SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SUGGESTION] New Generation Mode (AK) New Features 5 01-31-2012 07:07 PM
Next Generation: R.o.A DwAyN3 Challenges and Tournaments 17 11-04-2009 07:19 PM
Old generation v.s new generation LiquidSnake78 Challenges and Tournaments 103 05-06-2006 12:25 PM

Old 07-30-2017, 03:21 AM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3100
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool The Poorest Generation: Millennials

https://www.dailydot.com/via/millenn...net-scapegoat/

Quote:
The kids are not all right. As the millennial generation starts to reach its 30s, many of these ‘80s and ‘90s kids are having kids of their own, and recent surveys show one in five millennial parents is living in poverty. That’s the result of a combination of rising costs for raising children, falling wages, increased unemployment, and high debt—mostly college related. But the boomer generation seems to think otherwise: Millennials are to blame for their own financial situation, thanks to wasting time on the Internet and being too lazy to find jobs.
http://nypost.com/2015/04/29/millenn...n-in-25-years/

Quote:
The stereotypes about millennials have been well-documented. They’re entitled and flighty, and crushed under the weight of student loan debt and mediocre job prospects.

But more than 20 million of them are something else, too: Parents. And they’re facing challenges unfamiliar to both their childless peers and older moms and dads.

About 20 percent of parents between the ages of 18 and 34 live in poverty, according to an analysis of Census data released Wednesday by the Young Invincibles, an advocacy and outreach group for young people.
Let's be serious here.... how you guys holding up?

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:18 AM   #2
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 624
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Poorest Generation: Millennials

I find it rather puzzling, I live in Ohio and I'm 22 and most of my generation is very successful, they're graduating school, and if they didn't go to school they still found someway to be employed and still smoke weed when just about all jobs here require and drug screening, and even the drug dealers that's my age killing the game. So that article is incorrect to me. Just because some live better than others doesn't mean it have anything to do with the generation. It depends on your hustling and what you choose to do with it.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

unfortunately many children from the 90's and onwards believe that they are entitled to get everything given to them on a platter. As a result, they refuse to work... or should I rephrase that, they refuse to work for any job that pays them less than $20 per hour , and of course expect to able to get that job without having any sort of education or putting in any of the hard work to get there.

So whose fault is this? probably the parents of these millenials who gave them everything they ever wanted and forgot to teach them life lessons along the way.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:55 AM   #4
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
unfortunately many children from the 90's and onwards believe that they are entitled to get everything given to them on a platter. As a result, they refuse to work... or should I rephrase that, they refuse to work for any job that pays them less than $20 per hour , and of course expect to able to get that job without having any sort of education or putting in any of the hard work to get there.

So whose fault is this? probably the parents of these millenials who gave them everything they ever wanted and forgot to teach them life lessons along the way.
Governments are partly to blame. More developed economies have placed emphasis on education. I suspect the trend in the number of people attending university in North America and Australia is quite similar to Europe, it's on an upward trend.

If you've attended university and accumulated a lot of student debt in the process could you realistically work for anything less?
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
LegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura aboutLegendaryLucci has a spectacular aura about

We always focus on the negative but never talk about The positive ones that are doing good for themselves. That's why the younger generation have that I don't care attitude because of the environment they're raised in. The Jim Crow girls get so tight.

Last edited by LegendaryLucci; 07-30-2017 at 03:20 PM.
LegendaryLucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #6
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Quote:

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog...is-for-closers
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

Consider the degrees that 30% (I pulled this number out of nowhere, but it's probably valid) of the population is pursuing - Bachelors of Arts in Handwriting or something stupid or worthless like that. Or on a serious note, Womens Studies, Art, or Acting - you can't graduate with a degree like this and expect to be financially stable out of college. You've just sunk $100K into a degree that you'll be lucky to earn 30K a year on, unless you're something special.

Similarly, I can honestly say most of the people I know that have kids aren't married - they're either women who got pregnant in college and are hooking up with guys left and right trying to find someone willing to settle with them or they're dudes who just knock up women and are paying child support to 3-4 different people.

All in all, I think this generation is a bunch of morons.

Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #8
party_gurl
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 4
party_gurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLucci View Post
I find it rather puzzling, I live in Ohio and I'm 22 and most of my generation is very successful, they're graduating school, and if they didn't go to school they still found someway to be employed and still smoke weed when just about all jobs here require and drug screening, and even the drug dealers that's my age killing the game. So that article is incorrect to me. Just because some live better than others doesn't mean it have anything to do with the generation. It depends on your hustling and what you choose to do with it.

I highly agree with you, most of the people during my college time all graduated have/had smoked weed. They all seem to have graduated with good standing GPA and its still VERY hard to find a job most of it is because the past generation are still holding jobs so no new jobs are available that are places on a salary level position I doubt weed has anything to do with it though. I myself found a good career yet poor because student loans.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #9
system4

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 116
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

This is why I stress to people to find ways to generate passive income along with your work salary instead of relying on your work salary (main income) to get by in life (especially if it's under $50k). The internet is the best way to make money if you put time and work into it. Before the 90s, there wasn't no opportunity like it was now. Back then, if you wanted to started a business, it had to be a brick and mortar. Now it's easy as having a website.

