More anime Mantel Banners, Avatars and Images 5 12-11-2005 10:50 AM

Old 10-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Anime for All Time

This is my list of the anime that I love more than anything else. =\

FROM THE TOP!

Full Metal Panic: Three inceptions (each better than the last), a great English voice cast, all kinds of fun and drama, nudity, guns, and giant robots. What more could you want? More FMP, of course. This show is also notable for its devotion to music from Mikuni Shimokawa, the greatest voice in Jpop history.

Zero no Tsukaima: There are many anime with similar plots, but to me this one has always been superior due to the individual characters and their chemistry. Take that and put it on top of a progressive and playful story line with lots of violence and sexual innuendo? This show is awesome to me.

Cowboy Bebop: There are many reasons that this show is loved all over the world. I don't even need to list them. If you haven't seen all there is to see, then find a way to see it. Including the movie.

Inuyasha: I like the way the anime incorporates uneasy alliances and builds relationships based off of trust and respect. I like the dynamics between the characters (both good and bad) and how the story progresses at a relative pace throughout. I feel like this show has more good qualities than a lot of others from its era.

Dragonball/Dragonball Z: From the pov of a child, DBZ was an enigma that I'm sure most of us couldn't fully understand but wanted more of every single day. As I grew up, I began to respect the story of DB. I'm glad that someone had the capacity to take the soap opera of space and supernatural violence and turn it into a show that children could watch into their early adulthood and grow with the characters. Even though it's kind of old now, I could still go back from the beginning and work my way up.

There are many notable mentions, but I'll get into that later. =\
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
evil^vegeta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 105
evil^vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anime for All Time

Ronin warriors... yuyuhakusho.... etc
evil^vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
AnimeGirl4evr
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
AnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enough

This is really hard, because over the years my tastes and what counts as a fav has changed so much..

Cowboy Bebop
Claymore
Durarara!!
Wolfs Rain
Samurai Champloo

Honourable mentions: Darker Than Black, Gantz, Hunter x Hunter, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist. The list goes on.

"I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name because I'm the..."
AnimeGirl4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

More anime I LOVE

Lupin III
Mononoke Hime (best movie that Studio Ghibli ever released, bar none)
Samurai X/Rouroni Kenshin
Kenichi: The Mighiest Disciple
Pokemon
Digimon
DNA˛
Record of Lodos War
Case Closed
Basilisk
You're Under Arrest!
Elfen Lied
Final Approach
REC
Hajime No Ippo

Anime I like, but have problems with:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Sailor Moon
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Claymore
Outlaw Star
Cardcaptor Sakura
The Vision of Escaflowne
Tenchi Muyo
Full Metal Alchemist
Maburaho
Kaze no Stigma
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Great Teacher Onizuka
.Hack//Sign
Ghost In The Shell

Last edited by Wolfeh; 10-19-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
AnimeGirl4evr
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
AnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
More anime I LOVE

Lupin III
Mononoke Hime (best movie that Studio Ghibli ever released, bar none)
Samurai X/Rouroni Kenshin
Kenichi: The Mighiest Disciple
Pokemon
Digimon
DNA˛
Record of Lodos War
Case Closed
Basilisk
You're Under Arrest!
Elfen Lied
Final Approach
REC
Hajime No Ippo

Anime I like, but have problems with:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Sailor Moon
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Claymore
Outlaw Star
Cardcaptor Sakura
The Vision of Escaflowne
Tenchi Muyo
Full Metal Alchemist
Maburaho
Kaze no Stigma
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Great Teacher Onizuka
.Hack//Sign
Ghost In The Shell
What problems do you have with YYH, Samurai Champloo, and Claymore?

"I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name because I'm the..."
AnimeGirl4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like the fact that Yu Yu moved so slow over the course of so few episodes. A lot of it has to do with character development, yes, but the characters developed either too slow or went backwards (Hiei and Kurama really became useless) throughout the whole show until the last season which I feel like the writer pulled out of his ass. I also feel as though they repeated the whole "tournament to prove who's the strongest" arcs way too much. The show started out full of promise, but devolved by the dark tournament.

Samurai Champloo, while visually very well done and incredibly funny at some points had a forced story line which was constantly diluted by whatever happened over the course of an episode. There were too many fillers, and the finale was too weak by comparison IMO. That being said, I would still watch it over again for the sake of individual episodes.

Claymore started out crazy, stayed crazy, and ended crazy. The story was actually pretty complex. Maybe too complex? The characters also annoyed me. Especially the brat that followed Claire around. All in all, I liked some episodes, and the fights were mostly good, but the story failed to impress me.

Last edited by Wolfeh; 10-19-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

no Hellsing OVA? What about attack on titan
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of anime I legitimately don't like/never had any interest in watching.

I spent a good two/three years doing nothing but watching mainstream and obscure anime and in that time I found myself watching like two - three episodes and quitting certain ones. I must have seen over one hundred anime that I can remember but can only name a handful. Those anime I can remember are the ones I'd say I really like.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #9
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Death Note
Dragon Ball Z
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach
One Piece
Naruto
Hunter x Hunter
Claymore
Gundam
Attack on Titan
Code Geass

You got to take a momentary pause to appreciate the beauty/quality of anime. Watching it from your small screen will not do justice. You need to be watching it from your big screen with surround sound to appreciate how great those anime truly are. The experience you get from it will be that much better.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #10
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

The only Gundams I ever liked were 08th MS Squad and the one with the kid who befriended the enemy pilot that crashed into the satellite (I don't know the name of that one).

The rest of them were alright to an extent, but Macross pretty much owns the entire Gundam world IMO.

