SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woman calls 911 over McDonald nuggets SolidSnake76 General 47 03-08-2009 08:41 PM
Miss Teen South Carolina Calls 911 DOAHazard Links 7 09-17-2007 02:59 PM
Sony PSP to offer net calls ? y_09 General 10 05-30-2007 11:38 PM
Classification of a diabolical jackass SolidSnake76 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 73 09-06-2006 12:01 PM
Cky>jackass PENZEL Links 0 09-05-2006 11:26 PM

Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
~H~Blaze
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1498
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube
Default Re: Obama calls Kanye a Jackass

umm... knowing tmz they probably got someone to do an obama impression.

=/
eitha ways obama's pro.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
asshole

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Sep. 16 2009,15:48)]He's a fan of hip hop.
I know, and that upsets me.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #28
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Why?

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #29
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

which is most disturbing

* ** That anybody might think West ISNíT a jackass
* ** That the president would have time to form an opinion on this
* ** That Obama is the only person on earth whose Jackass List is off-the-record

If some guy on the street said this, then it wouldn't matter
when obama says it, it's big news!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #30
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ Sep. 16 2009,22:16)]Why?
Because I don't want a president who pays attention to what most rappers have to say. All in the mainstream hip-hop now is "got mo' money". If he listens to that kind of stuff, and has those people play at his inauguration.. then that upsets me.

=[
Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #31
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Not being a huge fan of mainstream, current hip-hop, I'd cut him some slack. What he (or any of us) listens to does not always influence us in negative ways unless we let it. A lot of people you know and/or like might listen to mainstream hip-hop. If that doesn't upset you, why should his personal music tastes make you upset? They're his music tastes.

I remember seeing cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and Aretha Franklin at the inauguration. No hip-hop artists.

Beyonce was at a Presidential Ball and she sang a classic soul oldie.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Jay-Z rap something at the inauguration? I remember seeing him on stage, but I fell asleep around after.

And those other friends around me that listen to mainstream rap, don't also run me.
I like Obama. I like him a LOT, and I don't think he's a bad person at ALL. And him even listening to the music isn't even a big deal.. it's everything that comes with the package. Little kids that are walking around might be like "hey.. this music isn't so bad.. after all the PRESIDENT listens to it, so can we. YAY!"
And look at the affect it can have on those kids.

Ya know?
Other countries even. Most third world countries try to copy American lifestyles, that's a fact. One of the most copied "styles" is hip-hop. People in Dubai, Delhi, and some other big cities I cant remember are ALL ABOUT trying to be "hip-hop/rap". On NPR, there was even a story about this a while back on how these young kids in other countries listen to this music and wanna be like them and how their counts of rapes and deaths by shooting has gone UP.
So the AMERICAN president listening to this music, probably makes them think it's okay to do stuff like that.

Na mean?

=[
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #33
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (`Crystal @ Sep. 16 2009,02:41)]The President pays attention to everything
...From Politics to Sports to Disney Channel ..lol

Mega u say Kanye got paid for that lil stunt? Proof?
... Proof?

why, wenever thing seems to be going well in hip-hop, something comes up..

Remember the feud between The Game and 50Cent? 2006?
Gucci Mane and Jeezy? After Gucci Mane dropped his Bullcrap album, they just started dissing each other...

Gang related =/

But... a recent one Rihanna and Chris Breezy.
This stuff is scripted... reminds me of the WWE.
This poop is scripted. they see each other all the time.
all that bull they write about, they wont pop a soda.

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #34
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

I don't consider that as proof, Mega.

Oh asshole, whether Obama listens to hip pop or rap is none of our business. As long as the songs do not influence his decisions. lol

Almost everyone watched the VMAs, and those who didn't( like me) still knew what happened at the VMAs. It was in youtube in like 5mins, photoshop geeks were all over it. I'd be shocked if Obama said "What did Kanye do? I have no idea what happened"
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #35
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

You're missing the point of my post Crystal.

=[
Old 09-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

i have to agree with both Titan and Ass.

At first, i didn't know where you were coming from. i thought you just hated on Hip Hop, but when you mentioned the negative side of Hip Hop and the Presidental influence on kids, (esp. in his case, being the first African American President, we all know Bush wasn't admired for poop..)
At that moment, i agreed whole heartily with you.

But, he has his own tastes in music. You can't blame him for enjoying Hip Hop, esp. with deep artists who convey messages that i wish weren't underground. That's just my opinion though.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #37
561_boi

Post Thanks / Like
561_boi is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt it akward how they got that on audio.... OBAMA got some StalkerS!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #38
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Ah.. but it's true. They're on a roll. They were first to report michael's death, and they were the first to report on this (even though they were there.)
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #39
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Sep. 17 2009,14:01)]i have to agree with both Titan and Ass.

At first, i didn't know where you were coming from. i thought you just hated on Hip Hop, but when you mentioned the negative side of Hip Hop and the Presidental influence on kids, (esp. in his case, being the first African American President, we all know Bush wasn't admired for poop..)

But, he has his own tastes in music. You can't blame him for enjoying Hip Hop, esp. with deep artists who convey messages that i wish weren't underground. That's just my opinion though.
You know.. I feel bad having to say this.
I don't care Obama listens to but seeing as Rap has mainly only negative affects to our society, I just wish he doesn't announce he likes it, or pays attention to it so much. =/

I really do feel bad saying that, because I don't want to have him live a lie.. but I just keep thinking about the kids that are all gonna grow up listening to THISSS rap and still think they'll have a chance of becoming President. =[

=[
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
SoLevitated

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 56
SoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enoughSoLevitated will become famous soon enough

i don't think this is funny
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #41
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

nice of your to just realize it
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #42
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the argument is most people, kids included, already listen to mainstream rap. While some of them will or already do look up to the President and will emulate him to some degree, I still think they'd emulate more than just listening to rap. He listens to rap, but doesn't live his life in a negative way, nor does he let his daughters. I just think the kids could, or should, look at the whole picture and take away the positive aspects of his life.

If they're going to listen to rap, it'll probably be because they already do, or want to out of their own free will.

Edit: ... Mega, did you just claim Chris ******* beating Rihanna was scripted? Elaborate.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #43
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ Sep. 18 2009,00:46)]The problem with the argument is most people, kids included, already listen to mainstream rap. While some of them will or already do look up to the President and will emulate him to some degree, I still think they'd emulate more than just listening to rap. He listens to rap, but doesn't live his life in a negative way, nor does he let his daughters. I just think the kids could, or should, look at the whole picture and take away the positive aspects of his life.

If they're going to listen to rap, it'll probably be because they already do, or want to out of their own free will.

Edit: ... Mega, did you just claim Chris ******* beating Rihanna was scripted? Elaborate.
Yeah, you really think that?
I mean our whole lives we've been told to do good, good, and good. But we ALWAYS seek that thrill of doing bad.

Every person really knows whats right from wrong, but most people will choose wrong just to seek that thrill. These rappers know that the music they're putting out is hurting their community, but they don't care.

Arrrghh.. I hope I'm making sense. It's too early in the morning. Lol.

=[
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #44
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do. Even if we kept going at it, bro, we wouldn't change our opinions.

People can take negativce and positive influences from the world they live in. You can't take one broad brush and paint everyone with it. We're all a little of both.

I'm not so much arguing about the nature/impact of mainstream/current rap, I'm arguing that people do have a choice in how they let the world they live in impact them. Especially for kids, their parents should play a role in that, but that's not always the case.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 AM   #45
~OL~AvengedWolf
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
~OL~AvengedWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ Sep. 17 2009,14:38)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Sep. 17 2009,14:01)]i have to agree with both Titan and Ass.

I don't care Obama listens to but seeing as Rap has mainly only negative affects to our society, I just wish he doesn't announce he likes it, or pays attention to it so much. =/

I really do feel bad saying that, because I don't want to have him live a lie.. but I just keep thinking about the kids that are all gonna grow up listening to THISSS rap and still think they'll have a chance of becoming President. =[
Kids of today are not even into what the Presidents got to say, when you think about it. See stuff like these is what adults talk about but when you think about it. You think a 13 year old is going to actually tell his friends "hey guys obama listens to rap, but I think the negative effects of rap is bad for our society. What a bad president?" No. Kids go out doing activities, it's really up to the parents and what the parents teach em. At least when I was 13 I could care less what the president did. And I turned out fine, because my parents were all about tough love and showing bad from wrong. And now I'm into political stuff and a lil' hip-hop here and there.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #46
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (~OL~AvengedWolf @ Sep. 19 2009,03:07)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ Sep. 17 2009,14:38)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Kids of today are not even into what the Presidents got to say, when you think about it. See stuff like these is what adults talk about but when you think about it. You think a 13 year old is going to actually tell his friends "hey guys obama listens to rap, but I think the negative effects of rap is bad for our society. What a bad president?" No. Kids go out doing activities, it's really up to the parents and what the parents teach em. At least when I was 13 I could care less what the president did. And I turned out fine, because my parents were all about tough love and showing bad from wrong. And now I'm into political stuff and a lil' *hip-hop here and there.
bingo yahtzee scrabble he got it
but did u all know that stunt kayne pulled is staged ftw
oh yea lolol look at this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq4cMshFS_E

Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #47
catman20
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

Obama a G..that what it is

catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #48
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like

lol
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #49
(x-a)Freezealot

Post Thanks / Like
(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point(x-a)Freezealot is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (x-a)Freezealot's YouTube

Kanye is a jackass but obama cant talk.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #50
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

I was going to avoid this thread due to the fact that it is so trivial.(Yes, Superman vs Goku is more important than this belive it or not.)

Anyhow, this was suppose to be kept private, and Obama was just making a light hearted response, to an unimportant topic. A response which I think any president would of made or either said no comment.(Unless we're talking about George Bush. He probably would of made some unfunny joke about the situation.)

Also, who cares what type of music Obama listens to. People watch movies where people kill people, rape people, torture people(Saw movies anyone?). Does that make their character any worse? I would have to say absolutely not.

Unless we start getting rid of all forms of entertainment, we cannot start pointing fingers at rap music or anyother form of entertainment that is legal. Hell, even country music talks about getting drunk and violence, at some bar, with cowboy boots on, etc. So, anytype of music can have people question it. People just love to critic stuff and probe and disect it for any type of thing they find disliking. That's just people.

But yeah..this whole Kanye and Taylor thing should of been like a one day story if that. I'm more worried about healthcare, troops dying, the economy, and foreign matters, to even care more than 5mins about something like this.

What Kanye did was bad. People do bad things everyday, but they just don't make the news. Hopefully, Obama will learn his lesson and just say no comment. People wonder why presidents and other famous people say no comment all the time. It's because the public cannot handle the truth...

Truth is.. Kanye was acting like a jackass, but apparently, some people can't handle the truth from Mr. Obama. Just imagine if Obama came out and said Aliens were living in Area 51. People would probably start jumping off buildings, quitting their jobs, killing people, or someother highly retarded illogical thing to do.

The future equals.. no comment. *

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote