Requested sig rvca Banners, Avatars and Images 4 07-16-2006 03:16 AM

Old 06-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Random question, public response requested.

So like.

IF SFO2.0 comes out on a new engine...

Will there be a specifically required Shockwave again? Or will it no longer be Shockwave?

>> ...

I'm confused.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube
Default Re: Random question, public response requested.

Looks like it'll have to be a different everything bro.

Current programming may not even be compatible with new engines, meaning an entirely new game. Which could be good... but.... I like the lag.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

That's a good question, I want to play the game lag-free. All that second guessing and stuff. I cannot wait to play with Dan. OH! Speaking of DAN! When he comes out and individuals want to use him since he's an VIP only character, I know I'm speaking way a head of time but if regular members want to use him I'll be using out FREE SPONORSHIPS AND VIP MEMBERSHIPS! Sha Nicole is about to get busy baby. TEAM ON 3. 1.2.3 TEAM!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

well @bro wolf for me is this: I am not sure either wat to expect for sfo 2.0 version. Cuz it seems that adobe shockwave player is being used to run this game (by installation), so maybe it still will be, or maybe not. For those that upgraded adobe shockwave player (from 8 - 10x), still experience problem errors to run this game. Hmmm, blocky may be right on this one, = new engine = entirely new game, who knows?

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: _Medusa, runney & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF & Zero-E Only
Characters: Spider-man, Sentinel, Chun-li, Wolverine, Ryu, and Cyclops
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
So like.

IF SFO2.0 comes out on a new engine...

Will there be a specifically required Shockwave again? Or will it no longer be Shockwave?

>> ...

I'm confused.
SFO will always require Shockwave in order to be played, new engine or not, unless TMyApp ditches Director and re-creates the game from scratch in another programming language/IDE, i.e: Unity 3D/Java, etc and that's not going to happen. #Shockwave 4 Life. ...
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

official answer...
first thing first, its not coming to a new engine. its still going to be on shockwave.
the thing though, is that the game will become (if it works, thats a big IF) a server/client game just like SFX. meaning you will have to load up the shockwave plugins. but unlike what we have now, those updates will be done entirely by themselves. there will be no need to keep an old version like we have now. plus it will have the added bonus that we will be compatible with every single browser since adobe made sure of that.

new engine = new games...
you guys are thinking it too much...
there wont be any new engine nor will it be new game. because it took tmyapp like 10 years to get to this point... for him to redo everything from scratch would be a very very very time consuming project, time which he has like 100 times less then he had 10 years ago.

so basically the answer is... yes you will still need shockwave...
but the bright side is.... no you wont have to manage it. plus all the added bonus of latency to manage lag, no more router problems cause the server will be managing all of it. all the bonuses adds up quite fast.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

I like the way you responded, Karma. Thank you.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote