SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clark Kent quits job bloodpack General 11 10-26-2012 02:56 PM
[GAMES] Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition = Pokemon Conquest Wolfeh General 9 04-14-2012 12:42 AM
World Warrior V (My Thoughts, Re-Cap, Play By Play) DanteP General Comments & Strategies 25 12-22-2011 06:15 PM
Paula Abdul quits American Idol system4 General 20 08-12-2009 08:48 AM

Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Man in New Zealand quits his job to play Pokemon Go fulltime

Quote:
When I resigned, I didn't tell my manager I was going out into the world to hunt Pokemon," he told Newsbeat.

"But after my story got picked up I gave him a courtesy call to update him just in case the media contacted him. I got an absolutely lovely response, 'Good on you Tom. It is really funny. I hope everything is OK. Have fun for your Pokemon trip.'

"My dad sent through a text message saying he always knew I would be famous."

Since beginning his quest to find all the monsters, Tom says he's caught 91 of the 151 Pokemon available in the game.

He says the travel has been the best part of playing instead of going to work every day.

"I get to walk around and explore towns I've never been to," he says.

"I have been meeting heaps of people, tourists travelling the country and other Pokemon trainers at the small (sometimes huge) public gatherings."

"When you and your friends have to physically go for a walk or run to catch a rare Pokemon in the area and you all catch it, that is definitely a highlight."

Tom says he's also starting to get recognised in New Zealand after various websites and newspapers ran his story.

He says people around the world are getting in touch to wish him good luck.

"I have been approached by a few other Pokemon trainers who recognised me and wanted a chat," he says.

"I have had people asking for photos and one guy even called me his hero for doing what I'm doing.

"I have received messages on Facebook from around the world, messages of support from America, Ireland, Canada, India and Nepal."

"The story has gone global, so no doubt I'll be getting a bit more fan mail."

Tom says he will go back to work once his Pokemon adventure comes to an end.

"When I finish the trip and get back to Auckland, I will be looking for work and working on my new business. And of course still catching Pokemon."
source
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articles/36814165

bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Man in New Zealand quits his job to play Pokemon Go fulltime

Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote