SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
FancyPantsMan

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
FancyPantsMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mac OS X Help

Hey guys,

Im new here, and I had some issues with the game. So I used to play on my pc, but I just recently got a mac and the game doesn't work anymore!

When I launch the web browser version of the game, I get stuck the first couple seconds it loads. I left it of for an hour until it loaded the whole thing, but if I were to attempt to load a game, it would take another whole hour.

I know its just a browser game, so shouldn't it work on all computers? Could it be that I'm running a newer version of Adobe Shockwave?

Any suggestions or answers would be great! Thanks,

- FancyPantsMan
FancyPantsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
TheKnight1203
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 127
TheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Mac OS X Help

actually , the more newer your shockwave version is , the more it runs better and faster

maybe it doesn't work on Mac OS , install windows XP,Vista or 7 .

if you can't , you have to buy a new pc/laptop with an OS from Microsoft ..
TheKnight1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 74
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Mac and PCs do not run programs the same way I believe. SFO is built for PC, not Mac.
I've yet to see a Mac version for SFO.

I don't think SFO will naturally work on any Mac.

Maybe the Admins can point you to a Mac version, if not...am afraid you can't play SFO on your Mac.

(let's hope am wrong eh)
-Elite_Ken- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
FancyPantsMan

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I hope so too. I really hope I can still play, ITS SUCH A GOOD GAME!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
TheKnight1203
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 127
TheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura aboutTheKnight1203 has a spectacular aura about

i found out from old post from an old member , that you can install a virtual Microsoft OS in Mac , you should try to play it normally , if it failed , try that way

the program you need to install a virtual Microsoft OS is called vmware i believe.
TheKnight1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
FancyPantsMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnight1203 View Post
i found out from old post from an old member , that you can install a virtual Microsoft OS in Mac , you should try to play it normally , if it failed , try that way

the program you need to install a virtual Microsoft OS is called vmware i believe.
Ok, cool, I'll give that a shot and let you guys know!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Download SFO... Get the newest shockwave then download 8.5 on top of it. Use the small window SFO it will work on mac.. The Vista compatible will not.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
FancyPantsMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Download SFO... Get the newest shockwave then download 8.5 on top of it. Use the small window SFO it will work on mac.. The Vista compatible will not.
Actually, I don't think it will. See, the SFO download is windows based. When you open up the foler with all the files, they're all ".exe"

Only windows can run that file type, Mac's are helpless with that. Did you mean something else? Am I just hearing you out wrong?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

lmao im so sorry. Use google Chrome to run SFO... Do the step with shockwave tho.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
FancyPantsMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
lmao im so sorry. Use google Chrome to run SFO... Do the step with shockwave tho.
Lol. Well I tried google Chrome, and almost every other browser, and nothing works. It either takes 5 hours (literally) to load the screen, or it just doesn't work at all.

But no worries! I have found a solution!

After looking into running windows on mac stuff, I found out about a bunch a stuff, and this thing called wineskin. Anyway, ling story short I was able to emulate the game all in side a mac application and it works! (but you can't make an account, but it works!)

For any Mac user's, here's a link to the application I was able to but together!

http://www.filedropper.com/streetfighteronline

Anyone with a Mac, let me know how it works!

Last edited by FancyPantsMan; 11-24-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #11
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

i have a mac and i can tell you how i learned to play sfo....through research *and a lot of it* Mac is not capable of running shockwave properly so playing sfo is futile on the mac. However, Mac's have an option known as "bootcamp" in which you can install windows and be able to run the actual windows by partitioning a portion of your hard drive. So if I want to play sfo i just switch to my windows side because i have tried wine and it suppose to run pc based programs on a mac and for the most part it works but it just didn't seem to play sfo for me...

daddypete is offline   Reply With Quote