Some of my passive income streams are:

- Stocks that I've invested into pays out dividends monthly/quarterly.
- 2 Youtube Channels that I own that pays me monthly via Google Adsense.
- Selling Apps/Websites on Flippa (https://flippa.com/users/949010)
- I owned a couple CD from my bank that earns interest over time based on how long I don't touch the money.
- Had a couple Shopify Stores that were making money, but I sold the business..
- Wrote an book two years ago that's still generating me some money (https://www.amazon.com/Make-Android-.../dp/B017VDJQ4Y).. Amazon provides the book for free, but pays me based on the pages read per month through their KDP program. Not to mention I have paperback copies selling too. I'm thinking about writing more guides/books in the future.

A few more passive income streams that I do.. This is not including the 401k and IRA that I have for retirement later down the road. I'm not rich, but one day I will be wealthy if I continue to hustle and find more income streams, so my son doesn't have to worry about paying for his college.

Last edited by system4; 07-31-2017 at 09:11 PM.
system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:45 PM   #10
LegendaryLucci
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_gurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLucci View Post

I highly agree with you, most of the people during my college time all graduated have/had smoked weed. They all seem to have graduated with good standing GPA and its still VERY hard to find a job most of it is because the past generation are still holding jobs so no new jobs are available that are places on a salary level position I doubt weed has anything to do with it though. I myself found a good career yet poor because student loans.
You know? Like I feel like everything is being looked down upon the young generation when most of the parents that raise our generation were crack heads and daddies was dead beats, let's not go real deep into that. The role models were rappers then and its rappers now and it's about getting money if you not getting that then what you doing?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #11
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Quote:

This wins the internet award for today. I completely agree.

Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:51 AM   #12
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

I see a lot of generalising occurring here, remember there are always anomalies! Before jumping to conclusions and getting annoyed, you also need to take a step-back; the articles' could be providing false information (not stating it is, as I haven't checked the sources on them) or the data could have been collated from a small sample group, only representative of a single state or etc. The possibilities are endless.

If there is an increase in poverty, I wouldn't jump to point the finger in blaming others. If others are living in poorer conditions, instead of being annoyed we need to assist others in achieving success; we're not trying to put anyone down here! In doing so, you focus your energy on making others feel or think negatively (whilst your assumptions maybe incorrect) and not improving the existing conditions; if everyone were to do this, we'd get nowhere and we'd all be arguing back and forth.

We can all make it out of tough times and be victorious. The tough times are what give us the strength to succeed.

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #13
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Ya'll Millennials poor af

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #14
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Pretty surreal AND farfetched generalization since most likely this depends on which state is being claimed of that idiocy. Based on the state I'm in, most of the people I know between the ages of 20-30 are getting themselves established and is making a name for themselves, myself included. So, to generalize many '80s-'90s heads is pretty absurd. Not to sound like I'm trying to make a racist statement or undermine anyone and if I did do so, I sincerely do apologize for that but I feel as though this generalized stereotype is based more on whites than majority of other races from my own personal take of it.

Like I see more white people without a job believing that they have some entitlement living here in NYC because they feel as though everyone will be backing them throughout their life and that everything should be handed to them just because. From my point of view, I feel as though more blacks that are from that age range are more inclined to establish themselves and focus on making a living rather than worrying about sitting on their ass expecting some kind of money to fly into their pockets because they are entitled to it. We were raised to work hard and not expect that type of sh*t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #15
Rashiznit-X

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 233
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((HF)Kindaru View Post
Pretty surreal AND farfetched generalization since most likely this depends on which state is being claimed of that idiocy. Based on the state I'm in, most of the people I know between the ages of 20-30 are getting themselves established and is making a name for themselves, myself included. So, to generalize many '80s-'90s heads is pretty absurd. Not to sound like I'm trying to make a racist statement or undermine anyone and if I did do so, I sincerely do apologize for that but I feel as though this generalized stereotype is based more on whites than majority of other races from my own personal take of it.

Like I see more white people without a job believing that they have some entitlement living here in NYC because they feel as though everyone will be backing them throughout their life and that everything should be handed to them just because. From my point of view, I feel as though more blacks that are from that age range are more inclined to establish themselves and focus on making a living rather than worrying about sitting on their ass expecting some kind of money to fly into their pockets because they are entitled to it. We were raised to work hard and not expect that type of sh*t
I semi agree I also live in New York City and thier are many blacks who fit the actually sit around do nothing but hold there hands out to gov for money to spend on drugs and other non sense at a much higher rate then thoses of us who purse success

LOLOLOLOLOLOL !
Rashiznit-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:18 AM   #16
Patrick Bateman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_SMG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Quote:

This wins the internet award for today. I completely agree.
Check out the rest of WSO, it's one of my favorite sites.

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog...s-of-hard-work
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:01 AM   #17
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...n-time/315151/

Every new generation is the "worst" generation, until the next group comes along.

Older politicians still think working minimum wage lets you pay for college because back in their day, tuition cost $600 instead of $30,000. Houses cost $20k instead of $300k. Relatively, things cost less and it was easier to get what you wanted. We probably won't even have social security by the time we are retirement age, as older generations got what they wanted and don't want to pay their fair share.

Imagine someone who's yelling at a cashier that their milk coupon isn't being accepted because it expired 3 days ago. Do you see a millennial?