SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RANDOM Character Selection asshole New Features 44 08-21-2009 03:28 PM
IMPOSSIBLE! 999,999 hits SolidSnake76 Links 16 11-02-2008 03:49 PM
First Timer Sigs -SFC-LOYO(1) Banners, Avatars and Images 18 08-22-2008 07:53 PM
Effects on hits (-ReY619RvD-) New Features 9 03-14-2007 09:20 PM
Mugen;evil ken;50+ hits ~H~Zabuza Links 10 10-24-2006 06:20 AM

Old 09-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube
Default Random selection if timer hits 0

There are some people who tend to sleep on their keyboard's(you know what I mean) and waste other player's time and intend on making us wait for them to select a character before the timer hits 0. So, I believe it would be a good and essential idea to add this. Since, instead of expecting a "Server Disconnection" or going back to the host's server, the computer automatically selects a character for you if you simply cant do it yourself within a 10 second interval.

So, simply and shortly put, it would be a good addition for people who do things like this. At times, they do it intentionally to spite you or whatever their reasons/motive may be. So, again, it would be essential to add this. Some people even freeze during character selection and can't pick characters yet SFO itself did not completely freeze; just the character selection. So, to save people from that excruciating pain of getting kicked because they just simply didn't pick someone within the 10 second interval. A automatic random selection will trigger if either sides didn't pick a character within the 10 second interval and pick it for them.

For example: Chucky picks Wolverine and Chuckhe doesn't pick anyone for whatever the reason may be. The timer reaches 0 and Chuckhe did not pick a character. The automatic random selection will AUTOMATICALLY and RANDOMLY pick a character for him.

I hope this was an okay explanation of this suggestion. I intended on making it ridiculously long so you can spend 15 minutes reading it . But I'm trying to keep it short and not make this a documentary to just explain what I suggested. If you need more information/details or have any questions regarding this suggestion, please feel free to ask or PM me if you feel more comfortable doing so. Share your opinions towards this. But please: NO TROLLS or ASININE, INANE RESPONSES. Keep it CLEAN and ORDERLY. You know who you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything

Last edited by ((HF)Kindaru; 09-30-2013 at 08:09 PM.
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Random selection if timer hits 0

This is a horrible idea... If the "10" sec which is more like hits 0 then that usually somebody is either afk or wants to watch or maybe even their controls are messed up.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
This is a horrible idea... If the "10" sec which is more like hits 0 then that usually somebody is either afk or wants to watch or maybe even their controls are messed up.
That is the opposing sides problem. No one else'. If their controls are messed up, they are to be held accountable for it. No one else. And I stated exactly why it is essential for the reason of someone going afk. If you want to watch, then simply join before the game starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Its their fault? Way to be a douche about it. That person would just leave the game anyways I rather the player that didn't pick get themselves settled than forcing them to choose char and then not even playing that game.

If they are afk for reasons like picking up the phone, answering the door, their parents called them, etc... And the game forces a pick then your either STILL going to have to wait for them anyways or beat somebody that isn't even there.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

i prefer the way it is now, at least it takes you back to the chatroom so that if the player has timed out, you can see it. And if they are still there you can boot them out and play with whoever else was in there instead.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

HELLLL NOO. o_o

Sorry....

But umm... This is a bad idea specially since the person hosting has the power to instantly start the match the moment someone joins whether or not you want to play to the conditions of the room.

This would just be FORCING people to play where they don't want to. Having the option of NOT picking a character is the only way you have to not get forced into a match, we can't remove that.

What we need is a "Ready" feature so that the room cant start unless everyone (not observers) is ready....if we had that...then maybe the idea of auto-picking at 0 might seem more reasonable.
-Elite_Ken- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #7
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I dont like this idea, what if someone picked the wrong mode (which people tend todo) or put helpers on or timer on.

They usually just wait till the count down reaches 0, to go back to the host and fix it.

Because a lot of the time hitting the (Menu) button is a gamble and it might bring you back to the host, or back to the main menu.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, we need a random selection mode, but it should be a choice/optional.

The way you've got it here, it's forced on the player.

Keep brainstorming, though.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Actually people, this been broken for years...
the 10 second was made like the real arcade game where the character gets chosen as soon as 0 is reached. but thats one of the bugs that never got fixed because its not a really big issue since most people choose before timer runs out.

but i can assure you, back in the days it was choosing the characters for you.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

same here wat xfaderx said, i'd say leave it the way it is. Why? because if the timer reaches 0, and you didn't get to pick your character and/or opponent, then it's who's fault it is? yours? or opponents? Getting sent back to the chatroom is a better issue than staying in a game room of someone's host I think.

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: wol-spi-ryu & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF, & Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Cyclops only
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote