SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > Members Help Center

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[MOD Answered]Few questions Willhaxors..kinda Members Help Center 1 02-05-2008 08:45 PM
2 questions derryck Members Help Center 9 01-26-2008 09:30 PM
Some PS Questions ... feross Banners, Avatars and Images 4 10-03-2007 03:06 PM
Questions DarkSilver007 Members Help Center 7 06-08-2006 04:52 PM

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
DiamondFists

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
DiamondFists is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [answered]Several questions...

question 1: does downloading the loadable version of sfo make it faster to load up the web version? I ask this because recently, loading up the web version of this game takes more than an hour as of late. also, does having it downloaded improve the frame rate of the game?

question 2: I know how to become a VIP in the web version of this game, and I am one as a matter of fact, but how does one go about becoming a VIP in the forums?

question 3: I completely forgot how to do this, due to my computer hardrive crashing, so how do you sponsor other people?

question 4: Is the loadable version playable on other hardware besides computers, lets say a PSP?

question 5: how does one person go about making their own avatar, lets say an icon instead?

Well, that's all. I'd appreciate it greatly if I can have some of these questions answered.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]question 1: does downloading the loadable version of sfo make it faster to load up the web version? I ask this because recently, loading up the web version of this game takes more than an hour as of late. also, does having it downloaded improve the frame rate of the game?
The download version loads faster than the web version. The download and web versions don't affect each other though. They are two separate forms of the same game, but overall, download is preferred. Increased frame rate? Perhaps, but the frame rate really depends on your computer hardware and internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]question 2: I know how to become a VIP in the web version of this game, and I am one as a matter of fact, but how does one go about becoming a VIP in the forums?
Send a PM to the here: Moderator Pm's - State what status you'd like to be given on the forum. (VIP or Sponsored VIP) Also make sure to include a screen shot of you entering a server where your VIP account name can be clearly shown, or an ingame shot like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]question 3: I completely forgot how to do this, due to my computer hardrive crashing, so how do you sponsor other people?
You will need to donate to SFO on their behalf, so you will also be required to provide their InGameName. Having never done this myself, I can't tell you if you also need to provide their email or yours. Sponsoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]question 4: Is the loadable version playable on other hardware besides computers, lets say a PSP?
PSP, no not that I'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]question 5: how does one person go about making their own avatar, lets say an icon instead?
You will need a graphic design program. There are quite a few. A) Basic Microsoft Paint -- B) Adobe Photoshop (you should be able to find trial versions on the net) -- C) PaintShop Pro (Never used this but you should be able to find a trial version.)

Then you'll also need an upload site for the finished products. Register a free account here: http://photobucket.com/

Once you've got one or more of the programs set up, go here for help: Banners Avatars and Images

Well, that was my best shot at answering your Q's. Good luck and good night.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

TF, you took all questions.

Anyways.. here's an more detailed answer to "Question 3".

To sponser other people, you have to donate for them. (as you probably know), follow the steps below on how to sponser, and to tell you, I've never done this my self, but im sure it's done like so..

1) Goto; http://sfo.gotdns.com/site/vip/ (click)

2) Read the "FAQ" if you wish, but thats mainly for "Becoming VIP", look and find this part of the site..

Where it say "Your in-game SFO login".. put who evers In-Game name you'd wish to sponser, make sure it's spelt correcly.

3) Where it says "The email address you would like to use", you may put the person whom your sponsering e-mail in, if you know it.

But if you put your e-mail in, it could leed to special features for you in the future.

4) Now click "BECOME A VIP MEMBER" once all entered information is correct, double check for spelling mistakes.

5) An new Tab/Window will appear about "Billing Information", put in how much you'd like to donate (Must be $5.00 or higher), then click "Update totals" or something similar, sometimes it's already set on $5.00.

6) Send donations by PayPal or credit card, type in the following details on the site.

7) Once all complete, the perks will be recived within 24~48 hours, or maybe sooner at certain points. ;]

^ Thanks estset.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Topic updated.
Topic closed.

Pm to linked topic sent to topic starter.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Closed Thread