SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruise Ship Aground, Capt in trouble SolidSnake76 General 0 01-14-2012 05:27 PM
Next Generation: R.o.A DwAyN3 Challenges and Tournaments 17 11-04-2009 06:19 PM
Old generation v.s new generation LiquidSnake78 Challenges and Tournaments 103 05-06-2006 11:25 AM
Space ship estset Banners, Avatars and Images 2 11-11-2005 06:33 PM

Old 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Generation Ship

The Earth is doomed. By the time you are 80, it will be uninhabitable.

Right now, a generation ship (a space ship at least the size of a city, if not larger, where all inhabitants will live and work, rasise the next generation,) has a spot for you.

Do you accept, and if you can take one person with you, who would you take?

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Generation Ship

>> ...

I mean who wouldn't go? I'd probably be stuck bringing my daughter along. =x

Good parenting always has to supersede good *****. >>
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

Kaiden
Old 05-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

If im 80 years old and already pretty much dying soon there is no point to accept it. I'd make sure someone close to me takes my spot.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Ashley

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
guitarrocker

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

tbh I wouldn't wanna live in a floating bubble that would turn out to be a "communistic utopia" most likely.. if that even makes sense..

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my hands/knees..

but if I were to take someone(pretending that I had no choice).. it would be someone beneficial to a upcoming growing community (and no I'm not saying an old man.. a young mastaa) .. someone with hands on experience of the world that can teach what he/she has learned to help better society.. not some self-proclaimed junkie politician or w.e ..

of course most peoples first option would be to bring a loved one and thats cool too.. in the heat of the moment its best to be around people that you love and trust for a lil bit of a sense of security I guess .. and besides not everyone has a family either.. may be a super close friend.

I dunno maybe I'm over thinking this lol
Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Can I give up my spot for my wife/kid, kid/kid, or siblings?

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

hmm, I agree with Guitarrocker, although I wont be 80 at the time, just by the time we turn 80 the earth will be doomed.

I rather live on my feet as well, plus if I live long enough to be 80 then my life will already be complete, no need for me to try to prolong life in an artificial atmosphere.

I was born on earth, so ill die on earth. If anything I would give up my spot for someone else, someone younger than me.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

I'd give my spot up.

There's so much of the World that I haven't seen with my own eyes. I'd travel the World before it went to trash :[

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 84
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

I would not take it. I'd enjoy my last years on earth with my family because I know they would want to stay with me.

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #11
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

My little brother.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Sadly some 98% - 99% of the population would get left behind in "evacuate Earth" type scenarios. But would I give up my spot as an 80 year old man? Nope! I love space, always intrigued by it. What a mind blowing and fascinating wonder space is.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

This will probably happen, minus the space ship part.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Really good answers, everyone. It's not really one of those right or wrong answer questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
>> ...

I mean who wouldn't go? I'd probably be stuck bringing my daughter along. =x

Good parenting always has to supersede good *****. >>
You'll get plenty of the latter on the ship most likely.

Even if it's supposedly regulated, people paired off...stuff will still happen. Humans will be humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~Vanilla~) View Post
Kaiden
Aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
If im 80 years old and already pretty much dying soon there is no point to accept it. I'd make sure someone close to me takes my spot.
Yeah, I shouldn't have typed it up on my phone. No real time to elaborate (and I hate writing long posts on my phone...). I meant the ship is ready to leave now, but if you stay on Earth, by the time you're 80, the world will end.

Now what's your answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Ashley
Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarrocker101 View Post
tbh I wouldn't wanna live in a floating bubble that would turn out to be a "communistic utopia" most likely.. if that even makes sense..

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my hands/knees..

but if I were to take someone(pretending that I had no choice).. it would be someone beneficial to a upcoming growing community (and no I'm not saying an old man.. a young mastaa) .. someone with hands on experience of the world that can teach what he/she has learned to help better society.. not some self-proclaimed junkie politician or w.e ..

of course most peoples first option would be to bring a loved one and thats cool too.. in the heat of the moment its best to be around people that you love and trust for a lil bit of a sense of security I guess .. and besides not everyone has a family either.. may be a super close friend.

I dunno maybe I'm over thinking this lol
Good answer, actually. I tend to overthink things like this (and a lot of things in general), too. Your approach to this answer is mostly my approach to Solid's Zombie Apoclaypse thread...and why I haven't answered it to this day. I'm still thinking... o_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
Can I give up my spot for my wife/kid, kid/kid, or siblings?
Sure. You can give it up, or decline in general. Giving your seat up's a good answer, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
hmm, I agree with Guitarrocker, although I wont be 80 at the time, just by the time we turn 80 the earth will be doomed.

I rather live on my feet as well, plus if I live long enough to be 80 then my life will already be complete, no need for me to try to prolong life in an artificial atmosphere.

I was born on earth, so ill die on earth. If anything I would give up my spot for someone else, someone younger than me.
Aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [VIP]Killer View Post
I'd give my spot up.

There's so much of the World that I haven't seen with my own eyes. I'd travel the World before it went to trash :[
Well, what if the world isn't done for yet, but it's clearly deteriorating? What if you're not financially or physically able to travel the world as you'd like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TR~Robert View Post
I would not take it. I'd enjoy my last years on earth with my family because I know they would want to stay with me.
Aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sha_Nicole) View Post
My little brother.
Aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Sadly some 98% - 99% of the population would get left behind in "evacuate Earth" type scenarios. But would I give up my spot as an 80 year old man? Nope! I love space, always intrigued by it. What a mind blowing and fascinating wonder space is.
True, but for some reason the ship only wants SFO members. So, I take it you'd go as a young man, too. (As the ship's ready to go now.)

What if the journey isn't all promises to be? Would you still enjoy it?

What if the ship's natural order falls and it turns into a nightmare? How would you cope or adapt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
This will probably happen, minus the space ship part.
Deteriorating while we're 80 or completely gone to **** by then?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Deteriorating while we're 80 or completely gone to **** by then?
Coastal cities like NYC or LA are projected to be completely flooded by then
Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Ah.

I once read a paper (what was available of it) and watched presentations about an ARKstorm(sp?). By the same researches behind Shakeout, the earthquake preparedness thing.

Is this the same projection?

Old 05-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #17
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Id give my spot up for a fortune to allow me to travel the world?

And be black Hefner.

Where the bunnies at?

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #18
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Ah.

I once read a paper (what was available of it) and watched presentations about an ARKstorm(sp?). By the same researches behind Shakeout, the earthquake preparedness thing.

Is this the same projection?
NOAA and other government/science agencies doing research on climate change, melting of Antarctica and Greenland, and estimating sea level rise.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #19
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
NOAA and other government/science agencies doing research on climate change, melting of Antarctica and Greenland, and estimating sea level rise.
Danke.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #20
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Ok to answer the fixed story. I still wouldnt go as I would be 80 when the earth dies pretty much. So by then I would have lived a nice life. I wouldnt have to contend with the risks of space travel and living in space. I wouldnt have to worry about space hazards and what not. I would be perfectly content with staying on earth.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #21
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Aye.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #22
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Noah's space ship/

Assuming that we have the option to go anytime prior to doomsday, I would definitely keep the offer at hand.

I would have to wait and see from other explorers and see how the exploration life really is and how it compares to earth. If earth's environment is turning for the worse as corruption and disasters increase, I would definitely give it a shot. I would take my spouse and reproduce in the new environment.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #23
guitarrocker

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
research? lol thats rich..

The government already controls the weather.. why do you think things have been getting more severe when it comes to storms and what not.. cause they're tampering with the atmosphere by making it rain or whatever it is they're pumping out of most of those planes that fly by SUPER high in the sky.. or whatever other methods they use

the climate change is happening cause the government is making that happen.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #24
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ I co-sign.

But then again, those Jets might be spraying a vaccine to what ever new disease the government has been hiding or has broken out unbeknownst to us.

Maybe to contain something, idk.

Those jets can be doing anything.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #25
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarrocker101 View Post
research? lol thats rich..

The government already controls the weather.. why do you think things have been getting more severe when it comes to storms and what not.. cause they're tampering with the atmosphere by making it rain or whatever it is they're pumping out of most of those planes that fly by SUPER high in the sky.. or whatever other methods they use

the climate change is happening cause the government is making that happen.
Yes, flooding the most economically and productive centers of their own country is exactly what the government wants, especially after they just spent billions of dollars bailing out the banks that reside there. Your logic is completely sound and not crazy like those crazy conspiracy theories