SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Top Banner - RESULTS xfaderx Banners, Avatars and Images 19 02-17-2012 09:55 PM
I need a new forum Banner ChazyFresh Banners, Avatars and Images 0 04-11-2010 09:46 AM
In Need Of a Forum Banner ChazyFresh Banners, Avatars and Images 2 11-14-2009 09:47 PM

Old 11-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default seasonal forum banner

i think its safe to say some of us (if not most of us) CANT simply go throughout the day, surfing the net without even stopping by at SFO

some would consider this place as their second home in cyberspace, and id be lying if some members dont have streetfighteronline in their homepages

at this time of the year, regardless of what nation you came from, we're celebrating holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year by adorning our home with colorful lights, mistletoes, Christmas trees or decors to beckon that these holidays are approaching and to give that warm fuzzy feeling/spirit of the season

and everytime this time of the year rolls around and i stop by this place, it makes me wonder, does the community ALSO partakes/celebrates/participate each and every season of the year?

does it make you feel ----->

sure, people make those greetings, creating threads to greet based from a particular holiday but does the entire SFO community really have that holiday TONE?

with all that being said, id like to suggest a seasonal forum banners
banners that can be changed based on a particular holiday as mentioned above, BE it Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year or even April's Fools

lots of major websites are doing it, incorporating a simple emblem/jpeg/logo or symbol, (Google, YouTube, DeviantArt, Yahoo) on their homepages, marking THAT THEY TOO are IN ONE with the season

i wouldnt mind seeing Cyclops or Ryu above our banner wearing a Santa hat

so what do you guys think?

Last edited by bloodpack; 11-20-2012 at 03:01 AM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 170
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: seasonal forum banner

We had that last year with the ugly banner and the Santa hats (even though it lasted from Christmas to Easter). Might be a little harder to do with this one though

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

The banner changing hapenned due to something we should of done way back. we're suposed to cycle thru the banners, it seems this wasn't done yet either. and as for seasonnal... when we had the idea of chaing it, it was my first idea, change it for each seasons thats is coming.

in th eend we left the user to create a banner and since that event was there to pick the best banner, the idea was left aside. now if you want to make anothe revent for each seasons, this could be great... but then again will the banner be changed that often considering we were supposed to cycle it a few times this year.

since i had given the same idea back then... i'll reiterate the idea too... it would be great to have at least a banner for each seasons... not necessarily christmas or valentines days or whatever other day, just having a banner each season would be cool.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

that would be cool i would agree with i'd be nice to have season banners and if theres time holiday banners(the bigger holidays) but seasons would be more easier to maintain and all that so its understandable to more likely, but its a nice little change i agree with this idea =)

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
InFamous13~

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 4
InFamous13~ is an unknown quantity at this point

we got many gfx artists around dont we..zerounlim me donkios etc why not make it a banner comptn.. gfx section seem to be dead either way..so maybe a monthly thing is done..i mean seasons aside..singature of the month kinda thing..banner of the month....seasons can be special as in formed based on the upcoming seasons theme in the gfx comptn....i was thinking the same thing the other day..banner is so boring..thx bloodpack for bringing it up.

InFamous13~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

i was actually thinking of a seasonal FORUM THEME/SKIN but that would require a lot of work as oppose to just a replacing the top forum banner...anywayz, having a pretty banner is just secondary to me (altho it would pump up the holiday spirit), its the thought that really counts, knowing the fact that the community also shares and celebrates the season
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1657
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

except when its Winter for most of you guys (Dec - Feb) its actually stinking hot Summer for me... and vice-versa for Autumn and Spring.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

you could even turn this into a little contest/event where you get members to come up with creations and submit their work and have prizes (optional) for the winner banners/forums designs just to spice things up lol

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote