SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Banners, Avatars and Images

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next Generation: R.o.A DwAyN3 Challenges and Tournaments 17 11-04-2009 07:19 PM
Generation Kill LAB~MONSTER General 5 08-14-2008 10:58 AM
SFOID: Second Generation Wolfeh Banners, Avatars and Images 27 06-03-2008 05:49 PM
Old generation v.s new generation LiquidSnake78 Challenges and Tournaments 103 05-06-2006 12:25 PM

Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Blade

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New generation of taggers?

Well, just from viewing this sector in recent times, I have noticed many of the new generation GFX Artists, use downloaded brushes. I didn't make this topic to flame them about how the use of download brushes takes no effort.

I'm sure many of the older generation GFX Artists will agree with me on there being a downloadable brushes fenzy going on. Now, before you start saying stuff like, I'm an old school gfx artist, think again? I'm not even what you people like to call "old school" even though I have played for 3 years.

I have a question for all of you who use downloaded brushes, why do you use them? Most of you are at a stage where using defaults and making your own brushes would develop your skill for GFX further, look at Aba, kester, or StarWarrior for example, all of these individuals make tags with defaults, shapes, etc. and could still make something better than those who use downloadable brushes.

Please no flamming, it would be nice to see some discussion topics related to GFX - rather than countless request and rate this tag topics.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
LAB~MONSTER
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
LAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura about

I totally agree with you man, But I understand where ure coming from Blade. But I would like to hear what the other guys have to say. This topic is gonna be interesting.

Thank you Trunks
LAB~MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
King1218
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
King1218 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said. I must admit that when I first started gfx in 05 I used dl brushes. But then I figured very soon that using them wont increase my skill so I stopped. Its amazing what Photoshop has to offer. It's jus that the younger generation is too lazy to bother looking or experiment.
Using defaults will definatly bring up your experience with PS.

Simmy (Lady R) and Danny (Me xD) forever <3 since 4/16/2007
King1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
el_playa
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
el_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

I use more filters and pen tooling..
could you name some pplz that u feel use dl brushes.
i dun use dl brushes
but i dont get what u mean of &quot;defaults&quot;
like do u a choose a brush and play with the settings?? thats what i do somedays... or do u
just choose a type of brush and thats it??
el_playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
Keman333

Post Thanks / Like
Keman333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm dont know what to say to this, I wouldn't really call myself a GFX artist or anything though i do like making banners and stuff. Yes I do use DL brushes I guess because its eaiser like blade said, and I guess it also makes me feel like im better at GFX then I actually am I dont know. I know im not as good as you guys but mabey just using default brushes alot will help change that!
Well theres my 2 cents worth.

//2\\

Keman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
(-StarWarrior-)
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
(-StarWarrior-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Downloadable brush are only for people who just started like on the first week and doesn't know how to even use brush.

Its like this. &gt;&gt; Filter-->download brush-->defaults-->Own brush-->Render-->Vector-->Web skinner &lt;&lt;

Thats how it is for me. Except, I never used download brush. Ever. I just learned my stuff from VirtualFighter;s/ss10;s comments at forums and &quot;msn&quot;.

Well, yes. I am and so many others are against download brush. Its just another way to ripping, giving no credits and getting away without any problems.

By the way, you don't have to Be good to make &quot;good&quot; work. Its out of creativity and commen art.
You don't need to be good to make your own brush or anything. Just make what is original and not made from other people;'s hand.

Uber~Clash, encouraged me and most of us to use defaults and own brushs. Except he never shared how he ever produced his works or anything.

I asure you someone will make others encourage to use what they know about photoshoping other then downloading.

(-StarWarrior-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
devilsoul is an unknown quantity at this point

I use DL brushs, why? Well, simple really. No one ever showed me how to make banners otherwise, and doesn't matter if i go over tutorials and what not because i can't remember how to do what i learned. Plus, i have no creativity, to lazy to think.

P.s: So far the only thing i know how to do properly is the Smudge effect (Which as you can see in my banner, doesn't look well because i again have no creativity)

"Forever"
devilsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #8
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

You cannot blame using downloaded brushes on the fact that no one taught you. No one taught me, yet I don't use D/L brushes? I could name many people who were never &quot;taught&quot; but learned themselves, from practise.

devilsoul, I respect the fact that you openly admit it, yet I see a few users on this site who you can tell, very plainy use them, yet continue to denie it.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
1-hitta

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2448
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

*sighs* does it really matter now. =/

Cyber Akuma -- Brought to you by SFO Underground!

1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((~BLADE~) @ Oct. 19 2006,13:05)]You cannot blame using downloaded brushes on the fact that no one taught you. No one taught me, yet I don't use D/L brushes? I could name many people who were never &quot;taught&quot; but learned themselves, from practise.

devilsoul, I respect the fact that you openly admit it, yet I see a few users on this site who you can tell, very plainy use them, yet continue to denie it.
For me, i have nothing to hide. I don't see why some of these people feel &quot;Ashamed&quot; that they use Dl brushs. You use them, then you start looking over tuts. Soon you'll get the hang of photoshop and will not need dl brushs anymore. But for me, i havn't got time to spend 1+ hours on a banner trying to make a good background and effects.

"Forever"
Old 10-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Shady_vip)^ @ Oct. 19 2006,18:24)]*sighs* does it really matter now. =/
Shady, that post was unneccessary if you don't wish to participate in this convo don't post.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
trunks_1242
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
trunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enough

i can honestly say that i have never used d/l brushes becuz when i heard that its other artists brushes its their stuff

aka ripping

but my main thing is that...

its not ur idea not ur creativity not ur style

i like to know my style not someone else's its just...not cool

if everyone in the world wore the same thing it would be bland and boring

so thats why i dont

but i also have a mentor in gfx he goes evilhadoken and blade has helped me along the way and star has pointed out some nice ideas to me aswell and also castone

lab and i talk about each others sigs time to time but ya..

my ideas..

Retro From The Getgo.
Thanks Lab.
trunks_1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #13
GangstaGoose
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
GangstaGoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Using downloaded brushes makes sh1t too easy, and there's no challenge in making a tag. Downloaded brushes can make the worst GFX artist look decent, even pro, so that's why I use defaults.

I'll admit I used downloaded brushes when I started GFX a couple years back, but then I quickly learned that defaults were better for me, and Twitch told me how to use defaults good. :P
Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
~H~Zabuza
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
~H~Zabuza is an unknown quantity at this point

I still learning,and all my brushes are orginal. I can make my own brushes now thanks to blade xD

~H~Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #15
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

So far 3 people (Who to my knownledge are good at gfx) have posted and have said they were shown something. See, no one ever showed me anything.

"Forever"
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
LAB~MONSTER
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura about

I started using download brushes in my first two weeks of graphics. Then Virtual Fighter and Star convinced me to stop using them and use my own brushes. From since then I have never used a download brush. I started creating my own. I also learned how to Tweak the brushes to get a wider variety.

If I kept on using download brushes I would never have learned half of the stuff I know right now. With download brushes u get a good effect with one click, but with defaults you have to combine and make up your own. So in a way it forces you to try new stuff.

Thank you Trunks
Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #17
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (devilsoul @ Oct. 19 2006,17:37)]So far 3 people (Who to my knownledge are good at gfx) have posted and have said they were shown something. See, no one ever showed me anything.
Hahahahha
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Question...

I'm not GFX artist or anything but, dubya tee eff is a default brush and what makes it differnt than a d/l one? o.o
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #19
LAB~MONSTER
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (azncat @ Oct. 19 2006,18:21)]Question...

I'm not GFX artist or anything but, dubya tee eff is a default brush and what makes it differnt than a d/l one? o.o
Well default brushes are the brushes that come with the Adobe Photoshop pack. This is what everyone have when they first download Photoshop.

Then there are other brushes that other gfx artists make and they put them up for others to use. Since its someone else's creation its not really good to use it and then claim that u did everything.

Thank you Trunks
Old 10-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #20
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont use default brushes, i make my own.
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
DrunkenMasta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Aba is 2 leet for d/l brushes lol

I used it when I first started.. took like 10 minutes lol..

But I smudge now ^^ and use c4d and smudge that and used some stuff ABA told me ^_^
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
trunks_1242
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
trunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enough

ya virtual fighter made a tut and followed well thats the only tut ive ever used

and also dam_ite and aba deserve some credit they both helped me for a looooong time

xD

Retro From The Getgo.
Thanks Lab.
trunks_1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #23
DrunkenMasta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

dame_ite is still learning but is going at a fast pace then when I first started .. i got flamed -_-

But ABA is secks so thats why I'm sorta leet lol..

but really d/l brushes could be used to help make your own brushes in a sense... but stay away from them... dont help =/

DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #24
(-StarWarrior-)
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
(-StarWarrior-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Americanbadass @ Oct. 19 2006,18:17)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (devilsoul @ Oct. 19 2006,17:37)]So far 3 people (Who to my knownledge are good at gfx) have posted and have said they were shown something. See, no one ever showed me anything.
Hahahahha
I'd laugh a long with ya aba.

Seriously. Its either you use them or you don't. Your choice of getting better or just stand there n; do nothing about it.
Thats one opinon. =.=
(-StarWarrior-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #25
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much my point. Mostly everyone you see on this forum (Mostly! Not all) were shown something(s) and continued trying and became better.

"Forever"