Legs and Lower Back
- Legs: Jog, Dumbbell Squat(one leg), Lying Squat, Calf Raise, Weight Squat
- Lower Back: Bent Over Row, Dorsal Raise (with machine), Lateral Raise, Upright Row

Wed: Rest

Thr: Back and Traps
- Back:
- Traps:

Fri: Triceps and Shoulders
- Triceps: Close Grip Curls, French Press, Pronated Curl, Tricep Dips
- Shoulders: Cuban Press, Shoulder Press, Stag Push-ups.

Sat/Sun: Rest

As you can see, I'm still findins more exercises to fit them ALL. ;]

Thanks y'all. And Elena, I'm just looking to gain a little more bulk. ;[ I'm afraid I'm too skinny.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #23
pip99
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
pip99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Safe asshole weellllllll it all depends what you wanna get out of it! Cant believe no1s asked that yet If you wanna get hench then listen to some of these guys or you just wanna get healthy and fit ,id recommoned swimming does the whole body and the heart.gets you all in proportion aswell, some people look ridicoulous when they have huge legs or arms and the rest of there body is out of proportion...X
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #24
NiceAlien

Post Thanks / Like
NiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enoughNiceAlien will become famous soon enough

Elena did ask. He answered.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #25
pip99
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
pip99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Thanks y'all. And Elena, I'm just looking to gain a little more bulk. ;[ I'm afraid I'm too skinny.
GOOOOOD DAYYYYUUUUUUUM

PS. who are you &quot;MR SERIOUS &quot;

haha..bless.