Macross is also included in my list of anime I love.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #11
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
The only Gundams I ever liked were 08th MS Squad and the one with the kid who befriended the enemy pilot that crashed into the satellite (I don't know the name of that one).

The rest of them were alright to an extent, but Macross pretty much owns the entire Gundam world IMO.

Macross is also included in my list of anime I love.
the granddaddy of all anime mechas
i must +rep you for this!
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #12
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

FTR:

Quote:
The three pillars of the Macross franchise are transforming war jets, a love triangle and singing idols. Looking to fill that final element for the next Macross anime, being provisionally called Macross Δ, a diva audition is launching in December. Plans to open the process starting December 1st were announced following yesterday's Fire Bomber 2014 Live concert celebrating Macross 7's 20th anniversary.

A similar "Victor Vocal & Voice Audition" selected Megumi Nakajima to play Macross F's Ranka Lee.

The new Macross series was announced in March following the end of the latest Japanese TV rebroadcast of 2008's Macross Frontier. In July, co-creator, mecha designer and later director Shoji Kawamori said that the series was in its planning stages.
NEW MACROSS BITCHES!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

One Piece
Hajime no Ippo
Dragonball
Break Blade
Gundam Wing
Digimon
Monster Rancher
Tenju Tenge
Patlabor

off the top of my head...
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #14
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Anime for All Time

Blast of Tempest
Condor Hero
Sword Art Online 1 and 2 :3
The Unlimited Hyobu Kyo
Naruto/ + Shippuden
Samurai Champloo
Dragon Ball Z
Inyuasha
Gundam Seed Destiny
One Piece
S-Cry-Ed
Death Note
Code Geass

There probably are others that are not coming to mind right now.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #15
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 182
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

i feel you @Wolfeh. While we are on the same thread here, here's my short list for anime tv shows/episodes that I can still watch online (even though they are very old now & and as a kid):

Dragonball/Dragonball Z
Pokémon
Digimon
Monster Rancher
Sailor Moon (with hot women)
Gundam Wing

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

A lot of recent anime has been pretty bad. I actually find Attack on Titan one of the worst offenders with it's horribly shallow plot that never explains anything and uninteresting characters.

Which is why I'm very thankful that Toonami picked up the Hellsing OVA so mainstream people can appreciate an actual good anime.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #17
estset

Post Thanks / Like
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando0 View Post
A lot of recent anime has been pretty bad. I actually find Attack on Titan one of the worst offenders with it's horribly shallow plot that never explains anything and uninteresting characters.

Which is why I'm very thankful that Toonami picked up the Hellsing OVA so mainstream people can appreciate an actual good anime.
Attack on Titan is an ongoing anime is still new. I'll wait till I see the whole story before I make any quick judgment. There's more story to be developed. Season 2 will focus more on just that, it will have characters development and will answer most of the unaswered question from season 1. Also if you didn't know prequel of the Attack on Titan is in the work. The reason it left off with many unanswered questions is because is setting up for a prequel.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Last edited by estset; 10-20-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

unfortunately, unless it changed... the 13 épisodes of hellsing aren'T any better. the story completely lacks , started well, ended ike ****.

thats if we are talking about hellsing... alucard and that cop girl ?
if yes, i really hope they have gone higher then the 13 épisodes i had seen a few years back.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #19
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
unfortunately, unless it changed... the 13 épisodes of hellsing aren'T any better. the story completely lacks , started well, ended ike ****.

thats if we are talking about hellsing... alucard and that cop girl ?
if yes, i really hope they have gone higher then the 13 épisodes i had seen a few years back.
They haven't, but there's the 10 episode Hellsing OVA which I think most people feel is a much better.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #20
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

The reason it left off so many unasnwered questions, it's because the manga author has no idea where the hell he wants to go with this series.

This is something that wants to be taken seriously, but fails to do so because it just leaves so many plotholes. AoT had it's chance to redeem and it failed. Enjoy your shallow plot.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando0 View Post
The reason it left off so many unasnwered questions, it's because the manga author has no idea where the hell he wants to go with this series.

This is something that wants to be taken seriously, but fails to do so because it just leaves so many plotholes. AoT had it's chance to redeem and it failed. Enjoy your shallow plot.
I respect your opinion but I gotta disagreed with you. The story is much more than just being shallow. Don't get me wrong there's some flaw in this show which I'm not fond of but that's shouldn't take away of how great this anime truly is. The animation for this is done phenomenally, especially the fight sequence, and the fluidity of the characters movement when jumping is flawless.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Last edited by estset; 10-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:27 AM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Estset, if you follow the anime only i pity you... because unfortunately, AoT is a show i like for its action and super hero like powers... but it definitely hasn't answered **** in the manga. and just so you know. like hajime no ippo, the manga is far ahead of the actual anime. and i have yet to get any real answers.

yeah if you read the spoiler above...
they truly take their time into making this a good show when it comes to the plot itself.

PS: i suspect mikasa to have titan powers as well. but somehow shes able to harness them without ever transforming.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 10-21-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #23
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

Yeah im anime viewer only. Dont wanna get spoil. But the story is still on going so we might see some of the issue resolve in later on.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 10-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

One piece
Monster
Full metal alchemist
Count of monte cristo
Old 10-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #25
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 182
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Tell me what ya think of this video for anyone here who are dbz lovers, (like me):
http://www.dbz.tv/watching/dragonball-z-episode-23/

Note: You may have to refresh your browser couple of times, just in case, but link works well.

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only

Last edited by Shadow_Raichu; 10-21-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote