Space ship estset Banners, Avatars and Images 2 11-11-2005 06:33 PM

Old 07-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Space war on the horizon.

Quote:
Warning on satellite war
DAN OAKES
25 Jul, 2011 12:34 AM
CHINA'S satellite reconnaissance capabilities are rapidly approaching those of the United States and are increasingly geared towards military use, according to a US study.

The study by Eric Hagt and Matthew Durnin, obtained by the Herald, says a war in space between the US and China could be far more devastating than one fought on Earth.

''A war in space could be far more hazardous not least because the US military and economy are highly dependent on space,'' says the paper, which will appear in the Journal of Strategic Studies.

The paper says China is increasingly focusing on the military use of satellites. It says the US still has greater capacity to track moving targets, but that the Chinese have made huge strides in their ability to observe events as they unfold.

China's growing military strength is casting a lengthening shadow over the Asia Pacific region, prompting the US to guarantee its continuing presence in the region.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...r/2236407.aspx

Although the topic states that this would be an issue for America, I'm not too sure. Almost every time America fights communism, they end up losing or getting blasted by their own people.

But, thinking positive, given the amount of money US is already pumping into NASA, pumping even more money into it might end up being more benefitial than harmful to the world as a whole.

Considering of course the relative importance of understanding space, finding a new suitable homeworld or intelligent life, and getting to/from those objectives. More money will eventually lead to more scientific imporvement, which could lead to a brighter future?

The horrors of war notwithstanding, but honestly, a space war would likely result in a stalemate in the first place and not much casualties unless they plan on firing nukes from above, which I doubt they're ready to do.

Furthermore, the economy in China is rapidly growing, and they're opening more commerce with Japan and Korea, both of whom are allies with the US. This being said, I doubt that China has any real reason to attack America in the first place.

Regardless, the threat of possibilities will ALWAYS be the breeding ground for increased military spending, and I'm pretty sure America is already allocating funds.

A lot of people in america absolutely hate the space program, thinking that it's useless and that its monetary demands are too high. Something tells me they're going to be a lot angrier within the next two years or so. =x
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote