SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SFO survey best & worst -AlphaRiku- General Comments & Strategies 3 01-04-2014 11:13 PM
::SFO Survey:: system4 General Comments & Strategies 35 06-13-2008 04:09 PM

Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Random survey.

I'm just wondering how many people are still here who remember XvsSF?

14 years is a hell of a leap, but SFO's only been around for about 11 years now?

So who else is in the club? =o

Anyone else remember the old log-in voice, for example?

"This is X-Men versus Street fighter! You've never seen anything like it in the whole world!" xD

Lulz.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6400
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Random survey.

I remember. Also the old sfo juke box thing that had like one techno sounding song.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

Wow. Seems like this club got a lot more exclusive over the past couple years. 0_o
Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Only peeps that remember that will be veteran players been playing since 2004. If I remember correctly XVsSF was shut down on 2003 and SFO was reborn the same year or 2004. XVsSF client was still playable through X-Force site despite being moved to Street Fighter Online.

But yeah I still remember the log in voice. If I recalled that was cyclops voice. Did anyone remember that you can pick Onslaught as an character from the character selection? Or was that in story mode only. I'm not sure.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by estset View Post
Only peeps that remember that will be veteran players been playing since 2004. If I remember correctly XVsSF was shut down on 2003 and SFO was reborn the same year or 2004. XVsSF client was still playable through X-Force site despite being moved to Street Fighter Online.

But yeah I still remember the log in voice. If I recalled that was cyclops voice. Did anyone remember that you can pick Onslaught as an character from the character selection? Or was that in story mode only. I'm not sure.
XvsSF shut down in October of 2002 and came back like three weeks later I think?

It was shut down for good in early 2003 right after Spiderman was added.

When I came back to SFO it was like June 2004 or something and Akuma had just been added I think. Up until that point I too was playing XvsSF on X Force.

I don't remember ever seeing Onslaught in the character selection screen, though. 0_o
Old 04-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
estset

Post Thanks / Like
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
XvsSF shut down in October of 2002 and came back like three weeks later I think?

It was shut down for good in early 2003 right after Spiderman was added.

When I came back to SFO it was like June 2004 or something and Akuma had just been added I think. Up until that point I too was playing XvsSF on X Force.

I don't remember ever seeing Onslaught in the character selection screen, though. 0_o
Yeah I'm looking through old news right now. You're right XvsSF was shut down temporarily in October 8, 2002 due TMyApp not being able to sustain bandwidth costs due to overwhelming amount of high traffic. Few days later, October 14, it was up and running again with the help of leftyfb, nosoul4evr and some few dozen or more others. That's when the introduction of VIP donation program was born. The system was created by the community. The sole purpose was to keep the game alive.

February 4, 2003 - XVsSF v2 was reborn. This version was the faster of the next XVsSF game engine. This is when we see an introduction of Evil Ryu. First of many "Evil" characters to come.

June 11 2003 - The Dream is Dead! You're right XVsSF did shut down for good in 2003.

October 31, 2003 - Street Fighter Online was born! You can still use your old account from XVsSF.

The rest is history.

But yeah I don't think Onslaught was in the character selection screen. I was thinking of something else. But if I remember correctly there was a way in which you can choose Onslaught in 1on1. Where you and your opponent have to choose certain helpers. I believe it was Hulk and Spiral or Venom and Spiral I'm not sure though. I'm certain Onslaught was playable in 1on1 battle in the old days, not like today where you change the mode to Onslaught.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Last edited by estset; 04-25-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
^
That

We could play XvsSF on AcardPod whereas SFO was here.
I think one of the server name was "Grande Bertha".
Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
^
That

We could play XvsSF on AcardPod whereas SFO was here.
I think one of the server name was "Grande Bertha".
ArcadePod I remember that. That's how I found about this game lol.

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 297
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: Random survey.

Quote:

Only in story mode

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
eviltomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #10
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Quote:

Not Cyclops' voice, it's the XvSF announcer's voice. Unless they happen to have the same voice actor.

Onslaught was chosen through specific helpers, I remember he was given to you in Story mode if you picked/randomly obtained Hulk.

I miss being able to pick Onslaught in Story mode.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1657
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

"power within" the song from the jukebox that had its own mysterious button that appeared on the menu screen and the chatroom.

I can remember when Sentinel and Sakura were just helpers...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

I remember when SFO first launched and on the xvssf webpage it asked you to choose your destiny.

I kept on playing xvssf until it shut down and then learnt later that SFO was the exact same game. Lol.

ooscanoo was my server.

@sinik: lol you mean big Bertha

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
"power within" the song from the jukebox that had its own mysterious button that appeared on the menu screen and the chatroom.

I can remember when Sentinel and Sakura were just helpers...
Power within glitched tab once you came from a previous game or exited out of server.
Did it ever serve any purpose?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

I wemember!
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

isn't onslaught still pickable if you get hulk as an helper along with i dont remember along whichever character we were supposed to have ?

because as far as i know onslaught has been a playable character since then. but unfortunately people have been turning off helpers for years which stops the onslaught to be picked.

but i may just be not remembering if tmyapp cancelled that onslaught pick or not.

we got shut down from marvel, because they had a problem with spiderman being world widely copyrighted infringed upon ever since the release of the first movie in 2002. so marvel had to do a big warning to all. and that message warning was the shut down a few big sites who are known for their infrigements. we were targetted along 3 other sites, including one that was making marvel chars for the quake 3 engine. except for us, none of the other website got back up to their feets. the message passed and all the copyright infrigement stopped. before you tell me, no we didn't... the fact being, those made the infrigement, were "SELLING" the good, making money out of a character copyrighted by marvel.

anyway its all good at this point.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish that some more of the people from 02 - 04 were still around. >>

Where for art thou?

How about Nantuko Joe? =o What happened to that crazy mofo?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

perma banned by tmyapp !
so was dan hibiki.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

>> ...

I forget more people from this damn game then most of the pricks on now know currently. It sucks.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #19
evil^vegeta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 105
evil^vegeta is an unknown quantity at this point

My memory isn't a good one I didn't even own a computer back then so everything was extremely limited. I remember when it first converted to sfo though somewhat ... This games old lol now when you sit and think .. Wow man. I wasn't even a teenager then smh
evil^vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #20
Nferno666

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 512
Nferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really niceNferno666 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
I'm just wondering how many people are still here who remember XvsSF?

14 years is a hell of a leap, but SFO's only been around for about 11 years now?

So who else is in the club? =o

Anyone else remember the old log-in voice, for example?

"This is X-Men versus Street fighter! You've never seen anything like it in the whole world!" xD

Lulz.
you mean this?
http://nferno666.sytes.net/xmvsf/xmvsf.mp4

as for anything else I have from the XMVSSF days...

XMVSSF/SFO Record: Wins: 24,549(94.12%) Losses: 1,534(5.88%) Total: 26,083 As of 02/07/12

Last edited by Nferno666; 05-12-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Nferno666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #21
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

doesn't work
Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #22
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nferno666 View Post
you mean this?
http://nferno666.sytes.net/xmvsf/xmvsf.mp4

as for anything else I have from the XMVSSF days...

I'm not surprised.

I'm never surprised with you anymore.

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Nferno666: yo that link doesn't work man

Edit - like magic, it works now. OMGGG .. OMGGG .. OMGGGG, the memories

Last edited by Sir Nash; 05-12-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #24
HotTopic
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 164
HotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura aboutHotTopic has a spectacular aura about

nfernos link works for me o,0

CLOSED for extreme amount of creepiness.
HotTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #25
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTopic View Post
nfernos link works for me o,0
Yes, yes after giving him a blank stare, he fixed it.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote