SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One question Cazaki Members Help Center 3 02-03-2008 10:13 AM
2 question superdan305 Members Help Center 4 02-03-2008 04:21 AM
Question... XxOmny_SakuraxX RaNdOm iNsAnItY 4 12-10-2007 05:54 AM
Question here..... Flirting question, lol J-Kwn RaNdOm iNsAnItY 13 05-05-2007 03:26 AM

Old 01-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
donkios
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 184
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about
Default A question

Now that everything's up in flame and the game is at its darkest point I just want to know the general consensus about why people were so against Vindicator?

Before I was active on the forums and started doing Clan battles, tournaments, event, etc. Vindicated Akuma, Ken and Wolv were my favorite characters to use. When I became active on UG I started seeing a lot of elitism towards vindi players and as the player base got smaller most of the people i'd run into in the servers would only play unvind

What's everyones reasoning behind abandoning one of the biggest updates SFO ever saw? I remember people talking about glitches but the only glitch I could remember was the VIP Ken instakill. Were there tons of people using SG or is there some other reason?

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: A question

I'm pretty sure the 'best' users at the time were all speed enhanced in some way. Vindi meant they couldn't do that anymore so as a result many of them lost interest in the game altogether.
Also another reason why all tournaments and clan battles were fought with Vindi on, yet you'll hear all the 'vets' say their clan was the best which was before Vindi came along...
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:25 PM   #3
ViperRyu2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
ViperRyu2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the vast majority of players loved the idea of vind. It was a complete refresh for the game adding so much more depths to a character. If players were not fond of it, they just keep vind off, so I wouldn't say that scared players away.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:57 PM   #4
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 302
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: A question

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
Now that everything's up in flame and the game is at its darkest point I just want to know the general consensus about why people were so against Vindicator?

Before I was active on the forums and started doing Clan battles, tournaments, event, etc. Vindicated Akuma, Ken and Wolv were my favorite characters to use. When I became active on UG I started seeing a lot of elitism towards vindi players and as the player base got smaller most of the people i'd run into in the servers would only play unvind

What's everyones reasoning behind abandoning one of the biggest updates SFO ever saw? I remember people talking about glitches but the only glitch I could remember was the VIP Ken instakill. Were there tons of people using SG or is there some other reason?
I didn't know wolverine had vindicated perks o_O

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Jesus Christ is The Way, the Truth and the Light. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
eviltomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:46 AM   #5
~H~Blaze
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1498
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Vindication gives you access to bigger hit boxes than unvind. So where in unvind a simple crouch block wolf avoid all damage, in lvl 0(vind on) you take a lot of chip. That was my only issue with vind back in the day. These days I just leave vind on and play unvind vs vets to prove who’s better without gimmicks.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
KingofStreetfighter101
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 33
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Vindicator effects used to slow down older PCs back in 2k6-2k7 and like Blaze said made some moves better.

IMO, it also made people who were vindicated have an advantage over players who were using library comps or didn't have admin privileges to install GV.

I personally loved using Unvindicated ryu since he was simple and straight to the point. The speed gear usage was probably another reason at that point, but I can't confirm that.

Wolverine had a larger hitbox on fatal claw in GV IIRC
KingofStreetfighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #7
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 186
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

The way I see it @donkios. With Vindication, some players will play with vind ON only because of the extra moves & supers for their in-game characters. (Examples, ryu, iron-man, & sakura).

Honestly speaking.. I find the only reason why most players were against other players (with vindi) is cuz they complain/belly-ache/bad tempers in 2vs2 brawl fights of winnin/losing, tag fights, or using unnecessary programs that cuz cheating to win 95% of the time. feel me? only my 2 cents in...

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: rata_03/Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF/Unvind/Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Spider-man -teams with- Cyclops/Ryu only
Playing Style: Double-Supers/Variable Time Attacks/RDs
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #8
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 302
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: A question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Raichu View Post
The way I see it @donkios. With Vindication, some players will play with vind ON only because of the extra moves & supers for their in-game characters. (Examples, ryu, iron-man, & sakura).

Honestly speaking.. I find the only reason why most players were against other players (with vindi) is cuz they complain/belly-ache/bad tempers in 2vs2 brawl fights of winnin/losing, tag fights, or using unnecessary programs that cuz cheating to win 95% of the time. feel me? only my 2 cents in...
The unvind days were pretty fun tho until vindicated was released for Ryu in 06. My first insights when vindicator was released for Ryu, I got MUGEN vibes lol. I was 8 at the time so I never really understood the aspects of this game.. My brother taught me everything I know about SFO

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Jesus Christ is The Way, the Truth and the Light. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Last edited by eviltomas; 01-03-2019 at 08:23 PM.
eviltomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #9
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 184
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

I forgot how laggy vind made my old ass laptop. Makes sense considering most of us were playing on POS PCs back in the day lol

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #10
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
I forgot how laggy vind made my old ass laptop. Makes sense considering most of us were playing on POS PCs back in the day lol
^ this as well.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:55 PM   #11
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

The vindicated effectswent to SF chars, where marvel chars were DWX effects.

The overall game vind slowed things down. I remembered it always made my CPU skyrocket to process RAM. lol.

the big flaws, as some pretty much stated.
1 - stopped those who purposed lagged or speed the game(which at the time, was a vast majority of the top players at some point)
2 - glitchy effects (though the game looked more exciting)
3 - once it got exploited (finding ways around/abusing it), at the time, the game was popular, and to many ppl seen it as pointless to have / enforce
4 - it glitched out/locked out those who actually did have slow connects/pc's, and constantly locked em out because gv detected something. (or false-detection), and at the time, it was like a waiting list to get unbanned that way.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #12
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Cause its for nubs.

/ElitePr0Out.
D.Bahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #13
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Cause its for nubs.

/ElitePr0Out.
This noob knows.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:30 AM   #14
|ChimpY|

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 26
|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about|ChimpY| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Cause its for nubs.

/ElitePr0Out.
took the words from my mouth...I am ken User not no vind Ken user yuck...I think ppl didnt like it cuz it buffed the characters when they were fine the way they are.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #15
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 186
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake78 View Post
The vindicated effectswent to SF chars, where marvel chars were DWX effects.

The overall game vind slowed things down. I remembered it always made my CPU skyrocket to process RAM. lol.

the big flaws, as some pretty much stated.
1 - stopped those who purposed lagged or speed the game(which at the time, was a vast majority of the top players at some point)
2 - glitchy effects (though the game looked more exciting)
3 - once it got exploited (finding ways around/abusing it), at the time, the game was popular, and to many ppl seen it as pointless to have / enforce
4 - it glitched out/locked out those who actually did have slow connects/pc's, and constantly locked em out because gv detected something. (or false-detection), and at the time, it was like a waiting list to get unbanned that way.
ya I agree with this statement... no wonder GV made things worse if ur PC/laptop started to glitch SFO. What a shame!!!

My SFO History Information Over the Years

IGNs: rata_03/Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018
Game Modes: XvsSF/Unvind/Zero-E only
Characters: Ryu/Spider-man -teams with- Cyclops/Ryu only
Playing Style: Double-Supers/Variable Time Attacks/RDs
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote