SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Wolverine Code SolidSnake76 General Comments & Strategies 42 07-14-2007 01:03 AM
Cap america code GokuS2 General 5 11-21-2006 02:04 AM
Cracking the code LegacyofKain New Features 1 05-27-2006 08:29 AM
Cheat code? lol cripwalker_19 Bugs and Problems report 1 04-29-2006 04:24 PM

Old 07-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 104
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough
Default Can you code?

Alright so yea lets try doing this again, lets get to see how many real nerds are in this community if you can code it is a useful talent, so lets see who all in this community is a developer that uses some language.

If you know any of the languages below or plan on learning some please be proud and tell a bit about what you do and what you know.

C
C++
C#

VB
Java
J#

PHP
HTML
CSS
ASP
Javascript

AS1
AS2
AS3

ASM

Basic - OLD o.O

If you know any of these languages make a post and let us know, I know many of these languages... though I am getting rusty with lack of use.
TotalReincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can you code?

Who are you calling a nerd?
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Who are you calling a nerd?
Well, I am a nerd is there something wrong with that.. NERD is not a bad thing you know
Old 07-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Visual Basic - average
#C/C++, Java, Javascript - amature
Html - Average to Expert
CSS - Average to Expert
PHP - Amature
ASP - Amature
Turbo Pascal - Amature
Basic, Quick Basic, gwBasic - Average to expert thought its been years since i touched those.
Lingo - amature

thats pretty much off the top of my head, by amature i mean that i touched the thing and that i do understand whats hapenning if i do look at the code.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Visual Basic - average
#C/C++, Java, Javascript - amature
Html - Average to Expert
CSS - Average to Expert
PHP - Amature
ASP - Amature
Turbo Pascal - Amature
Basic, Quick Basic, gwBasic - Average to expert thought its been years since i touched those.
Lingo - amature

thats pretty much off the top of my head, by amature i mean that i touched the thing and that i do understand whats hapenning if i do look at the code.
Interesting just like me you have explored many languages yourself, it looks like you got web design basics mastered then if you are expert with HTML and CSS you can do quite a bit

Yea I was not sure why I added basic since most people in this community have probably never touched it..

Oh wow I did not notice that I had forgot to post Lingo that was kinda silly of me and they even took the time to make it as close to writing in plain english as possible.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

System got me into visual basic.
C, C++, Java, Assembly, HTML/xhtml, vPython

Learning tcl, SQL, AJAX/javascript

I think we have a handful of programmers.

No really. DO ET.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
X-CloudSFF7

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
X-CloudSFF7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LegacyofKain here (can't remember what email i used for that account but found this one) howdy all

well i know SOME C# at a amature level,i knew enough to make my first basic XNA xbox360 game but that was over a year ago now.
X-CloudSFF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #8
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
System got me into visual basic.
C, C++, Java, Assembly, HTML/xhtml, vPython

Learning tcl, SQL, AJAX/javascript

I think we have a handful of programmers.
I even forgot about Python, that is funny I did not think many people here would use python, that is pretty impressive skill .. I had alot of trouble learning Assembly .. so to take on that I must say hats off to you Elena.

Lets see how many more people will post here.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalReincarnation View Post
Well, I am a nerd is there something wrong with that.. NERD is not a bad thing you know

//Programming Languages
C#
Visual Basic
Basic
Javascript
Flash "ActionScript"
Shockwave "Lingo"

//Other Non Programming Language
HTML

* HTML is not a programming language.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 07-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

//Programming Languages
C#
Visual Basic
Basic
Javascript
Flash "ActionScript"
Shockwave "Lingo"

//Other Non Programming Language
HTML

* HTML is not a programming language.
I realize Hyper Text Markup Language is not a programming language however this thread is about coding in general and it is a form of code.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

HTML it in own way is a programming language. an easy one at it, but its considered as is on the net !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
dshiznetz
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
dshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura aboutdshiznetz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-CloudSFF7 View Post
LegacyofKain here (can't remember what email i used for that account but found this one) howdy all

well i know SOME C# at a amature level,i knew enough to make my first basic XNA xbox360 game but that was over a year ago now.
Whats up man!!!

for me just html and java

also some 2dfightermaker coding
dshiznetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshiznetz View Post
Whats up man!!!

for me just html and java

also some 2dfightermaker coding
Well html is always good to know

I am not a big fan of java, to me its a little slow

Just a personal opinion.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

slow opposed tooo???

No really. DO ET.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I am not a big fan of java, to me its a little slow

Just a personal opinion.
Care to elaborate?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone who is fluent in coding flash and or javascript, help me out with my site's flash intro. Our current coder isn't to fluent in flash, so he failed in integrating our flash intro.
http://identitystudio.net/
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Now I wish I knew java script more fluently.

No really. DO ET.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #18
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Exclamation Re: Can you code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanbadass View Post
Could someone who is fluent in coding flash and or javascript, help me out with my site's flash intro. Our current coder isn't to fluent in flash, so he failed in integrating our flash intro.
Isn't that the movie intro playing at the beginning?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #19
4th~Espada

Post Thanks / Like
4th~Espada is an unknown quantity at this point

None.

But I need the service of a coder

msn: unyq4@hotmail.com

k thanks

Last edited by 4th~Espada; 07-18-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: SPELL checkers.
4th~Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Isn't that the movie intro playing at the beginning?
Yea, but it's very poorly integrated at thsi time, and we need to add a skip and a dont show again option, and need to upload for hd quality etc.
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-CloudSFF7 View Post

lol. sup Kain.

It's been a while man.

And.. I have NO knowledge in coding. Everything that needs to be done is done on a Mac

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If the intro was done in flash, then all you would have to do is make a simple skip button inside the flash project. To do that, all you need is to know a little flash action script. Basically, you would make the word skip into a button. Next, you would program that button using a goto command. The goto command would then go to your main site or whatever you want it to go to once it's released, etc.

I hope that helps. I don't have time to really help you out, but I think that will get you on track.

Oh and, I use to dabble in Visual Basic. I was going to learn C#, but I decided to not waste my time since I wasn't going to make anything really complex or had any desire to. I might pick up some languages in the future. I have a friend that can code out of this world. He tried teaching me some stuff, but I wasn't interested. He owns his own software company making development tools, etc. The guy is a beast at programming.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #23
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Yea, but it's very poorly integrated at thsi time, and we need to add a skip and a dont show again option, and need to upload for hd quality etc.
Feel free to send me a PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 AM   #24
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Depending on the language you chose to use, there are multiple ways to do it
It also depends on the actual site if it is not flash then you would not use goto, as goto only works with in its movie. If you need any help flash related it is a field I am pretty fluent in as I was making games with flash nice little hobby.

AS2 and AS3 are my home zone AS1 is to long ago since i touched it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
Now I wish I knew java script more fluently.
Java and Javascript are not the same thing Elena, but javascript is quite useful it is even used in the unity engine for scripting a 3D game But i really do not recommend what they provide you to start with unity as its really buggy and annoying.

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Java can be slow on some projects like games it processes input and frame rate a little slower then I am comfortable with though it can work pretty good for some programs sense if you look at flash its base is a a Java engine called Eclipse.

I have made a group for anyone that is into any language or programming in general please join and discuss there your thoughts and share some scripts and help others with theirs
Most of ALL HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #25
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Java can be slow on some projects like games it processes input and frame rate a little slower then I am comfortable with though it can work pretty good for some programs sense if you look at flash its base is a a Java engine called Eclipse.
Hmm, a bit vague, but since it was your personal opinion, I will let it go.